AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg
20240125_212102 (resized).jpg
20240125_212050 (resized).jpg
IMG_2174 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 72.
#2701 10 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Dang it... anything special you have to do to get the lights working?
[quoted image]

Something is unplugged beneath the module. I got mine Thursday and no lights, nothing worked… took me a few hours to find 3 connectors unplugged.

#2702 10 months ago

Cosmic Cart arrived in the mail! Woot!
No damage in shipping! Woot!
Plugged it in, fired it up and... vuks were misaligned like on Weird Al. Doh!
Went to remove it and adjust vuks and... it's physically jammed in and I can't remove the playfield.
Launched a trouble ticket, went to bed.
Woke up with an overnight answer on how to get the module out.
Opened it up, removed the module, slightly adjusted the vuk, its all lined up now.
Only got one game in so far so time can tell.
My only big regret in my purchase was getting the Weird Al as an LE. Having the topper on it for other games seems off. It does integrated into the Cosmic Cart with interactive lighting though.
Really sweet being able to play so many games on one table. I know there is DLC for this module but I'm going to wait a while before checking that out.[quoted image]

Just got my CCr and it played out of box thankfully. (CL and Heist still haven’t been played due to vuk issues and I haven’t out in meaningful time to diagnose and repair outside initial hour or two). But love CCR!

Regarding CE- I agree and am
Ordering the grill generic P3. The big issue is the topper lights cause so much glare with other games. What would be cool is it someone could create a shell to cover the topper, but still allow some of the light to get through for relevant light shows? Is that something remotely possible?

#2703 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Just got my CCr and it played out of box thankfully. (CL and Heist still haven’t been played due to vuk issues and I haven’t out in meaningful time to diagnose and repair outside initial hour or two). But love CCR!
Ordering the grill generic P3. The big issue is the topper lights cause so much glare with other games. What would be cool is it someone could create a shell to cover the topper, but still allow some of the light to get through for relevant light shows? Is that something remotely possible?

SA fun too but have absolutely no idea what I’m doing.

#2704 10 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Something is unplugged beneath the module. I got mine Thursday and no lights, nothing worked… took me a few hours to find 3 connectors unplugged.

That's it! Thanks

20230513_142533 (resized).jpg20230513_142533 (resized).jpg
#2705 10 months ago

That's it! Thanks
[quoted image]

Awesome! Now get RITR and SA! I’m really enjoying these adds on games. To me this becomes the best module due to the extra games you can play on it. Enjoy!!

#2706 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

no idea what I’m doing.

"Clearly the academy has sent an ..."

#2707 10 months ago

I’m watching how our guests react to the different games.

Newbies are perplexed by Sorcerer’s Apprentice and rarely finish the game, but they absolutely love Ranger In The Ruins. One little girl played it nonstop for 30 minutes.

#2708 10 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I’m watching how our guests react to the different games.
Newbies are perplexed by Sorcerer’s Apprentice and rarely finish the game, but they absolutely love Ranger In The Ruins. One little girl played it nonstop for 30 minutes.

I'M perplexed by SA

It's the farthest thing from my kind of theme, and I've even read the rules, so I'll have to give it another highly focused go.

#2709 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'M perplexed by SA
It's the farthest thing from my kind of theme, and I've even read the rules, so I'll have to give it another highly focused go.

Best way to understand is to watch KevInBuffalo play it on youtube. Well worth the 20-30 mins. Certainly not a traditional pinball game and not for everyone. For me this is right up my alley. Playing for storyline progress and not for score makes games interesting to me.

#2710 10 months ago

For gamers, it’s pretty easy: Get the spells, break through the pentagrams, collect stuff, don’t drain.

#2711 10 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

For gamers, it’s pretty easy

To understand maybe...but the finger gymnastics required to change spells while shooting jackpots in multiball is anything but easy!

But I love it, there's no other game like it.

#2712 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

If you're referring to the weird Al topper you can just unplug two of the led strips on the topper and there's no glare.

#2713 10 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

If you're referring to the weird Al topper you can just unplug two of the led strips on the topper and there's no glare.

And not cycle through 200 menus!!? thanks- I’ll do this

#2714 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

And not cycle through 200 menus!!? thanks- I’ll do this

Yeah on the front right side of the topper there are two connectors for the two led strips in the front which cause the glare. Takes about a minute.

#2715 10 months ago

Hey Guys , I am picking up a MM Weird Al on Thursday. It looks like the width of the cabinet and back box is 34 3/4 and the opening to my wife’s Nissan Armanda is 34 1/2. Is there a way to undo the back box ? Sterns are pretty easy with just taking off the hindges.

#2716 10 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey Guys , I am picking up a MM Weird Al on Thursday. It looks like the width of the cabinet and back box is 34 3/4 and the opening to my wife’s Nissan Armanda is 34 1/2. Is there a way to undo the back box ? Sterns are pretty easy with just taking off the hindges.

I have the old backbox design (metal top, back and bottom), but it's less than 29" wide.

I doubt the new design is that much wider...

If you do have to remove it, it should be pretty easy. There are a lot less wires going between the head and body than a "normal" pin.

I know I removed my P3's head to make a repair at one point, but it was so long ago I don't remember what the repair was.

- Mark

#2717 10 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I sure hope it's not that wide... oh, looks like you are talking height when folded
Dimensions (resized).pngDimensions (resized).png

#2718 10 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Quoted from BorgDog:

I sure hope it's not that wide... oh, looks like you are talking height when folded
[quoted image]

murfe88, if you are indeed speaking of folded height YES it's taller than a Stern. Enough that Sterns fit in my Mazda van...but this did not. I discovered that the hard way. I don't know how to remove the head, and the seller had recommended I not do that. Maybe it's super easy, but like anything else with the P3 you know it won't be normal

#2719 10 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

You’ll have to unplug a bunch of cables - hdmi, speaker wire, I think some LEDs, power, USB. Make sure you take photos though - most of them are obvious But there are a couple that get confusing.

#2720 10 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/22#post-6805214

Kevin posted photos and info from another owner (with their permission) about removing the head. This applies to first gen cab heads (those without lighted speaker panels). I assume that newer heads should be similar, but this info is not specific to newer models (those with lighted speaker panels).

#2721 10 months ago

One step forward, two steps back. The captive ball ta

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You’ll have to unplug a bunch of cables - hdmi, speaker wire, I think some LEDs, power, USB. Make sure you take photos though - most of them are obvious But there are a couple that get confusing.

Quoted from murfe88:

If you do this please take photos and share / make a brief write up on how you did this and any obstacles you overcame. I need to remove the head and repair some internal bracing before I move mine again and this would help me and possibly others in the future.

#2722 10 months ago

So I think I've gotten Cosmic Kart Racing 100% and have some troubleshooting tips and suggestions to keep from having issues. A few wires got unplugged in shipping on mine causing the lights not to work. Simple reasoning and looking at the bottom found these. I found that one of my opto switch pairs was not working. With help from the Multimorphic I was able to switch a couple pairs of optos... same issue. Unplugged and replugged on the board... same issue. I changed out the wire connecting them with a spare I had from some parts I was sent to get Weird Al going... success! After looking at the bottom I think I know what happened and it also caused a related issue. I was having issues with my playfield sitting too high. I'm guessing that the wire in question was loose enough to get caught on the metal ridge towards the back of the underside of the playfield. The firm seating caused the wire to break internally while at the same time making it so the playfield would not sit properly. This would also explain how it would have tested fine at the factory but I had issues with it when it got here. Less than a week to get it working this time.

So far, with the base game only I rate them:

1. Weird Al.
2. Heist.
3. Cosmic Cart.

I have not paid for and/or tried the minigames but as I understand it Ranger in the Ruins and Sorcerer's apprentice are both better than Cosmic Cart base game. I don't have much time on a fully working Cosmic Cart just yet but I'm inclined to believe it.

#2723 10 months ago

l
I have not paid for and/or tried the minigames but as I understand it Ranger in the Ruins and Sorcerer's apprentice are both better than Cosmic Cart base game. I don't have much time on a fully working Cosmic Cart just yet but I'm inclined to believe it.

It depends. For me the mini games are better. My wife dislikes them and prefers CCR(in arcade mode). For casual players CCR is a better fit. If you like nerd shit then the mini games are so much fun. Yes I like geeking out lol.

#2724 10 months ago

I swear every time I touch the P3 something breaks. Today the glass exploded while removing it. I really like Weird Al but it is really hard to like this machine when every time you touch it something breaks.

Anyone know what size glass this thing takes.

20230520_161651 (resized).jpg20230520_161651 (resized).jpg

20230520_162115 (resized).jpg20230520_162115 (resized).jpg
#2725 10 months ago

I swear every time I touch the P3 something breaks. Today the glass exploded while removing it. I really like Weird Al but it is really hard to like this machine when every time you touch it something breaks.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It should just be a standard size piece of glass. Shit happens.

#2726 10 months ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I also broke my weird Al glass, but it was luckily on the floor next to it. It uses a standard pinball sheet, nothing special. I actually took my TMNT glass and put it in. I recommend trying to find locally as finding someone to ship it can be very expensive.

#2727 10 months ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That truly sucks! Although this doesnt seem to be the fault of Multimorphic , I too have had my share of frustrations with P3 ownership, and have felt equally exhausted with the amount of ongoing problems I’ve had with my unit. It definitely sucks the joy out of your purchase.
Hopefully once everything gets ironed out the feeling will change.

Sorry this happened to you.

#2728 10 months ago

Edit: Deleted. Not multimorphic fault my glass broke. Just frustrated.

#2729 10 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

I recommend trying to find locally as finding someone to ship it can be very expensive.

If you do this, make 100% sure the glass is appropriate for a pin. The last time I tried ordering locally from a glass company, despite giving them exact dimensions and telling them what it was for, they tried selling me a thinner sheet that wasn't tempered and would have shattered into a million pieces on first impact. Speaking of...

I swear every time I touch the P3 something breaks. Today the glass exploded while removing it.

A) That sucks, sorry about that.
B) Make 101% sure every single piece of glass gets removed. I've seen pins owned by casual owners that had absolutely sanded playfields because they also broke their playfield glass, and just did a quick vacuum. The trace remains worked like sandpaper for...ten years. This was a NICE HUO pin...with a needlessly destroyed playfield.

I really like Weird Al but it is really hard to like this machine when every time you touch it something breaks.

Ok, honest answer time: How often is everyone adjusting/fixing the P3s? When I bought mine (used) I knew it needed some tweaking, but it's admittedly been more adjusting than I thought. Is this what's to be expected for P3 ownership? Or do many of you have units that will go hundreds of games between issues (like most modern pins I've owned)?

#2730 10 months ago

Yes. Standard size glass

Quoted from arcyallen:

Is this what's to be expected for P3 ownership? Or do many of you have units that will go hundreds of games between issues (like most modern pins I've owned)?

I've had mine new since first production run. I haven't done a single thing to mine except install upgrades (flipper, monitor), install software updates, and install modules to play different games. No issues what so ever.

I've had more trouble with my Stern Star trek than the P3.

#2731 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

If you do this, make 100% sure the glass is appropriate for a pin. The last time I tried ordering locally from a glass company, despite giving them exact dimensions and telling them what it was for, they tried selling me a thinner sheet that wasn't tempered and would have shattered into a million pieces on first impact. Speaking of...

A) That sucks, sorry about that.
B) Make 101% sure every single piece of glass gets removed. I've seen pins owned by casual owners that had absolutely sanded playfields because they also broke their playfield glass, and just did a quick vacuum. The trace remains worked like sandpaper for...ten years. This was a NICE HUO pin...with a needlessly destroyed playfield.

Ok, honest answer time: How often is everyone adjusting/fixing the P3s? When I bought mine (used) I knew it needed some tweaking, but it's admittedly been more adjusting than I thought. Is this what's to be expected for P3 ownership? Or do many of you have units that will go hundreds of games between issues (like most modern pins I've owned)?

You do have to fiddle with the playfields sometimes when they come in, getting the VUKs dialed in, maybe a mech or two. And yes connectors do come loose in shipping. Maybe a spot of hot glue here or there would help?. And I had to fool with my walls/scoops for a LONG time because I misunderstood the adjustment instructions (and honestly it took longer to complain about it than actually fix it). That’s no longer an issue with the new design.

that’s pretty much it.

#2732 10 months ago

At this stage it's kind of like owning an Alfa Romeo convertible in the 80's. Requires more tinkering than a Mustang, but will get you nominated for homecoming and lots of dates vs. hanging out with frat guys drinking beer.

Getting the P3 dialed in might require some not-insiginificant investments of time and energy depending upon how lucky you are. For me, it has been more work than a typical newbie to the hobby would want to deal with, but I personally enjoy fiddling with, fixing, and learning new things. I've gotten ours up to the level of handling daily punishment and it seems to be worth the effort: The P3 mesmerizes our guests in ways no other machine does. Especially kids. Little eyes have been trained to look at big screens and moving things. It's the most futuristic pinball platform by a mile, including the dynamic software updates and awesome diagnostics panel.

Sorry you've been having a hard time Fromage de Evel. I hope you can stick with it until it reaches its marathon stride. If not, sell me your FR module!

#2733 10 months ago

Deleted. Not really fair to multimorphic.

#2734 10 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yes. Standard size glass

I've had mine new since first production run. I haven't done a single thing to mine except install upgrades (flipper, monitor), install software updates, and install modules to play different games. No issues what so ever.
I've had more trouble with my Stern Star trek than the P3.

Thats funny. I am in no way discounting what you are saying. I remember opening up the hood a Stern Star Trek, one of my first pins and marveling at how well engineered and how reliable it seemed. I'm glad you have had a good experience. I am noticing a trend that those that are closer to the manufacturer seem to be having far greater outcomes than people on the coasts like me. If you can drive to pick it up (and save on shipping) I'd endorse that 100%. Its got to be frustrating for Multimorphic knowing how good their product can be and how they often arrive.

#2735 10 months ago

Does anyone know what the warranty transfer is like on these?

You would have to ask Gerry that question. I bought a used CCR and it kept blowing a fuse. Turned out to be something on the board (it took hours trying to figure it out)but I personally felt like customer service would have been stronger if I bought one nib. Now that I have found a few nib I’ve went that route instead just in case

#2736 10 months ago

CCR has far fewer moving parts than Weird Al, so in terms of maintenance it should be the least of them.

For our guests, I have installed the middle post and set the outer posts to the top position. They don't need an intense challenge for the CCR titles because making progress throughout the levels is the best part of playing them.

#2737 10 months ago

Speaking as a customer and third party developer/manufacturer that has no ties to Multimorphic (outside of the approval process), my experience has been perhaps the opposite.

I would not tie up a tremendous amount of my family's money or my time in a platform that I didn't believe in or that I felt was unmaintainable - that includes forming a manufacturing company and starting production on a game (and all that that entails) without preorder cash.

As someone that ran an in home repair service for a decade servicing some of what are considered the most challenging games to repair quickly and the most complex (bingos), along with every other era and manufacturer of pinball (I have not yet worked on a Stoner or some of the other pure mechanical manufacturers - there were so many!), I don't find the P3 to be difficult to keep running. In fact, it is a lot more simple to work on than any other pinball game I've touched. Most stuff can be pulled from the game with a connector or two and a couple of screws (if that) and worked on away from the machine. Pretty handy.

I understand and empathize with the frustration, and I am sorry you're having issues.

Glass exploding is unfortunately something that can happen to any game with tempered glass and is not a Multimorphic-specific issue. The way tempered glass works - hitting it on the edge or heating up the edge separately from the center in a cold room (say, with your hands) can cause it to explode. It's an interesting problem that didn't occur with plate glass in much older games. But plate glass is far more dangerous when it breaks, so tempered glass is a necessary evil. Cleaning glass is, thankfully, an area where the P3 can help. The modular nature means you can (hopefully) much more easily clean out the broken glass.

If ordering a replacement sheet from a local shop, you'll want to specify 'no bugs' and 'no logos' or there will be a logo embedded somewhere on the sheet and it will become the bane of your existence as it's all you'll see.

My P3 is currently in a small location (my factory space). It is being hammered on with my personal production copy of Drained, and I also use it for testing updates to my other games that utilize other playfield modules. Usually I run the same game in the factory space for people to bash on (outside of QA which I do on weekends - no one plays customer games except for me, play testing - these are my personal games that I put it for others to play) for a few weeks at a time. It's rare that I do much of anything to any module (aside from cleaning).

There are four pinball games there and the P3 receives the most number of plays by far. Couple that with development plays, and the amount of use my P3 receives is far greater than the average homeowner. Heck, developing a game puts a ton of games on a playfield. I've owned my P3 since 2019, bought it piecemeal when that was still an option, and put far less into maintaining it than I do other (older) games that I own.

I'm not super far from you. So I don't think it's a distance thing.

All that to say, again, I wish you weren't having a tough experience, and I hope you turn a corner shortly and start to just be able to play. Of course that would be the expectation, and there's no reason that couldn't be the case.

#2738 10 months ago

Just ordered some new glass from Pinball Life so I don't have to worry about the local place sending the wrong thing. Stuff happens and I don't know that another manufacturers glass wouldn't have exploded in the same way for seemingly no reason. Played a game of Weird Al glass off this morning and still loving it. I'll just wait a few weeks before trying to get CCR fully working to calm down a bit and stop whining for now. I still have some steps get the captive ball fixed from their help desk anyways.

#2739 10 months ago

Just ordered some new glass from Pinball Life so I don't have to worry about the local place sending the wrong thing. Stuff happens and I don't know that another manufacturers glass wouldn't have exploded in the same way for seemingly no reason. Played a game of Weird Al glass off this morning and still loving it. I'll just wait a few weeks before trying to get CCR fully working to calm down a bit and stop whining for now. I still have some steps get the captive ball fixed from their help desk anyways.

I admire your attitude on this. It can get frustrating and even stressful when a game is down, and it gets old when it’s a repeat offender. Nothing wrong with letting off some steam to get the motivation to try again !

#2740 10 months ago

The only thing with p3 glass, is it is bah whats the word, smooth? grinded? on all 4 sides. feels SOOOO good vs normal "stern" glass.

Also, damn that sucks and working on a new game does suck But I've had to fix a few things with my p3. It seems hard/complicated at first then after I'm like..wow that was easier than I thought. My stern foo fighters opto spinner broke and half the game has to come out.. so pissed. as it is also on route so doing that at a bar sucks. The p3 at least has some easy ways to get in and work on things, it is just so different so it may seem hard. I've dove into some things that I was thinking were going to be hours but didn't take too long once I actually dove in...But working on a game sucks when you just want to play instead of fix.

#2741 10 months ago

Yeah; the P3 glass is high quality. Ground round on all 4 sides and low iron component as well. Not "invisaglass" quality but def a class above standard cheap glass.
Too bad you don't drive to TPF'24 ... because Multimorphic has sold glass at that show.

#2742 10 months ago

Me, after playing every add-on game:
"This stupid game is stupid...ok one more game."

It's almost like the games are so simple they shouldn't be good, and I shouldn't like them. But they are good, and I do like them. I like these "stupid, simple games" more on the 50th play than on the 5th. So, yeah. I understand why many pinball enthusiasts take -one- look at a P3 game and passes. It takes more than "one look", despite it looking deceptively simple. And I feel snobby even typing this, but it's important I'm honest with myself!

#2743 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

But they are good, and I do like them.

What's your current favorite add-on game to play?

#2744 10 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

What's your current favorite add-on game to play?

Probably RITR (thanks!). The rest I like similarly, but RITR stands out a bit more. But I've also played it the most, and I have to play the others more to give them a fair chance. The only one I didn't like at all was Flipper Foxtrot.

#2745 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Probably RITR (thanks!)

Haha, I was fishing, and it paid off! Thank you! Very glad you're enjoying the game.

Quoted from arcyallen:

I didn't like at all was Flipper Foxtrot.

Sorry you didn't like Flipper Foxtrot - not every game is for everyone, but thank you for giving it a shot!

#2746 10 months ago

RITR is the favorite here as well. Then Sorcerer's Apprentice when more depth is required... a bit of a grind for newbies but "gamers" really like it.

CCR probably won't make it into the rotation except for special nights playing live with some of y'all.

#2747 10 months ago

Hey All- I’m about 10 months in on P3 but about 10% of the free time I have spent on pinball, and a fraction on P3….so basically I haven’t fully invested in terms of diagnoses. I thoroughly enjoyed weird Al and CCR which worked on delivery and out of the box. I’ve played hours and hours and hours of weird Al, and I’ve played a good amount of CCR/RITR/SA over past month and enjoyed but I still feel like a novice on these games (which I also like because I don’t want to complete every game too quickly). On the flipside, I have a canyon lagoon that I promised my youngest daughter would be amazing and a heist that the family was looking forward to, neither of which remotely worked out of the box. I still have not played either of these games that I have owned 3 to 6 months or more. I spent a few hours trying to correct and I’ll give credit to MM website and videos, as well as the staff. But I never really dug deep because I don’t have that much time to spend and I ended up swapping out to play Weird Al. I’m hopeful that anyone considering buying understands that there is some luck involved, but generally having a company that is super supportive is worth multiples of any other deliverable. So buy MM with confidence would be my recommendation.

Anyway, with that long preamble- I’ve had top 10 experiences with weird Al and CCR, and I just received Lexi today, so my fingers are crossed that this works out of the box.

I have one reoccurring issue that I was speaking to MM about- the top screen display constantly does not work. Initially with MM support we tried many many troubleshooting issues, and the conclusion was that it was the cord- possibly a defect. It works for a little while, but then started acting up again. I’ve since bought multiple different cords from different providers and it seems to randomly work or not work regardless of what I do to either of the inputs.

I will, of course, submit a ticket, but if anybody has an obvious answer, as I am quite confused, then I much appreciate it.

AFD7707E-B92D-4132-87BF-562BAE9E3F4C (resized).jpegAFD7707E-B92D-4132-87BF-562BAE9E3F4C (resized).jpeg
#2748 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hey All- I’m about 10 months in on P3 but about 10% of the free time I have spent on pinball, and a fraction on P3….so basically I haven’t fully invested in terms of diagnoses. I thoroughly enjoyed weird Al and CCR which worked on delivery and out of the box. I’ve played hours and hours and hours of weird Al, and I’ve played a good amount of CCR/RITR/SA over past month and enjoyed but I still feel like a novice on these games (which I also like because I don’t want to complete every game too quickly). On the flipside, I have a canyon lagoon that I promised my youngest daughter would be amazing and a heist that the family was looking forward to, neither of which remotely worked out of the box. I still have not played either of these games that I have owned 3 to 6 months or more. I spent a few hours trying to correct and I’ll give credit to MM website and videos, as well as the staff. But I never really dug deep because I don’t have that much time to spend and I ended up swapping out to play Weird Al. I’m hopeful that anyone considering buying understands that there is some luck involved, but generally having a company that is super supportive is worth multiples of any other deliverable. So buy MM with confidence would be my recommendation.
Anyway, with that long preamble- I’ve had top 10 experiences with weird Al and CCR, and I just received Lexi today, so my fingers are crossed that this works out of the box.
I have one reoccurring issue that I was speaking to MM about- the top screen display constantly does not work. Initially with MM support we tried many many troubleshooting issues, and the conclusion was that it was the cord- possibly a defect. It works for a little while, but then started acting up again. I’ve since bought multiple different cords from different providers and it seems to randomly work or not work regardless of what I do to either of the inputs.
I will, of course, submit a ticket, but if anybody has an obvious answer, as I am quite confused, then I much appreciate it.[quoted image]

Ok- out of the box…plays perfectly. Wow!! I thought this may feel like more of the same but this is completely different from what I’ve seen so far. Game on!

#2749 10 months ago

On your upper display; can you borrow an LCD from your computer and plug it into the same connector as the "Defective" one?
IE to eliminate the P3 Display as defective? IF it doesn't reproduce on a computer LCD - then I'd say the monitor is defective.
If it does reproduce; it's more likely the video card on the P3 motherboard.

Have you checked to make sure the AC power going into the P3 display is rock solid / firmly attached? Check to make sure when the display fails - that the AC voltage that the monitor plug is good with a DVM?

#2750 10 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

On your upper display; can you borrow an LCD from your computer and plug it into the same connector as the "Defective" one?
IE to eliminate the P3 Display as defective? IF it doesn't reproduce on a computer LCD - then I'd say the monitor is defective.
If it does reproduce; it's more likely the video card on the P3 motherboard.
Have you checked to make sure the AC power going into the P3 display is rock solid / firmly attached? Check to make sure when the display fails - that the AC voltage that the monitor plug is good with a DVM?

Thanks for the suggestions. I woke up this morning, powered up and now screen is back on. I have guests coming so not going to mess with it until they leave (the ambience is way better when that screen is actually on!).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bath, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
There are 3,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 72.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.