FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 73.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Look, dad... Thanks for your opinion.
This isn't a multimorphic problem. The fact that you think it is ... Is a problem.
Don't tell me what to do, Pops.

Seriously, what is your issue? Geez! The guy didn't roll in here calling the product a POS and telling Gerry he needed to fix his game. He humbly came in and said "if anyone might be able to help me with an issue on the Multimorphic P3-ROC..."

I literally don't understand why anyone would jump all over him for this. I've got a Full Throttle with an issue and since Heighway is out of business I'm gonna be humbly searching for help anywhere I can think of too.

What more logical place would there be for this guy to take a chance that someone might be able to help? Some of the bitching on this site is absolutely beyond me!

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Seriously, what is your issue? Geez! T

Let me spell it out since you guys can't seem to get it.
I have SERIOUS issues with this whole situation and don't' appreciate you guys calling me out like I'm being unreasonable.

First and foremost; this isn't a Multimorphic product... IT's a suncoast pinball problem.
It's not multimorphic's problem to resolve. It's not MM's responsibility to pick up the technical support for a failed company.
The person who made the request effectively came into a MM support thread effectively calling out the company expecting support.
That's wrong. Period.

If he wanted support from the community; he needed to keep it where it was in the cosmetic carnival thread. Instead he thought it was perfectly acceptable to come into an unrelated company and ask for support just because he thought he was entitled. Instead he was hoping to get support from someone who doesn't owe him a damn thing.

Now this part; I don't get... Suncoast never shipped official retail ... or maybe they did. So; Perhaps this guy effectively got a prototype unflippable machine for dirt cheap... and now expect a supplier to somehow make an exception for him and help him get the game functional - probably for free without Multimorphic reaping any benefit. MM isn't running a charity.

If any of you think this is "fair / ok" behavior... then well; wow.
Compy was already helping him as a "nice guy" in the thread... but since I know Compy as a personal friend; he would have done that anyway. It isn't cool tho to come into a "support" thread and expect it. It's wrong and if you don't see that - then you are part of the problem with the country these days. A sense of entitlement... Jeeze.

It's one thing to get help from the community or from specific people in an unofficial manner... but it's something completely different to effectively put Multimorphic in a no win scenario ... either they don't provide support and look bad... or they do and waste resources on a game they didn't produce. Suncoast bought a single board... probably at wholesale... and that "right of service" did not transfer to the end customer. It ended at Suncoast.

So; tell me to be quiet like that again!

Quoted from boagman:

If the OS was developed by Multimorphic,

That's a big IF. Do you have insider knowledge that MM helpped Suncoast. No... didn't think so.
Again; that right you speak of doesn't exist. It ended when Suncoast closed the doors.
Strong arming Multimorphic to provide support here... even asking, is the beginning of the end. Do you want MM to leave Pinside like all the others before them? Stern doesn't support publicly like this ... JJP took it to their own forums where they can censor it. So now; you want to chase MM off Pinside by supporting this entitled behavior?!

So If that wasn't the intention of the poster - then maybe he should apologize or clarify his intent. IF so; I'll back off my soap box that you guys put the spot light on.

#703 3 years ago

Jesus, dude. I never posted here expecting Multimorphic to help me in any capacity, and I certainly didn't call them out. Here's what I posted again:

Quoted from VALIS666:

Sorry for the off-topic, but there's not a lot of people around with knowledge of this system. If anyone might be able to help me with an issue on the Multimorphic P3-ROC on my Cosmic Carnival, I'd appreciate it! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/8#post-6199313

"If ANYONE might be able to help me" seeing as this is one of the few threads around here where there's bound to be people who are familiar with Multimorphic products. Not Multimorphic themselves, but fellow players/owners. If I thought Multimophic owed me anything or I wanted support from them directly, I'd have contacted them myself. The thought never crossed my mind that MM owed me support. All this shit you're angry about is entirely in your imagination. If you don't think so, then ask yourself why everyone else seems to understand my intentions except you?

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

If you don't think so, then ask yourself why everyone else seems to understand my intentions except you?

Classic deflection tactic. Did it ever occur to you that maybe people read you words and actions differently? I very much DID READ your "help" as calling Multimorphic out. I know if I was multimorphic; I would have exactly perceived your request as a direct request for support. I personally wouldn't want to be in that position... even if you didn't intend it.

Maybe perhaps; you might want to rethink how you tackle problems. Maybe post your own thread in general tech help instead of posting in a multimorphic thread.
You are damn lucky Compy has stepped up to help you. Count your blessings.

That said; maybe I did blow this out of proportion... but to have that one dude telling me to "be quiet" was disrespectful. It's good that he's hiding behind a keyboard.

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

maybe people read you words and actions differently?

People didn’t. You did. And you continue to be an ass about it. Time for you to stfu.

Quoted from Zitt:

to have that one dude telling me to "be quiet" was disrespectful. It's good that he's hiding behind a keyboard.

We’ve met in person John. I’m available any time you want to have a beer and sort this out.

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That's a big IF. Do you have insider knowledge that MM helpped Suncoast. No... didn't think so.
Again; that right you speak of doesn't exist. It ended when Suncoast closed the doors.
Strong arming Multimorphic to provide support here... even asking, is the beginning of the end. Do you want MM to leave Pinside like all the others before them? Stern doesn't support publicly like this ... JJP took it to their own forums where they can censor it. So now; you want to chase MM off Pinside by supporting this entitled behavior?!
So If that wasn't the intention of the poster - then maybe he should apologize or clarify his intent. IF so; I'll back off my soap box that you guys put the spot light on.

You have some *strange* definitions of what constitutes "strongarming" and such. The guy didn't claim that his pin was a Multimorphic product, but the pin does contain a Multimorphic OS product, and that's what he's asking for help with. I mean, he's *asking* for *help*. I don't see him *demanding* anything. I don't see him flinging garbage, calling names, making accusations...that's you, dude.

Again: nothing untoward has been said about Multimorphic here, at all. You seem to be trying to shove the guy asking for help into that box, though, and that seems patently unfair to these eyes. Take it for what it's worth, which I suppose isn't much at all. Just trying to help you see how you're coming off, here. Cheers.

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Jesus, dude. I never posted here expecting Multimorphic to help me in any capacity, and I certainly didn't call them out. Here's what I posted again:

"If ANYONE might be able to help me" seeing as this is one of the few threads around here where there's bound to be people who are familiar with Multimorphic products. Not Multimorphic themselves, but fellow players/owners. If I thought Multimophic owed me anything or I wanted support from them directly, I'd have contacted them myself. The thought never crossed my mind that MM owed me support. All this shit you're angry about is entirely in your imagination. If you don't think so, then ask yourself why everyone else seems to understand my intentions except you?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with your request for help. While the game technically wasn't a multimorphic title, it was still built using their products, so this thread was an appropriate place to try to get some assistance from people who might be familiar with those products.

So, I don't see what the problem with that was.

#708 3 years ago

I checked out the other thread and the description/pics. Looks like Compy and VALIS666 have determined the machine's computer isn't booting properly, so it's not even trying to communicate with the Multimorphic boards. The P3-ROC isn't the operating system; it's a USB slave device, programmed and controlled by whatever computer is in the machine. It handles the high-speed and low level control and interface to playfield features. Once software is running on the host, hopefully it will communicate with the P3-ROC and all will be well.

Now about that Heist software update...

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Playfield is already loaded in my game, looking forward to it!

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

So, I don't see what the problem with that was.

There's only one person that does.

I'd start clamoring about when we're going to see it, but then I remember I still have a survey to fill out.

#711 3 years ago

- Gerry

Wait a minute... you just snuck that in there

#712 3 years ago

Honestly, I like the arguing! Let’s get a Multimorphic thread flaming on the front page!

Your sports team sucks! Your regional bbq is inferior! Your city skyline lacks a certain je ne sais quoi!

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Honestly, I like the arguing! Your sports team sucks! Your regional bbq is inferior! Your city skyline lacks a certain je ne sais quoi!

Pfft. Amateur.

"Donald Trump wuz robbed!"

"Donald Trump iz tha Antichrist!"

Your move, Jimmy.

#714 3 years ago

Ok, that’s the bad kind of arguing.

Anyone got any kitten pics?

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Ok, that’s the bad kind of arguing.
Anyone got any kitten pics?

Yeah, but it's bad arguing from *both sides*, so it's OK!!!

#716 3 years ago

I'm done arguing... Why? Because one dude tells me to shut the duck up... And I get moderated.
I get accused of calling people names when in fact I made it a point of not doing that ... Unless elitist is a name.

I better stop there because you know... The mods have spoken

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I get accused of calling people names when in fact I made it a point of not doing that ...

"Dad". "Pops".

Is this "Short-Term Memory Retention Issues Theater"? Because I'm *down*!!!!!

#718 3 years ago

So how about that Heist update ?

#719 3 years ago

Hey guys, I needed a way to store playfields under a pin from the front. I created a thin, "half-frame" caddy storing the playfields length-wise that barely clears the legs but does work. I used scrap wood I had, so not pretty. The playfield sits on a bottom 2x4 and the metal ball guides sit on a thin wood rail at the front. Like I said, it is thin enough (width-wise) to fit between the legs at the front (barely). Couple things...Notches in the 4x4s so that trough chutes and plastics can slide in the notches; got to be careful with the playfield bottom sitting on the bottom 2x4 so no wires or boards are crimped or touched by the caddy frame; it's balanced so the playfields don't tip over; the supporting metal ball guide support piece needs to be sturdy (I used a piece of oak); used carpet sliders.

Slightly different approach that works for me, but may not work for everyone. Thought I'd share.

playfieldcaddy (resized).jpgplayfieldcaddy (resized).jpgplayfieldcaddy2 (resized).jpgplayfieldcaddy2 (resized).jpg
#720 3 years ago

TJ at Multimorphic had a suggestion. There are only two screws attaching the metal ball guides to the horizontal playfield wood. He suggested adding some further support under the playfield wood to reduce the weight on that front rail just to be safe. It would be easy to add a couple more wood pieces to support the underside of the front playfield or move the front rail under there. Good idea TJ!

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

It would be easy to add a couple more wood pieces to support the underside of the front playfield

There should be a black metal playfield stiffener on the bottom side in the front. A couple vertical 2x4s with notches for that to sit in might be good.

#722 3 years ago

I just swung by SevenEightyRacer 's house and played P3.... I'm not sure how I tilted Heist as the cab never moved... damn it. heist was sooooooo fun, awesome, and addicting. But out of no where ranger in the ruins , that damn game had me pushing start OVER AND OVER. I didn't get to spend more than 2 games on cosmic kart and lexi, which sucks but Yup.... need to sell this ac/dc so I can join this club

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just swung by SevenEightyRacer 's house and played P3.... I'm not sure how I tilted Heist as the cab never moved... damn it. heist was sooooooo fun, awesome, and addicting. But out of no where ranger in the ruins , that damn game had me pushing start OVER AND OVER. I didn't get to spend more than 2 games on cosmic kart and lexi, which sucks but Yup.... need to sell this ac/dc so I can join this club

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm inclined to agree, Heist has set a high bar, and IMO the #2 game on the P3 is definitely RitR. Haven't played Lexi, but my understanding is that as you get farther into the game, the modes and action gets better and better. Multimorphic made a smart move putting a lot of that stuff more up front with Heist.

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Nice! Like to hear it. I've come very close to buying one of these twice before, but in the end just couldn't pull the trigger because I need to play it. I don't need to play the latest from the big 4, you know roughly how they'll play, but it's hard to sink +$10K into this without getting a feel. I hope someone brings one to Pintastic this fall.

#726 3 years ago

Curious if anyone's considered adding light diffusers to the CCR ramps ? I wanted to get that "Tron" look, but EL wire isn't addressable anyway, so I figured I might try some opaque tape at first, just to get an idea.

Hey Gerry how come there aren't any 3D models of the CCR cars? I'd love to splatter them all over the game

#727 3 years ago

You all are going to make me blush! Thank you! Great way to start my weekend (of programming my next game).

#728 3 years ago

Just had a first while playing lights out multi-ball in Lexi. Cleared all the lights, multi-ball began, started racking up points then the words CHEATER came across the screen with a voice over screaming cheater out loud.....then the flippers died. I lost all balls and it went back to the main screen.

Anyone know what the hell happened?

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Hmmm...sounds like you were cheating.

#730 3 years ago

Lexy has some glass off detection enabled in the tilt menu. For some reason you have something it's detecting on the screen when it shouldn't or similar. You can turn this off in settings or go into diagnostics and view the opto pattern on the screen to see where it thinks the problem might be.

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Just had a first while playing lights out multi-ball in Lexi. Cleared all the lights, multi-ball began, started racking up points then the words CHEATER came across the screen with a voice over screaming cheater out loud.....then the flippers died. I lost all balls and it went back to the main screen.

What "main screen" did it go back to? LL-EE attract mode or the Launcher carousel? Sounds like some kind of crash. If it happens again, we'd love to see a log. (System Manager -> Manage Apps -> LL-EE -> Dump logs to USB. Then send us the P3Logs/Multimorphic, Inc/LL-EE/Player.log file)

- Gerry

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm inclined to agree, Heist has set a high bar, and IMO the #2 game on the P3 is definitely RitR. Haven't played Lexi, but my understanding is that as you get farther into the game, the modes and action gets better and better. Multimorphic made a smart move putting a lot of that stuff more up front with Heist.

Glad to hear you're loving Heist and RitR!

LL-EE actually makes almost everything available to you right away... 1 shot to start modes, 1 shot to start alien attacks, 4 shots to start agent MB, etc. You can use the yellow buttons to select whichever mode you want to play next too.

Lights Out MB take time to set up, but pretty much everything else is available right away.

- Gerry

#733 3 years ago

What "main screen" did it go back to? LL-EE attract mode or the Launcher carousel? Sounds like some kind of crash. If it happens again, we'd love to see a log. (System Manager -> Manage Apps -> LL-EE -> Dump logs to USB. Then send us the P3Logs/Multimorphic, Inc/LL-EE/Player.log file)
- Gerry

Hey Gerry! I don't think it was an error - it killed lights out MB (flippers died, balls drained) and then went back to the main LL-EE game screen to the next ball. I continued playing the same game after it happened. Just not quite sure what set off the "CHEATER" alarm?!

#734 3 years ago

Um, yes please!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#735 3 years ago

I like how 'soon' is in quotes.

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Um, yes please![quoted image]

Yeah, I cannot wait to see the new pf and music/theme/mechs.... waiting succkkkkks :-p I'll just watch your streams of p3 until then

#737 3 years ago

Wondering if there's anyone in my (Wash. DC) area who's got a Lexy and would do a temp trade for CCR? (or host a couple games) I just wanted to try LL out.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Um, yes please![quoted image]

Can anyone tell me where in the podcast this discussion is? I jumped around and found a discussion about Scott getting a P3, but they didn't mention his involvement in an upcoming game. I've heard lots of Scott on other podcasts talking about TNA, etc., so I didn't really plan on listening to the full 2+ hours. But I'd love to hear what he says about his P3 involvement.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can anyone tell me where in the podcast this discussion is? I jumped around and found a discussion about Scott getting a P3, but they didn't mention his involvement in an upcoming game. I've heard lots of Scott on other podcasts talking about TNA, etc., so I didn't really plan on listening to the full 2+ hours. But I'd love to hear what he says about his P3 involvement.

I don’t have the time stamp, but it was at/near the end

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah it’s at the end of the show, last question of the interview.

1 week later
#741 3 years ago

So we’re back. Wondering when we might see the Heist update?

#742 3 years ago

Just dropped today!

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Just dropped today!

Heist Update?

1 week later
#745 3 years ago

Dear P3 enthusiasts,
We are looking for a programmer to join our team. We are a small group of hobbyists working on an upper-playfield module and game for the P3 pinball platform. We have a game concept, upper module design, ruleset, some artwork and software. We have completed our first whitewood and are about to commence making the second. We are currently working on this without any kind of financial reward but we do have a view towards taking our module to production when it is ready. Some Unity experience would be preferred. Please message me for further information if you are interested.

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Dear P3 enthusiasts,
We are looking for a programmer to join our team. We are a small group of hobbyists working on an upper-playfield module and game for the P3 pinball platform. We have a game concept, upper module design, ruleset, some artwork and software. We have completed our first whitewood and are about to commence making the second. We are currently working on this without any kind of financial reward but we do have a view towards taking our module to production when it is ready. Some Unity experience would be preferred. Please message me for further information if you are interested.

I can't wait to see what you have cooking!

itmoved (resized).jpgitmoved (resized).jpg
#747 3 years ago

Just put up the website for my next game for the P3... inching closer to release. Any detectives out there that can sniff out the domain?

If you think you know it, PM me and I'll send you a small prize if you're correct.

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Just put up the website for my next game for the P3... inching closer to release. Any detectives out there that can sniff out the domain?
If you think you know it, PM me and I'll send you a small prize if you're correct.

I can't think of what it is! Excited to see what it will be!

1 month later
#749 2 years ago

Been wanting to do an overview video on the P3 for a while now and finally did it this week! Just uploaded to YouTube:

#750 2 years ago

Excellent video, Kevin (and thanks for the shout out)! Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
11,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/15?hl=timmmmyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.