FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 73.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My machine is on location and on Wednesday nights we put a lot of our games on FREE PLAY. With the obviously large cost of the P3 I can't really afford to do that with this specific machine so what I decided to do is run the mini games on Wednesday nights. Last night was the first time we tried it and we used Barnyard at $.50 for 90 seconds of animal bashing fun. The reports I got back from the place were that people enjoyed it, next week we are going to give Shoot and Scoot a try.
Personally I'm really enjoying the machine, and the feedback from my casual playing customers has been more positive than I anticipated based on years of feedback towards P3 that it isn't "real pinball" from a lot of the hardcore pinball enthusiasts. It finished the month of July as my 3rd highest earning game trailing the leader by only $3. That was with the P3 only being on location for roughly 5 days of July. I know it is the hot new thing, but even my other hot new things in the past haven't earned that well.
Anyway for any of those looking to put their machine in public I just wanted to share my experience so far. Also for any minor issues I have had the P3/Multimorphic team has been excellent in communication and service. [quoted image]

You are a hero putting that on route for everyone to play! I can't wait to see what feed back is like when you get new modules for everyone to try!

#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You are a hero putting that on route for everyone to play! I can't wait to see what feed back is like when you get new modules for everyone to try!

They were paid in full today so hopefully arrive soonish.

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sounds like the hill you guys have been climbing has the summit in sight! Well well deserved.

Thanks, Rob!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pedal to the metal! Hey, If I fly down to Austin can you guys train me to build my own playfield?

Hah - BYOPW at Multimorphic. Sounds like fun! Finally a good use for an auditorium at a pinball factory!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Thanks, Rob!
Hah - BYOPW at Multimorphic. Sounds like fun! Finally a good use for an auditorium at a pinball factory!

Bring Your Own Power Wheel. Got it.

#1405 1 year ago

For anyone that has built a P3 recently, do you know if there is still a generic speaker panel available? If I own multiple play fields, I would like the cabinet to remain as neutral as possible. I was looking at the multimorphic art packages but they don't seem to cover this topic.

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

For anyone that has built a P3 recently, do you know if there is still a generic speaker panel available? If I own multiple play fields, I would like the cabinet to remain as neutral as possible. I was looking at the multimorphic art packages but they don't seem to cover this topic.

Mine was just before Al and there is no art on the speaker panel.

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mine was just before Al and there is no art on the speaker panel.

That's kind of what I'm talking about. I actually prefer the old model. The new ones that I'm seeing everyone post all have weird Al on the panel. I'm wondering if they created a generic insert for the new illuminated panels.

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

That's kind of what I'm talking about. I actually prefer the old model. The new ones that I'm seeing everyone post all have weird Al on the panel. I'm wondering if they created a generic insert for the new illuminated panels.

Al is the only one on the website that comes with a speaker panel magnet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Surely won't be long till the modders find P3 though.

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Al is the only one on the website that comes with a speaker panel magnet.
[quoted image]
Surely won't be long till the modders find P3 though.

Yup, if that is a magnet then people will make some new covers I bet, or mm

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

do you know if there is still a generic speaker panel available?

I think the panel is intended to be swapped like the cabinet art. I'd wager that Multimorphic hasn't been able to create additional art assets yet.
Ofcourse; I'm sure gstellenberg will make an appearance soon enough to answer that question.

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ofcourse; I'm sure gstellenberg will make an appearance soon enough to answer that question.

My ears were burning.

Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Thanks for bringing this up - we need to update the website with the new images. We currently have speaker panel artwork for WAMONH, Heist, and System Core. If you want to keep 'generic' artwork on the P3, System Core looks the best, IMO. We don't currently have, but we could make a more generic one with just the logo or something to mimic the older speaker panels. We changed to artist speaker panels to dress up the presentation a bit, but having the option to look more muted makes sense. Which do you think you'd choose? A basic one with a P3 logo or the System Core one?

Here's the rest of the System Core artwork: https://www.multimorphic.com/store/artwork/p3-machine-artwork-system-core/

Quoted from northvibe:

Yup, if that is a magnet then people will make some new covers I bet, or mm

The new speaker panel artwork is not a magnet. It's a printed plastic that sits at the front edge of a brightness-controllable lightbox.

- Gerry
SystemCore-SpeakerPanelLowRes (resized).jpgSystemCore-SpeakerPanelLowRes (resized).jpg

#1412 1 year ago

I like the system core speaker panel.

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

the feedback from my casual playing customers has been more positive than I anticipated based on years of feedback towards P3 that it isn't "real pinball" from a lot of the hardcore pinball enthusiasts.

This makes a lot of sense - there are some similarities to a redemption machine which doesn’t take much to understand to play, and is timed. The hardcore can play Heist and Lexy, but the “step up and play” of a lot of the mini games are pointed right at families and pinball newbies. Really awesome stuff to hear

Make sure you give scoot n shoot a whirl a few times yourself - it is a LOT harder than Barnyard (obviously) and can take a few games to get the hang of it - if you don’t have good control, the game can be frustrating, so it may lead to a different opinion from your customers. Still, $0.50 ain’t much to try, even if you drain drain drain!

#1414 1 year ago

My ears were burning.

Thanks for bringing this up - we need to update the website with the new images. We currently have speaker panel artwork for WAMONH, Heist, and System Core. If you want to keep 'generic' artwork on the P3, System Core looks the best, IMO. We don't currently have, but we could make a more generic one with just the logo or something to mimic the older speaker panels. We changed to artist speaker panels to dress up the presentation a bit, but having the option to look more muted makes sense. Which do you think you'd choose? A basic one with a P3 logo or the System Core one?
Here's the rest of the System Core artwork: https://www.multimorphic.com/store/artwork/p3-machine-artwork-system-core/

The new speaker panel artwork is not a magnet. It's a printed plastic that sits at the front edge of a brightness-controllable lightbox.
- Gerry
[quoted image]

I think having the individual artwork for each machine makes sense when they are on route or for people that want to keep a collection of artwork stored for use when they swap out modules.

For me personally, the P3 makes sense partially as a space saver. I can add 3+ games to my collection with the real estate of one. I don't want to store the artwork for each module. I would like to have a generic version of everything that I will see when playing (speaker panel, lower play field plastice and apron). Having hotdog plastics while playing sorcerer's apprentice kinda ruins the ambiance for me.

I like the system core artwork. However it seems to hint at a larger theme outside of the speaker panel if that makes sense. IMHO, the best option would be to have some sort of self contained P3 artwork that takes advantage of the lighted box.

I will probably order the generic P3 apron magnet that has the button identifiers.

#1415 1 year ago

Upon further thought, if system core was available as a speaker panel insert, lower play field plastics and the apron magnet, I would probably add them to keep in my P3.

#1416 1 year ago

My ears were burning.

- Gerry
[quoted image]

I'll probably do System Core for all the cabinet art, and swap out apron magnets for the different games.. but I have time to think about it

#1417 1 year ago

System Core for the speaker panel looks great. Sign me up for that. Looks sharp and versatile with Heist, Lexi and others. I’ll use my Weird Al for Weird Al!

One more thing…..@gstellenberg, I know you’re looking for help to speed up production! I think I’m ready to join the assembly line after conquering the P3 flipper upgrade project.

95245661-8084-4619-BF53-B3FFC09AD78A (resized).jpeg95245661-8084-4619-BF53-B3FFC09AD78A (resized).jpeg

#1418 1 year ago

What did they change in the flipper upgrade?

#1419 1 year ago

Speaker panel translite? Another Multimorphic first!

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

What did they change in the flipper upgrade?

They added End of Stroke switches.

- Mark

#1421 1 year ago
89EDB191-DEF3-4932-B3DD-1D7C51ADBFDA (resized).jpeg89EDB191-DEF3-4932-B3DD-1D7C51ADBFDA (resized).jpeg
#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

[quoted image]

Lol right. The first price hike since launch, I think. Yet everyone else hiked multiple times. Wrong thread :-p

#1423 1 year ago

Did the base platform launch at $8300?

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

base platform launch at $8300?

Idk. I seem to recall near 10k but that was with two pf modules. Lexy and it's mini games, and cannon lagoon

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Lol right. The first price hike since launch, I think. Yet everyone else hiked multiple times. Wrong thread :-p

Yeah, I'm surprised they're prices have remained relatively constant for such a long time.

Quoted from clempo:

Did the base platform launch at $8300?

No, but the game has evolved over time, like adding the monitor in the head, adding upper flippers and motorized scoops (not sure what else).

Near as I can tell on wayback machine, initial pre-production price was $9995 for first 250 machines with Lexy and Cosmic Cart Racing.
Later pricing was $9987 for Lexy and Canon Lagoon without monitor in head and other upgrades.
Lexy module was $2499, CCR was $2499, Canon Lagoon was $1499.

#1426 1 year ago

I saw the post about the price increase on modules. THen there was discussion about the p3 price at launch. Is there any update on any price increase for the p3 itself. Sorry if i missed it, but i didnt see.

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from nilrym:

I saw the post about the price increase on modules. THen there was discussion about the p3 price at launch. Is there any update on any price increase for the p3 itself. Sorry if i missed it, but i didnt see.

It's a little complicated because the P3 ws not priced without modules at launch.

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from nilrym:

There was nothing in the email about a price increase on the machine itself, so I would assume it is staying at $8300. gstellenberg can confirm.

#1429 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There was nothing in the email about a price increase on the machine itself, so I would assume it is staying at $8300. gstellenberg can confirm.

You are correct. It is staying at $8,300.

#1430 1 year ago

I bought all 5 play fields and recently paid for my game. I’m looking forward to getting it at the end of the month or next month. Since we moved to Newburgh, Indiana and no longer have a basement or a second floor, my whole house plus newly built game room (20’ x 13’) is much smaller but will nicely fit my 3 existing games plus my new P3. Once I get it, people in the area are welcome to play it.

I’m really looking forward to not have to bring it downstairs. As shown in my photos, games come through my garage right into the game room. I got just the core artwork. I’d love to have it all but don’t have the storage room and probably would not bother changing it. I’m hoping I can store all the play fields.

21E704D9-8AF8-4351-BF99-F3BF07890F80 (resized).jpeg21E704D9-8AF8-4351-BF99-F3BF07890F80 (resized).jpeg51531248-794D-454C-8FF8-11E88D18B44F (resized).jpeg51531248-794D-454C-8FF8-11E88D18B44F (resized).jpegCF2B4F4A-20CF-458A-A480-D2B9EC4E6A29 (resized).jpegCF2B4F4A-20CF-458A-A480-D2B9EC4E6A29 (resized).jpeg

#1431 1 year ago

Just wait until more playfields come!

It is so fun to have so much variety in game choosing

#1432 1 year ago

Fuck the poker machine off and put a shelf in there for the playfields?

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fuck the poker machine off and put a shelf in there for the playfields?

Actually that’s a pretty good idea. I can still fit the p3 next to TOTAN and have clearance on both sides of the P3 to easily swap out the play fields. I tried to sell the video poker before I moved, but it didn’t sell and came with me.

#1434 1 year ago

I'm surprised to see the button box protruding on the side of the cabinet. I'd like to hear what people that actually played the machine have to say about that?

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

I'm surprised to see the button box protruding on the side of the cabinet. I'd like to hear what people that actually played the machine have to say about that?

First few times you play, it seems odd to have the button box. But the buttons need to be out as the screen/pf system is in the way. Once you play the p3 and get used to it, it is not even noticeable. Also having the 3 buttons for upper flippers, lane change etc makes playing easier. So instead of flipping to change inlanes you can just press a button and not have to flip a flipper. I have my game on upper flippers are the separate white button, I converted to all flippers on red button and I can't get used to that.

So much control and settings available for customization.

#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:I'm surprised to see the button box protruding on the side of the cabinet. I'd like to hear what people that actually played the machine have to say about that?

I’ve never thought about it, not even a single time. You just don’t notice.

Now you DO notice the multiple buttons. This took me some time to get used to, and I grumbled about it a bit. Now Multimorphic has issued some updates which allow you to trigger off a single button (like staged flippers on a Bally game), but I never switched, as I’ve mostly gotten used to the multiple buttons. Lots of options!

#1437 1 year ago

I can't use the multiple buttons, my brain is too small. I can sometimes remember to use it on the plunge, but that's it. Never used the other button and wouldn't have a clue what it does.

#1438 1 year ago

Yeah, I tried mapping all the flippers to a single button per side, but it's SO much nicer to play with multiple buttons... I quickly reverted to factory. WAY easier to nail orbits without worrying about hitting the bottom of the upper flipper that way. Bonus points for having the muscle memory to give you an edge in league vs. people who aren't used to that configuration

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I bought all 5 play fields and recently paid for my game. I’m looking forward to getting it at the end of the month or next month. Since we moved to Newburgh, Indiana and no longer have a basement or a second floor, my whole house plus newly built game room (20’ x 13’) is much smaller but will nicely fit my 3 existing games plus my new P3. Once I get it, people in the area are welcome to play it.
I’m really looking forward to not have to bring it downstairs. As shown in my photos, games come through my garage right into the game room. I got just the core artwork. I’d love to have it all but don’t have the storage room and probably would not bother changing it. I’m hoping I can store all the play fields.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow - great diversity with those 3! All fairly deep, one wide, one Elwin, diversity of shots. Throw in P3 and it’s Everything you can need!

#1440 1 year ago

Got invoice today- machine shipped! (WAMOH, Heist, CCR, + SA). I’ll never need another pin again. Ok that’s a blatant lie…but still I’m pretty freakin excited!

#1441 1 year ago

Woo Hoo! In the club. Been playing Weird Al for about a week. Really impressed with the way the game plays. So many good feeling shots and combos. The modes are challenging and fun. I suspect there are layers to the rules I'm just beginning to discover. One thing I haven't heard people mention is the ability to trap a ball behind the upper flippers which is super helpful during multiball.
Weird Al.jpgWeird Al.jpg

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Woo Hoo! In the club. Been playing Weird Al for about a week. Really impressed with the way the game plays. So many good feeling shots and combos. The modes are challenging and fun. I suspect there are layers to the rules I'm just beginning to discover. One thing I haven't heard people mention is the ability to trap a ball behind the upper flippers which is super helpful during multiball.
[quoted image]

Nice! Trapping the ball behind the flipper is a “side job” shot in Heist. Very tough but cool when you nail it!

#1443 1 year ago

How are the flipper switches implemented? Would it be possible to implement two switches on the red button to support flipper staging? This skill feels great when I get it right and is an integral part of how I play F14 for example.

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

How are the flipper switches implemented? Would it be possible to implement two switches on the red button to support flipper staging? This skill feels great when I get it right and is an integral part of how I play F14 for example.

Out of the box, one button for each flipper. Red for the main flippers, white for the upper flippers. Most games have an option which support staging more than 2 flippers (some are made to support 2 on purpose. Heist supports 3 not 4). I'm not sure if all games have this implemented yet but it's intended.

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Got invoice today- machine shipped! (WAMOH, Heist, CCR, + SA). I’ll never need another pin again. Ok that’s a blatant lie…but still I’m pretty freakin excited!

SWEET!!!! SOOON SOON!!!

#1446 1 year ago

Years ago, I saw a P3 at Pintastic before the games were in full production. When playing Cannon Lagoon, there was a display behind the playfield. With a display replacing the backbox translites in the newest base cabinet, is the lower display gone from the system? I don't see it on Weird Al. Saw it on this youtube video as well

Fingers still crossed for an Oct delivery (even after the email a couple weeks ago)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Years ago, I saw a P3 at Pintastic before the games were in full production. When playing Cannon Lagoon, there was a display behind the playfield. With a display replacing the backbox translites in the newest base cabinet, is the lower display gone from the system? I don't see it on Weird Al. Saw it on this youtube video as well

Different modules can implement their own separate mini displays, like Cannon Lagoon (which still comes with a separate display). Typically, this mini display shows completely different content from the backbox or playfield monitors. In the case of Cannon Lagoon, it's used to show the shots needed (along with an on-playfield indicator).

Weird Al does not have a mini display, nor does Cosmic Cart Racing, or Heist. Only LL-EE and CL currently have a mini display. Minigames that apply to all modules such as Barnyard, Shoot 'n Scoot, and ROCs have custom-formatted graphics or integration specific for those modules.

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Would it be possible to implement two switches on the red button to support flipper staging?

Unless the manufacturing process has changed in the past couple years there is one switch per button and in that case it's not possible to stage-flip using a single button.

As Rdoyle1978 mentioned, you CAN assign multiple flippers to one button. They will activate at the same time.

This has been mentioned before, it's possible MM has implemented multiple switches on a single button.

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

How are the flipper switches implemented? Would it be possible to implement two switches on the red button to support flipper staging?

They are leaf switches, as you'd expect, with all the nuance and finesse available to them, but the default button box cannot hold a stack of 2+ in the red position.

In my opinion, it feels a lot more skillful and consistent to use a second button for a second player control component, especially switching between machines that you do not maintain. It took me three games in a row to get used to the second button flipper control on Heist. If you're able to stage, you'll likely be able to adapt to a second button.

Since the button boxes are swappable, you could always make a custom button box with two switches behind a single button if you wanted.

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

like Cannon Lagoon (which still comes with a separate display).

Ah, thanks. So it's part of the Cannon Lagoon module and not the main P3 cab. Cool, as I ordered that CL module and Heist with the Weird Al preorder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.