BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 73.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I'm thinking getting the system core artwork as the game will be changing out somewhat frequently. Anyone made that choice and happy with it? !

I got the core because I knew I’d be er change the artwork it looks good with ageist and Weird Al.

83D3C847-0335-4583-8C62-CE312431A586 (resized).jpeg83D3C847-0335-4583-8C62-CE312431A586 (resized).jpegA1F48114-3E96-4108-9016-7C0BFA10BECA (resized).jpegA1F48114-3E96-4108-9016-7C0BFA10BECA (resized).jpeg
#2002 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I got the core because I knew I’d be er change the artwork it looks good with ageist and Weird Al. [quoted image][quoted image]

I originally bought Lexy and Heist artwork but when ordering Weird Al decided to just switch to the core. It looks great and just feels like the right fit for a multi-game machine. I’ll still order the game specific apron magnet and plastics.

#2003 1 year ago

I'm thinking getting the system core artwork as the game will be changing out somewhat frequently. Anyone made that choice and happy with it?

I have the original "Generic P3 Artwork", which is more subtle than the "P3 Machine Artwork (System Core)".

While "subtle" and Pinball don't usually go together, in this case it works.

It's still available, check it out before making your call...

- Mark

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I originally bought Lexy and Heist artwork but when ordering Weird Al decided to just switch to the core. It looks great and just feels like the right fit for a multi-game machine. I’ll still order the game specific apron magnet and plastics.

I didn't think about the apron magnets. I might just order the magnets for Heist and Weird Al. The others don't seem very important. What game specific plastics are you referring to? I don't see anything in the store for game plastics.

#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I have the original "Generic P3 Artwork", which is more subtle than the "P3 Machine Artwork (System Core)".
While "subtle" and Pinball don't usually go together, in this case it works.
It's still available, check it out before making your call...
- Mark

Any chance you or anyone who has the original generic cabinet artwork, could you post a few cabinet pics? I see them on the MM site but not on a cabinet.

I’m in the same boat, have a P3 Weird Al standard and other modules coming soon and also thought about just using either the generic or the updated System Core. While I do like the artwork for the modules, I too would probably be switching them out regularly and my OCD would want to change the artwork every time as well as not sure where I’d store all the artwork.

Thanks

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Any chance you or anyone who has the original generic cabinet artwork, could you post a few cabinet pics? I see them on the MM site but not on a cabinet.
I’m in the same boat, have a P3 Weird Al standard and other modules coming soon and also thought about just using either the generic or the updated System Core. While I do like the artwork for the modules, I too would probably be switching them out regularly and my OCD would want to change the artwork every time as well as not sure where I’d store all the artwork.
Thanks

Here you go.

Please ignore the screw holes bordering the artwork. I removed my Artwork Protectors to get good pics.

- Mark

20230125_131634 (resized).jpg20230125_131634 (resized).jpg20230125_132328 (resized).jpg20230125_132328 (resized).jpg20230125_132137 (resized).jpg20230125_132137 (resized).jpg
#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Here you go.
Please ignore the screw holes bordering the artwork. I removed my Artwork Protectors to get good pics.
- Mark[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!!!

#2008 1 year ago

I didn't think about the apron magnets. I might just order the magnets for Heist and Weird Al. The others don't seem very important. What game specific plastics are you referring to? I don't see anything in the store for game plastics.

You can find them in the artwork section of the Multimorphic Store for each game.

3DE527FB-AC13-4813-9D48-A2F3CECAB154 (resized).png3DE527FB-AC13-4813-9D48-A2F3CECAB154 (resized).png
#2009 1 year ago

Are there slingshots and side target covers for System core or the generic sets? I don’t see them in the art packages in the Multimorphic store. Thanks.

#2010 1 year ago

Currently there is not an option for side target and slingshot covers for generic/system core artwork, but there might be in the future.

#2011 1 year ago

Thank you, TJ.

#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Are there slingshots and side target covers for System core or the generic sets? I don’t see them in the art packages in the Multimorphic store. Thanks.

That's what I was referring to. Are there seperate

Quoted from tjw998:

Currently there is not an option for side target and slingshot covers for generic/system core artwork, but there might be in the future.

I'm not sure how important that is right now (for me), but it does make me second guess my core artwork. I never stopped to think about the game instructions being on the apron or sling and plastic art. It'd be nice to have cutouts on the Core artwork so you simply add the game instructions to the existing apron. Food for thought!

#2013 1 year ago

That's what I was referring to. Are there seperate

I'm not sure how important that is right now (for me), but it does make me second guess my core artwork. I never stopped to think about the game instructions being on the apron or sling and plastic art. It'd be nice to have cutouts on the Core artwork so you simply add the game instructions to the existing apron. Food for thought!

I buy game specific artwork for everything that can be seen while playing: Translight, Apron and Plastics.

Of course, you don't need the translight, as you have the back box display.

Also, I'm too lazy to swap the plastics. I have those more as collectables.

- Mark

#2014 1 year ago

BTW: I think Gerry was serious when he told me that I was the only one buying new modules who has not upgraded to have a back box display.

I have become "that guy".

If Multimorphic releases a game without a collectable Translight for the limited edition crowd: Either they may have a print run of 1, or I will be SOL.

- Mark

P.S. I guess my default pinside backbox icon is more appropriate than I imagined...

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from tjw998:

TJ: Are the "city" slingshot plastics that originally came with the P3 considered "generic" or "Lexy"?

- Mark

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:BTW: I think Gerry was serious when he told me that I was the only one buying new modules who has not upgraded to have a back box display.
I have become "that guy".
If Multimorphic releases a game without a collectable Translight for the limited edition crowd: Either they may have a print run of 1, or I will be SOL.
- Mark
P.S. I guess my default pinside backbox icon is more appropriate than I imagined...

There is at least ONE more out there lol!

#2017 1 year ago

not sure how important that is right now (for me), but it does make me second guess my core artwork. I never stopped to think about the game instructions being on the apron or sling and plastic art. It'd be nice to have cutouts on the Core artwork so you simply add the game instructions to the existing apron. Food for thought!

Honestly; I put Lexy art on my game back when I first got it. I've run all that art on my game since day one.
When I got AL; It was the first time I had sling or side art... I went ahead and put that art on my game; but still run Lexy on the sides/heads.
Eventually; I might get the Core art work... but Not rush here because I play games... not art.

Quoted from Shaker:

BTW: I think Gerry was serious when he told me that I was the only one buying new modules who has not upgraded to have a back box display.

Probably true.
I was an early adopter and got the BB display soon after it was available. For me translites (unless special, signed) aren't critical.
TBH; really, I bought an LE because I like to support Multimorphic financially... Assume I get over this layoff problem; I'll be right there in day one for LE versions of the next two games when they are annouced.

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There is at least ONE more out there lol!

Good to know that I'm not alone!

- Mark

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Assume I get over this layoff problem; I'll be right there in day one for LE versions of the next two games when they are annouced.

Good look finding a better gig.

I'm trying not to be "got to have them all" person for the P3.

No back box display, no LEs, no game specific side art, no mini-games. I would rather put the money towards the next play field module.

While I expect to pickup both of next year's play field modules, it's not 100% guaranteed.

I haven't bought Cannon Lagoon or Drained, because I *think* they are not my kind of games. But dang, I wish I could try them out, so I would know for sure.

- Mark

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

No back box display, no LEs, no game specific side art, no mini-games. I would rather put the money towards the next play field module.
While I expect to pickup both of next year's play field modules, it's not 100% guaranteed.
I haven't bought Cannon Lagoon or Drained, because I *think* they are not my kind of games. But dang, I wish I could try them out, so I would know for sure.
- Mark

How do you like Lexi? Is that one a keeper?

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

- Mark

You should get Rangers in the Ruin if you have the CCR module. That’s the best bang for your buck.

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How do you like Lexi? Is that one a keeper?

Lexi is definitely a keeper. The more I play it, the more I like it.

My P3 Top 3 are:
1) Heist
2) Weird Al
3) Lexi

- Mark

#2023 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You should get Rangers in the Ruin if you have the CCR module. That’s the best bang for your buck.

I would have liked to try Rangers in the Ruin, but I sold my CCR module before it was announced.

I had heard a rumor that the next module would going to be released soon, and I wanted to raise some cash for it. The rumor turned out to be a year off.

- Mark

#2024 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Lexi is definitely a keeper. The more I play it, the more I like it.
My P3 Top 3 are:
1) Heist
2) Weird Al
3) Lexi
- Mark

Nice! Once lead time drops I will get a Lexi. I have cannon and wierd Al coming in February. Super excited for them but heist is my main game. Tons of fun!

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

but I sold my CCR module before it was announced.

Dang, I wish I had my game when you did. I would have bought that off you for sure! Hopefully they announce a new one soon

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Are the "city" slingshot plastics that originally came with the P3 considered "generic" or "Lexy"?

Heist standalone playfield has shiped and continues to ship with the 'city' looking slingshot plastics (buildings on the left and helicopter on the right). I believe that if someone purchased a new P3 with the Heist artwork package selected, then it would have the newer blue police officer slingshots and the side target covers installed (which is the optional upgrade kit for existing customers).

Each P3 has shipped with original Lexy Lightspeed slingshot covers in one of the goodie bags (they are gray with a rocket and a gear I think). These are the most 'generic' of all of our current slingshot offerings.

#2027 1 year ago

Any rumors on upcoming releases? It seemed like Weird Al had some premature buzz about it, but don't know if that was just a lucky guess.

What's next for P3? Has Gerry expressed any dream themes for this company?

#2028 1 year ago

Any rumors on upcoming releases? It seemed like Weird Al had some premature buzz about it, but don't know if that was just a lucky guess.

Weird Al was a total secret until it was officially announced - I forget how long before they actually started shipping, but no one knew anything until Multimorphic announced it. There are/were supposed to be several new games announced soon, but I don’t think a timeline has been confirmed

#2029 1 year ago

Has Gerry expressed any dream themes for this company?

I think Gerry is a huge Fuzzy Pumper Barber Shop fan, that's probably high on his wish list.

#2030 1 year ago

I don't know this, but I strongly suspect the next Multimorphic game will be unlicensed.

#2031 1 year ago

I doubt the next title is unlicensed.
Once you go licensed with the afore mentioned orders... You don't go back.

I'm sure there will be unlicensed titles at some point... But not the next title

#2032 1 year ago

I'm hoping Weird Al was the beginning of some licensed themes. Don't get me wrong, I think Heist is incredible and would love to see more from the team behind it, but grabbing a nice 80's film license could set the p3 on fire.

Only downside being new machines are already a year out, what would happen if Multimorphic got the "Goonies" or "Big Trouble in Little China"...It would bring over a ton of new users..

#2033 1 year ago

While I love a good original game and have a cache of EM’s, I can’t deny the power of a good license.

Licensed IP is an instant red carpet to profits. It does all the work of getting your customers engaged from the first moment they see the game.

People love Weird Al. If they see a Weird Al machine, that love is instantly transferred to the machine. Powerful engagement from the first second.

Agree lots of properties out there which haven’t been mined yet!

#2034 1 year ago

Personally I’d love to see a Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers)… but Americans might have aged out by now.

#2035 1 year ago

Also a lot of 1-of 80's movies with huge followings out there. Not sure they'd turn into a great pinball game but with the digital pf on a P3 it certainly opens up options. Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Little shop of Horrors, Space Balls, etc.

Save planet Druidia! Make the shot to switch Mega-Maid from suck to blow!!

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Also a lot of 1-of 80's movies with huge followings out there. Not sure they'd turn into a great pinball game but with the digital pf on a P3 it certainly opens up options. Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Little shop of Horrors, Space Balls, etc.
Save planet Druidia! Make the shot to switch Mega-Maid from suck to blow!!

I'm working on Labryrinth now for my homebrew...anything Jim Henson could be incredible.

So many great movies to chose from in that time period. Hopefully we start getting hints of what is coming next soon.

#2037 1 year ago

If there’s any truth to all the rumors for the next games from AP, JJP and Stern’s next 4 cornerstones, here’s hoping Gerry and the MM team got the license for MOTU 80’s version (a guy can hope).

#2038 1 year ago

Didn’t MM/Gerry already announce that there would be 2 releases in 2023, one licensed, one original? That puts the odds at 50-50. A production backlog of c. 12 months argues for releasing original theme first. Following classic pinball motifs we’ve seen SciFi (LL), Racing (CCR), Outlaws/Beating the System (Heist) & Redemption (CL). So maybe a sport (football or billiards) or carnival/amusement park theme next.

Licensed themes sell but they’re ephemeral and become dated quickly. Great if you’re a manufacturer that caters to enthusiasts who churn machines, but for a platform premised on enduring appeal, licenses need to be selected with more care. Weird Al was a great choice because his career spans decades and his irreverent humor lends itself well to animations which is one of the P3’s (many) glaring advantages over its competitors.

For licenses, cartoon animations look stunning on the P3. If Igloo coolers can license the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine maybe the cost is not prohibitive. Phineas & Ferb would translate well artistically, Professor Doofenschmirtz’ -inator contraptions would give TJ a lot of mechanical engineering choices and Candace’s efforts to bust Phinease & Ferb would be perfect for hurry ups.

Tl;dr Can’t wait to see what the MM team comes up with next!

#2039 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Gerry already announce that there would be 2 releases in 2023, one licensed, one original? T

I remember him saying two titles... but don't specifically remember him stating a 50/50 split.
" The Company plans to release two new full-featured P3 modules in 2023.
" -- https://www.knapparcade.org/post/multimorphic-pinball-plans-to-release-two-new-games-in-2023

Google didn't elaborate during my searches.
I'm mean it's certainly POSSIBLE that the next title will be original... but I'm leaning toward no.
I'd also say that March is coming soon enough... but; haven't heard any rumors about an announcement by then.
I'd think they'd be head down with the new baby and the backlog - but would love to be surprised.

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from tjw998:

Heist standalone playfield has shiped and continues to ship with the 'city' looking slingshot plastics (buildings on the left and helicopter on the right). I believe that if someone purchased a new P3 with the Heist artwork package selected, then it would have the newer blue police officer slingshots and the side target covers installed (which is the optional upgrade kit for existing customers).
Each P3 has shipped with original Lexy Lightspeed slingshot covers in one of the goodie bags (they are gray with a rocket and a gear I think). These are the most 'generic' of all of our current slingshot offerings.

I see what I did: When I got Heist I swapped out the Lexi Slingshot Plastics for the ones from Heist, then forgot about it. A second much more colorful Heist Plastics was released later...

#2041 1 year ago

I'm hoping Weird Al was the beginning of some licensed themes. Don't get me wrong, I think Heist is incredible and would love to see more from the team behind it, but grabbing a nice 80's film license could set the p3 on fire.
Only downside being new machines are already a year out, what would happen if Multimorphic got the "Goonies" or "Big Trouble in Little China"...It would bring over a ton of new users..

Older licenses have a few downsides: Many have a limited production time, and limited assets. (Mr. Y's participation in making all those new quotes really help's make WAM an awesome game.) Also, with any license, you are gonna have some haters.

What would you guys do if Multimorphic releases a really good playfield module with a theme that you *hate*???

Suck it up and buy it, or wait for the next next module?

- Mark

#2042 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Older licenses have a few downsides: Many have a limited production time, and limited assets. (Mr. Y's participation in making all those new quotes really help's make WAM an awesome game.) Also, with any license, you are gonna have some haters.
What would you guys do if Multimorphic releases a really good playfield module with a theme that you *hate*???
- Mark

Wait till the next module. The long term health of the platform is totally reliant on having as many P3s out there as possible. Weird Al proves that licensed games sell P3s. Once someone has a p3, they will buy unlicensed modules.

I’m hoping for a high visibility movie or TV license next.

#2043 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

- Mark

Theme I *hate* I'd pass. I've been in "buy everything they make mode" but I think I'm over that too.

I was not excited when I heard the Weird Al theme, but jumped in anyway because the playfield looked packed (and I had every other playfield to date).

Unfortunately my instincts were right, I'm just not connecting with the theme and the gameplay hasn't been enough to overcome that for me. It's the first time I've ever thought of selling one of the P3 modules, and I've been on the system since the VERY beginning.

I'm not a theme whore either - example: I have Stranger Things even though I don't like the show. That game is AWESOME. I have Iron Maiden even though I kinda hate their music. That game is AWESOME. For some reason, beyond my ambivalence for Al, I'm just not feeling the new game.

For what it's worth, my ranking of the "main" games is:

Heist
Lexy

Socerer's Apprentice

CCR

Weird Al

Cannon Lagoon

I'm holding onto Weird Al hoping they pull a Sorcerer's Apprentice and put a second major game on the playfield. If I knew for sure they weren't ever going to do that, I'd probably look to unload Al.

I'm really hoping for something darker and adult themed. EVERYTHING from Multimorphic has been exceedingly family-friendly. It's time to cater to a different crowd. I'd lose my shit for the Matrix on the P3. I know that's too big of a license, but that playfield screen makes P3 the perfect platform for something epic like that.

All that said, I'm eager to see the 2 new titles this year, and I hope I want both. But I'm probably done buying no matter what.

#2044 1 year ago

Just having some therioterical fun, here are my votes for the theme's mentioned above:

Yes, Please!:
Princess Bride
Little Shop of Horrors (Not the original. The Musical directed by Frank Oz.)
Big Trouble in Little China

Meh.:
Labyrinth
Space Balls (I loved both Young Frankenstein and Blazzing Saddles, but buy the time Space Balls rolled around, I was like: I used to find this stuff funny?)
Beatles’ Yellow Submarine (I'm just not that cheerful...)
Phineas & Ferb (Never see it...)

F', NO!:
Goonies (Sorry.)

What are your votes or dream themes?

- Mark

#2045 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Just having some therioterical fun, here are my votes for the theme's mentioned above:
Yes, Please!:
Princess Bride
Little Shop of Horrors (Not the original. The Musical directed by Frank Oz.)
Big Trouble in Little China
Meh.:
Labyrinth
Space Balls (I loved both Young Frankenstein and Blazzing Saddles, but buy the time Space Balls rolled around, I was like: I used to find this stuff funny?)
Beatles’ Yellow Submarine (I'm just not that cheerful...)
Phineas & Ferb (Never see it...)
F', NO!:
Goonies (Sorry.)
What are your votes or dream themes?
- Mark

Oof. To each their own. These would all be hard passes for me.

That said, I'm not jazzed about any of the rumored themes from the major players either.

Venom - Foo Fighters - Godfather... LOL

#2046 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Theme I *hate* I'd pass. I've been in "buy everything they make mode" but I think I'm over that too.
I was not excited when I heard the Weird Al theme, but jumped in anyway because the playfield looked packed (and I had every other playfield to date).
Unfortunately my instincts were right, I'm just not connecting with the theme and the gameplay hasn't been enough to overcome that for me. But I'm probably done buying no matter what.

Your feelings about WAM are similar to mine about CCR.

I sold CCR to raise $ for the next playfield (which turned out to be WAM), and I'm happy with the upgrade!

If you are going to sell WAM, do it now. Perhaps someone will pay retail to avoid the waiting list.

- Mark

#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Your feelings about WAM are similar to mine about CCR.
I sold CCR to raise $ for the next playfield (which turned out to be WAM), and I'm happy with the upgrade!
If you are going to sell WAM, do it now. Perhaps someone will pay retail to avoid the waiting list.
- Mark

I think you guys are illustrating pinball in general (not everybody likes every single game), but also one of the major benefits of the P3 platform. You don't like a playfield? Sell it! You're getting the vast majority of your money back (or all of it, since there may be a buyer willing to pay retail to avoid the wait). Overall, as stated above - more owners is better for everyone. I'm not clear on how saying "I'm out" because of one theme makes sense, but I guess it's none of my business.

#2048 1 year ago

Attention Mulitmorphic:

If you need to hire a remote employee to randomly toss out unfounded ideas for games and potential themes...Look no further...

Themes:
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen- Might be "too obscure" but in some ways one of the best stories ever told in that time period
Monster Squad- No explanation needed
Dark Crystal-
Secret of Nimh
Explorers
Flight of the Navigator
Anything by Studio Ghilbli- Howl's moving castle be an easy first pick for me
Lost Boys
Short Circuit!!!

Adult Themes:

Boondock Saints
Donnie Darko
Pan's Labyrinth
City of Lost Children
Big Trouble*

#2049 1 year ago

I know MM was very tight lipped when Weird Al came out, but didn’t they post some pics\hints beforehand?

We’re getting so many rumors going around from other manufacturers, just hoping they could throw us a little hint or at least a ballpark timeframe when we could get a hint.

#2050 1 year ago

I'm not sure I understand the strategy to announce two new titles this year when they are struggling with the backlog on Weird Al, unless they have plans to greatly expand the manufacturing capability, maybe my moving to a larger factory for example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/41?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.