Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by imharrow
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 114 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8C9AC75F-73E6-43AA-96FB-7ADA2E764523 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190427_152456 (resized).jpg
15545605042015127097833251487732 (resized).jpg
901B1B5B-E149-48E7-9982-05172CFF3C32 (resized).jpeg
036E8891-7E96-4AC6-BB4D-3BC1C17DC0BA (resized).jpeg
51B25C71-50EB-4B33-BDF7-7B1E77FFD3DC (resized).jpeg
6F0C9B28-3D40-40D1-9FF8-0D6D0BF274EB (resized).jpeg
0D654B91-8BAE-4155-8AEA-FE5A05BB50BD (resized).jpeg
17BC243C-6661-4F1F-B670-2E13CD8E843C (resized).jpeg
552A8153-6320-4FCE-BF4A-D522367F11EC (resized).jpeg
BBDisplay-CCR2 (resized).jpg
CCR_Translite2 (resized).jpg
CCR_CabArtwork2_L-Side (resized).png
CCR_BackboxArtwork2_L-Side (resized).png
CCR_alternate_artwork (resized).jpg
BBDisplay-CCR1 (resized).jpg

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 7 months ago

Indeed it does! I’m really enjoying it.

Turns out the game does, indeed, have code to account for just not swinging the bat when balls are enabled. That makes the setting quite interesting and provides yet another point for the player to make tactical decisions.

#302 7 months ago

Thanks for the video. Looks like a fun game.

1 week later
#303 6 months ago

I was doing a test of direct video capture from P3. I did a test recording of Grand Slam Rally. In some ways a better view than Toyguy's video in some ways worse.

#304 6 months ago

Took delivery of my BackBox LCD this weekend... it was delayed because I was out of town just after Christmas; so I couldn't pick it up locally.
Installation was quite easy, looking forward to some quality time with it on the CCR game when I can afford it. The stock market rollercoaster is keeping my cash flow below expectations.

#305 6 months ago

In case any of you missed the announcement from Gerry.
Two new games are shipping (CCR, and Grand Slam Rally) along with the back box display.

https://www.multimorphic.com/news/cosmic-cart-racing-grand-slam-rally-and-backbox-displays-all-shipping/?fbclid=IwAR35Byp-sNdSOE472kGw3wwu9XJ6FwwFgcT_x9hesxmIYw_NijLqOCpnTcc

#306 6 months ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

Two new games are shipping (CCR, and Grand Slam Rally) along with the back box display.

To clarify. CCR is a new PF module; shipping required. PF would have to be built.
GSR is an electronic download after purchase in their store. Uses an existing PF (Cannon Lagoon)... so if you have CL; you can buy GSR for only ?$400? and then put it on your machine. If you don't have the CL module; you'll have to buy it (the module) and the GSR game.

#307 6 months ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was doing a test of direct video capture from P3. I did a test recording of Grand Slam Rally. In some ways a better view than Toyguy's video in some ways worse.

Never thought of that! What did you do, split the HDMI output or something?

My best to date:

552A8153-6320-4FCE-BF4A-D522367F11EC (resized).jpeg

All defaults except Balls are enabled.

#308 6 months ago

So does CCR have network play enabled?...because, that would be pretty cool if it does. Kind of a big deal for pinball. Would love to hear from a new owner.

#309 6 months ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

My best to date:
[quoted image]
All defaults except Balls are enabled.

My top score is only 10 Runs at the moment. Very fun game.

#310 6 months ago

It’s sure nice to see some action on the P3 forum!

#311 6 months ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I am using an elgato hd60s for the HDMI capture. It has HDMI passthrough. So you can plug it in in the backbox and everything works.

It can take audio input as well, I will probably split the audio and direct capture that.

#312 6 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So does CCR have network play enabled?

Yes, LAN play is enabled with up to 4 machines. Internet play isn't quite ready yet but it's the next big feature we'll release for CCR.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

1 week later
#313 6 months ago

Great new article from iNTERGAME about the resurgence and future of pinball, featuring Charlie (from Spooky Pinball) Zach (from Stern Pinball), and Gerry. Pinballs future is looking pretty bright...

http://edition.pagesuite.com/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=41dad7a3-8a45-4687-9085-45e4394854cf
… Jump to page 38.

#315 6 months ago

The latest update to GSR is great! The addition of the Grand Slam bonus adds a nice strategic decision for the player. Do you go for Singles to load the bases and hope to knock it into the stands for the bonus, or swing away for more bases and keep runners in scoring positions? Tough choice...

Next up, I think, is the backbox display, then CCR. Fun times in P3 land!

2 weeks later
#316 5 months ago

Got CCR installed tonight!

No surprises setting up. Installed the module software, game software, then the CCR playfield itself. Mucked with the sound levels to get everything nice and crisp. Up and running in under 10 min.

Love the concept, the playfield is impressive and as expected results in a totally different game from Lexy and Cannon Lagoon.

Looking forward to network play!

17BC243C-6661-4F1F-B670-2E13CD8E843C (resized).jpeg
#317 5 months ago
Quoted from xizor:

Got CCR installed tonight!
No surprises setting up. Installed the module software, game software, then the CCR playfield itself. Mucked with the sound levels to get everything nice and crisp. Up and running in under 10 min.
Love the concept, the playfield is impressive and as expected results in a totally different game from Lexy and Cannon Lagoon.
Looking forward to network play![quoted image]

Nice! Thanks for the report. Let us know your fastest time in the Particle Accelerator time trial.

- Gerry

#318 5 months ago

Got the backbox display running tonight and it’s a wow! Very easy install, it is the crispest LCD in all my pinballs by far.

Have yet to get a game in tonight.

0D654B91-8BAE-4155-8AEA-FE5A05BB50BD (resized).jpeg6F0C9B28-3D40-40D1-9FF8-0D6D0BF274EB (resized).jpeg
#319 5 months ago

It's neat seeing it next to the DI. Having it above the speaker panel is possible because we're not using the display to convey information to the person playing (they can look at the playfield LCD). I like the vertical separation between the cabinet and the backbox display.

It looks like the bottom part of the display is getting cut off (bottom of the speed text). Are the brackets mounted all the way up against the flanges of the backbox shroud? You should see all of the text (for reference: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-lexy-cabinet-artwork-and-backbox-display#post-4644186)

- Gerry

#320 5 months ago

Brackets are good, the shroud was just pushed up a bit. Kids were on it the moment there was room for them to weasel their way in.

Quoted from gstellenberg:

It's neat seeing it next to the DI. Having it above the speaker panel is possible because we're not using the display to convey information to the person playing (they can look at the playfield LCD). I like the vertical separation between the cabinet and the backbox display.
It looks like the bottom part of the display is getting cut off (bottom of the speed text). Are the brackets mounted all the way up against the flanges of the backbox shroud? You should see all of the text (for reference: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-lexy-cabinet-artwork-and-backbox-display#post-4644186)
- Gerry

036E8891-7E96-4AC6-BB4D-3BC1C17DC0BA (resized).jpeg51B25C71-50EB-4B33-BDF7-7B1E77FFD3DC (resized).jpeg
#322 5 months ago

I love seeing these pics, thanks! Your kids are very lucky.

#323 5 months ago

Congratulations xizor looks great. My CCR and backbox has just arrived as well just got to get rid of the kids so I can have a decent play

#324 5 months ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Congratulations xizor looks great. My CCR and backbox has just arrived as well just got to get rid of the kids so I can have a decent play

Finally had a great session on it today. Lots of fun!

Had to tweek a few things to get the playfield working as expected, the ball would keep hitting top plastic on the right ramp preventing it from entering consistently. I expect it is something to do with the ball hopping a bit on entry.

I snipped off the zip ties and added some spacers to raise the enterance height and everything has been perfect since.

901B1B5B-E149-48E7-9982-05172CFF3C32 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#325 5 months ago

I had a chance to play CCR last night at Helicon Brewery, and have some mixed feelings about it.
It was exciting to play something as unique as this, but I just couldn't get in to it.
It felt very prototypical. As if it wasn't finished yet.
I'll have to spend more time with it.

#326 5 months ago

We'd be interested in any constructive feedback you have for why you couldn't get into it. Admittedly, CCR is a big divergence from traditional pinball. That's intentional. It's cart-style racing while navigating physical pinball shots. So I'm wondering if it didn't immediately resonate with you because you were hoping for a traditional experience or because of something specific that you feel didn't work.

Constructive feedback is always welcome.

- Gerry

#327 5 months ago

We'd be interested in any constructive feedback you have for why you couldn't get into it. Admittedly, CCR is a big divergence from traditional pinball. That's intentional. It's cart-style racing while navigating physical pinball shots. So I'm wondering if it didn't immediately resonate with you because you were hoping for a traditional experience or because of something specific that you feel didn't work.
Constructive feedback is always welcome.
- Gerry

Hey Gerry-

I'll start off by saying that I really liked playing CCR because it's something new and different. Having enjoyed VPins and Future pins I'm not mired in tradition to have fun playing pinball. I love it all, (except for that Bugs Bunny Birthday one. That's just garbage. ) In fact I practically giggled like a schoolgirl when the magnetic ball locks/launches on the ramp did their thing!

What I couldn't get past was that it just felt ... unfinished. The lack of graphics on the rear playfield looks like what a white-board prototype looks like, just only it was black. All black. There's all these vivid colors on the screen whizzing by during play, and then you get to the rear third of the field being a big chunk of blackness. If there ever was an opportunity to use this space to compliment what you're seeing on the screen this is it.

There's also the targets at the base of the ramp. They look like they're missing some kind of graphic or decal.. or just even some color. They reminded me of how the duck target decals on my Cyclone looked when they wore off.

The plastic ties holding the LED strips to the ramps seemed temporary. Sort of like someone hanging a tube of LED lights on their porch for a party that'll only be taken down at the end. Perhaps another method could be employed to attach them that's hidden?

The game play however was a lot of fun. The first race was fairly easy to win after acclimating myself to the rules for playing by watching others play before me. Then they seemed to get more difficult after that first one. I caught myself just staring at the flipper and slingshot mechanics figuring out how the coils must layout with their associated linkages to make it all work.

It's surely a game I want to spend more time with. I definitely want to try playing head to head with others. Now that seems like it'd be a blast! Admittedly I've only played CCR a handful of times, but my initial first impressions were just that. The little details I mentioned above felt like a lump I just couldn't swallow.

I applaud you for making such a groundbreaking platform with so much potential that I'd love to add to our home some day. I hope your welcoming of constructive feedback was sincere because I'm only posting it here for that reason.

-Paul

#328 5 months ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

I hope your welcoming of constructive feedback was sincere because I'm only posting it here for that reason.

Absolutely - we appreciate the feedback, and we're open to making changes that fit within our vision for the games.

Quoted from Pablito350:

In fact I practically giggled like a schoolgirl when the magnetic ball locks/launches on the ramp did their thing!

Hah - I love it!

Quoted from Pablito350:

The lack of graphics on the rear playfield looks like what a white-board prototype looks like, just only it was black. All black. There's all these vivid colors on the screen whizzing by during play, and then you get to the rear third of the field being a big chunk of blackness. If there ever was an opportunity to use this space to compliment what you're seeing on the screen this is it.

The playfield artwork actually isn't all black. It's a full space scene with planets, stars, and other relevant space content. I think sometimes the brightness and patterns shown with the 900 RGB LEDs overwhelms the playfield artwork, but that's somewhat intentional. The lighting is supposed to create the feeling of vibrancy over a dark space background.

The brightness of the LEDs is settable in the operator settings. I wonder if the lights were dimmer if you'd feel the artwork was relevant and less unfinished. Then I'd like to hear if you enjoy the gameplay as much with dimmer lighting.

All that said, we've heard similar feedback from a few others (though admittedly the others saw the game only in videos). I'd love to hear more opinions on this from others.

Quoted from Pablito350:

There's also the targets at the base of the ramp. They look like they're missing some kind of graphic or decal.. or just even some color. They reminded me of how the duck target decals on my Cyclone looked when they wore off.

Interesting. A bunch of games don't include target decals. A lot of times they're after-market mods. We debated long and hard about using colored targets, but the nature of the gameplay (shooting for the shots that are your track color give you the biggest speed boosts) that we didn't want the targets to be confused for specifically-colored shots. I get that that can make it feel more like a whitewood outside of the context of the theme.

One of the ways we sometimes get into a bit of trouble with the P3 (relative to playfield artwork packages) is we change the meaning of shots based on what's happening in gameplay. This is fine for virtual targets and when we use LCD graphics to define the meaning of the physical shot (like with chevrons and such), but labeling the targets and/or coloring them sometimes makes them look wrong relative their meaning. In this game, for instance, hitting the standups when you have an attack powerup will play the attack against the opponent across from you. If you're the green track (as you currently are in a single player game), the opposite opponent is blue. If you're the red track, the opposite opponent is yellow (and vice versa). So making them fixed-color targets wouldn't work. Hitting the side targets plays the powerup against the opponent on that side, but they're RGB-lit, allowing us to change the color appropriately.

Quoted from Pablito350:

The plastic ties holding the LED strips to the ramps seemed temporary. Sort of like someone hanging a tube of LED lights on their porch for a party that'll only be taken down at the end. Perhaps another method could be employed to attach them that's hidden?

I don't disagree. We looked into a bunch of different solutions for this, even relying on the strip's adhesive to hold them in place, but we haven't yet come up with something that works with all of the constraints (curved / 3D spans, no physical mounting points for long distances, required visibility through the ramp), and we didn't want the strips to fall in cases where the adhesive failed. A lot of games use zip-ties to mount to plastic ramps (printed plastics, toys, side-view fiber optics, etc), and it always looks a bit unpolished. I think it's even more visible in CCR because we line EVERY shot with LEDs. If anybody knows of a better solution that fits in the constraints, please PM me.

Quoted from Pablito350:

The game play however was a lot of fun. The first race was fairly easy to win after acclimating myself to the rules for playing by watching others play before me. Then they seemed to get more difficult after that first one.

That's exactly what we're going for. The between-race time trials (and associated chances to get on the high score table) are rewards for winning races. Each subsequent time trial is different (requiring different shot sequences and such), and each circuit race is progressively harder.

Quoted from Pablito350:

I caught myself just staring at the flipper and slingshot mechanics figuring out how the coils must layout with their associated linkages to make it all work.
It's surely a game I want to spend more time with. I definitely want to try playing head to head with others. Now that seems like it'd be a blast!

Hopefully you get that chance soon!

Quoted from Pablito350:

I applaud you for making such a groundbreaking platform with so much potential that I'd love to add to our home some day.

Thank you, sincerely.

- Gerry

1 month later
#329 4 months ago

I streamed some hoopin' it up tonight. It is fun. The general premise is cool and the use of the walls is good. It seemed to loose track of things a few times were I got multiple balls and it just got confused, but overall I am really impressed.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399094352

1 week later
#330 3 months ago

For those with ccr— I just got mine installed last night and was curious — there’s no Ethernet jack connection on mine, not needed on ccr?

#331 3 months ago

That's right it's not needed. No ethernet plug on mine either.

#332 3 months ago

Officially have a p3 on loan from a friend.

Can't wait to get into it, and def need to read up this thread.

It's definitely a different experience.

#333 3 months ago

Go for the eight ball multi-ball in Lexy Lightspeed. So challenging.

#334 3 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Go for the eight ball multi-ball in Lexy Lightspeed. So challenging.

I had 7 loaded, entered a mode off a weird bounce to the scoop and drained during the mode

Was very upsetting

#335 3 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Officially have a p3 on loan from a friend.
Can't wait to get into it, and def need to read up this thread.
It's definitely a different experience.

Nice. Be sure to create an account on our support site and watch through the P3 Learning Series videos. You'll get used to the differences very quickly.

- Gerry

#336 3 months ago

Nice. Be sure to create an account on our support site and watch through the P3 Learning Series videos. You'll get used to the differences very quickly.
- Gerry

The owner has done that, and it seems I have a ton of updates to do.

Thanks Gerry!

Will have to find time to get into this thing

#337 3 months ago

Update time....

Which means question time...

It seems this machine is a few updates behind (as excpected) However; do I need to install ALL previous updates before installing the newest? Or can I just jump to the most current versions?

I.E.

The latest Lexy Lightspeed Escape From Earth I see is : v1.212

I also see Lexy Lightspeed Escape From Earth: v1.209 (and even earlier versions)

Is there any reason to spend the time to do each update in order, or just jump straight to v 1.212?

Is this answer different for games vs drivers and system manager files?

Curious before I start to mess around here.

Thanks for the help in advance!

#338 3 months ago

Pretty sure you can just download/install the latest. You can free up space by wiping the older versions off your P3 once the new one is installed and verified to be working.

#339 3 months ago

Yes, you can jump straight to the latest versions.

Best practice is:

1) If there's a System Manager update, install that first, exit the old System Manager, and launch the new System Manager.
2) Install all new apps (except for Launcher) and module drivers in any order while in System Manager.
3) Install the latest Launcher. It will require you to power cycle after it's installed.

- Gerry

#340 3 months ago

Yes, you can jump straight to the latest versions.
Best practice is:
1) If there's a System Manager update, install that first, exit the old System Manager, and launch the new System Manager.
2) Install all new apps (except for Launcher) and module drivers in any order while in System Manager.
3) Install the latest Launcher. It will require you to power cycle after it's installed.
- Gerry

Sweet. Will do so likely today.

#341 3 months ago

Doing installs... Might be nice to add a visual percentage bar while loading large files (like full games) instead of just 'installing package...'

It would be nice to know how far along the install has to go.

Just a thought.

15545605042015127097833251487732 (resized).jpg
#342 3 months ago

Thank you. Yes, it's been bubbling up our priority list. Still a few major platform features to hit first.

- Gerry

1 week later
#343 3 months ago

Looks like I will be picking up a used one next week. Can't wait In GSR is their a two player mode like slugfest as one pitches and one bats? If not I think that would be awesome to add.

#344 3 months ago

No 2 player mode in GSR at this point.

#345 3 months ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

No 2 player mode in GSR at this point.

Sounds like a job for @86pixels … I forget his Pinside name.
I'd actually welcome this addition. Kinda needed for on-location play.

#346 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sounds like a job for @86pixels … I forget his Pinside name.
I'd actually welcome this addition. Kinda needed for on-location play.

Yep +1 to this. I loved the game but that would def add a needed element for a fun 2 player game. I’d like to add that plus a 3 inning 2 player option.

#347 3 months ago

Or maybe a team tourney mode... where each player gets a time at "bat".

#348 3 months ago

Did multiball get removed from CCR? We haven't played the game a ton, but it seemed to have less "features" than the old stream from last year.

#349 3 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Did multiball get removed from CCR? We haven't played the game a ton, but it seemed to have less "features" than the old stream from last year.

I heard multi was removed for now as it didn’t integrate well with the racing theme/concept. Maybe back in code update?

#350 3 months ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I heard multi was removed for now as it didn’t integrate well with the racing theme/concept. Maybe back in code update?

It seems multiple rule/feature/mode decisions were made with the sole/primary rationale being to "align" with the racing theme, and I think the results are unfortunate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 224.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.99
There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside