AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg
20240125_212102 (resized).jpg
20240125_212050 (resized).jpg
IMG_2174 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 72.
#1451 1 year ago

We are excited to get ours and let the public experience the Multimorphic wonderland at RPM!

Starting with Weird Al base model and will also be adding Cosmic Cart w/Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Of COURSE Ranger in the Ruins too...

#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

So cool, Nic! Thank you!

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

We are excited to get ours and let the public experience the Multimorphic wonderland at RPM!
Starting with Weird Al base model and will also be adding Cosmic Cart w/Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Mine just finished week 3 on location and it is getting a lot of play.

#1454 1 year ago

So one thing I have been curious about- does any one ever sell their used modules? If so what is the second hand market like? I searched a bit and didn't see any marketplace adds.

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

So one thing I have been curious about- does any one ever sell their used modules? If so what is the second hand market like? I searched a bit and didn't see any marketplace adds.

Not sure... but I am a huge fan of temporary trades. I am picking up 3 modules with mine... Weird Al, Heist, and Cosmic Cart. I figure I could do temporary trades for Cannon Lagoon and Lexi if need be. These are small enough to mail (expensively).

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Super rare to see. Usually people are selling the whole machine. But I have seen that MAYBE 5 times ever. I think I have one time seen somebody getting rid of a module - but it's hard to justify selling them really because there's always a chance a new game will be released

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

does any one ever sell their used modules? If so what is the second hand market like?

It's growing but tiny today. Simply not enough P3s in the hands of consumers to be widely available on the used market yet. As time goes by more will be available.

IMO it's a largely a question of numbers produced. Try finding ANY used pin ever made that had low production numbers. The greater the number made the easier it is to find it.

#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not sure... but I am a huge fan of temporary trades. I am picking up 3 modules with mine... Weird Al, Heist, and Cosmic Cart. I figure I could do temporary trades for Cannon Lagoon and Lexi if need be. These are small enough to mail (expensively).

My buddy and I are both getting P3's and have purposefully split which modules we are getting. Between the two of us, we will have them all, and can switch around when we want some more variety.

#1459 1 year ago

Feel stupid for asking but was doing some maintenance and mixed the P3 balls with others on my counter. Trying to remember how many balls go back in the machine and can’t find the answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the help.

#1460 1 year ago

#1461 1 year ago

I can’t figure out how to get the flipper to be together when flipped,I would like to try it?

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I can’t figure out how to get the flipper to be together when flipped,I would like to try it?

Setting under switches.

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Setting under switches.

Ok thanks

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I did. I sold my CCR to partially fund getting Weird Al.

#1465 1 year ago

I am having a blast with weird al ,it’s amazing what they did with diverters ,crazy fun shooting.

#1466 1 year ago

I’ve seen two modules sold on their own on pinside since owning a p3 (about a year). And I’ve bought two used ones from a friend. More owners will mean more sales of modules however the p3 platform is nice to have multiple modules for game value, but some owners may not enjoy the games on that module

#1467 1 year ago

Love P3 concept and happy they are trying to apply license product line with "heavy" mechanical stuff. Perfect marriage and hope this is just the beginning.

Looking around Southern California for a P3 on location to play. I as well am limited on space and this machine could fit the need.

#1468 1 year ago

bought and downloaded ranger in the ruins last night. Played 20 games, and I must have blown a fuse. Because no coils work anymore. Won't feed a ball anywhere or launch balls.

All my PD16 boards have 4 red lights on them (can only find 3).

Anyone know where there is a fuse chart, that shows where they are in the machine? Locations and what they do. Tested all the fuses on the 3 I could find, All test good. (coin door area, behind the ball troth, and in middle of the underside of the main playfield).

Module is pulled out, and can't get any coil to fire in diagnostics.

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bought and downloaded ranger in the ruins last night. Played 20 games, and I must have blown a fuse. Because no coils work anymore. Won't feed a ball anywhere or launch balls.
All my PD16 boards have 4 red lights on them (can only find 3).
Anyone know where there is a fuse chart, that shows where they are in the machine? Locations and what they do. Tested all the fuses on the 3 I could find, All test good. (coin door area, behind the ball troth, and in middle of the underside of the main playfield).
Module is pulled out, and can't get any coil to fire in diagnostics.

They have a page on their support page, see link below, that provides fuse information, but you need to create an account (it’s free):

https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Base_Machine_Assemblies

I took a screenshot also for quick reference, see attached.

P3 Discord is another great resource for help.

Hope this helps.

C855F5F7-B3CD-48E0-BC77-A27C22DBA8E0 (resized).jpegC855F5F7-B3CD-48E0-BC77-A27C22DBA8E0 (resized).jpeg
#1470 1 year ago

I have that chart in my game. Doesn't help if you don't know where they are on the machine. and what does what.

#1471 1 year ago

I don't think it's on an individual board. Because all the coils on the main machine don't work. There has to be a universal fuse that talks to all the other coil boards.

#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have that chart in my game. Doesn't help if you don't know where they are on the machine. and what does what.

Sorry, still waiting on my machine, otherwise I’d take a look and pics.

I’m sure one of the other owners will chime in soon.

#1473 1 year ago

If no coils at all fire, then there may be an issue with power or with the communication between boards. Your P3 is newer than mine, but the power supply in mine is on the bottom board of the cab. I'd put the playfield into service position 1 (resting on the lockbar assembly) with the module removed so that you can observe the power supply when you turn it on.

If it's resetting that might cause the behavior you're seeing. The question would be why?

The boards in question for coils are PD-16.

The other option is that each pd-16 is chained to another for communication purposes, and those are tied back to the P3-ROC under the frame (playfield). Maybe one of those three pin .100 connectors pulled out? Perhaps the 5V feeding the board has a break?

Each bank of each pd-16 is fused, but a failure on one fuse would not prevent other banks from firing.

I'd encourage you to put in a ticket if you haven't yet, as there are multiple possibilities for your issue, and perhaps others I haven't thought of.

Sorry that happened with RITR running! I've not heard any other reports of similar behavior from any other RITR owners.

#1474 1 year ago

Also in answer to your question about locations (well some of it) -

The SW-16s provide switch inputs. Each board provides a maximum of 16. The cabinet SW-16s handle cabinet buttons (and flipper button boxes I believe) and are located on the left wall inside the coin door.

The Frame boards (P3-ROC, PD-16, & SW-16) are mounted underneath the playfield (the entire assembly sans module is called the frame). The P3-ROC serves as the main board. It sends and receives driver commands and switch inputs to LEDs, coils, motors, and from switches.

The Walls and Scoops in my machine are coil driven. That requires a different PD-16 mounted to the front and back of the wall/scoop assembly. The PD-LED drives the lamps for each wall and scoop. On yours, the PD-LED may(?) be the only board as it can drive the new wall and scoop assembly as well as handle the illumination.

The PD-LED is part of the communication chain of the PD-16. So if the walls and scoops will not move in diagnostics, along with all coils dead, it's more likely a communication error. That would stem (most likely in this case) from the P3-ROC. There are two three pin .100 connectors for PD-16. The output might have come unplugged.

The vuk pd-16 handles the launchers. This is mounted to the back of the frame.

Each module can have one or more pd-16 and those details are typically on the back of the module.

As I stated, I have a different (older) P3, so some of this information about locations might not be correct for your P3. I also could be plain wrong in my guess as to the problem. Or a dip switch got flipped on one of the pd-16 or PD-LED boards, but I'd make sure those are correct for your model by contacting support before making any changes. You only want to change those dip switches with the game off.

This all assumes that I understood the problem correctly and no coils at all fire in the diagnostics app. You will want to have a module installed before testing launchers.

Hope that helps a bit with the boardset, and I'm sure support will get you rolling quickly.

#1475 1 year ago

do your PD16's have red or green lights on them?

#1477 1 year ago

well, I think those 3 wire plugs might have did it. I reseated all the plugs on the PD16 on the back of the main playfield, that the VUKs are connected to, and now it seems to see and activate them. So it must have been a communication issue. i'll see how long it goes. I'd still like good documentation on how each board talks to the other, and what each board drives, and what fuses are on each board. Each plug and what it drives as well, with wire configurations. Should be in every manual for every machine. Thanks for the help. We are up and running as of right now.

#1478 1 year ago

I'm also a paper manual kinda person. Don't disagree, however, each pin of each switch input and coil/led output are documented inside the diagnostics application.

As far as communications, each board is documented on the multimorphic site and might be worth a look for more detail. The communications chain is serial (not the inputs/outputs - meaning the actual coil/led drivers are not serial nor are switch inputs), so output from the P3-ROC chains to input on the first sw-16 and first pd-16 or PD-LED. Therefore, one to the next.

Fuses values and what they protect are documented using a combination of that sticker inside the coin door or back of the module and the diagnostics app.

Again, I also like a good manual, but hopefully that helps with baseline understanding.

#1479 1 year ago

helps a little. But i'd like to printout a nice book with more visuals and details of things, without having to try and find it in the software. Just in case the software crashes to the point, where i can't even get to that point. This issue was confusing because all the red LED's were lit on every board. Meaning .. all the voltages were present and correct. Which was confusing. All fuses were good as well. I don't know specifically which connector was the problem, so I can keep an eye on it, if it happens again.

Also, in diagnostics. When doing coil test. The coils don't full fire. They pulse ever so slightly , which at times, is hard to tell they even did anything. I select the coil in the box, and press the launch button. Is there a way to do a stronger pulse when testing?

#1480 1 year ago

I hear you (and agree - for exactly the reason you state). Aside from the P3-ROC, each board has an input and an output for comms. If the coils on pd-16 1 work, for example, but the coils on pd-16 2+ do not, then your problem is likely with the serial output on pd-16 1 or input on pd-16 2.

Regarding your pulse question: that gets into how the software works. In short -- not in that screen (with coils) in diagnostics.

You need to go to either under playfield to test the vuks or playfield module to test specific mechs on a module.

Some items may or may not have tests (such as diverter magnets on Heist), where you'd need to listen for clicks in the coil portion of diagnostics or roll a ball during a pulse.

Generally, if a small pulse works, a longer pulse will as well. That verifies the communications chain as well as the individual wiring to the component. What it doesn't do is verify marginal wiring on the individual component, as I know you know (but for others that may be reading).

#1481 1 year ago

got it. Makes me want to make a very in depth comprehensive guide for everyone, if I understood the system better. And it would have to include, both old and new models.

#1482 1 year ago

I had originally just ordered Heist to pair with my Al, but decided to go (almost) all-in and just put the deposit down for CCR and Lexi too! It will mean another sacrifice from the collection, but it will be worth it. I knew I wanted CCR eventually, especially for SA and RitR. Lexi I had been sleeping on, but watched through Kevin's streams a few times and it won me over. I think Lights Out Multiball is what finally did it, LOL. Kev = bad influence.

I have been a little blah on pinball in general lately, but I am really excited for this machine! Going to be a long couple months yet waiting.

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I had originally just ordered Heist to pair with my Al, but decided to go (almost) all-in and just put the deposit down for CCR and Lexi too! It will mean another sacrifice from the collection, but it will be worth it. I knew I wanted CCR eventually, especially for SA and RitR. Lexi I had been sleeping on, but watched through Kevin's streams a few times and it won me over. I think Lights Out Multiball is what finally did it, LOL. Kev = bad influence.
I have been a little blah on pinball in general lately, but I am really excited for this machine! Going to be a long couple months yet waiting.

I got Lexy last as well, and I really feel like I missed the boat. The theme and art integration (and the crane!) is all there for Heist, but Lexy is really really fun. Kev is a bad influence.

#1484 1 year ago

Lights out multi all is one of the very best and my favorite multi!

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Received my P3 with Weird Al a few weeks ago. Been collecting a long time and had been feeling a little blah too, but the game and sytem have re-energized me a bit. I really like the dynamic nature of the playfield and I think the Weird Al game is something special (this from someone who is not a diehard fan).

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bought and downloaded ranger in the ruins last night

I forgot to say last night: Thank you for your support! I hope you enjoy it.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wanted CCR eventually, especially for SA and RitR.

Aw yeah! (Thank you! I hope you enjoy RITR as well).

Quoted from rockrand:

Lights out multi all is one of the very best and my favorite multi!

It's my favorite as well. I think the very clear goals and excellent audio queues (for a semi-hidden multiball) contribute to the overall neat factor.

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Received my P3 with Weird Al a few weeks ago. Been collecting a long time and had been feeling a little blah too, but the game and sytem have re-energized me a bit. I really like the dynamic nature of the playfield and I think the Weird Al game is something special (this from someone who is not a diehard fan).

I’ll second or third this as perhaps it’s my age, but I tried all the latest and greatest modern pins and while I am NOT saying they are not amazing, they just don’t resonate with me. I looked initially at a P3 and didn’t give it the chance it deserves, but I took the time to watch Kev’s videos as well as gammagoat’s and bingopodcast’s (so if my wife asks, I’m blaming y’all and Gerry LOL) and each game is unique\innovative and in my opinion can easily compete with all the newer games and for me even offer more.

I did the same with Lexy, thought “oh that looks ok, not much to it” because I watched maybe 10 minutes of play, but after watching the entire video, I was hooked so ended up putting a deposit on all the modules so I could get the lower price and discount.

Anyway, looking forward to getting my machine and not trying to come across as a “shill” so to speak but just stating my opinion and experience.

Look forward to being able to play online with y’all.

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I’ll second or third this as perhaps it’s my age, but I tried all the latest and greatest modern pins and while I am NOT saying they are not amazing, they just don’t resonate with me. I looked initially at a P3 and didn’t give it the chance it deserves, but I took the time to watch Kev’s videos as well as gammagoat’s and bingopodcast’s (so if my wife asks, I’m blaming y’all and Gerry LOL) and each game is unique\innovative and in my opinion can easily compete with all the newer games and for me even offer more.
I did the same with Lexy, thought “oh that looks ok, not much to it” because I watched maybe 10 minutes of play, but after watching the entire video, I was hooked so ended up putting a deposit on all the modules so I could get the lower price and discount.
Anyway, looking forward to getting my machine and not trying to come across as a “shill” so to speak but just stating my opinion and experience.
Look forward to being able to play online with y’all.

Nice summary! I’ll second I think the games give a WIIIIIIIIDE range of options; you have your modern type games, but also game similar to 80s SS games and even Nick’s predilection with even older EMs and Bingos. You couldn’t ask for more variety - plus with Al and Heist you’ve got some very “bling! Bling!” games to show off the goods.

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice summary! I’ll second I think the games give a WIIIIIIIIDE range of options; you have your modern type games, but also game similar to 80s SS games and even Nick’s predilection with even older EMs and Bingos. You couldn’t ask for more variety - plus with Al and Heist you’ve got some very “bling! Bling!” games to show off the goods.

Agree 100%. I was thinking, I wonder if operators back in the day were similar when solid state started coming out, being hesitant to change as I know it took Gottlieb a while before they started making non-EM’s and I’ve fallen for the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix” mentality but maybe it’s just me and some others that feel it’s time for something new and innovative while staying true to what makes pinball pinball.

I wish I could help spread the word or at least my experiences and why I chose the P3, so thinking of even starting to stream some pinball when I get mine and being 45, I never got into the whole social media or uploading videos, but feel more people need to know and wanna help anyway I can.

#1490 1 year ago

Taking my P3 to Pinfest Newcastle in a couple weeks. Biggest pinball show in Australia.

#1491 1 year ago

I'm proud to be such a positive inspiration for you all!

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'm proud to be such a positive inspiration for you all!

Don’t worry, when it comes to my pinball hobby\obsession, she’s like Cypher was in the Matrix “Ignorance is bliss” LOL

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Taking my P3 to Pinfest Newcastle in a couple weeks. Biggest pinball show in Australia.

Take a couple of shots, I’d love to see what that looks like

#1494 1 year ago

Sure, it will be on the end of our row, so should come up ok. I'm taking 6 games and there's a few others from our Pinball Team taking games too.

There'll be some games in my collection going that most people in Australia would never have seen, including the P3 and my Sunset Riders.

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

you should really consider CCR first. It's way better than I thought it would be. I thought Weird AL and Heist would get all the attention. But CCR is the only one that's been in the machine since it got here. Having the 3 games for it, be so different, makes it have very good variety, without having to even change a module. CCR, Sorcerers apprentice and Ranger in the ruins, are very different games from each other. Riven was all about sorcerers apprentice for me to order the machine. But Ranger in the ruins, has him wanting "one more game", which no game has done so far. Go figure. That was a last min purchase like 3 days ago, and seems to attract him to play the most. :/

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you should really consider CCR first. It's way better than I thought it would be. I thought Weird AL and Heist would get all the attention. But CCR is the only one that's been in the machine since it got here. Having the 3 games for it, be so different, makes it have very good variety, without having to even change a module.

Call it 4 games if you included ROC's. I love playing ROC's.

Just added CCR yesterday to go with my Weird Al LE. - I think the sale prices end tomorrow. Don't they?

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you should really consider CCR first. It's way better than I thought it would be. I thought Weird AL and Heist would get all the attention. But CCR is the only one that's been in the machine since it got here. Having the 3 games for it, be so different, makes it have very good variety, without having to even change a module. CCR, Sorcerers apprentice and Ranger in the ruins, are very different games from each other. Riven was all about sorcerers apprentice for me to order the machine. But Ranger in the ruins, has him wanting "one more game", which no game has done so far. Go figure. That was a last min purchase like 3 days ago, and seems to attract him to play the most. :/

It’s funny, RITR is easy to understand, and it can be over in a flash, but you always want the “one more game”. It’s a good one to pair with SA. That game pisses me off sometimes but I love that it’s a totally different game to RITR (and CCR). Im not always in the mood for games where you have to be a sniper for every shot so the ability to switch games is very welcome.

#1498 1 year ago

I brought my P3 to 2dcon and also tna, among others, but one night, only the p3 and tna were on. TNA was blasting away and I threw on ROC's (weird al pf) for some double Scott Danesi music fun. Pinball dance party!

#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

CCR is a fantastic module for all the reasons you said. My main reason originally was to get Ranger in the Ruins. It's so addictive and like you said has that one more game thing going on.

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

CCR is a fantastic module for all the reasons you said. My main reason original was to get Ranger on the Ruins. It's so addictive and like you said has that one more game thing going on.

I've got 3 modules coming with my P3. Weird Al, Heist, and CCR. I am hands down 100% most excited for Weird Al, but CCR has overtaken Heist as my #2 most excited for. I love early solid state feels and this looks like it has some of that feel in it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bath, PA
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
There are 3,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 72.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.