FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 73.
#251 5 years ago

Big thanks to Kevin and Nick for hosting me and the P3. It's always a lot of fun chatting about pinball and the P3, especially to people who are passionate about the hobby. The interview went great, and it was fun to see people reacting to and interacting with CCR.

Moreso than at a show, where my attention is divided, I left with a long list of things to address to improve gameplay and make the uniqueness of CCR an advantage rather than a source of confusion. The foundational pieces are in place. The next couple of months leading up to first shipments will see focus on competitive aspects (ways to determine winners across players playing in different heats), more excitement when shots aren't being hit, availability of the magnet locks in all races, more information describing what's happening during the race and especially when the finish line is approaching, and of course more immersive callouts, sound effects, and lightshows are coming!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#252 5 years ago

Watched the stream - game looks like a lot of fun. Great work guys!!

1 week later
#253 5 years ago

I played Lexi lightspeed this weekend as I was really looking forward to discover that unique concept of a modular pinball. The playfield is quite unique to say the least with parts of the mechanics visible on top of the screen that covers most of the playfield. There is a real potential there, a possible success in digital pinball that reminds me of Pinball 2000 but in a much better and improved way.

My only issue where I played was that the screen is very bright and the ambiant light was low, like it's often the case in game rooms, which made it hard to follow the ball. The ball leaves a trace on the screen to help but it has a small lag which made it hard to track. I wonder if adding a sensor that can dim the screen brightness according to the light could help as I'm not sure operators really know how to set it up properly.

But wow, when it comes to pinball innovations, this one is surely a step forward.

1 week later
#254 5 years ago

Our 2nd lexy!! Thanks Gerry.

Lexy lightspeed  (resized).jpegLexy lightspeed (resized).jpeg
#255 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Our 2nd lexy!! Thanks Gerry.

Whoa! Head-to-head play coming soon.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Our 2nd lexy!! Thanks Gerry. [quoted image]

Thank YOU for your support!

- Gerry

1 month later
#257 5 years ago

How’s the testing going on the new software? Any word on Cart racing - still out this year? Been a bit quiet. Any owners on here been part of the testing group?

#258 5 years ago

After a few iterations, the test cycles look to be wrapping up. We're also finalizing our web-server features to allow you to download update packages for your P3. The server features are in internal test now. We'll deploy when we wrap up testing on that. See below for Release Notes on LL-EE. The other apps have improvements too, but the LL-EE update is the most comprehensive.

CCR is on track to hit the production line in late Oct.

- Gerry

LL-EE 1.136 Release Notes:

- Fixed spurious app exits on scene changes.
- Added logic to find a compatible module driver (if one is installed).
- Added error reporting about incompatible module drivers (rather than just crashing).
- Moved outlane switch positions to the same location as the indicators.
- Fixed slow drift of inlane/outlane targets and LITE LOCK targets, which caused the targets to not register after a while.
- Inlane/outlane virtual rollovers are now more sensitive to address false negatives.
- Ball search now includes ship rotation.
- Ball search now includes lower ship gate.
- Ship now uses lower gate during single ball play (in modes and when lock isn't lit and multiball isn't ready).
- When starting multiball, ship releases the first 4 positions at the top of the ship and drains the last 4 positions at the bottom of the ship.
Balls drained by the ship are launched back into play.
- Added calibration logic to ship. (Requires ship to be mechanically aligned properly).
- Lock awarded when a ball jam through bottom gate when lock is lit.
- No longer add to existing ball save timer when starting Agent or LightsOut multiball. Use existing timer value or new one, whichever is higher.
- Ship position adjustment is now smooth.
- Ship no longer pauses at the first rotation position when a new ball is detected.
- Can now disable ship completely and game should still play ok (as long as the ship is positioned so a ball can drain through the entrance).
- No longer repeatedly play double vision voice call after double vision is achieved.
- Splash screen now includes app, module, and driver information.
- Settings menu now includes an information screen with app, module, and driver information.
- Added option to pause mode timer when ball is shot into pops. Swamp defaults to true.
- High score tables no longer show through settings menum
- Added option to disable smoke trails.
- Hitting a moving spotlight target lights mode.
- Added switch debouncing in LightsOutMultiball.
- Don't replay Flash lightshows in less than 0.3s in LightsOutMultiball.
- Don't play LightsOutMultiball is lit callout while in Agent Multiball.
- Removed button combos for turning on the ball tracking overlay.
- Fixed issue causing alien attack lights to keep blinking after alien was killed.
- Changed volume display.
- Scoop popup/hurryup can now be disabled.
- Respawns can now be disabled.
- Added app exit message when coin door is open.
- Added upper screen logo during splash screen and translite during gameplay.
- Removed debug launch capability.
- Re-added pop and sling sounds.
- Minimum coin drop bonus credits is now 0 instead of 1.
- Both start button and launch button now select characters during name entry.
- Only show light mode reminder if a mode is available.
- Swamp - shot to mode hole to end mode collects gas before ending.
- Ship ball search now pulses the bottom gate 4 times before moving
- Fixed a corner case with ball search losing track of a couple of balls in the ship.
- Use entered name (from high score) or profile name in result, when available.
- Pre-fill the high score entry name with profile name, when available.
- Fixed sound chain indexing problem that would cause alien attack sounds and graphics to get suppressed.
- Fixed Warehouse mode having empty rooms for 2nd teammate to attempt Warehouse during team play.
- Added setting for final alien battle health recovery delay. It used to be 5s. Default is now 10s.
- Mini-LCD improvements:
-- Fixed a bug with alien animating twice at the start of a ball where the alien battle was in progress on the previous ball.
-- Fixed a bug that at the conclusion of a mode, a resumed alien battle would not always appear on the miniLCD until after a switch hit.
-- Fixed AlienAttack/AABattle scene being visible during high score entry.
-- Fixed LOMB staying on MiniLCD after LOMB ends.
-- Added enhancements to AgentMultiball MiniLCD display.
-- Fixed Alien Attack showing on screen after game end
-- Fixed Alien Attack showing on screen after ball end
-- Fixed 0% showing on screen even after alien defeated or alien attack ends
-- Made LightsOutMultiball easier to read on MiniLCD
-- Fixed LightsOutMultiball not clearing at end of LOMB (*this still happens on rapid drain)
-- Fixed Agent Multiball agents remaining counter not updating after final shot
-- Mode timer removed from Critter Craze screen. Critter Craze timer is now represented with a progress bar.
-- During Agent Multiball, only show Agent Multiball status on MiniLCD if an Alien Attack isn't active.

#259 5 years ago

Thanks for the update Gerry! Ton of fixes and updates - very excited to see that released and get it installed!

2 weeks later
#260 5 years ago

In the process of joining the club! I’m buying one preowned from another pinsider..

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

In the process of joining the club! I’m buying one preowned from another pinsider..

Nice! Shipping across seas? You may get it about the time the new code all gets released? Be good timing just LLEE module?

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Nice! Shipping across seas? You may get it about the time the new code all gets released? Be good timing just LLEE module?

My collection is in Mississippi. I’ve been following this pin the last couple years. I talked with Gerry and played one at a show in Atlanta a couple years ago and just came upon a deal I couldn’t pass up with ROCs and Secret Agent Showdown.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My collection is in Mississippi. I’ve been following this pin the last couple years. I talked with Gerry and played one at a show in Atlanta a couple years ago and just came upon a deal I couldn’t pass up with ROCs and Secret Agent Showdown.

Ok that makes more sense. Sweet! Wonder how many of these have exchanged hands on secondary market, I only know of one other.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Ok that makes more sense. Sweet! Wonder how many of these have exchanged hands on secondary market, I only know of one other.

I’m not sure. This one was too heavy to haul into the first owner’s basement.

#265 5 years ago

There's probably not too many P3s out there yet. Even so, unless there are extenuating circumstances, it seems crazy to sell the whole platform now when there is so much coming out for it soon. It's definitely different to buying and selling traditional single-game machines. I'm sure when there are more P3s in customers hands and more games to choose from, people will start buying and selling the individual game kits rather than the whole platform. If I was going to buy one now, for example, I would probably just get the platform with CCR and not buy Lexy at all (Lexy's a good game but I'm just more excited about CCR).

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There's probably not too many P3s out there yet. Even so, unless there are extenuating circumstances, it seems crazy to sell the whole platform now when there is so much coming out for it soon. It's definitely different to buying and selling traditional single-game machines. I'm sure when there are more P3s in customers hands and more games to choose from, people will start buying and selling the individual game kits rather than the whole platform. If I was going to buy one now, for example, I would probably just get the platform with CCR and not buy Lexy at all (Lexy's a good game but I'm just more excited about CCR).

I’d agree - def too early to sell. Hope to see a new module next year in addition to ccr - is love to see what someone comes up with independantly.

#267 5 years ago

Me too. Looking forward to CCR when it arrives. Congratulations on your purchase Toucanf16

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Congratulations on your purchase Toucanf16

Thanks! I’m really looking forward to this pin. It truly seems revolutionary.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Thanks! I’m really looking forward to this pin. It truly seems revolutionary.

Please keep us posted on your experience!

#270 5 years ago

I've been told that there will be a few announcements coming out in the next few days, and possibly a big one during the Houston Gaming Expo this weekend.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

I've been told that there will be a few announcements coming out in the next few days, and possibly a big one during the Houston Gaming Expo this weekend.

Cool, Gerry has been very tight-lipped recently, so this is welcome news.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Gerry has been very tight-lipped recently

HAHAH, just recently?

#274 5 years ago

I was wondering when you'd FINALLY announce the backbox display. I'm 100% in on that! Question on the new artwork though. I really dig the new art style, but does this mean you are changing the models in-game? They don't appear too often, so I guess it wouldn't be TOO hard. I was always confused as to why Lexy looked completely different on the translite versus in the game. The cabinet art has changed and now she has a 3rd look. Just curious if you'll be syncing up the art styles.

Kudos either way, and have a great show!

#275 5 years ago

Backbox lcd heck yeah!!! Been waiting for that — that will be awesome for multiplayer games as well as really nice when switching between both modules and software games so it displays the correct art on backbox

Lot of big announcements - software update is huge and ccr shipping to boot! Sweet!!

Wonder what people think of the art? I was happy with original Lexy art myself, curious if it is a big improvement for those that didn’t like the Lexy art?

Here’s to hoping the ccr modules and quick to produce and they all ship out before the new year

#276 5 years ago

Love the new art and the new screen, great announcements.

#277 5 years ago

New Lexy artwork:

LL-EE_Translite2 (resized).jpgLL-EE_Translite2 (resized).jpg
LL-EE_CabArtwork2_R-Side (resized).pngLL-EE_CabArtwork2_R-Side (resized).png
LL-EE_BackboxArtwork2_R-Side (resized).pngLL-EE_BackboxArtwork2_R-Side (resized).png
LL-EE_alternate_art (resized).jpgLL-EE_alternate_art (resized).jpg

#279 5 years ago

Here's the Cosmic Cart Racing as well.
In case you missed it in the announcements this game should begin shipping sometime in November.
Gerry said there will be two networked machines at the Houston Expo this weekend available to play.

BBDisplay-CCR1 (resized).jpgBBDisplay-CCR1 (resized).jpgBBDisplay-CCR2 (resized).jpgBBDisplay-CCR2 (resized).jpgCCR_alternate_artwork (resized).jpgCCR_alternate_artwork (resized).jpgCCR_BackboxArtwork2_L-Side (resized).pngCCR_BackboxArtwork2_L-Side (resized).pngCCR_CabArtwork2_L-Side (resized).pngCCR_CabArtwork2_L-Side (resized).pngCCR_Translite2 (resized).jpgCCR_Translite2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#280 5 years ago

Installed the new code on the weekend. It is amazing how much more enjoyable Lexy is with the new spaceship handling.

#281 5 years ago

Yeah, makes the game play so much faster. I also love that ball search includes the ship now.
I can't wait until they start programming in the dynamic content for the new back box LCD and have player score up there as well.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Installed the new code on the weekend. It is amazing how much more enjoyable Lexy is with the new spaceship handling.

That’s awesome to hear! Been on vacation and haven’t been able to update - hopefully this week or weekend.

If anyone orders the lcd would like to hear what they think of it.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

If anyone orders the lcd would like to hear what they think of it.

My plan was to be first on the list, but Gerry says that honor is already taken.

#284 5 years ago

November is almost here, that means CCR is coming!

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

November is almost here, that means CCR is coming!

Think they’ll ship 1 unit at a time as they are done and tested or will complete batches of them and send them out?

Also is another milestone soon for multimorphic — when all preorder CCR’s ship they will have completed preorder obligations and all future production /orders are generating full revenue for them which will have to feel pretty awesome!

I’m curious if the next module is already being designed, seems likely?

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Think they’ll ship 1 unit at a time as they are done and tested or will complete batches of them and send them out?

Not sure, but it must be a piece of cake to assemble a module after making a whole P3.

Quoted from Mbecker:

I’m curious if the next module is already being designed, seems likely?

Yep, probably, plus the others that are already being designed by third parties.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My plan was to be first on the list, but Gerry says that honor is already taken.

I was second in line for the LCD list. I don't know who got first dibs.

#288 5 years ago

The new code for the ship really speeds things up — love how it immediately pops out another ball. Really nice to have the Kane change detection working 100% as well.

Anyone else notice detection issues on ROCS sometimes between the ball and the smallest rocs?

Also - my rightmost wall sometimes doesn’t stay up during rocs and warehouse mode. Is there an adjustment for that?

#289 5 years ago

The only thing I noticed...
When I'm in ?warehouse mode? and trigger CritterCraze... then the mode times out and "exits" appear; the crittercraze ends.
Maybe that's on purpose; but It was kind of anti-climatic.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Anyone else notice detection issues on ROCS sometimes between the ball and the smallest rocs?

Ball tracking is unchanged since the original release, but we're currently working on algorithm improvements. So this should get better when that's released.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Also - my rightmost wall sometimes doesn’t stay up during rocs and warehouse mode. Is there an adjustment for that?

Something mechanical likely needs to be tweaked. Check that the LED cable isn't getting caught on the plunger stop plate when pushing the wall up manually. Also check that the motion of the plunger and make sure it's moving cleanly.

Quoted from Zitt:

The only thing I noticed...
When I'm in ?warehouse mode? and trigger CritterCraze... then the mode times out and "exits" appear; the crittercraze ends.
Maybe that's on purpose; but It was kind of anti-climatic.

It's absolutely intentional, but we've received similar feedback a lot. We originally had critter craze pause the mode timer but we stopped doing that to force players to be more aware of the critter count and be more strategic about starting critter craze. Thematically, critter craze is local to the scene mode. Leave the warehouse (or cabin, bar, swamp, etc), and you've run away from the critters. Makes sense to me.

- Gerry

#291 5 years ago

When the exits show up, you can stay in warehouse without exiting by flipping towards the side target posts. In all modes, you can keep progressing through the mode if you're able to avoid the exit shots. Pretty much all modes have non-exit shots you can hit to make mode progress.

- Gerry

#292 5 years ago

Ok... how about this...
I lit Lights out multiball... then unceremoniously drained within seconds of lighting it - IE I didn't collect it.
When I came back with a new ball; Lights Out multiball was no longer lit but it was still the the "search" mode like you cleared it.
That doesn't seem right to me.

#293 5 years ago

Thanks Gerry — I’ll take a look at that and see if something is hanging up.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ok... how about this...
I lit Lights out multiball... then unceremoniously drained within seconds of lighting it - IE I didn't collect it.
When I came back with a new ball; Lights Out multiball was no longer lit but it was still the the "search" mode like you cleared it.
That doesn't seem right to me.

Well, unfortunately that is correct... If you don't collect it after completing the targets you lose it. Also, once played it can not be re-qualified again during that game (unless you beat the entire game maybe? I'm not sure what happens after you beat the game, I've only been kind of close...once...)

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

If you don't collect it after completing the targets you lose it.

This is also intentional. Losing your ball has thematic repercussions. This is one of them. LightsOut Multiball reflects your character sneaking around the base after knocking out the spotlights. If you lose the ball, you've lost that element of surprise.

- Gerry

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I was second in line for the LCD list. I don't know who got first dibs.

Just confirmed I’m third in line!

2 weeks later
#297 5 years ago

PinballSTAR Black Friday discount :

Multimorphic / P3 - Lexy Lightspeed
$ 10,000 / $ 1,000 Deposit
Black Friday discount - FREE ROCs Mini Game $ 400 value !

Email Joe at [email protected] !

3 weeks later
#298 5 years ago

Lexy on location- Bat City pinball uses a #lexy_lightspeed during league play and other events at Buffalo Billiards. It's a fun machine and always surprises onlookers in the area playing pool or foosball when you tell them about the interactive playfield. Still lots of game to explore for me, it's set up hard enough that a top 20 player won't take forever.

A few stats: http://batcity.league.papa.org/stats?leagueId=1&latest=false&sections=header,jump,machineSummary,playersByMachine#pbm_141
High score- 30+ million, low score 81+ thousand out of 42 officially recorded scores.

#299 5 years ago

Just installed an early release 1.0 of Grand Slam Rally. Did a quicky video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=rpqeb9p2nUI

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Just installed an early release 1.0 of Grand Slam Rally. Did a quicky video here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=rpqeb9p2nUI

Thanks for sharing — looks like a lot of fun, and adds a lot of value to the CL module

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 20.00
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/6?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.