BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 73.
#1251 1 year ago

Any chance that a Weird Al P3 machine will be available to play at the Southern Fried Gaming Expo (SFGE) in July? Thanks!

#1252 1 year ago

Anyone have any tips on changing out the upper flipper rubbers? I have the mech pulled out of the game and I have the 2 screws removed that hold the steel plate on top of the flipper. Is this metal plate supposed to separate from the plastic or is it glued in place? I'm afraid I'll damage something if I try to force it apart.

IMG_1260 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1260 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1261 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1261 - Copy (resized).jpg
#1253 1 year ago

P3 glass is standard size BUT! Is beveled on all sides. Feels so good handling… small but nice

#1254 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:Is this metal plate supposed to separate from the plastic or is it glued in place? I'm afraid I'll damage something if I try to force it apart.

The shaft that the flipper pivots about is welded to that top plate. It's a tight fit through the plastic, but it can be lifted upwards while rotating to free the bat to change the rubber ring.

Just be careful not to rotate the metal plate when it is contacting the top of the plastic to avoid scratches.

You can shoot an email to [email protected] if you need further assistance.

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You guys were right I pushed on the playfield and it clicked into place . Game is playable now I’m not worried about the leveling I thought it was all messed up because of air balls so now I just have to fix that wood chip and I’m golden ![quoted image]

Ha! I think many of us have done this. It does take a little adjustment to get used to ALL the new stuff on this machine

#1256 1 year ago

Weird problem on my P3. All of my GI lighting, and some of my scoops' lights are out. The P3 logo is dark too. This a fuse issue you think or something else?

IMG_8253 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_8253 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_8254 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_8254 (1) (resized).jpg
#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from twitami:

Weird problem on my P3. All of my GI lighting, and some of my scoops' lights are out. The P3 logo is dark too. This a fuse issue you think or something else?
[quoted image][quoted image]

There are a bunch of wires that connect these lights in the backbox - but I’d also check that your back-of-playfield plugs are inserted securely

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from twitami:

Contact Multimorphic tech support. Speaking for myself, I've never had such great service. Prompt, easy to follow replies with great instruction.

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You guys were right I pushed on the playfield and it clicked into place . Game is playable now I’m not worried about the leveling I thought it was all messed up because of air balls so now I just have to fix that wood chip and I’m golden ![quoted image]

Making sure the module is seated properly is key when swapping modules. The one thing that will also be key to do when swapping out will be to put all the balls back into hopper from the staging area before putting the next module in. It can also prevent the module from seating all the way down properly. Enjoy Weird Al! Can't wait for mine to show up!

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from twitami:

There's an article on the support site which explains which connectors to check if there are issues with the lights on the walls or scoops. Given the ones you have out this looks to be a disconnected connector on the back side of the board. You can probably get access to it with the upper module removed and you may well see the ribbon connector just hanging loose. Lights on the left scoops or right walls (not scoops) are on the front side of the board and you can see those through the coin door. I've had a front connector work its way loose while rocking to Scott Danesi's ROCs tracks with the bass up nice and loud.

Make sure you're powered off before removing the module or disconnecting any interconnects.

And as Mr68 suggests feel free to submit a ticket if you need more details or support.

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Yes, standard, and I've never seen anti-reflective glass on a P3.

The polycarbonate sheet over the playfield LCD reflects light. So if you use an anti-reflective sheet of cabinet glass, you might actually get double reflections (one of which will be frequency-shifted and look greenish). That said, we know some folks put anti-reflective glass in their P3s and love it. It really just depends where the light is in your room.

Quoted from twitami:

The LEDs for the backbox P3 and the playfield overhead "GI" all come from the same wall/scoop PD-LED board that Mocean referenced above on a single ribbon cable. So it sounds like two connectors on your PD-LED are loose. It could also be the other ends of both cables, but I'd start at the common point, which is where they come off of the PD-LED. It's on the front of the wall assembly, visible through the coin door, but you might need the chassis in service position to reach it.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1262 1 year ago

Just now realizing my game came with a signed translite by weird Al ! Awesome !

#1263 1 year ago

I use Voodoo glass on my P3 on every stream I do. Looks great, wouldn’t play without it.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I use Voodoo glass on my P3 on every stream I do. Looks great, wouldn’t play without it.

Yep. I have PDI glass in mine.

#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Its the way the machine was designed. Side art is swappable. It's not an oversight to not have art in the front.
I don't believe the front of the machine has ever been magnetic. Only the sides.
Don't like it; design you own art to fit on the front of the machine and print a decal to cover it. But then again; why would a multi-game platform need art on three sides?

No. Has never been a feature of a P3 game.
Maybe a future add on; but Multimorphic has never indicated a shaker was in the plan.

Thank you for your kind reply. My questions were not meant as a criticisms, so apologies if they came off that way. I simply think an option for front art and a shaker would be "nice-to-haves".

I was able to play a Weird Al this past weekend and was blown away. Before that, I hadn't played a P3 since the first year the original machine was shown at Expo. At the time I went away with a "that is too weird" mentality and unfortunately ignored it's development until the Weird Al announcement. The evolution since that time is amazing, and now the flippers, slings, etc all feel every bit as good as any other machine. I have been missing out. I am very happy that I took a chance and got on the Weird Al list, and can't wait to receive mine this fall!

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thank you for your kind reply. My questions were not meant as a criticisms, so apologies if they came off that way. I simply think an option for front art and a shaker would be "nice-to-haves".
I was able to play a Weird Al this past weekend and was blown away. Before that, I hadn't played a P3 since the first year the original machine was shown at Expo. At the time I went away with a "that is too weird" mentality and unfortunately ignored it's development until the Weird Al announcement. The evolution since that time is amazing, and now the flippers, slings, etc all feel every bit as good as any other machine. I have been missing out. I am very happy that I took a chance and got on the Weird Al list, and can't wait to receive mine this fall!

Welcome aboard! Multimorphic has been consistently improving the machine, miles beyond the initial release, and it even continued after I bought one some time last year. I don’t know how those guys aren’t exhausted! But the improvements keep on coming, and I’m pretty excited about the upgrades already seen on the new machines. At the time of order, my Weird Al was due to be on the line some time in July - I think that’s been slightly pushed due to supply chain/ labor issues but I’m confident it will be here soon!

#1267 1 year ago

Weird AL got a very great response at my Queen Anne's Revenge Tournament this weekend. The game held up well, no issues to be had for the entire day. This will be very good exposure for P3. People are finally giving it the recognition it deserves.

I do have an issue once in a while, where the scoop wall will get slightly stuck on the way down and stick up about 1/2" once in a great while. Also my farthest right 2 scoop wall pieces are very close (almost rubbing) on the module playfield. Wish there was a way to center them better. So far it's not an issue, as the ones that stick are not super close to the module. :/

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Weird AL got a very great response at my Queen Anne's Revenge Tournament this weekend. The game held up well, no issues to be had for the entire day. This will be very good exposure for P3. People are finally giving it the recognition it deserves.
I do have an issue once in a while, where the scoop wall will get slightly stuck on the way down and stick up about 1/2" once in a great while. Also my farthest right 2 scoop wall pieces are very close (almost rubbing) on the module playfield. Wish there was a way to center them better. So far it's not an issue, as the ones that stick are not super close to the module. :/

Yeah...there was a lot of excitement and I didn't hear many complaints. I think it surprised many people. The only complaint I heard, and which I share myself, is the upper flippers are pretty hidden which makes it hard to aim upper flipper shots accurately. I wish the plastic above them was cut out a bit so you can see the flipper bat. I am not sure if brighter colored flipper rubber would help, but it's worth a try. I am sure that will be less of a concern with more practice though. I did notice the scoop staying up a little a few times, leading to airballs. But they seemed to fix themselves quickly most of the time. Other than that though, I didn't notice any issues at all, and that machine was played literally all day long. It was awesome!

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...there was a lot of excitement and I didn't hear many complaints. I think it surprised many people. The only complaint I heard, and which I share myself, is the upper flippers are pretty hidden which makes it hard to aim upper flipper shots accurately. I wish the plastic above them was cut out a bit so you can see the flipper bat. I am not sure if brighter colored flipper rubber would help, but it's worth a try. I am sure that will be less of a concern with more practice though. I did notice the scoop staying up a little a few times, leading to airballs. But they seemed to fix themselves quickly most of the time. Other than that though, I didn't notice any issues at all, and that machine was played literally all day long. It was awesome!

That's a valid criticism - the double-edged sword of the 'hidden' flippers is that they are a tad bit harder to see, as you noted - but since other games don't use them at all, they stay out of the line of sight and aren't distracting.

#1270 1 year ago

I will be changing the upper flipper rubber to orange or yellow soon. We will see if that makes a difference.

#1271 1 year ago

I have red on all my flippers (including the upper right, and will put on my upper left when WAMONH gets here). I think it does help a bit, but once you know the flippers are there it's not a big deal either way IMO.

2 weeks later
#1272 1 year ago

I heard that all Multimorphic games have team or co-op play available but i can’t find any direction on how to start it. Can someone tell me how start team or co-op play?

#1273 1 year ago

Hold a flipper button when pressing start to open the feature menu.

You can start a coop game by enabling team play when two or more players have been added. When using profiles, each player (for coop) must use the same profile. With this you can do 2v2 or 3v1 or whatever.

That menu also allows for Bluetooth headphone connection and per-profile setting changes.

You can also access this before launching a ball (again with flipper+start).

#1274 1 year ago

Thank you! I look forward to tying it out on some games.

#1275 1 year ago

Finally joined the club! Looking forward to nerding out with more people as Gerry and co. begin pumping these out.

Word of advice for new owners with a basement: consider removing the module / flippers / playfield monitor before lugging it down. I went down with everything still in it and it was the scariest 2 minutes of my life

IMG_9272 (resized).jpgIMG_9272 (resized).jpgIMG_9276 copy (resized).jpgIMG_9276 copy (resized).jpg
#1276 1 year ago

Nothing can prepare you for the mass of these things. I think they might create their own gravity.

Moving these machines is no joke.

#1277 1 year ago

Don’t tell your friends which machine you are moving or you might not be able to find anyone to help you! Haha

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Finally joined the club! Looking forward to nerding out with more people as Gerry and co. begin pumping these out.
Word of advice for new owners with a basement: consider removing the module / flippers / playfield monitor before lugging it down. I went down with everything still in it and it was the scariest 2 minutes of my life [quoted image][quoted image]

Curious, I see the machine and 2 playfield modules there. Did they ship 3 playfield modules in that photo or 2?

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Curious, I see the machine and 2 playfield modules there. Did they ship 3 playfield modules in that photo or 2?

Weird Al module shipped in the machine. The other 2 on the pallet are CCR and Heist.

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Don’t tell your friends which machine you are moving or you might not be able to find anyone to help you! Haha

Oh, I'm resigned to staying in my present house forever so I never need to move it again!

#1281 1 year ago

Word of advice for new owners with a basement: consider removing the module / flippers / playfield monitor before lugging it down. I went down with everything still in it and it was the scariest 2 minutes of my life [quoted image][quoted image]

Try attempting to get it UP stairs without removing that stuff. I can get it out of my basement without help if I remove the head, but that’s getting kind of old

#1282 1 year ago

#1283 1 year ago

I don't have to bother friends to move games. Cup of coffee and my Escalera makes me fearless.

On the other hand, my friends bother me to borrow the damn thing.

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't have to bother friends to move games. Cup of coffee and my Escalera makes me fearless.
On the other hand, my friends bother me to borrow the damn thing.

I resemble that remark

#1285 1 year ago

Weird Al module shipped in the machine. The other 2 on the pallet are CCR and Heist.

this is exactly what I bought as well.

#1286 1 year ago

Oh, I'm resigned to staying in my present house forever so I never need to move it again!

Not planning to move it to a pinball show either?

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Not planning to move it to a pinball show either?

i wouldn't. This thing is a monster to move. I would never take it to a show or leave the house ever. It's also the reason my p2k never leaves.

#1288 1 year ago

go to home depot and hire a day labourer to move it.

#1289 1 year ago

I went by a friends house last night (thank you Tim ) and finally got to play a P3. Wow !! It blew all my expectations away . I had contacted Kevin (BP) a few months ago to chat about it and and I can’t thank him enough for taking the time to answer the questions I had .Tim has a vast collection of pins that I wanted to dive into but ended up only wanting to play and talk P3 .The number 1 question I had answered was “Yes,this is a physical pinball machine !” This is 100% on my radar now after I get through some incoming .To anyone here that is on the fence I highly suggest finding one to play .With MM having added they’re first licensed theme I can only imagine where this train is headed ! I hope to get on the train sooner than later .Will be following this thread .

#1290 1 year ago

Do people really think P3 isn't a physical pinball machine still? How that perception exists still is baffling to me.

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I went by a friends house last night (thank you Tim ) and finally got to play a P3. Wow !! It blew all my expectations away . I had contacted Kevin (BP) a few months ago to chat about it and and I can’t thank him enough for taking the time to answer the questions I had .Tim has a vast collection of pins that I wanted to dive into but ended up only wanting to play and talk P3 .The number 1 question I had answered was “Yes,this is a physical pinball machine !” This is 100% on my radar now after I get through some incoming .To anyone here that is on the fence I highly suggest finding one to play .With MM having added they’re first licensed theme I can only imagine where this train is headed ! I hope to get on the train sooner than later .Will be following this thread .

Good on you for sniffing one out! For sure this machine is a game changer - but the word still needs to be spread further. Have limited space? No problem. Want to switch between a quick game and a long game? Done. Get a hankering for a new game but don’t feel like lugging it up the stairs at great personal peril? Download it from Multimorphic pronto.

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Do people really think P3 isn't a physical pinball machine still? How that perception exists still is baffling to me.

after seeing the pics of the chic trying to fill a laundry basket with gasoline (basket had 100's of large holes in it), Humanity never surprises me on the amount of stupidity it has.

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I guess that didn’t come out as I intended .What I meant was I had no clue (since never getting to play one ) how it felt to shoot . “Does it shoot more like a Stern or a Zizzle ?” As far as Captain Zero calling me stupid …I’ll just leave it alone , no need to waste a breath on someone who purposely names themself after some fantasy character .

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

As far as Captain Zero calling me stupid …I’ll just leave it alone , no need to waste a breath on someone who purposely names themself after some fantasy character .

That didn't happen.

You chose to interpret the comment that way despite it being obviously not saying that. Then you were rude. You are in the wrong mate.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I guess that didn’t come out as I intended .What I meant was I had no clue (since never getting to play one ) how it felt to shoot . “Does it shoot more like a Stern or a Zizzle ?” As far as Captain Zero calling me stupid …I’ll just leave it alone , no need to waste a breath on someone who purposely names themself after some fantasy character .

I wasn't calling you stupid. But I do have people try and tell me that P3 is a virtual machine. And I have to go through the long speech on how it's real pinball with a moving playfield. Wasn't referring to you.. I was directing that, at the people who have never seen P3, totally disregard it, and swear up and down that it's a virtual pinball machine. And I have to have lengthy arguments with, and tell them they have their head up their ass.

#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I wasn't calling you stupid. But I do have people try and tell me that P3 is a virtual machine. And I have to go through the long speech on how it's real pinball with a moving playfield. Wasn't referring to you.. I was directing that, at the people who have never seen P3, totally disregard it, and swear up and down that it's a virtual pinball machine. And I have to have lengthy arguments with, and tell them they have their head up their ass.

Neo what games do you have now?! I always look at the MM shop...and then say..well I didn't buy stuff this week and buy a digital game hahahha.

#1297 1 year ago

Looks like my game is shipping out Friday!

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

ah, understood. I haven't played a P3 since Lexy released many moons ago so I look forward to playing it again when I get mine. Heist and Weird Al are such a monumental step forward for the P3 platform. Kudos to the team.

#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Neo what games do you have now?! I always look at the MM shop...and then say..well I didn't buy stuff this week and buy a digital game hahahha.

I have Weird AL, CCR, Heist and Sorcerers apprentice.

#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have Weird AL, CCR, Heist and Sorcerers apprentice.

NEO, no barnyard? Ranger in the ruins is a fun game as you always have the 1 more game feel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,499 (OBO)
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/26?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.