FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 73.
#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

what is the right way to adjust/lower the flipper?

Step one is pull the flipper module out of the game. Then inspect it, you’ll probably see how to fix the problem.

#2103 1 year ago

Thank you guys!

#2104 1 year ago

Any idea on how to turn the lights down on the upper playfield when playing ROCS? I couldn’t find anything in the ROCs settings.
I have the CCR module and it’s so bright that I’m currently playing blind (but throughly enjoying the cool music).

#2105 1 year ago

Zeroed in on my flipper issue but it’s not explicitly covered in the support docs. Waiting to hear from multimorphic but in the meantime hoping someone else has had the same issue? Looks like a pivot pin came loose and is rubbing up against the plastic. Has anyone has experience disassembling a flipper unit so i can get at this pin?

4BC27E54-FF0E-4021-988D-DB82E4FCE453 (resized).jpeg4BC27E54-FF0E-4021-988D-DB82E4FCE453 (resized).jpeg907F54A2-F141-4924-A72F-AE9B52FF5D68 (resized).jpeg907F54A2-F141-4924-A72F-AE9B52FF5D68 (resized).jpeg
#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Zeroed in on my flipper issue but it’s not explicitly covered in the support docs. Waiting to hear from multimorphic but in the meantime hoping someone else has had the same issue? Looks like a pivot pin came loose and is rubbing up against the plastic. Has anyone has experience disassembling a flipper unit so i can get at this pin?[quoted image][quoted image]

Incredibly easy to remove the flipper mech - there’s a doc on it on the site (and a video I think) but you’re really just lifting the playfield, lowering that big metal cover on the end, disconnect the connectors at the left, and gently sliding out the entire flipper mech. Then if you need to get at that little pin, there’s just a handful of nylon locknuts to get access. Big plumber’s wrench or a couple
Taps with a nail set and you’re done

#2107 1 year ago

My game is scheduled to arrive this Wednesday through ABF carriers. Anyone have experience with them? They picked up my game middle of last week but haven't reached out to schedule shipment. I've sent a few emails but haven't heard back. Typically, with FedEx I will get a text once the game is in their possession to set up delivery.

#2108 1 year ago

Ok so for those Canadians wondering how the shipping process works, I have some info. It's expensive - through no fault of Multimorphic.

They put me in contact with an exporter. Unfortunately that importer cannot release to an individual(yet), only to a business. They are expecting their CRA Auth soon so they WILL be able to deliver to an individual soon. Their cost breakdown for shipping to Ottawa, insurance(full value) and brokerage fees was as follows:
- Shipping: $725.00
- Liftgate: $ 55.00
- Residential: $ 75.00
- Insurance: $250.00 (based on $13300USD value)
- Handling: $ 95.00
- Customs: $135.00
- Duty/tax: at cost
TOTAL: $1335USD (plus GST on machine value at my end)

I ended up having to use another exporter that teams up with a Canadian broker. Their cost is $1625USD (plus GST at my end). I don't have the cost breakdown yet. They are picking up the game tomorrow at MM. They expect it will take a week to get it to me.

All of these exporters/brokers only deal with commercial/industrial stuff so payment has to be wire or bank transfer (US bank to US bank). Kinda sucks. The Canadian broker does accept EMT (for GST payment) so that's good.

I did consider having it shipped to near the border and driving across to pick it up but I am not comfortable hauling my big ass trailer that far in winter driving conditions. Also you can't just bring it across the border. At that range of value you need a broker. I know lots of folks have connections for that but I do not. Maybe I will do that for modules (pick up south of the border) but the full machine I just didn't feel comfortable with the process.

Posting only so that others may find alternate solutions or at least be aware of what's ahead if you go the same route as I did.

#2109 1 year ago

I really feel for pinheads that don’t live in the USA,Dam I give you guys a lot of props for your determination.

#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

My game is scheduled to arrive this Wednesday through ABF carriers. Anyone have experience with them? They picked up my game middle of last week but haven't reached out to schedule shipment. I've sent a few emails but haven't heard back. Typically, with FedEx I will get a text once the game is in their possession to set up delivery.

I've had shipments from ABF, my local depot calls a day or so after they have received the shipment. You can track the shipment online. And in the past I have found calling the local depot works best for communications.

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

My game is scheduled to arrive this Wednesday through ABF carriers. Anyone have experience with them?

My experience with the ABF out of Oswego, IL (near Aurora) was great. They communicated well and when it arrived the P3 box looked perfect.

#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

My experience with the ABF out of Oswego, IL (near Aurora) was great. They communicated well and when it arrived the P3 box looked perfect.

They picked it up last Wednesday and haven’t reached out at all. I’ve sent a few emails and nothing. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. Not a normal experience for me.

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Looks like a pivot pin came loose and is rubbing up against the plastic. Has anyone has experience disassembling a flipper unit so i can get at this pin?

If you have a small C clamp you can remove the flipper from the plastic so you get enough clearance to fit the clamp over that pin. I have a small arbor press I used to install those pins. https://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&id1=9&startat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=9&--SECTIONSword=ww
Can't see from the photos exactly what to disconnect to get the flipper bat away from the plastic.
Channel lock pliers would get the job done if you're careful but they wouldn't be my first choice.

#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:They picked it up last Wednesday and haven’t reached out at all. I’ve sent a few emails and nothing. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. Not a normal experience for me.

Hopefully you got your machine today? Or at least more info on it. They were great for me so best of luck to you.

#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Hopefully you got your machine today? Or at least more info on it. They were great for me so best of luck to you.

I didn’t. I called and they stated they had left me a message the day before. I never received a message from them and had sent three separate emails. Talked to Jasmine and it’s now coming Thursday. Fingers crossed!

#2116 1 year ago

Hoping mine gets picked up by the shipper tomorrow

#2117 1 year ago

Does anyone have any thoughts/insight into the P3 Codename Carbon teaser?
(See thisweekinpinball.com.)

Not a lot to go on. Might be a TNA sequel...

- Mark

#2118 1 year ago

Hey all I’ve never seen or played a Multimorphic game they’re just not on location.

I wanted to ask if they feel like real pinball machines or not and why or what feels different about them.

Also is there any consensus as to what are the best titles so far.

Thanks.

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey all I’ve never seen or played a Multimorphic game they’re just not on location.
I wanted to ask if they feel like real pinball machines or not and why or what feels different about them.
Thanks.

All the P3 tables feel like real pinball... because they *are* real pinball tables.

My top 3 P3 tables are Heist, Weird Al and Lexi.

- Mark

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Does anyone have any thoughts/insight into the P3 Codename Carbon teaser?
(See thisweekinpinball.com.)
Not a lot to go on. Might be a TNA sequel...
- Mark

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/4#post-7416547

#2121 1 year ago

Drained, Heist and CCR are my current top 3, for the huge variety in add-on games available to play, and game/shot feel (disclaimer: I designed Drained and my company - well, also me - builds it and sells it.).

Yes, this is real pinball. I am making playfields every day - be a lot easier if it wasn't! The difference is that the lower portion of the playfield is completely dynamic, and the ball can interact with items on that lower portion. So imagine a monster that jumps out and grabs the insert out of the playfield, but the ball hits the monster and forces it to drop the insert. Something completely impossible on a traditional machine, but the P3 can do so easily.

The biggest improvement over traditional pinball is the ability to communicate much more effectively. Having a persistent score display right under your flippers is so powerful - and having that dynamic canvas to paint instructions over - it all works together to tell the player what they need to do. I have a harder time figuring out other games because of that lack of communication.

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks.

Have Weird Al- Love it. It absolutely feels like real pinball. If anything I feel that the potential gimmicks that can be done on this platform are underutilized.
I only have Weird Al but have Heist and CCR on order.
As far as taste goes:
Weird Al- If you like Classic Bally/Williams games. Rules wise and feel, this feels and plays like a WPC game… with more toyrs.
Heist- If you like modern Sterns. It is a deep game
CCR/Sorcerers Apprentice/RitR- Never played, but looks to appeal more to an early solid state fan
Lexy- Can’t judge
Canoon Lagoon- Great if you like mini-games. The Pitch and bat available here looks neat.
The only thing on the P3 that doesn’t feel like real pinball to me are the downloadable mini-games. I’ve only tried them at shows, but they did not feel like real pinball and feel like gimmicks. That could be a good changeup from traditional pinball.
Don’t forget the real advantage to this is to be able to play different games on a single machine. Swapping modules isn’t bad (maybe 10 minutes the first time you do it, 3 minutes after that… I’ve practiced to see). 1 Weird Al at 11k is an okay deal, but Weird Al, Heist, Cosmic Cart Racing, Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and Ranger in the Ruins for 17kish is not bad at all. Also… with Danesi dropping another game I can have it show up in the mail for half the price of a Stern Pro now.
Also… thanks for the Simpsons Pinball Party. I Miss it!

#2123 1 year ago

The mini-games are a really interesting experience (again, speaking as someone that's developed several), and are real pinball to me.

Ranger In The Ruins (CCR) is all about speed. Internet connectivity, lots of different (optional) items to discover, and non-stop pinball action.
Silver Falls (Heist) is a laid back(?) pinball experience, but there are moments of extreme tension.
Flipper Foxtrot (Cannon Lagoon) is the least like a traditional pinball experience, but rhythm action games are very appealing to me, and this one has some unique rules.

Each of the above games is $150, and completely change the gameplay of the existing playfield.

A plug for Quest For Glory (a homebrew) - it is by far the deepest pinball game ever created. It's so deep that a core concept is saving and resuming your session later to continue a single lengthy narrative.

Everyone likes different things, but the beauty of the P3 is that there are lots of options that cater to many tastes. And those options expand frequently, with lots more to come.

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The only thing on the P3 that doesn’t feel like real pinball to me are the downloadable mini-games. I’ve only tried them at shows, but they did not feel like real pinball and feel like gimmicks.

The mini games are great. It's the feel of pinball but yet its a video game. ROCs and Shoot N Scoop are addicting and very popular during pinball league (for a change of pace). I just ordered Barnyard 5 min ago because "why not?" LOL

#2125 1 year ago

ROCs is super addictive. It is definitely different but very fun. Doesn’t really feel like pinball, but not really video game feeling either. But it keeps me coming back for more. I wouldn’t buy a 10k dedicated machine just for it, but as a super cheap extra, money well spent.

I go back and forth on Shoot n Scoot. I wish they would offer a one game trial download, lol. But I will likely spring for it at some point.

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

The mini-games are a really interesting experience (again, speaking as someone that's developed several), and are real pinball to me.
Ranger In The Ruins (CCR) is all about speed. Internet connectivity, lots of different (optional) items to discover, and non-stop pinball action.
Silver Falls (Heist) is a laid back(?) pinball experience, but there are moments of extreme tension.
Flipper Foxtrot (Cannon Lagoon) is the least like a traditional pinball experience, but rhythm action games are very appealing to me, and this one has some unique rules.
Each of the above games is $150, and completely change the gameplay of the existing playfield.
A plug for Quest For Glory (a homebrew) - it is by far the deepest pinball game ever created. It's so deep that a core concept is saving and resuming your session later to continue a single lengthy narrative.
Everyone likes different things, but the beauty of the P3 is that there are lots of options that cater to many tastes. And those options expand frequently, with lots more to come.

+1 for Ranger in the Ruins. Its the best bang for your buck in the P3 catalog. So simple, yet so fun trying to get all the items. I love getting the lighter and the radio. The poison apple..not so much.
And P3 owners shouldn't sleep on Drained. Its just as addictive with great music and callouts and the different strategies to battle all the vampires.
I bet someone winds up developing another game for the Drained module.

#2127 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

+1 for Ranger in the Ruins. Its the best bang for your buck in the P3 catalog. So simple, yet so fun trying to get all the items. I love getting the lighter and the radio. The poison apple..not so much.
And P3 owners shouldn't sleep on Drained. Its just as addictive with great music and callouts and the different strategies to battle all the vampires.
I bet someone winds up developing another game for the Drained module.

Dude I am trying to get Drained next!

#2128 1 year ago

So a few months ago, I officially got in line for another base P3. Am I crazy for having 2 base units? Nah.

Fun fact: you can store 3 modules in every base unit that you have, 2 underneath, and 1 in it!

--Scott

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

So a few months ago, I officially got in line for another base P3. Am I crazy for having 2 base units? Nah.
Fun fact: you can store 3 modules in every base unit that you have, 2 underneath, and 1 in it!
--Scott

Holy crapolla... Head to Head play on Danesi's new module? Rumor started.

#2130 1 year ago

Ha, me too!

#2131 1 year ago

Holy crapolla... Head to Head play on the new Drained module possible? Rumor started.

#2132 1 year ago

"Deep thoughts, by Max Badazz"

{read below in a soft mellow voice}
"Question on storing the modules ...... they all ship in a box that we can store them in, however what do we use to store the module that we bought with the core P3 cabinet? Are the boxes "generic" that any module can go in or do they have special form fitting foam? Reason I ask is how would I store Weird Al when I throw Heist or another module into P3 if the boxes are specific to the modules they came in?"

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

"Question on storing the modules ...... they all ship in a box that we can store them in, however what do we use to store the module that we bought with the core P3 cabinet? Are the boxes "generic" that any module can go in or do they have special form fitting foam? Reason I ask is how would I store Weird Al when I throw Heist or another module into P3 if the boxes are specific to the modules they came in?"

Check the key posts - I have built three carts that I use to shift modules around my gameroom.

#2134 1 year ago

Check the key posts - I have built three carts that I use to shift modules around my gameroom.

I like Max_Badazz request. Can we get a Weird Al module box/packaging? I appreciate that I could build a solution but would prefer a closed box with foam more.

I have a Weird Al full P3 and a heist shipping (hopefully) soon. I wonder if they could ship the modules in separate boxes and the P3 empty?

#2135 1 year ago

I am constantly swapping my modules into all the different boxes. They are all compatible.
--Scott

#2136 1 year ago

--Scott

I’m also getting another base unit.

#2137 1 year ago

I've been toying with the idea of getting a second base P3 and you two guys just pushed me off the fence.

And technically it will be my 3rd as I was an early adopter of the P3. Sold my first one to a local friend to upgrade with Weird Al.

#2138 1 year ago

Glad i got in line for my base unit a few months ago, before all you double dippers started jumping back in and before the haunted house party 2 tease.

#2139 1 year ago

I am constantly swapping my modules into all the different boxes. They are all compatible.
--Scott

Same. I have a two module cart I built, but for the modules I keep in boxes still I just use whichever one is empty at the time.

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:...the haunted house party 2 tease.

I'm sorry: What did I miss?

- Mark

#2141 1 year ago

Must be for the office?

#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I'm sorry: What did I miss?
- Mark

On pindev, Scott joked that the theme was Haunted House Party 2. No hint there, I'm afraid.

#2143 1 year ago

I'm not in for a second game module... mainly because I have no room and no funds. Hella jealous of you other jerks tho.
Maybe I'll change my toon in the future. Never say never.

Confirmed:

#2144 1 year ago

Heavy??? I almost killed a third of my family unit. I now hate stairs and consider them as a threat to my life… heavy….. this thing was monstrous.

3BE9DE1F-08D8-4FDA-95A1-DAE52BA911E3 (resized).jpeg3BE9DE1F-08D8-4FDA-95A1-DAE52BA911E3 (resized).jpeg

#2145 1 year ago

Beastly sumbitch. The likes of which we have never known before.

But… worth it.

#2146 1 year ago

Just got everything on. Weird Al is locked and says “This app requires the WAMONH module to be installed”.

Any help here?

#2147 1 year ago

With the game off, pull the playfield from under the apron out (typical handhold area) to the first bump. You can rest the bracket on the lockbar receiver in this position.

Look in the back of the module. There are four connectors here. The important one in this instance is a USB cable. It might have backed out slightly.

Unplug that cable and plug it back in, turn the game back on and in the upper left in the launcher it will tell you which module is installed. If it says WAMONH, then you're good to go. If not, then it could be something else and might warrant a trouble ticket.

Hope that helps!

#2148 1 year ago

With the game off, pull the playfield from under the apron out (typical handhold area) to the first bump. You can rest the bracket on the lockbar receiver in this position.
Look in the back of the module. There are four connectors here. The important one in this instance is a USB cable. It might have backed out slightly.
Unplug that cable and plug it back in, turn the game back on and in the upper left in the launcher it will tell you which module is installed. If it says WAMONH, then you're good to go. If not, then it could be something else and might warrant a trouble ticket.
Hope that helps!

Thanks. I found the area and nothing was plugged in. All the cables were disconnected.

#2149 1 year ago

When everything was plugged in (with the power off) and the machine turned on, did it fire up?

#2150 1 year ago

When everything was plugged in (with the power off) and the machine turned on, did it fire up?

It’s on now. It plunged one ball, she locked one and then it was trying to figure a ball indefinitely. It’s not loading balls correctly. I stopped the game as it just continually tried to fire. I’m in diagnostics now but don’t know what to adjust. I did check the tube as instructed before putting in balls.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,999 (OBO)
11,500 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.