20240125_212102 (resized).jpg
20240125_212050 (resized).jpg
IMG_2174 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240108_150728891_HDR.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 72.
#3151 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I am not a 3d designer so, I dont have the skills to create a new 3d print to move the button.
I'm just tired of the same ... I don't like the way they did it, so... Mm go change it back to the old way because I don't like it. Voice your concern... And move on. The damn flipper buttons has come up numerous times and it feels like the same people flame it into a bitchfest

Don’t read the threads. People can say and voice what they want, how they want. No one cares if you’re tired of it just like you probably don’t care if folks are tired of your negative responses

#3152 3 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yes, the newer machines have EOS switches on the lower flippers, so could be a simple software setting. Older machines can have them added.
What do you think Mocean ?

my machine was built when weird al was released. So it's not that old. But by EOS, I mean a EOS that activates the upper flippers. Not a hold switch.

#3153 3 months ago

if you don't know what i'm talking about. have weird AL in, and play by chimp flipping your flippers. Tell me what happens to your power and consistency in flips

#3154 3 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Don’t understand how the computer power supply would have anything to do with strength of the flipper and other coils unless it was somehow pulling down line voltage to the cabinet power supply. Interested in seeing what Nick/MM have to say.

Yep, I'm not sure either, and things like flipper strength and brighter lights could totally just be in my head, but that long upkick on Weird Al usually would only make it halfway up the wireform and now it's just flying up and through with ease. The rough stats in my head on that are 1/50 successful attempts with the old ATX, 10/10 with the new one. Maybe with the playfield movement during troubleshooting the VUK kicker nudged/fell into a better position, or maybe something that was a little loose got a firmer plug-in along the way. Dunno, but so far it's very real. Can't wait to try other modules with long upkicks this week to see how they fare.

#3155 3 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my machine was built when weird al was released. So it's not that old. But by EOS, I mean a EOS that activates the upper flippers. Not a hold switch.

Now that there is an EOS on the lower flippers, it could be used to both hold the lower flippers and activate the upper flippers (with a programmable delay even) on single button play, if they're not doing something like that already.

It's just software.

One downside to single button play could be overheating/fade on the upper flippers, since there is no EOS on the upper flippers.

#3156 3 months ago

double post

#3157 3 months ago
Quoted from Mocean:

It is a bit more complicated than I made it out to be when you work through the details, but I'll offer it up to the engineering faculty for a possible project for one of the classes in the makerspace.

Thank you Mocean

#3158 3 months ago

Any rumors of what next game will be?

#3159 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any rumors of what next game will be?

All we know is that it's a licensed theme and should cause a rush of orders lol.

#3160 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

All we know is that it's a licensed theme and should cause a rush of orders lol.

I’m looking for reason to not sell my P3.

#3161 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the announcement at the Houston show(10-12 Nov).

Have you played Heist or Final Resistance? Both are awesome games but on opposite spectrums of play experience.

#3162 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I am not a 3d designer so, I dont have the skills to create a new 3d print to move the button.
I'm just tired of the same ... I don't like the way they did it, so... Mm go change it back to the old way because I don't like it. Voice your concern... And move on. The damn flipper buttons has come up numerous times and it feels like the same people flame it into a bitchfest

You know what I'm tired of? You constantly criticizing the conversation that is going on as you jump in to defend multimorphic. I'm sure you think your posts are helping them, but they really don't. Gerry seems to be more than capable to represent and speak for himself and his company when needed. Attempting to shut down the conversation or just plain criticizing it for happening, just makes it more divisive than anything else and can reflect poorly on the company, even though you don't represent them, even though you sort of act like you do. The topic keeps coming up because flippers buttons and flippers are something very important to players and are a frequent conversation in many, many game threads, not just multimorphic, and it is always going to be.

I come to this thread because I have interest in the P3 and want to learn more about it (none near me to try out), I want to hear the loves and hates of the machine and its pros and cons. You telling folks to shut up is not helpful to anyone.

I get that you are a fanboy of the company, but stop trying to be Multimorphic's guardian angel, it adds nothing to the thread and probably does more harm than good to the company.

#3163 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's also on Starship Troopers, which is DMD-era. Is that the last game that had multiple buttons?

Munsters uses separate buttons for it’s lower “mini” playfield.

#3164 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the announcement at the Houston show(10-12 Nov).

This comment didn't age well very quickly. (Check your e-mail for MM's latest update.)

#3165 3 months ago

Multimorphic October 2023 update

After scaling up our manufacturing speeds over the last 1.5 years, we reached maximum capacity at our current 10,000 sq-ft facility in Round Rock, TX in September, peaking at 10 new P3 machines a week. Now 8 months after the launch of Final Resistance, we've successfully brought down the lead time on new P3 orders to a reasonable 4-6 weeks. This lead time will certainly jump up again when we release our next game kit, but for reasons explained below, that release is still a few months away. In the meantime, we're continuing discussions with our property manager about expanding into adjacent space.

Due to the popularity of Final Resistance with existing P3 owners, the FR game kit queue is currently about 4 months. All other game kits are in stock and ready to go. As a reminder, we maintain separate build queues for game kits shipping in new machines versus those shipping separately to existing P3 owners. So based on our current queues, a new machine ordered with Final Resistance installed will ship well before we reach the end of our Final Resistance game kit queue.

Final Resistance production is almost up to full speed. We'll be moving more resources over to the FR assembly team this week and expect to be ahead of our shipping estimates within the next month or so. Responses to the game have been absolutely incredible. The fast-paced, high energy gameplay coupled with the original Scott Danesi soundtrack delivers another unique and exciting pinball experience on the P3.

In response to a few early FR customer reports, we're working with the suppliers of the drop target assembly and center wireform to get stronger versions of both. We're also preparing a software update to adjust the default strengths of the associated coils to reduce the forces applied to the current parts (in addition to a LOT of gameplay enhancements). The improved parts will be sent to each FR customer free of charge. We're also looking into a few reports of unexpected shield movement and hope to have a resolution for those customers soon.

Stepping back and looking at our overall business, we're extremely proud to have designed an incredibly innovative and feature-rich pinball platform and a growing number of beloved and award-winning games. As a small team operating with a small budget, we achieved this by continually pushing hard on new product development. What we unfortunately haven't always done well is take the time to reevaluate early design choices relative to manufacturing difficulty and reliability and proactively update designs and materials to improve customer experiences. While many owners are enjoying their P3s without many, if any, issues, others have run into too many problems.

To address the root of those problems, we've temporarily paused new product development so our engineering team can work through a full review of parts and materials in the P3 and game kits. Our business model ensures we're always motivated to help you keep your machine and games working well, but this goes beyond that. This is us saying we can and will do better, and just to be clear, we'll come up with a full plan to make sure all existing and future P3 customers are taken care of. With an existing library of amazing games and a product roadmap that includes 3 licensed titles, we want everybody enjoying their machines and not needing as much customer support. We'll share more information about a remediation plan after working through our review and implementing associated changes.

Temporarily pausing new product development means we won't be releasing a 2nd Multimorphic game kit in 2023 as previously planned. Instead we'll be applying any relevant improvements to the new game and making it the best P3 product release yet, continuing to raise the bar and deliver another one of the most immersive pinball experiences in the industry.

What's not affected by the delay is any in-progress software updates for our games and releases of 3rd-Party games. Two 3rd-Party P3 games were released recently, bringing the total number of 3rd-Party games to eight (8) and the total number of P3 games to nineteen (19). We absolutely love seeing the creativity people are putting into their games, and we're glad to see many of you supporting and enjoying their efforts.

Dungeon Door Defender: A $199 tower-defense add-on game for the Heist playfield, by Michael Ocean. Reveal stream here:

Drained Bite-Sized: A $99 multiball-centric add-on game for the Drained playfield, by For Amusement Only Games. Reveal stream here:

Both games are available for purchase in the Multimorphic webstore. Multimorphic and 3rd-Party game kits can be found here: https://www.multimorphic.com/category/p3-game-kits/

As always, thank you for your support. We love seeing all of the online posts and pictures with you all enjoying your P3s, and we're looking forward to improving everybody's experiences and delivering more amazing pinball games.

- Gerry Stellenberg
Multimorphic, Inc.

#3166 3 months ago

Quoted from northvibe:

To address the root of those problems, we've temporarily paused new product development so our engineering team can work through a full review of parts and materials in the P3 and game kits. Our business model ensures we're always motivated to help you keep your machine and games working well, but this goes beyond that. This is us saying we can and will do better, and just to be clear, we'll come up with a full plan to make sure all existing and future P3 customers are taken care of.

#3167 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Thanks Gerry for the update!Perfect timing.Guess I’m staying in the club

#3168 3 months ago

heck yes! I know it probably hurts to hear people talk negative about the company/product, but MM is Gerry's baby and negative comments can also be constructive criticism. Great to see and hear that MM is actually looking at what they can improve.

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Thanks Gerry for the update!Perfect timing.Guess I’m staying in the club

Freaking 3 MORE licensed titles in progress. ughhhhh cannot wait!!!!! I also would love to see more 3rd party games release! hopefully people are working on them

#3169 3 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Freaking 3 MORE licensed titles in progress. ughhhhh cannot wait!!!!! I also would love to see more 3rd party games release! hopefully people are working on them

Actually I think what Gerry meant it’s 2 more in progress for a total of 3 including Weird Al.

#3170 3 months ago
Quoted from Seraph:

This comment didn't age well very quickly. (Check your e-mail for MM's latest update.)

Yeah the timing was funny lol.

#3171 3 months ago

I have complete faith Gerry and co. will continue to bring us great games with continuous improvements across the board. This kind of honest response in manufacturing is surprisingly refreshing and I'm really happy that their commitment to a quality user experience has been affirmed vs. sweeping things under the rug. Very cool.

#3172 3 months ago
Quoted from spoke:

You telling folks to shut up is not helpful to anyone.

You know what I'm tired of? People putting words in my mouth. Quote one post where I told people to shut up. I'll wait.

As to the fanboy comment, meh. If so, so what

#3173 3 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I have complete faith Gerry and co. will continue to bring us great games with continuous improvements across the board. This kind of honest response in manufacturing is surprisingly refreshing and I'm really happy that their commitment to a quality user experience has been affirmed vs. sweeping things under the rug. Very cool.

Couldn’t agree more with this statement!

#3174 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Actually I think what Gerry meant it’s 2 more in progress for a total of 3 including Weird Al.

Incorrect. The first of the 3 will be our next release. All 3 are secured and happening.

I keep saying people will regret not buying in when the queue is short. Please be sure to remind them when they post later about having to wait in line.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#3175 3 months ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Incorrect. The first of the 3 will be our next release. All 3 are secured and happening.
I keep saying people will regret not buying in when the queue is short. Please be sure to remind them when they post later about having to wait in line.
- Gerry

Gerry! For those of us who DID buy in when the queue was short, are you guys still working on an upgrade kit for the walls/scoops and the speaker kit? I'll be in Austin in January, I can pick up the parts

#3176 3 months ago

I keep saying people will regret not buying in when the queue is short.

So if the queue is short now .... does that mean I can preorder the next mystery licensed title today and be first?

**** I know what the answer is, but had to comment anyways

#3177 3 months ago

Hello!! Unfortunately, I am out of ideas and need help on my machine. (Currently have Weird Al module in) the main left flipper is giving me fits. It flips fine but every couple flips it completely dies upon impact with the ball. If I engage the flipper and hold it and let the ball land on it the flipper dies every couple of times as well thus draining the ball. It is quite frustrating to say the least. I have ordered and installed all new wiring and coils to the main (lower) flipper module. I just received a new SW16 board and installed it with no luck. I have traced the wires and pulled out and adjusted the flipper buttons to ensure the proper contact is being made. I am not sure if it is a software issue or what at this point. It really makes the game unplayable which is a bummer as I absolutely love my Weird Al and Heist modules. Any advice on how to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I have tried everything I can think of. THANKS AGAIN!!!

#3178 3 months ago

Is there a way to map the buttons differently in FiRe? I’d like to try to use yellow button to activate powerups instead of start button.

#3179 3 months ago
Quoted from Spud1982:

Hello!! Unfortunately, I am out of ideas and need help on my machine. (Currently have Weird Al module in) the main left flipper is giving me fits. It flips fine but every couple flips it completely dies upon impact with the ball. If I engage the flipper and hold it and let the ball land on it the flipper dies every couple of times as well thus draining the ball. It is quite frustrating to say the least. I have ordered and installed all new wiring and coils to the main (lower) flipper module. I just received a new SW16 board and installed it with no luck. I have traced the wires and pulled out and adjusted the flipper buttons to ensure the proper contact is being made. I am not sure if it is a software issue or what at this point. It really makes the game unplayable which is a bummer as I absolutely love my Weird Al and Heist modules. Any advice on how to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I have tried everything I can think of. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Sounds like your EOS is not working. Inspect the EOS board on the flipper assembly. There should be a U-shaped black plastic component on it. Some have fallen off. If this is the case you need to replace the board. In the meantime just unplug the EOS board. This will tell the system there is no;EOS. It operates slightly different.

#3180 3 months ago

How would people feel about starting a topic/thread for buying, selling, trading playfield modules?

#3181 3 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How would people feel about starting a topic/thread for buying, selling, trading playfield modules?

Great idea!

#3182 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Gerry! For those of us who DID buy in when the queue was short, are you guys still working on an upgrade kit for the walls/scoops and the speaker kit? I'll be in Austin in January, I can pick up the parts

Walls/scoops and backbox. Yes, we will still be making the upgrades available, definitely not during the current design reviews and not likely before the release of the next game. Please do schedule time to come in when you're in town, though! That invitation is open to anybody... if you're ever near Round Rock, TX, shoot me a message and schedule some time to drop by, check out the factory, and try to get us to accidentally reveal our secrets!

Quoted from Spud1982:

I am out of ideas and need help on my machine

It looks like Sarah just created a support ticket for you, as your previous messages were apparently directly to her. Feel free to email [email protected] directly next time, and we'll get you sorted out.

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So if the queue is short now .... does that mean I can preorder the next mystery licensed title today and be first?
**** I know what the answer is, but had to comment anyways

First, we absolutely love that you enjoy your P3 so much that you'd blindly commit to whatever game we're releasing next. Second, stop trying to get me in trouble! Third, if we accepted early orders, you wouldn't be first... by a longshot!

- Gerry

#3184 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Haunted house in the 80's had separate buttons (main/upper/lower pf). Folks weren't throwing fits back then about it. You just played the game as designed.

Technology and UI design has moved a lot in 31 years.

#3185 3 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Since the P3 *could* have fully functioning versions of both options

Can they without changes to the physical design? I've heard a fair number of people saying that the flipper feel weaker when you're flipping them all. I wasn't a one off, so there has to be some reason for it. The split button setup may be more than an artistic choice.

#3186 3 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

but MM is Gerry's baby

One of my babies now. Lol. Man, I thought I was busy before Pooker was born!

Oh, and Sarah and I watched the first two episodes of Bluey the other day to see what all the hype was about. Please tell me it gets better and less anxiety inducing!

- Gerry

#3187 3 months ago

One of my babies now. Lol. Man, I thought I was busy before Pooker was born!
Oh, and Sarah and I watched the first two episodes of Bluey the other day to see what all the hype was about. Please tell me it gets better and less anxiety inducing!
- Gerry

Yeah bluey gets better the longer you get into the seasons. I can try to find a few episodes I like. There are plain funny ones vs real issues that pull heart strings. I actually don’t remember what the first few episodes are about, probably kids terrorizing parents

#3188 3 months ago

here are a few that are good off the top of my head
season 1 episode 25 - Taxi
Season 1 episode 28 - Grannies
Season 2 episode 3 - Dance Mode
Season 2 episode 13 - Army
Season 2 episode 29 - Grandad
season 3 episode 23 - faceytalk
Season 3 episode 32 - Onesies
Season 3 episode 34 - Granny mobile

I mean I love every episode but those are fun ones that I remember and the Granny ones are freaking hilarious. I call my kids Janet and rita and it is hilarious.

#3189 3 months ago

I gotta add in Unicorse (S3 E7), it’s a favorite in our house!

A few more to add to northvibe great list:
Sleepytime- S2 E26
Camping- S1 E43
Rain- S3 E18
Pass the Parcel- S3 E14

Fair warning on sleepytime though, it may get a bit dusty in the room!

#3190 3 months ago

We also started doing Pass the Parcel at our kids parties now too, it’s a cool thing we don’t really have here in the states!

That episode starts a little slow, but the ending is a lot of fun.

#3191 3 months ago

Some treats for Drained and Drained Bite-Sized are available to download this morning.

Drained 2.0.0.1:
<Install Drained Module Driver 1.0.0.0>
Fixed - button legend wording on some interfaces now displays correctly.
Fixed - display of final Medal in list.
Fixed - player profile can now be changed before ball launch.

Drained Bite-Sized 1.0.0.1:
<Install Drained Module Driver 1.0.0.0>
Added - Game time now displays in end of game results.
Fixed - Button legend wording on some interfaces now displays correctly.
Fixed - Profile can now be changed before ball launch.
Fixed - Ball search will no longer occur in late-game scenarios pending launch when in 1 or 2 ball play.

#3192 3 months ago

Officially in the club! My P3 with Final Resistance arrived today!

Good god is this thing heavy!

Playing wonderfully right out of the box! Only odd thing to happen during shipping was the Multimorphic chrome speaker grill covers fell off in transit.

Final Resistance is AMAZING! The P3 has come a LONG way since I last saw one back when LL just came out.

1 week later
#3193 3 months ago

I'm about a week away from being in the club! I can't wait! I've already drawn up a pretty amazing playfield module idea that I can't wait to share when the time is right!

#3194 3 months ago

Sharing time.

So I've been working on this for a little while, gone through a couple prototypes and have it cleaned up and working nicely. This is not quite as easy as making new holes and mounting switches. We'll start with the finished product first then show how we got there.

PXL_20231115_231744014 (resized).jpgPXL_20231115_231744014 (resized).jpg

This is basically the arrangement that Pinzzz is looking for. The red and yellow buttons are in the same basic location, and the white is flipped to the other side, and falls in a spot that for me naturally falls under my middle and ring fingers when index finger is on the red button. This takes some getting used to, and I still mess up from time to time, but it does work very well.

I asked Multimorphic for the stock 3d files, and they were kind enough to share them with me, with the provision I don't share them without permission. I'm still not sharing their files, feel free to reach out and ask them if you want them, but I am sharing my version with their permission to do so. I must note that I was informed that like any mods of this type that could effect the electronics, flipper performance or functionality of the machine, your warranty will likely be impacted. Quote from Gerry in that regard "That said, we'll always be eager to help people get their machines working." USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED FOR THIS MOD FROM MYSELF OR MULTIMORPHIC.

Now for the fun stuff.

Since I wanted to keep my stock button boxes intact, I bought all new buttons, switches, screws, nuts etc needed to create these. The main parts list and assembly instructions is mostly in the Servicing 3-Button Button Boxes found on Multimorphic's wiki page (requires login I believe) https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation

Here is a pic of the 3d printed parts with nut inserts installed and the other pieces sans screws, nuts and wire. I printed these in PETG with 6 wall loops and 3 top shell layers (basically the 'strength' preset for my printer). I did some of my prototypes in PLA and it seemed sturdy enough, use your own judgement.

PXL_20231115_200739711 (resized).jpgPXL_20231115_200739711 (resized).jpg

This was my first time doing heat set inserts in 3d printed parts, but it was pretty easy after watching a vid or two. Here are the parts I bought:
#8-32 heat set inserts, need 6 per set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MCBS75
#6-32 heat set inserts, need 10 per set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076QY9NRQ
Tool to help insert the inserts, different ones are available for different soldering irons: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZHLDPM2

From Pinball Life:
buttons, 2 each of red, white and yellow: https://www.pinballlife.com/cabinet-flipper-button-opaque-1-18-shaft.html
switches, need 6: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-open.html
pal nut for buttons, need 6: https://www.pinballlife.com/pal-nut-nylon.html

I bought the 15 pin connectors and pins from Mouser, there are a couple options that will work.

connector housings, 2 needed: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-03-09-2151 or https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-03-09-2159
pins, 8 needed: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-02-09-2118

Of course I did buy extras of all the above. The other parts, 6-32 screws and nuts, and black, white, red, and yellow 22ga wire I already had or sourced at my local Ace Hardware.

Here is a pic showing showing everything soldered and wired, and buttons installed. Again refer to the Multimorphic document on how this fits together, and note to check the switch spacing as described in that document after assembly. As stated in that document you will need to fiddle with the pal nuts some to get them all lined up to put the nut retainer on. The wiring is nicely color coded, red to red button, white to white, yellow to yellow, and black for common. Refer to your stock boxes for pin placement in the connectors.

Alternatively you could take the parts out of your stock boxes and install in this one, you will need to extend/change some wires to do so.

PXL_20231115_225751599 (resized).jpgPXL_20231115_225751599 (resized).jpg

And the boxes fully assembled with the pal nut tool (stl also included).

PXL_20231115_230407250 (resized).jpgPXL_20231115_230407250 (resized).jpg

Installing the button boxess in the cabinet is pretty straight forward with 3 screws holding each one on, reuse the existing screws for the alt boxes. This can be done, barely, in service position one, but is much easier if you go vertical, which necessitates removing the module. MM has a nice video on how to do so on their youtube page.

I'm looking for other places to keep this, but for now here is a zip of my STL files on my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lwwj9xo7h9qsbw0h4dkwu/ALT-Button-Boxes.zip?rlkey=baik93u4lr21ihpo55t7j1cqp&dl=0

#3195 3 months ago

Outstanding in all regards!

Quoted from BorgDog:

Sharing time.
So I've been working on this for a little while, gone through a couple prototypes and have it cleaned up and working nicely. This is not quite as easy as making new holes and mounting switches. We'll start with the finished product first then show how we got there.
[quoted image]
This is basically the arrangement that Pinzzz is looking for. The red and yellow buttons are in the same basic location, and the white is flipped to the other side, and falls in a spot that for me naturally falls under my middle and ring fingers when index finger is on the red button. This takes some getting used to, and I still mess up from time to time, but it does work very well.
I asked Multimorphic for the stock 3d files, and they were kind enough to share them with me, with the provision I don't share them without permission. I'm still not sharing their files, feel free to reach out and ask them if you want them, but I am sharing my version with their permission to do so. I must note that I was informed that like any mods of this type that could effect the electronics, flipper performance or functionality of the machine, your warranty will likely be impacted. Quote from Gerry in that regard "That said, we'll always be eager to help people get their machines working." USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED FOR THIS MOD FROM MYSELF OR MULTIMORPHIC.
Now for the fun stuff.
Since I wanted to keep my stock button boxes intact, I bought all new buttons, switches, screws, nuts etc needed to create these. The main parts list and assembly instructions is mostly in the Servicing 3-Button Button Boxes found on Multimorphic's wiki page (requires login I believe) https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation
Here is a pic of the 3d printed parts with nut inserts installed and the other pieces sans screws, nuts and wire. I printed these in PETG with 6 wall loops and 3 top shell layers (basically the 'strength' preset for my printer). I did some of my prototypes in PLA and it seemed sturdy enough, use your own judgement.
[quoted image]
This was my first time doing heat set inserts in 3d printed parts, but it was pretty easy after watching a vid or two. Here are the parts I bought:
#8-32 heat set inserts, need 6 per set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MCBS75
#6-32 heat set inserts, need 10 per set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076QY9NRQ
Tool to help insert the inserts, different ones are available for different soldering irons: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZHLDPM2
From Pinball Life:
buttons, 2 each of red, white and yellow: https://www.pinballlife.com/cabinet-flipper-button-opaque-1-18-shaft.html
switches, need 6: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-open.html
pal nut for buttons, need 6: https://www.pinballlife.com/pal-nut-nylon.html
I bought the 15 pin connectors and pins from Mouser, there are a couple options that will work.
connector housings, 2 needed: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-03-09-2151 or https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-03-09-2159
pins, 8 needed: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-02-09-2118
Of course I did buy extras of all the above. The other parts, 6-32 screws and nuts, and black, white, red, and yellow 22ga wire I already had or sourced at my local Ace Hardware.
Here is a pic showing showing everything soldered and wired, and buttons installed. Again refer to the Multimorphic document on how this fits together, and note to check the switch spacing as described in that document after assembly. As stated in that document you will need to fiddle with the pal nuts some to get them all lined up to put the nut retainer on. The wiring is nicely color coded, red to red button, white to white, yellow to yellow, and black for common. Refer to your stock boxes for pin placement in the connectors.
Alternatively you could take the parts out of your stock boxes and install in this one, you will need to extend/change some wires to do so.
[quoted image]
And the boxes fully assembled with the pal nut tool (stl also included).
[quoted image]
Installing the button boxess in the cabinet is pretty straight forward with 3 screws holding each one on, reuse the existing screws for the alt boxes. This can be done, barely, in service position one, but is much easier if you go vertical, which necessitates removing the module. MM has a nice video on how to do so on their youtube page.
I'm looking for other places to keep this, but for now here is a zip of my STL files on my dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lwwj9xo7h9qsbw0h4dkwu/ALT-Button-Boxes.zip?rlkey=baik93u4lr21ihpo55t7j1cqp&dl=0

#3196 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Outstanding in all regards!

Seconded! Wow, well done with the design, build and write-up!

#3197 3 months ago

What was the fix for the right ramp continuously going up and down on weird Al ?
Thanks

#3198 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

What was the fix for the right ramp continuously going up and down on weird Al ?

https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/WAMONH_Right_Lift_Ramp

This article details the switch adjustment needed.

#3199 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Thanks

It's VERY simple, but requires pulling the playfield out of the machine. Nick linked the correct document. Takes maybe 10 minutes

#3200 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's VERY simple, but requires pulling the playfield out of the machine. Nick linked the correct document. Takes maybe 10 minutes

Yes,it was surprisingly easy!!
Also since I had the pin opened up,I clued the wall light connectors into place.
Machine is working flawlessly right now.
Just waiting now for the new big Weird Al update to download.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
5,900 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 72.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/64?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.