BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 73.
#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've got 3 modules coming with my P3. Weird Al, Heist, and CCR. I am hands down 100% most excited for Weird Al, but CCR has overtaken Heist as my #2 most excited for. I love early solid state feels and this looks like it has some of that feel in it.

Those are the same 3 I opted for. One of my goals with it is to make my own games, and I have a couple ideas brewing for the Heist module, and would love to design my own module someday too.

#1502 1 year ago

I've been thinking of ordering a P3 the last few months, was trying to find some time to hit the pinball gallery to get some play time in. But with the pending 9/1 price increase, I decided to jump in. Ordered all the modules and sent Sarah the deposit yesterday. It's going to be a 12 month wait, which is fine since my 60th BD is next Oct, it will be perfect timing. Plus the wife can't deny me a BD gift, right?

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I brought my P3 to 2dcon and also tna, among others, but one night, only the p3 and tna were on. TNA was blasting away and I threw on ROC's (weird al pf) for some double Scott Danesi music fun. Pinball dance party!

Do you have Flipper Foxtrot? You could have had TNA music going on both games! That would trip people out ! Haha

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

I've been thinking of ordering a P3 the last few months, was trying to find some time to hit the pinball gallery to get some play time in. But with the pending 9/1 price increase, I decided to jump in. Ordered all the modules and sent Sarah the deposit yesterday. It's going to be a 12 month wait, which is fine since my 60th BD is next Oct, it will be perfect timing. Plus the wife can't deny me a BD gift, right?

Congrats, same boat here and ordered all the modules. Regarding the wife and birthday part, I am 45 and am already on my 55th birthday in terms of “Honey this will be for my next birthday “ LOL.

We’ve been married or rather she’s put up with me for 25 years in October, so I am a very lucky man.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Congrats, same boat here and ordered all the modules. Regarding the wife and birthday part, I am 45 and am already on my 55th birthday in terms of “Honey this will be for my next birthday “ LOL.
We’ve been married or rather she’s put up with me for 25 years in October, so I am a very lucky man.

Glad to see I’m not the only one going “all in” with all 5 modules!!

I hope to have mine for my b’day in March. Was scheduled for Dec but the delays are probably here for some time.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Glad to see I’m not the only one going “all in” with all 5 modules!!
I hope to have mine for my b’day in March. Was scheduled for Dec but the delays are probably here for some time.

Yeah I just couldn’t stand not taking advantage of the lower price before the end of this month. At first I was just gonna get a few and hold off on Cannon and Lexy as I figured I could get Cannon when my 2.5 year old daughter grows up a little more but once they announced the price increase along with always living pitch and bat games (GSR), I figured I might as well and can always tell the wifey “But look at how much I saved” as she uses that when she shops for clothes. Lexy was a pass at first but when I finally took the time to watch more than 10 minutes of gameplay (thanks gammagoat and Kevin), I was hooked, a truly under appreciated game.

Another thing that made me choose Multimorphic was their support and being able to communicate with them directly.

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

I was a second one automatic email order and am 20 minutes from you in Crofton. If I'm lucky, I'll get mine this year. I'll try and remember to give you a heads up when mine actually shows up so you can check it out if you like.

#1508 1 year ago

Does anyone know what the time frame from order to delivery would be like if someone does not need the system (already has it) and is interested in buying modules OTHER than Weird Al or Heist (e.g., CCR, Lexy, and/or CLagoon)?

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Does anyone know what the time frame from order to delivery would be like if someone does not need the system (already has it) and is interested in buying modules OTHER than Weird Al or Heist (e.g., CCR, Lexy, and/or CLagoon)?

Yes, Multimorphic do.

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, Multimorphic do.

I was considering buying a used system and a factor that would help me decide is whether or not other modules were available in a shorter time frame to add to the system as compared to the info I'm seeing about timeframe to order systems along with modules. I don't feel right contacting Multimorphic regarding this, because I don't own the system yet.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

I was considering buying a used system and a factor that would help me decide is whether or not other modules were available in a shorter time frame to add to the system as compared to the info I'm seeing about timeframe to order systems along with modules. I don't feel right contacting Multimorphic regarding this, because I don't own the system yet.

You do you, but they are the only people who know the real answer and if you are contacting them with a sales enquiry i don't understand your reticence.

Hope my customers don't feel that way.

Hope you have the used system lined up, i wouldn't think it would fall in your lap. Good luck with it all.

#1512 1 year ago

I figured I might as well and can always tell the wifey “But look at how much I saved” as she uses that when she shops for clothes.

I think I married your wife’s long lost sister! Constantly reminded of how much $$ she saves when she spends!

Lexy was a pass at first but when I finally took the time to watch more than 10 minutes of gameplay (thanks gammagoat and Kevin), I was hooked, a truly under appreciated game.

Lexy seems somewhat basic if you’re judging the module mechs, but I’ll tell you it’s a great game. Gets lots of plays in a house that has all the modules. You won’t be disappointed.

Another thing that made me choose Multimorphic was their support and being able to communicate with them directly.

^^THIS^^. Gerry, TJ and the whole P3 team is incredible. Having a little issue with a VUK at the moment and Gerry is personally engaged in helping me resolve the issue. Support from the P3 team has been exceptional in the few times I’ve needed them over the 1.5 years I’ve had my system.

#1513 1 year ago

Anyone know the folded height of a P3? Trying to figure if it will fit in my forester.

#1514 1 year ago

Anyone know the folded height of a P3? Trying to figure if it will fit in my forester.

Is this what you’re looking for?

D1BA635D-AE7D-4279-9714-0907DBB679DA (resized).pngD1BA635D-AE7D-4279-9714-0907DBB679DA (resized).png
#1515 1 year ago

Huge. Lol. Won’t fit in most suvs. The pic Ed-209 posted is mint. Mine is still folded from 2d con so I could verify

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Lexy seems somewhat basic if you’re judging the module mechs

I think the physical eight ball lock on the playfield is pretty amazing.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Huge. Lol. Won’t fit in most suvs. The pic Ed-209 posted is mint. Mine is still folded from 2d con so I could verify

Different pin, different SUV:

The last time I went on a road trip to pick up a pin, I had to remove the head, so everything would fit.

It had way more cables between the head and body than the P3.

Ah, the good old days, when I could hit the road for a mini-adventure.

- Mark

#1518 1 year ago

Can someone mark bingopodcast 's P3 module cart plans as a key post in this thread? I get questions about it semi-regularly and it's a great resource!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/14#post-6182429

#1519 1 year ago

My P3 has arrived. Thanks Sarah and team. Can’t wait to put it together after work. I should get the rest of the play fields soon.

007202B4-ABB3-43E9-9DD0-AAE5D33670AD (resized).jpeg007202B4-ABB3-43E9-9DD0-AAE5D33670AD (resized).jpegE4EBA768-A528-4C0B-ACAF-71A8187B1899 (resized).jpegE4EBA768-A528-4C0B-ACAF-71A8187B1899 (resized).jpeg
#1520 1 year ago

Congrats! Man, that System Core art is pretty sweet. Tempting...

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Congrats! Man, that System Core art is pretty sweet. Tempting...

Thanks. I bought all 5 play fields. So system core seems the most logical. Plus I know I’d be too lazy to swap out artwork when changing play fields.

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. I bought all 5 play fields. So system core seems the most logical. Plus I know I’d be too lazy to swap out artwork when changing play fields.

But... but why wouldn't you want to have the amazing Weird Al artwork on at all times... And that LE Topper. That squeeze box... WOW!

#1523 1 year ago

But... but why wouldn't you want to have the amazing Weird Al artwork on at all times... And that LE Topper. That squeeze box... WOW!

True. I wavered back and forth. Part of me wanted the artwork since it was so nice and colorful. I’ll probably regret it or simply turn around and buy it later.

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:My P3 has arrived. Thanks Sarah and team. Can’t wait to put it together after work. I should get the rest of the play fields soon.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great Mike! When did you order?

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks great Mike! When did you order?

November 6, 2021

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

True. I wavered back and forth. Part of me wanted the artwork since it was so nice and colorful. I’ll probably regret it or simply turn around and buy it later.

I got the standard Weird Al artwork and the system core for everything else. After seeing your pictures I think the System Core works well with Weird Al and I probably didn't need the WA cabinet art.

#1527 1 year ago

Initial observations: (I’m sure you all know but from a new person maybe it will help others.)

1. There should be a minimum height to own the game. I’m 5’7” and struggling to lift the playfield over the sides. Maybe it will come with practice. (I do work out.)
2. The ball was coming out of the trough on the left and bouncing and not close to top flipper. Picture with red lights show I reinserted the playfield with the metal guide behind the flap. I took out the playfield a second time. (Good practice) and lined up the guide correctly as shown in the picture with game off.
3. The leftmost connector under that black box in the back was a pain to take out. I thought I’d break the wires but it finally came out.
4. Using two buttons for the flippers on each side will take getting used to. I like the advantage of the top flipper not getting in the way of shots from the bottom flipper.
5. When I first played a game, the ball went down to the trough and the game went into ball search mode. Took 5 minutes of searching and another ball entered the playfield from the left. I sent it down a hole and it got lost. I took out the playfield for the first time and ensured all connectors in and nothing disconnected. I played a few games and so far so good.
6. As Jvspin says above, the core artwork looks good with Weird Al so I think this will be sufficient.
7. I used light blue pincab leg protectors (I didn’t have black) and they seem to fit well as well.
8. Sitting here listening to attract mode and the subwoofer that comes with it sounds amazing. (My Gameroom is 20’ x 13”.)
9. The upper flippers are lower down then I think and I flip too soon. I’ll get used to the location.
10. The magnet on the right ramp is cool to actually give the ball the speed it need to get all the way up.
11. Now I will start to pay attention to the game and enjoy it.
2DB283B5-8C49-4E1E-B74B-C91B46E63E35 (resized).jpeg2DB283B5-8C49-4E1E-B74B-C91B46E63E35 (resized).jpeg8DD7962F-43C8-4D77-AA4A-4349B33E9FC1 (resized).jpeg8DD7962F-43C8-4D77-AA4A-4349B33E9FC1 (resized).jpegA3D7F266-2F15-4079-A298-6D25A2F66DCE (resized).jpegA3D7F266-2F15-4079-A298-6D25A2F66DCE (resized).jpegBBF9835C-4953-4A96-AAD5-339BD5C325BA (resized).jpegBBF9835C-4953-4A96-AAD5-339BD5C325BA (resized).jpeg

#1528 1 year ago

I had the same issue with on the left side with the module flap being in front rather than behind the side wall. Figured it happened in shipping. Got some practice taking the module out too. Watch the right side when putting the module back in to make sure its flap is also behind the right side wall (ask me how I know ). Oh, and remember to move all the balls to the trough before putting the module back in.
I'm almost 6'4" and was thinking lifting the module over the side rails would be a challenge if I was shorter. A sturdy step stool might be a good idea.
The rear connector get's easier to remove. I use one hand to hold in the tabs and the other to pull the connector.

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Watch the right side when putting the module back in to make sure its flap is also behind the right side wall

Right flap?

#1530 1 year ago

I called it a flap but it's the module's right side rail that needs to slide behind the playfield's right side rail when putting in the module.

#1531 1 year ago

Yes a sturdy step stool is your friend

#1532 1 year ago

I'm 5'6" and find it easier to lift out if you pull the playfield out to the 2nd (?) position. Basically pull it out as you would for the playfield swap and then pull it forward one more time - the playfield will be further forward and slightly easier to get out.

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I’m 6’ and I use a wide stool, just a single step. Folds up and out of the way. Helps prevent scratches!

I saw someone else mention the 2nd
Playfield position - this also helps but just get the stool

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Initial observations: (I’m sure you all know but from a new person maybe it will help others.)
1. There should be a minimum height to own the game. I’m 5’7” and struggling to lift the playfield over the sides. Maybe it will come with practice. (I do work out.)

Quoted from rockrand:

There are at least two things you should do with your P3 without fear of getting shamed:

1) Absolutely tweak the operator settings to make games as fun as can be for your household
2) Use a step stool or platform if necessary to make it easier to swap playfields.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

2. The ball was coming out of the trough on the left and bouncing and not close to top flipper. Picture with red lights show I reinserted the playfield with the metal guide behind the flap. I took out the playfield a second time. (Good practice) and lined up the guide correctly as shown in the picture with game off.

During shipping (machine on its back), gravity is trying to pull the playfield away the mating points (side target rails, latches, etc). Since there purposely isn't much overlap in the rails, the playfield rail can slip behind the side target rail during heavy vibration. It's definitely a good idea to check the seating of the playfield before playing after traveling.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

3. The leftmost connector under that black box in the back was a pain to take out. I thought I’d break the wires but it finally came out.

I think WAMONH has the least space around the playfield connectors of all of our playfields so far. That coupled with the friction of new connectors makes it a little tough the first couple of times.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

8. Sitting here listening to attract mode and the subwoofer that comes with it sounds amazing. (My Gameroom is 20’ x 13”.)

I laugh when people ask if they can turn off the attract mode audio because it's always due to the logo clip taking them by surprise. I *love* that clip! (and yes, there's an operator setting to turn off attract mode audio: Settings -> Audio)

Quoted from mbelofsky:

Enjoy it!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

PXL_20220908_005150966 (resized).jpgPXL_20220908_005150966 (resized).jpg
#1535 1 year ago

I thought my neighbours were trying to annoy me by playing a car revving sound. Took me a week to realize it was CCR attract sound.

#1536 1 year ago

I will definitely buy a stool or such.

I’m thinking about getting a mobile winch. But would something like shown below really work if the playfield needs to be pulled out perpendicular to the slanted playfield. I know, this is probably overkill and will stand on a stool first.

https://www.vestil.com/product.php?FID=272

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I will definitely buy a stool or such.
I’m thinking about getting a mobile winch. But would something like shown below really work if the playfield needs to be pulled out perpendicular to the slanted playfield. I know, this is probably overkill and will stand on a stool first.
https://www.vestil.com/product.php?FID=272

Come on man, don't over think it. Get a step stool for a few bucks and be done with it. I have exactly this one...

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Step-Stool-Lightweight-Bathroom/dp/B014WOXB6O/ref=sxin_15

It makes a huge difference.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Come on man, don't over think it. Get a step stool for a few bucks and be done with it. I have exactly this one...
amazon.com link »
It makes a huge difference.

Of course I will. I’m going to see what Lowes has this afternoon or just get something similar to what you showed through Amazon. Thanks

#1539 1 year ago

Stupid question but I got to ask it. The P3 is a "thick girl"... even thicker than a Gottilieb System 3 when folded. Is it safe to transport the p3 on its side with (or without) the playfield module removed?

Thanks!

#1540 1 year ago

Stupid question but I got to ask it. The P3 is a "thick girl"... even thicker than a Gottilieb System 3 when folded. Is it safe to transport the p3 on its side with (or without) the playfield module removed?
Thanks!

Wow, I have not tried this. Maybe one of the MM guys can weigh in. the guts are pretty substantial, wouldn't be surprised if it would work. but get confirmation!

#1541 1 year ago

Thanks!

I'm not following. By "on its side", you mean basically resting on the side of its head and a button box? Definitely don't do that! I wouldn't suggest it even if you took the head and button boxes off.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

4. Using two buttons for the flippers on each side will take getting used to. I like the advantage of the top flipper not getting in the way of shots from the bottom flipper.
5. When I first played a game, the ball went down to the trough and the game went into ball search mode. Took 5 minutes of searching and another ball entered the playfield from the left. I sent it down a hole and it got lost. I took out the playfield for the first time and ensured all connectors in and nothing disconnected. I played a few games and so far so good.
6. As Jvspin says above, the core artwork looks good with Weird Al so I think this will be sufficient.
7. I used light blue pincab leg protectors (I didn’t have black) and they seem to fit well as well.
9. The upper flippers are lower down then I think and I flip too soon. I’ll get used to the location.
10. The magnet on the right ramp is cool to actually give the ball the speed it need to get all the way up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

HAha dude exact same! 5'7" and I couldn't get it out without standing on a stool. I've since figured it out bet and I can get them out just standing now but yeah Weird Al is very heavy. Glad to know there are at least 3 of these in Indiana now.

#1543 1 year ago

Thanks!

I used an open trailer to transport the game on pallet home, but the game fits in a truck bed of course. When I took the game to a show, I used a uhual enclosed trailer and left it standing up on its butt, strapped to the side. May be worth finding a method of transport so you don't have to tip it on its side.

#1544 1 year ago

Is it safe to transport the p3 on its side with (or without) the playfield module removed?

What situation would this be beneficial?

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What situation would this be beneficial?

Transporting it in a vehicle like this where it wouldn't fit otherwise. Gottilieb system 3s are narrower on their sides when folded.

20220909_180418 (resized).jpg20220909_180418 (resized).jpg
#1546 1 year ago

Transporting it in a vehicle like this where it wouldn't fit otherwise. Gottilieb system 3s are narrower on their sides when folded.
[quoted image]

Had to do that with a Honda Pilot and gottlieb gladiators….

#1547 1 year ago

Question: What size is the top slide-out glass? Standard body?

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Yes, standard size.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The playfield glass is standard. Stock is fully beveled, best feeling glass ever.
If you want the anti glare glass there are mixed reviews on the use because of the lcd screen under the pf

#1550 1 year ago

Waste of money anti glare. you still get reflection from the lexan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,999 (OBO)
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
8,499 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.