FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 73.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I'm exploring a variety of options. (look for a thread soon)

Cool, very interesting!

#802 2 years ago

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time ruining rangers.
Luckily, the platform allows for different tastes to coexist! I've made three very different styles of games thus far and am making a full module for my fourth.
Perhaps you might enjoy one of the others, perhaps not, but I think it's great that there's a breadth of content that continues to expand (and thank you for giving RITR a play).

I can’t upvote this enough. Epitome of class, Nick.

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you notice a difference with it ? I mean more so / less so than with a traditional game ?

I find it to be just as effective at reducing glare as on a traditional pinball machine. It’s beneficial to P3 streaming as well.

#804 2 years ago

I just realized I didn't post in here that I got my P3 a few weeks ago!

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I just realized I didn't post in here that I got my P3 a few weeks ago!

Nice ! Give us the breakdown

#806 2 years ago

I saved up and bought the CCR module. Excited about that one. I have finally completed the collection of all the modules!!! ....that is until MM releases the next module... haha! I gotta say, it is definitely easier to save up for new pinball machines on the p3 platform.
--Scott

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I saved up and bought the CCR module. Excited about that one. I have finally completed the collection of all the modules!!! ....that is until MM releases the next module... haha! I gotta say, it is definitely easier to save up for new pinball machines on the p3 platform.
--Scott

Awesome! Time to go online

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

Time to Ruin some Rangers, bro!

Quoted from AMSNL:

Awesome! Time to go online

Yeah Scott, time to go online. My wife still clings to the fact that she beat Gerry in an online CCR race. She LOVES the music in TNA (who doesn't), so it would just be another feather in her cap if she could defeat Mr. TNA-beats in a race too. Make it so...

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Officially: not recommended due to the playfield LCD screen.

YMMV. It really depends on where the reflections and light sources are in your room. If you get reflections on the upper playfield region, AR glass will definitely help. If you get reflections from a light source lower on your playfield (on the playfield LCD), AR glass will actually hurt (doubling the reflection). See attached with an overhead light. The one with the extra green reflection is AR glass. The other one is standard glass.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

PXL_20210813_160008633 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_160008633 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_160043205 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_160043205 (resized).jpg
#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

so it would just be another feather in her cap if she could defeat Mr. TNA-beats in a race too. Make it so...

Yes... ASAP! Push the memory of my race deeper into history please!

- Gerry

#811 2 years ago

If you have ROCs or Barnyard, check the Multimorphic site. We updated both to resolve some launch issues with the Heist playfield. ROCs got a few more changes too.

- Gerry

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

ROCs got a few more changes too.

Geez, you guys are gonna need to issue Scott a restraining order. Danesi's creeping into ROCs now too? Dude's straight up stalking you!

#813 2 years ago

Is there any videos of roc’s

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is there any videos of roc’s

Yeah watch buffalo pinballs p3 stuff on the tube.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah watch buffalo pinballs p3 stuff on the tube.

Thanks for sharing! Gonna have to revisit it on stream now with the new Scotty D tunes!

#816 2 years ago

Watching that game of Rocs was what tipped me over the edge to purchase, thanks for your efforts.

#817 2 years ago

So excited to get my game,I was lucky and just before I send multimorphic a deposit I call Melissa and she just so happened to get a call from Gerry telling her the games she ordered were ready to ship!

Bam instant p3 no wait,she may have a few more if anyone was a p3!

#818 2 years ago

Congrats @rockrand!! You're going to really enjoy it! I've been having people over to play mine who have never played one before and I love seeing their reactions!

#819 2 years ago

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time ruining rangers.
Luckily, the platform allows for different tastes to coexist! I've made three very different styles of games thus far and am making a full module for my fourth.
Perhaps you might enjoy one of the others, perhaps not, but I think it's great that there's a breadth of content that continues to expand (and thank you for giving RITR a play).

It's just not to my taste is all. There's nothing wrong with it that I'm going to critique other than "it's just not for me". That's entirely subjective, and not everything is made for everyone. That doesn't necessarily make them "bad", just "wrong for some". Square pegs and round holes and all that. I can absolutely appreciate the effort you made and the interesting ideas you put forth in doing so...but if you don't like rogue likes, you don't like rogue likes.

I apologize if my emphasis was read in any way as being insulting to your project. It was not meant to be read that way.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Meh...different strokes.

This is absolutely correct. I wouldn't make any claim to the contrary.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

I apologize if my emphasis was read in any way as being insulting to your project. It was not meant to be read that way.

Not at all! Exactly as you say, not every game is for everybody, and no apology necessary for feeling any way whatsoever about it.

I truly appreciate that you gave it a shot!

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So excited to get my game,I was lucky and just before I send multimorphic a deposit I call Melissa and she just so happened to get a call from Gerry telling her the games she ordered were ready to ship!
Bam instant p3 no wait,she may have a few more if anyone was a p3!

Shit, they have spare games and i have to wait months for mine...

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#823 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me how much shipping was within the states?

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Can anyone tell me how much shipping was within the states?

We usually see between $275 and $450, insured, depending on location. If you want to PM me your address, we can get a preliminary quote from our shipping agent.

- Gerry

1 week later
#825 2 years ago

Hi Guys:

Anyone in the Dallas area have a Multimorphic P3 that I can come by and see/play?

I'm in Dallas for a few weeks and am interested in buying a P3 but would like to see one before I buy.

Please send me a PM if you can help.

Thanks.

Roger

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

in Dallas for a few weeks and am interested in buying a P3 but would like to see one before I buy.

The factory is only two and a half hours from Dallas. Send gstellenberg a PM and if you can't find anything in Dallas.

1 week later
#827 2 years ago

Shattered. Email from multimorphic in my inbox this morning got me jumping up and down in my chair.

Great news about the wifi update, but not the news about game being ready to ship i was hoping for.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Shattered. Email from multimorphic in my inbox this morning got me jumping up and down in my chair.
Great news about the wifi update, but not the news about game being ready to ship i was hoping for.

LOL sorry your game isn’t shipping yet

Got the same email though, MM has blown past JJP with these updates!

#829 2 years ago

Gerry V Jersey Jack?

Hah! Not in the same class. Ones a responsive person who's in business to please his customers, and the other one....is not.

#830 2 years ago

Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email!

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email!

Wait, which email? that something huge shipped?

#832 2 years ago

Almost ready to ship in any case.

#833 2 years ago

Updated System Manager / Launcher finally. It is SUPER cool to be able to just click through the menus and download directly! Worked flawlessly too. Well done, wow!

#834 2 years ago

I

Quoted from punkin:

Almost ready to ship in any case.

Congratulations,you are going to love it!

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Updated System Manager / Launcher finally. It is SUPER cool to be able to just click through the menus and download directly! Worked flawlessly too. Well done, wow!

Yeah, I did the same recently. I also did not realize I was so out of date on some apps and drivers. All updated now!
--Scott

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I

Congratulations,you are going to love it!

Fucking hope so, just paid the invoice and my hearts still fluttering.

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fucking hope so, just paid the invoice and my hearts still fluttering.

I believe you are getting the combo with Heist ,CC,and lexy,I love them all,I have cannon lagoon also and am saving up for the pitch and bat game that uses that module,p3 is so different from conventional games, when you hear all the ball clanking into the steel pan and popping balls from everywhere,I have voodoo glass and a Polk sub on mine,good stuff.

I know the initial investment is rough but when you see the quality and weight of the p3 ,when you pull the playfield up for the first time you will realize this thing is a Marvolus machine,

Be sure you pull the playfield up using both Arms ,I made the mistake to just use one arm and tweaked my neck.

It’s a beast.

#838 2 years ago

Thanks, the price of two Stern Premiums by the time i get it half way across the world.

Keep telling myself i'm getting 8 or 10 games for that money, but i have games here i don't play. It's a lot of dosh sight unseen, and it's not like a Stern prem that i know i can sell for at least what i paid for it if i don't like it. I AM used to buying games without playing them though and haven't gone wrong too many times yet. (Orbitor1, Spectrum, Black Hole)

May list my Hobbit BA yet to take some of the sting out of it.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe you are getting the combo with Heist ,CC,and lexy,I love them all,I have cannon lagoon also and am saving up for the pitch and bat game that uses that module,p3 is so different from conventional games, when you hear all the ball clanking into the steel pan and popping balls from everywhere,I have voodoo glass and a Polk sub on mine,good stuff.
I know the initial investment is rough but when you see the quality and weight of the p3 ,when you pull the playfield up for the first time you will realize this thing is a Marvolus machine,
Be sure you pull the playfield up using both Arms ,I made the mistake to just use one arm and tweaked my neck.
It’s a beast.

Grand Slam Rally is REALLY REALLY fun. I put in the CL playfield specifically to play it, and I don’t even like baseball that much! It is SO different from all the other games its amazing to have the diversity

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Grand Slam Rally is REALLY REALLY fun. I put in the CL playfield specifically to play it, and I don’t even like baseball that much! It is SO different from all the other games its amazing to have the diversity

Would you says it’s more fun than cannon!

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The problem is the price. How a pitch and bat on the CL playfield costs only $100 less than Sorcerer's Apprentice, which is a really cool FULL game makes no sense. GSR is literally the only P3 game I don't own. GSR should be priced more in the range of Nick's games.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The problem is the price. How a pitch and bat on the CL playfield costs only $100 less than Sorcerer's Apprentice, which is a really cool FULL game makes no sense. GSR is literally the only P3 game I don't own. GSR should be priced more in the range of Nick's games.

Not much Gerry can do, it's third party.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Would you says it’s more fun than cannon!

I do like it more than CL, yes

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Totally understand and agree for the most part. At the time, there was no precedent as far as what to price new games, and if I’m not mistaken, each developer gets to set his/her own price point. Also at the time, there were basically no other games available, so it made sense to try and make it worthwhile for a developer to create a new game. IMO GSR is priced more like what a game would need to be set in order to pay back development costs - perhaps that’s less now; and Nick appears to be an unusually efficient programmer, so it’s hard to compare exactly.

Now that SA is out and SF, and RITR, it’s hard to spend a lot more on one game.

But for me, I already own it, and I think it’s great fun, so I dont care about the price at this point.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, the price of two Stern Premiums by the time i get it half way across the world.

Hi @punkin, can you let me know the cost breakdown for the game and shipping in AUD? Thanks

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi punkin, can you let me know the cost breakdown for the game and shipping in AUD? Thanks

Sure, flick me an email to [email protected] . Haven't got updated shipping yet, but i do have shipping costs for air and sea for one game and one extra module from a month or two back as well as game costs (which are published, but i've found Gerry to be pretty good as far as looking after you where he can).

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, I know. I didn't say it was on Gerry. I know the history and timing of the release of this, but it doesn't change the fact that today, the value prop on GSR is out of whack with literally everything else on the P3.

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

We do have some influence on prices of 3rd-party games, as we keep an open dialogue with all developers. Add-on game pricing is an entirely new thing in the world of physical pinball, and I'm sure we and 3rd parties will dial in price ranges as time goes on and as our customer base grows and votes with their wallets. So far the conversation rate of GSR is actually pretty good. It would probably sell a few more copies at a lower price point but not likely enough to outweigh the difference. I can also say with 100% certainty that at $399, Grand Slam Rally delivers a LOT more value than a lot of pinball machine mods that are priced higher and cost much less to develop. That said, pinball mod pricing has always been a big head-shaker to me.

Quoted from Cheeks:

The problem is the price. How a pitch and bat on the CL playfield costs only $100 less than Sorcerer's Apprentice, which is a really cool FULL game makes no sense.

and from the Sorcerer's Apprentice thread:

Quoted from Cheeks:

Undoubtedly this game will go unappreciated by most, but it's really fun already. AND A STEAL AT $500! Are you kidding me?

Note - Cheeks and I often talk privately in email about all things P3. He's got a good grasp of our business model, and we value his opinion (well, we value everybody's opinion). If people think some games are overpriced and some games are underpriced, we're probably pretty close, but things are always subject to change.

I personally would much rather pay $399 for GSR on the P3 than buy a standalone Pitch and Bat game. The implementation of the game is superb. I also may be slightly biased.

- Gerry

#849 2 years ago

Note - Cheeks and I often talk privately in email about all things P3. He's got a good grasp of our business model, and we value his opinion

*blush*

If people think some games over overpriced and some games are underpriced, we're probably pretty close

Fair, and probably the correct perspective. You can keep GSR overpriced if you promise to continue providing the most underpriced games on the market. Sorcerer's Apprentice was the fastest and most no-brainer $500 I've spent in pinball. Sorry Nick, now RitR is only the 2nd best bang for your buck on the P3. (So don't go lowering GSR as an excuse to raise other stuff. )

I personally would much rather pay $399 for GSR on the P3 than buy a standalone Pitch and Bat game.

I thought for sure this sentence was going to end with a comparison to topper prices (not that $399 even gets you a topper these days). Hell, you could cost justify just about anything if you compare it to what people pay for stupid toppers.

I'm not really sure why GSR is where I've chosen to put my foot down and "vote with my wallet," because I've certainly made many more frivolous and expensive purchases. I think as more great-value content comes out, the current GSR value prop won't age well. Just my opinion.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

*blush*

Fair, and probably the correct perspective. You can keep GSR overpriced if you promise to continue providing the most underpriced games on the market. Sorcerer's Apprentice was the fastest and most no-brainer $500 I've spent in pinball. Sorry Nick, now RitR is only the 2nd best bang for your buck on the P3. (So don't go lowering GSR as an excuse to raise other stuff. )

I thought for sure this sentence was going to end with a comparison to topper prices. Hell, you could cost justify just about anything if you compare it to what people pay for stupid toppers.
I'm not really sure why GSR is where I've chosen to put my foot down and "vote with my wallet," because I've certainly made many more frivolous and expensive purchases. I think as more great-value content comes out, the current GSR value prop won't age well. Just my opinion.

Grand Slam Rally and ROCs are the two I've held out on because of the price. I just don't think I would play them as often as SA or RITR. Its hard to beat RITR for 149.00!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

11,999 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/17?hl=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.