BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 73.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

At least 227LE in the past two days. If you extrapolate that out over the ten years or so they have been around that's about 414,275 Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity

But for real...anyone from the company on here, please feel free to chime in!

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

But for real...anyone from the company on here, please feel free to chime in!

Confidential numbers notwithstanding, I can tell you this... it's a lot more than every guess I've heard people make, and it will continue to grow (and probably accelerate) with each new game kit release. This is a very different business model than single-themed machines. It's one that builds on itself and brings everybody more value with each step forward.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1103 2 years ago

It is a little confusing about pricing. Does the price of the machine include any playable table?

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

It is a little confusing about pricing. Does the price of the machine include any playable table?

If you're referring to the $8300 from https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-pinball-machine/p3-pinball-machine/
"The price for a base P3 machine with no game kit is $8,300."

#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

If you want P3 and Weird Al it's $8300 + $3000 = $11,300

#1106 2 years ago

I get a faint woodpecker noise through the audio about very 4-5 seconds when game audio is not playing, is this normal?

#1107 2 years ago

Heh-Heh-Heh-HEHHH-Heh

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I get a faint woodpecker noise through the audio about very 4-5 seconds when game audio is not playing, is this normal?

If you connect your game to wifi, the wifi and sound do do a dance of sorts, together. That is usually the random noise like that you'll hear, I think?

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you connect your game to wifi, the wifi and sound do do a dance of sorts, together. That is usually the random noise like that you'll hear, I think?

I had it before the connect to wifi. Not bothering me just wanted to make sure it wasn't an indication that something was about to fail on the audio soon. I do have speaker wires coming off cabinet speaker for a sub, maybe that is the cause if it's not normal for most.

#1110 2 years ago

The sound is normal, happens on all P3s as far as I know.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I had it before the connect to wifi. Not bothering me just wanted to make sure it wasn't an indication that something was about to fail on the audio soon. I do have speaker wires coming off cabinet speaker for a sub, maybe that is the cause if it's not normal for most.

if wifi polls, it would do that some.
I did add a ferrite thing to the speaker wire and it helped quiet it down a little. but yeah. After I asked MM, it was a no issue.

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The sound is normal, happens on all P3s as far as I know.

It does. It's due to a lack of insulation in the audio line - possibly just the speaker wires themselves, as they are right next to the wifi card. It's nothing to be concerned about. You can buy a noise suppressor / low pass filter (same thing) for a couple bucks which would go between the amp and the 1/8" plug which plugs into it. Some JJP games have basically the same issue, there's just so much packed into these machines at close distance.

#1113 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

open backbox and check for a woodpecker

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can buy a noise suppressor / low pass filter (same thing) for a couple bucks which would go between the amp and the 1/8" plug which plugs into it.

Look in your backbox before you buy one. There should already be a filter installed.

#1115 2 years ago

Look in your backbox before you buy one. There should already be a filter installed.

I expected to read there should already be a woodpecker installed.

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I expected to read there should already be a woodpecker installed.

Better than a Stern "knocker"!

#1117 2 years ago

Where? Plugged into the amp ? Or is it a ferrite core insulator? I'll have to check later

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where? Plugged into the amp ? Or is it a ferrite core insulator? I'll have to check later

One end into motherboard, other into amp IIRC.

#1119 2 years ago

I’ll look more in the map but if anyone knows of a spot I can take my teenage kids with to go try out P3 please lmk .I’ll check back .Thanks .

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll look more in the map but if anyone knows of a spot I can take my teenage kids with to go try out P3 please lmk .I’ll check back .Thanks .

TPF would be a good place to try out the P3.
https://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2022-game-line-up/

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hey man we will have one at North End Pub hopefully in April or May based on the email I got last week.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

*ahem*

#1123 2 years ago

Thank you guys .I think I found my spot

#1124 2 years ago

Streaming some P3 tonight since I'm hype for Weird Al! Will be playing Sorcerer's Apprentice, Cosmic Cart Racing and Heist, starting at 8 Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

0418EE44-4024-411F-9DB7-F9D4CA488003 (resized).jpeg0418EE44-4024-411F-9DB7-F9D4CA488003 (resized).jpeg
#1125 2 years ago

Question for Heist owners. Is there a setting somewhere to raise the jail gate upper limit to when it raises it stops at a higher level? Most of the time I shoot that shot with my right flipper it hits the bottom of the gate instead of going past it and into the hole.

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Question for Heist owners. Is there a setting somewhere to raise the jail gate upper limit to when it raises it stops at a higher level? Most of the time I shoot that shot with my right flipper it hits the bottom of the gate instead of going past it and into the hole.

let me look.......

EDIT:
start heist.
Open coin door
Press launch
Go to settings
Mechs
Diverters
Bottom is
Jail low
Jail high

#1127 2 years ago

If adjusting the height still has the ball contacting the bottom of teh jail cell, make sure the transition from the lower playfield plastic to the walls/ the walls to the scoops/ and the scoops to the playfield is smooth with no high spots. Ideally they are all level with each other or slightly lower than what is in front of it.

More info on our support site at https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation (login required)

#1128 2 years ago

Well, I just won a Weird Al LE so I am officially in the Multimorphic club! I've been interested in these for a while but still haven't played one. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from tjw998:

If adjusting the height still has the ball contacting the bottom of teh jail cell, make sure the transition from the lower playfield plastic to the walls/ the walls to the scoops/ and the scoops to the playfield is smooth with no high spots. Ideally they are all level with each other or slightly lower than what is in front of it.
More info on our support site at https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation (login required)

Read, re-read, and read this comment again. The playfield scoops and walls have to be EXACTLY level with either side of the playfield(s). I thought mine were perfect, and was having trouble hitting the left ramp on Lexy and the Heist jail, and I could never figure out why it was suddenly happening like that. Well, somehow (from moving the P3 around I imagine) the scoops and walls were NOT level any longer. The tiniest measure off - only 1/32 - was causing the slightest airballing. Too small to see with the eye, but enough to screw up the shot. I'll be upgrading to the servo-controlled scoops once those are available.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Well, I just won a Weird Al LE so I am officially in the Multimorphic club! I've been interested in these for a while but still haven't played one. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

You should verify, is this the LE kit (not the game just the LE add on) or the full P3 with game etc?
Congrats!

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Huzzah! Congratulations Jay!

"One of us! One of us!"

#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You should verify, is this the LE kit (not the game just the LE add on) or the full P3 with game etc?
Congrats!

If it was from the Project_Pinball raffle, which I believe it was then yes it is the entire P3 machine with the Weird Al LE game kit!!
I provided the machines.

#1133 2 years ago

Yup! Whole game with the kit, LE version. Crazy. Best $100 I have spent in this hobby in 12 years! haha

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from wise1919:

If it was from the Project_Pinball raffle, which I believe it was then yes it is the entire P3 machine with the Weird Al LE game kit!!
I provided the machines.

Oh , dang it! I read it wrong I should of bought tickets!!!!

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Yup! Whole game with the kit, LE version. Crazy. Best $100 I have spent in this hobby in 12 years! haha

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you!!

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Congrats!

#1137 2 years ago

I searched a bit but haven't found my answer. Does anyone know where I can find information on connecting a sub woofer to a Multimorphic game?

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I searched a bit but haven't found my answer. Does anyone know where I can find information on connecting a sub woofer to a Multimorphic game?

The subwoofer in the P3 is pretty beefy already. It's the only machine I haven't hooked an external sub to in my collection.

But if you wanted to I'd just connect to the cabinet speaker and use the speaker-level inputs on the external sub. That's how I do it on all my other games.

#1139 2 years ago

Ya like, the sub acts as a shaker motor, beefy.

#1140 2 years ago

The subwoofer in the P3 is pretty beefy already. It's the only machine I haven't hooked an external sub to in my collection.
But if you wanted to I'd just connect to the cabinet speaker and use the line-level inputs on the external sub. That's how I do it on all my other games.

Totally - the game EXPLODES when I leave it on downstairs, it is LOUD and it is beefy

#1141 2 years ago

OK so I'm very excited about my new toy coming hopefully in the next few months. I've been doing some research and thinking about trying to sneak some purchases ahead of time under the radar

1. I am very surprised that Multimorphic isn't selling an under game storage solution yet! I searched around a bit and it seems like people are storing the playfield modules in the original cardboard boxes? I can't believe a 3rd-party modder hasn't cashed in on this yet (or have they?). I guess my question is what are you all doing/what are some creative solutions to storing these? I would prefer under the game.

2. I am getting WAMONH. What should be the first and maybe second module I should get? Heist looks pretty awesome. I find it interesting that you not only need to consider the main module game but also any downloadable games that work on that specific module.

3. Are the alternate software games I can play on my module worth it? I wish Multimorphic sorted the game list by module on their site to make it easier but it looks like I should be able to also play Shoot n Scoot, Barnyard, & ROCs. Since they are software (and expensive) it would be great if they offered demos that only ran for a few games.

4. Any must-have mods for P3 in general that are recommended? Or things I should know?

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

OK so I'm very excited about my new toy coming hopefully in the next few months. I've been doing some research and thinking about trying to sneak some purchases ahead of time under the radar
1. I am very surprised that Multimorphic isn't selling an under game storage solution yet! I searched around a bit and it seems like people are storing the playfield modules in the original cardboard boxes? I can't believe a 3rd-party modder hasn't cashed in on this yet (or have they?). I guess my question is what are you all doing/what are some creative solutions to storing these? I would prefer under the game.
2. I am getting WAMONH. What should be the first and maybe second module I should get? Heist looks pretty awesome. I find it interesting that you not only need to consider the main module game but also any downloadable games that work on that specific module.
3. Are the alternate software games I can play on my module worth it? I wish Multimorphic sorted the game list by module on their site to make it easier but it looks like I should be able to also play Shoot n Scoot, Barnyard, & ROCs. Since they are software (and expensive) it would be great if they offered demos that only ran for a few games.
4. Any must-have mods for P3 in general that are recommended? Or things I should know?

1. They are working on something apparently. There are plans somewhere on Pinside for a DIY cart.
2 and 3. I suggest you go on Twitch and search Multimorphic and watch streams. That’s how I was able to determine which modules and games I am getting. I’ve decided to get all modules(to save on international shipping), and 5 of the software only games.
4. Speaker lighting and cab lighting are options that can be installed on the production line. I plan on both.

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Here are a few posts I've made in the past detailing my thoughts as an early adopter, and some considerations about the other 3 main playfields. Just note that the first link is older, before Sorcerer's Apprentice came out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/12#post-6151650

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3#post-6798367

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3#post-6798733

As for mini-games: if you buy CCR - you have to buy Ranger in the Ruins. Great, cheap mini-game. But even before that, any CCR owner should also buy Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's not a mini-game, it's a full-on new game (rules, graphics, etc.) for the CCR playfield.

ROCs is awesome, and works on any playfield module - it's Asteroids with a pinball. Really fun. The rest are more niche games that may or may not fit your style.

#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Until there's an official solution, I've posted plans for a cart in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/14#post-6182429

And a photo or two:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/14#post-6177690

I've also sewn some canvas covers to protect against dust.

The carts are on casters to easily slide in any direction - sometimes I have them sideways under a game or in the front. It will not fit between a standard set of front legs, but perhaps on widebodies.

Quoted from Cheeks:

you have to buy Ranger in the Ruins

As always, thank you very much!

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Here are a few posts I've made in the past detailing my thoughts as an early adopter, and some considerations about the other 3 main playfields. Just note that the first link is older, before Sorcerer's Apprentice came out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/12#post-6151650
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3#post-6798367
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3#post-6798733
As for mini-games: if you buy CCR - you have to buy Ranger in the Ruins. Great, cheap mini-game. But even before that, any CCR owner should also buy Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's not a mini-game, it's a full-on new game (rules, graphics, etc.) for the CCR playfield.
ROCs is awesome, and works on any playfield module - it's Asteroids with a pinball. Really fun. The rest are more niche games that may or may not fit your style.

Have to also mention Grand Slam Rally which Jimmy Lipham programmed. It’s on the Cannon Lagoon playfield, but it’s the cheapest of the set.

Awesome pitch and bat type game which makes me leave the CL playfield in a lot more than I might have otherwise. IMO it’s more fun than ROCs even

Definitely second

#1146 2 years ago

Also MM has SOOOOO many irons in the fire, the cart may not be immediately available. They have so many orders they are backed up 12 months for new P3 machines, and 4 or 5 months for the Al game. Not sure on other playfields.

They redesigned their back box entirely, to accomodate a really amazing lit speaker panel add-on, with optional speaker cone lighting which is better than I’ve seen on any game ever. It’s almost hypnotic. I’n addition, seeing the Heads Up! Cabinet lights, I am going to DIY that when I get home.

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

If you want to see most/all of the games in action, I’ve put together a playlist of our P3 videos and streams from the past few years.

Check ‘em out over here: Multimorphic P3
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxv7Si8AfIM9uHa_zx-Lef-DXaUFtGpwF

#1148 2 years ago

Your heist stream piqued my interest, then playing at TPF made me a buyer. I appreciate the time and effort you’ve put into showcasing the platform.

If you want to see most/all of the games in action, I’ve put together a playlist of our P3 videos and streams from the past few years.
Check ‘em out over here: Multimorphic P3
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxv7Si8AfIM9uHa_zx-Lef-DXaUFtGpwF

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Your heist stream piqued my interest, then playing at TPF made me a buyer. I appreciate the time and effort you’ve put into showcasing the platform.

Heck yeah! Congrats on getting in on the P3. What game(s) are you getting with it?

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Yeah thanks to Kev I'm also hooked on the other P3 games. Never played or seen a P3 so making my purchase choices based 90% on Kevin's streams.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

8,499 (OBO)
11,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.