BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 73.
#551 3 years ago

Looks like potentially two problems:

1) Why is the playfield lower than the aluminum block? The front tab of the playfield is what's locked in place by the latch. That should hold the playfield exactly level with the aluminum block unless the tab isn't flush with the playfield anymore. That's probably what happened in @bingopodcast's case if the nut holding the rail in place fell off. If you remove the ball and take some detailed pics of the interface between the front edge of the playfield and the latch, we might be able to see what the issue is.

2) Why doesn't ball search run. Best guess is your touchscreen playfield area is seeing grid activity. Go into Diagnostics -> Ball Tracking and see if any lines are blinking sporadically. If so, there could be something partially blocking an opto transmitter or receiver (you can swivel down the front door and look underneath the hanging mechanisms to see if there's a good gap between the playfield surface and the lowest parts of the hanging mechs/cables/etc). Otherwise, maybe the ball tracking timing needs a tweak (from memory, I think it's Settings -> Mechs -> BallTracking).

If these answers don't lead you to solutions, feel free to email us directly at [email protected], and we can dig in and then follow up here with the solutions.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I had that issue with the Heist playfield after removing and installing it many times. The issue was a nut on the far left side front of the playfield module had fallen off in one of the removal/replacements, which caused it to sag a small fraction. Replacing the nut fixed it for me.
If that doesn't do the trick for you, does it do it for other modules? If so, then there is a wiki document detailing how to relevel scoops/walls that might help.
As to other issues, can you post what they might be? If ball is not diverting properly you may have a blown fuse on the PD-16.
You may wish to open support tickets for your issues - I've had very good response time from MM regarding issues. Faster than I am able to actually address, in most cases.

Thanks Nick, I will check on that nut you mentioned. I don’t have any other playfields to test them unfortunately.

MM support is amazing! Every issue I’ve had (which were fairly few, and at least one was self-inflicted) they had a tutorial ready to go, and everything well explained and easy to adjust. Just happened to be on here while standing in front of the machine so I posted. The ball search not kicking off is a bit annoying; not sure what the story is on that. I’ve had a number of unrecoverable bugs lately, where the game just stops responding. One was when starting the Demolition/Explosives mode - the game got confused and never kicked out a ball, and I’ve had one or two other showstoppers where I had to reset the game.

Even so, I play Heist almost every night! Great game, hoping to see some updates eventually

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Looks like potentially two problems:
1) Why is the playfield lower than the aluminum block? The front tab of the playfield is what's locked in place by the latch. That should hold the playfield exactly level with the aluminum block unless the tab isn't flush with the playfield anymore. That's probably what happened in bingopodcast's case if the nut holding the rail in place fell off. If you remove the ball and take some detailed pics of the interface between the front edge of the playfield and the latch, we might be able to see what the issue is.
2) Why doesn't ball search run. Best guess is your touchscreen playfield area is seeing grid activity. Go into Diagnostics -> Ball Tracking and see if any lines are blinking sporadically. If so, there could be something partially blocking an opto transmitter or receiver (you can swivel down the front door and look underneath the hanging mechanisms to see if there's a good gap between the playfield surface and the lowest parts of the hanging mechs/cables/etc). Otherwise, maybe the ball tracking timing needs a tweak (from memory, I think it's Settings -> Mechs -> BallTracking).
If these answers don't lead you to solutions, feel free to email us directly at [email protected], and we can dig in and then follow up here with the solutions.
- Gerry

Thanks Gerry, just saw this. I will take a look at the ball tracking! Haven’t had to remove the playfield in a while so I’ll check how it’s sitting on that rail. So much to still learn about these games and the platform!

#554 3 years ago

Hey P3 Owners. New to the club! Just took delivery on my new machine with Lexi, Heist and CCR. Spent a week+ on Heist before even cracking open Lexi. Been everything i could have asked for up to this point - especially with a bit of help from Gerry on a small issue with my Heist crane. Talk about some incredible customer service!!

I've got a question - pretty sure it's not a PF issue, but rather a "new user" issue. On Lexi, roughly 75% of my attempts up the left ramp fail. Almost seems as if there's something slowing the ball down. Then, when not trying, it flies up with ease. Is there a lock you need to clear before you can access the ramp? I see the arrow colors on the left ramp switch between blue and red, but have never figured it out. Does the color of the arrow matter? Typically make 1 alien attack/game if i'm lucky - but actually had a game with 5 attacks. Don't know what the hell i did to achieve that.

Appreciate any feedback from those with more experience.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Hey P3 Owners. New to the club! Just took delivery on my new machine with Lexi, Heist and CCR. Spent a week+ on Heist before even cracking open Lexi. Been everything i could have asked for up to this point - especially with a bit of help from Gerry on a small issue with my Heist crane. Talk about some incredible customer service!!
I've got a question - pretty sure it's not a PF issue, but rather a "new user" issue. On Lexi, roughly 75% of my attempts up the left ramp fail. Almost seems as if there's something slowing the ball down. Then, when not trying, it flies up with ease. Is there a lock you need to clear before you can access the ramp? I see the arrow colors on the left ramp switch between blue and red, but have never figured it out. Does the color of the arrow matter? Typically make 1 alien attack/game if i'm lucky - but actually had a game with 5 attacks. Don't know what the hell i did to achieve that.

Welcome to the club! Looking at getting a new playfield eventually - sounds like I can't go wrong with either Lexy or CCR!

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Welcome to the club! Looking at getting a new playfield eventually - sounds like I can't go wrong with either Lexy or CCR!

Definitely both great options. If I had to pick only one playfield, it would be tough. I think Lexy is one of the most underrated pinball games available (not just P3). It's probably my favorite P3 game. Mode-based gameplay where each mode feels totally different and uses all the different P3 tech. Also has an AFM-like kill the aliens track. If it was game vs. game against just CCR, I'd pick Lexy hands down.

BUT...

The CCR playfield offers up a lot of fun beyond just the base game. CCR 2.0 is a huge improvement over the initial release. Career mode is the CCR bread-and-butter at this point, and the Arcade mode (racing only) is a fun break, which also includes the online racing option for when someone organizes a race party.

On top of that, the CCR playfield has Ranger in the Ruins which is a basic game, but it's the best bang for the buck on the P3.

And...a little birdy has hinted that there may be more fun to come for the CCR playfield.

So, Lexy has one killer mode-based game. CCR has a variety of fun non-mode-based games.

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

I've got a question - pretty sure it's not a PF issue, but rather a "new user" issue. On Lexi, roughly 75% of my attempts up the left ramp fail. Almost seems as if there's something slowing the ball down. Then, when not trying, it flies up with ease. Is there a lock you need to clear before you can access the ramp?

There is no lock or anything in front of the ramp. Issues hitting the ramp smoothly are pretty much always due to the ball catching air and bouncing up the ramp. There's a 'ceiling' plastic to help funnel it up the ramp. A few people have added spacers so the ball has a bit more freedom, but if the ball rolls smoothly over the playfield transition, you shouldn't need to do anything with the ramp.

There are two playfield scoops in front of it, one more on the left side of the entrance and one more to the right. If some shots go up smoothly and others don't, maybe one scoop (or wall) is more flush with the playfield surface than the other?

Quoted from Goyomex:

I see the arrow colors on the left ramp switch between blue and red, but have never figured it out. Does the color of the arrow matter? Typically make 1 alien attack/game if i'm lucky - but actually had a game with 5 attacks. Don't know what the hell i did to achieve that.

If you start an alien attack when the ramp arrow is red, it's a normal attack. It will light one of the four alien targets blue for a hurry-up insta-kill shot.
If you start an alien attack when the ramp arrow is blue, it will light all four targets blue for an insta-kill shot.

If you combo the right ramp, left ramp, it'll light the targets blue again. Definitely get good at doing that.

- Gerry

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Definitely both great options. If I had to pick only one playfield, it would be tough. I think Lexy is one of the most underrated pinball games available (not just P3). It's probably my favorite P3 game. Mode-based gameplay where each mode feels totally different and uses all the different P3 tech. Also has an AFM-like kill the aliens track. If it was game vs. game against just CCR, I'd pick Lexy hands down.
BUT...
The CCR playfield offers up a lot of fun beyond just the base game. CCR 2.0 is a huge improvement over the initial release. Career mode is the CCR bread-and-butter at this point, and the Arcade mode (racing only) is a fun break, which also includes the online racing option for when someone organizes a race party.
On top of that, the CCR playfield has Ranger in the Ruins which is a basic game, but it's the best bang for the buck on the P3.
And...a little birdy has hinted that there may be more fun to come for the CCR playfield.
So, Lexy has one killer mode-based game. CCR has a variety of fun non-mode-based games.

That did not help!!!

#559 3 years ago

I’ve been struggling with this decision as well. Both modules have their attraction. I know simple solution is get both, which I plan on in time. Rebelguitars and others have me leaning towards Lexy.

#560 3 years ago

There is no lock or anything in front of the ramp. Issues hitting the ramp smoothly are pretty much always due to the ball catching air and bouncing up the ramp.

Dammit Gerry - not the answer I wanted. Guess I need to get back down to the basement and practice my left ramp attack. I'll check the scoops and walls as well. And thanks for the guidance on the alien attack arrows. So many great layers to get to know with Lexi!

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That did not help!!!

Lol, not to complicate your decision, but you have to give serious consideration to Heist (if you don't already have it). Amazing - and incredibly challenging - game play. Can't get my family off the machine when Heist is installed!

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That did not help!!!

Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I’ve been struggling with this decision as well. Both modules have their attraction. I know simple solution is get both, which I plan on in time. Rebelguitars and others have me leaning towards Lexy.

I'd pick based on your desired playstyle.

Lexy is a mode-based game. The modes are fun and HUGELY diverse. One mode raises the walls and is all about hitting virtual targets with the ball, then moving to the next room through an open scoop. Super fun. Another mode kills the flipper hold, so you can't trap balls. It's just rapid-fire target shooting. It also has the alien attack ladder, which has an AFM (shoot the middle) vibe to it, and it has a physical 8-ball lock. Really fun to try loading up the entire saucer for the 8-ball. But good luck keeping them all going if you do.

The multiball is a fun risk-reward because you kill(?) more agents per jackpot with more balls in play, so not cashing in on 2- or 3-ball multi can make a big difference. Given that the saucer shot (where you start multiball) is one of the easiest in the game, it has you actively trying to avoid the gimme shot to try and light more locks. Because, if you don't get all the agents in multiball, each subsequent multiball requires more hits to light the lock, so there's definitely some strategy on how/when to go for it.

The CCR playfield is all about flow. Seriously, Steve Ritchie ain't got nothin' on how this layout flows. Really fun, but almost no stop-and-go, so you need to like that style. All current games on this playfield take advantage of the layout by not really having modes, or anything that would require the ball to stop for long. CCR Career mode has the shop where you can upgrade your cart, but honestly, I just quickly click through it and get back to the action. Namely, because I don't think this is implemented all that well. I never have enough money, and when I do, I spend it on race entry fees. I've never felt hampered by not upgrading my cart. I also don't feel like the character you select matters much, even though they have moderately different stats. When I hit shots, I win races. When I'm bricking, I don't. Cart stats (starting or upgrades) aren't very noticeable to me, and I'm honestly not sure if I wish they were or not. I guess I probably wish money was more plentiful (jobs paid more) and upgrading carts was more necessary. Until then, I don't worry about it. Just let her rip. Playfield can also lock 3 balls magnetically on the ramp. Way cool!

And I can't state enough that EVERY owner of a CCR playfield needs to own RitR. It's just a mini-game (sorta), but the vibe and music are so perfectly implemented. It's a 1-ball game (at least by default) so it's quick and fun. It's all about finding and discovering new items. This is the only game where I have purposely avoided watching anything streamed because I didn't want to spoil figuring out the various items. Super fun.

So, TOTALLY different types of layout and style of games. Hopefully there will be some software-only games on the Lexy playfield as well, but either way, prioritize based on how you like to play. Modes, and risk-reward multiball - or fast flow for days.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

I had this problem. It was the ball jumping and hitting the airball protector on the ramp. Look at the front of the machine and make sure the 2 metal tabs that lock the lower mech flap in place are flush. For me they were not and the flap was loose causing the acrylic playfield to slide about 3mm below the scoops. This caused the jumping. A pair of pliers was all it took to bend the flaps down ever so slightly to adjust. It took about a year for me to figure it out. May not be your problem, but it was mine. I can provide pictures if necessary.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I had this problem. It was the ball jumping and hitting the airball protector on the ramp. Look at the front of the machine and make sure the 2 metal tabs that lock the lower mech flap in place are flush. For me they were not and the flap was loose causing the acrylic playfield to slide about 3mm below the scoops. This caused the jumping. A pair of pliers was all it took to bend the flaps down ever so slightly to adjust. It took about a year for me to figure it out. May not be your problem, but it was mine. I can provide pictures if necessary.

Thanks Crile1 !! Great input. I'd welcome a picture or two when you have a moment.

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Lol, not to complicate your decision, but you have to give serious consideration to Heist (if you don't already have it). Amazing - and incredibly challenging - game play. Can't get my family off the machine when Heist is installed!

Already have Heist

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'd pick based on your desired playstyle.
Lexy is a mode-based game. The modes are fun and HUGELY diverse. One mode raises the walls and is all about hitting virtual targets with the ball, then moving to the next room through an open scoop. Super fun. Another mode kills the flipper hold, so you can't trap balls. It's just rapid-fire target shooting. It also has the alien attack ladder, which has an AFM (shoot the middle) vibe to it, and it has a physical 8-ball lock. Really fun to try loading up the entire saucer for the 8-ball. But good luck keeping them all going if you do.
The multiball is a fun risk-reward because you kill(?) more agents per jackpot with more balls in play, so not cashing in on 2- or 3-ball multi can make a big difference. Given that the saucer shot (where you start multiball) is one of the easiest in the game, it has you actively trying to avoid the gimme shot to try and light more locks. Because, if you don't get all the agents in multiball, each subsequent multiball requires more hits to light the lock, so there's definitely some strategy on how/when to go for it.
The CCR playfield is all about flow. Seriously, Steve Ritchie ain't got nothin' on how this layout flows. Really fun, but almost no stop-and-go, so you need to like that style. All current games on this playfield take advantage of the layout by not really having modes, or anything that would require the ball to stop for long. CCR Career mode has the shop where you can upgrade your cart, but honestly, I just quickly click through it and get back to the action. Namely, because I don't think this is implemented all that well. I never have enough money, and when I do, I spend it on race entry fees. I've never felt hampered by not upgrading my cart. I also don't feel like the character you select matters much, even though they have moderately different stats. When I hit shots, I win races. When I'm bricking, I don't. Cart stats (starting or upgrades) aren't very noticeable to me, and I'm honestly not sure if I wish they were or not. I guess I probably wish money was more plentiful (jobs paid more) and upgrading carts was more necessary. Until then, I don't worry about it. Just let her rip. Playfield can also lock 3 balls magnetically on the ramp. Way cool!
And I can't state enough that EVERY owner of a CCR playfield needs to own RitR. It's just a mini-game (sorta), but the vibe and music are so perfectly implemented. It's a 1-ball game (at least by default) so it's quick and fun. It's all about finding and discovering new items. This is the only game where I have purposely avoided watching anything streamed because I didn't want to spoil figuring out the various items. Super fun.
So, TOTALLY different types of layout and style of games. Hopefully there will be some software-only games on the Lexy playfield as well, but either way, prioritize based on how you like to play. Modes, and risk-reward multiball - or fast flow for days.

Ok, I think you finally convinced me! Most of my games are stop-and-go, and even though I try to play Heist with a lot of flow - I have a really hard time controlling the ball in that game - it's more of a stop-and-go as well.

And I think I have a version of RitR waiting for me anyway from Nick's original release, so that pretty much seals the deal!

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I can't state enough that EVERY owner of a CCR playfield needs to own RitR.

Very hard to argue with this statement.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And I think I have a version of RitR waiting for me

Thank you both! Don't forget to build a new version of RITR to get access to the wizard mode and new items! Cheeks if you haven't already, I nerfed the base high item scores in RITR, which are used as part of the new features in the game, so be sure to reset your high score tables to defaults... (sorry in advance, but I think you'll enjoy it!).

#568 3 years ago

Crile1 - I think you nailed it. Is this what you're talking about? My front clips are misaligned - the left one isn't closing fully to the metal tab.

Also, it appears my playfield is slightly off center. The base of the PF is positioned to the far left - not much room between the PF and the side of the cabinet on the left, plenty of space on the right side of the cabinet.

Lexi Pic (resized).jpgLexi Pic (resized).jpg
#569 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

crile1 - I think you nailed it. Is this what you're talking about? My front clips are misaligned - the left one isn't closing fully to the metal tab.
Also, it appears my playfield is slightly off center. The base of the PF is positioned to the far left - not much room between the PF and the side of the cabinet on the left, plenty of space on the right side of the cabinet.
[quoted image]

No, he's actually talking about tabs that set the height of the upper playfield module in comparison to the scoops/walls. Look at your upper playfield and see the relative heights of the following:

-upper playfield
-walls
-scoops
-metal blocks at the sides of the playfield (next to the scoops)

All of these should be essentially the same height, and there are a few means of adjusting things depending on what you find.

#570 3 years ago

As great as Heist is, I've been having a blast with Lexy. And wow, RITR is super fun! I hope bingopodcast keeps developing games for the P3.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

crile1 - I think you nailed it. Is this what you're talking about? My front clips are misaligned - the left one isn't closing fully to the metal tab.
[quoted image]

The issue is the left clip is not engaging. That is exactly what happened to mine.

1. Take off glass
2. Put playfield in position 1 (you don't have to remove upper playfield or balls
3. Un-clamp metal front (it is in a hinge and swings down
4. Push acrylic playfield all the way up
5. Put metal hinge back and see if it will latch completely. If not, adjust the left tab until it does with pliers
6. Put everything back and play on!

If you need help with first position, go to P3 youtube channel. They have videos.
16141227310498257638505566302722 (resized).jpg16141227310498257638505566302722 (resized).jpg16141227467633308681938232271591 (resized).jpg16141227467633308681938232271591 (resized).jpg418b6b3d757d086df50201e7ea79d4832a955932 (resized).jpg418b6b3d757d086df50201e7ea79d4832a955932 (resized).jpg

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quoted from Cheeks:

No, he's actually talking about tabs that set the height of the upper playfield module in comparison to the scoops/walls. Look at your upper playfield and see the relative heights of the following:
-upper playfield
-walls
-scoops
-metal blocks at the sides of the playfield (next to the scoops)
All of these should be essentially the same height, and there are a few means of adjusting things depending on what you find.

Reading is a skill and I should try it once in a while.

I had problems with the ball hopping and not making the ramps. Occasionally it would sort of spin in place right on the metal ramp entrance flap. My issue had to do with playfield module height relative to the rest of the lower playfield items. Sorry for the off-topic troubleshooting if this had nothing to do with your symptoms. That said, my post is still relevant for others that have airball problems. I had to go through a series of adjustments to get the upper, lower, walls, and scoops into alignment.

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I had problems with the ball hopping and not making the ramps. Occasionally it would sort of spin in place right on the metal ramp entrance flap. My issue had to do with playfield module height relative to the rest of the lower playfield items. Sorry for the off-topic troubleshooting if this had nothing to do with your symptoms. That said, my post is still relevant for others that have airball problems. I had to go through a series of adjustments to get the upper, lower, walls, and scoops into alignment.

No problem. So many crazy things can happen with these games. So many parts! If my comment helps even one person, I am happy. Been helped out soooo many times on Pinside with my games by searching the forums. That is the good side of Pinside.

#574 3 years ago

FINALLY! I finally collected a jewel after a Heist. Man, I have choked on that shot so many times. Just the amethyst, but now the pressure is off. "Sweet sassi-molassi!"

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

FINALLY! I finally collected a jewel after a Heist. Man, I have choked on that shot so many times. Just the amethyst, but now the pressure is off. "Sweet sassi-molassi!"

Wow! I still suck at this game so badly, I can barely START a heist, even on 5-ball.

Questions though:
- does the game ever award extra balls?
- do the jewels and MacGuffins do anything in game other than points?
- any updates on the horizon?

I've had a couple of game lock-ups (twice had to shut the game down), and a couple other bugs - one time I started the Demo guy's mode and no balls ever released, it just kept cycling the mode start up music - after about 10 minutes I shut the game down. Never happened since though.

One gameplay bug in particular is that in finishing the Demolition guy's mode, the ball drains from the pops but the scoop always blocks the ball, so I can never collect his MacGuffin. That one happens a *lot*

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow! I still suck at this game so badly, I can barely START a heist, even on 5-ball.

I had it on 5 ball for the first week or two. Once I got the shots and nudging down, I went back to 3 ball. 5 ball was just too long. I did install the center post (needed it for Lexy...super deep game) and closed the outlanes just a smidge. Not sure about the extra balls. And completed Demo for first time tonight. My pops are a bit weak, which I have read is a problem. Need to adjust the switch to make it more sensitive. That may be your problem. I've had a ball hang up in the pop skirt before. That would delay ball coming down. Something to think about.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Lol, no worries Cheeks. Appreciate your help and that of Criles1 as well. Fixed the front panel issue by loosening the apron plate and adjusting the spring pin tension. Then aligned it a bit better with the front panel hole. Think i fixed the issue. Plexiglass isn't sliding. Going to loosen the air ball protector tomorrow - still getting a few rejected ramp shots (well, more than i should be getting). Thanks again for the assist.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I had it on 5 ball for the first week or two. Once I got the shots and nudging down, I went back to 3 ball. 5 ball was just too long. I did install the center post (needed it for Lexy...super deep game) and closed the outlanes just a smidge. Not sure about the extra balls. And completed Demo for first time tonight. My pops are a bit weak, which I have read is a problem. Need to adjust the switch to make it more sensitive. That may be your problem. I've had a ball hang up in the pop skirt before. That would delay ball coming down. Something to think about.

Thanks! I have a number of things I need to adjust, but just don't have time right now. I try to play at least a couple of games every day - usually Heist is the only game I turn on!

#579 3 years ago

Honestly; I think everybody but that hack gstellenberg can't get a decent score on any of these P3 games. I've often accuse him of hacking the games... then I remember I watched him kick the sh*t out of AFM's "Rule The Universe" and I just walked away in awe.
That said; I'm very bad... so bad that Multimorphic threatened to name the "pity bonus" after me.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Questions though:
- does the game ever award extra balls?
- do the jewels and MacGuffins do anything in game other than points?
- any updates on the horizon?
I've had a couple of game lock-ups (twice had to shut the game down), and a couple other bugs - one time I started the Demo guy's mode and no balls ever released, it just kept cycling the mode start up music - after about 10 minutes I shut the game down. Never happened since though.
One gameplay bug in particular is that in finishing the Demolition guy's mode, the ball drains from the pops but the scoop always blocks the ball, so I can never collect his MacGuffin. That one happens a *lot*

The current code does not have extra balls.

Jewels are just points. MGs are points and will provide advantages in wizard mode.

We're working on a major update that will include this 'wizard mode', which is pretty much an entire second game. Because this wasn't in the original release, we made it fairly difficult to collect all of the characters. When the new release is out, we'll make it easier to qualify and break characters out of jail. We're not publicly guessing when the release will be out, but we have a team of people working on it. It will easily be the deepest and best thematically integrated 'wizard mode' ever in pinball.

Please submit logs for any weird occurrences, like the lockups and non-launching DemoMan mode. Next time you're in attract mode, please make sure to change the setting Info -> Logging Level to All (safe to do in home environments, we default it to less verbose for locations). Then the next time an issue occurs, please exit the game (or power cycle), go to System Manager -> Manage software/apps -> Heist -> Copy Logs to USB. Then send us the Player.log file from P3Logs/Multimorphic, Inc./Heist.

The logs are incredibly helpful when looking for issues like lockups that we haven't been able to reproduce here.

- Gerry

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I hope bingopodcast keeps developing games for the P3.

Just saw this, and I wanted to say thank you for this comment. And you don't have to worry - I have so many ideas rolling around that I should be busy for quite some time.

In fact, the one that's closest to release uses the Heist module... and I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along. Hopefully you will be too, once it releases.

#582 3 years ago

Just saw this, and I wanted to say thank you for this comment. And you don't have to worry - I have so many ideas rolling around that I should be busy for quite some time.
In fact, the one that's closest to release uses the Heist module... and I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along. Hopefully you will be too, once it releases.

Feel free to use me for any beta testing.

#583 3 years ago

The current code does not have extra balls.
Jewels are just points. MGs are points and will provide advantages in wizard mode.
We're working on a major update that will include this 'wizard mode', which is pretty much an entire second game. Because this wasn't in the original release, we made it fairly difficult to collect all of the characters. When the new release is out, we'll make it easier to qualify and break characters out of jail. We're not publicly guessing when the release will be out, but we have a team of people working on it. It will easily be the deepest and best thematically integrated 'wizard mode' ever in pinball.
Please submit logs for any weird occurrences, like the lockups and non-launching DemoMan mode. Next time you're in attract mode, please make sure to change the setting Info -> Logging Level to All (safe to do in home environments, we default it to less verbose for locations). Then the next time an issue occurs, please exit the game (or power cycle), go to System Manager -> Manage software/apps -> Heist -> Copy Logs to USB. Then send us the Player.log file from P3Logs/Multimorphic, Inc./Heist.
The logs are incredibly helpful when looking for issues like lockups that we haven't been able to reproduce here.
- Gerry

Psyched to hear more about this ultimate wizard mode!

I'm glad to hear there will be some changes to earning the characters - the game IS pretty hard. It seems like a nice balance would be between not being TOO easy where it's boring, and not being a Flash Gordon type game where you're wondering "wait, that was ball THREE ALREADY!?"

Can do, will do re: logs.

One other suggestion from the family was about starting multiballs - Both police multiball and Crane multiball are pretty tough to start - maybe one or the other could be a bit easier? I seem to recall that in Hobbit, you can start Smaug multiball multiple times, and it remembers where you are. Perhaps this is a way to go with Crane -make it easier to start but harder to complete. (yeah I know, easy for me to say!)

Also, my kid pointed out that he was expecting Police multiball to have different, "intense" (my word) music starting when the sirens do.

#584 3 years ago

It will easily be the deepest and best thematically integrated 'wizard mode' ever in pinball.

#585 3 years ago

Has any Heist owner removed their coin door and installed a safe? I always thought that would be a cool mod.

#586 3 years ago

This Heist update sounds incredible. Can’t wait!

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

One other suggestion from the family was about starting multiballs - Both police multiball and Crane multiball are pretty tough to start - maybe one or the other could be a bit easier?

Isn't starting crane multiball about collecting enough money? There are already settings for changing the volume and value of the dollar bills, which I think I was the impetus behind. I wanted aiming for the bills to be more purposeful. I think a few high value bills is more fun than a cloud of cheap bills. It forces you to aim for the bills when they're there versus knowing your ball will roll over most of them and the rest aren't valuable enough to risk shooting for. Heist doesn't really use virtual targets much, so this seemed like a way to incorporate it into the gameplay a bit more.

That said, you could crank up the volume and value of money to be whatever you want to make crane easier to start.

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Isn't starting crane multiball about collecting enough money? There are already settings for changing the volume and value of the dollar bills, which I think I was the impetus behind. I wanted aiming for the bills to be more purposeful. I think a few high value bills is more fun than a cloud of cheap bills. It forces you to aim for the bills when they're there versus knowing your ball will roll over most of them and the rest aren't valuable enough to risk shooting for. Heist doesn't really use virtual targets much, so this seemed like a way to incorporate it into the gameplay a bit more.
That said, you could crank up the volume and value of money to be whatever you want to make crane easier to start.

Aah, I seem to have overlooked those settings. VERY good idea with the multiple values - adds another layer to the concept. Thanks!

I have noticed in studying CCR and Lexy that the virtual targets are far more in use in those games - that's not a knock, as I think Heist has a good balance with what could be overwhelming with too much going on in the playfield - but it is an interesting difference.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Has any Heist owner removed their coin door and installed a safe? I always thought that would be a cool mod.

MOD OPPORTUNITY!!

(heaviest mod ever!)

#590 3 years ago

I am so excited for the new Heist code, new second hand owner here just joining the ranks in MN!

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Ok, so I looked today - and I have v0.92 installed - but where are these settings for the volume and value of the bills? Looked through the "gameplay" section but also all the other settings menu items. What am I looking for here?

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok, so I looked today - and I have v0.92 installed - but where are these settings for the volume and value of the bills? Looked through the "gameplay" section but also all the other settings menu items. What am I looking for here?

Just confirmed with the software team - these values were hidden in one of the previous updates. We'll unhide them for the next release so you can make CMB easier to achieve. Just be careful not to make it too easy. We think it should happen about once per game.

- Gerry

#593 3 years ago

Hey PThreeple! If you have a CCR play field, Some of the owners planned an impromptu CCR head to head race day this saturday, 2-27-21, at 7pm CENTRAL. Hop on your P3, load up CCR and select internet play to join the lobby and jump in races or host your own! I love these things, so I hope to see you all there!

Also, if you haven't yet, check out joining the unofficial P3 owner's Discord, where we plan these things, and use the live audio channels to facilitate smack talking in real time!

https://discord.gg/heH3PSfq

#594 3 years ago

Has anyone made a P3 playfield caddy similar to what Crile1 's friend made? He's no longer taking orders and I'd be interested in either buying one or building one of my own based on available plans if there are any.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#595 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:Has anyone made a P3 playfield caddy similar to what crile1 's friend made? He's no longer taking orders and I'd be interested in either buying one or building one of my own based on available plans if there are any. [quoted image]

curious about this too. What does everyone do with their extra PFs when they are not in the game ?

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Has anyone made a P3 playfield caddy similar to what crile1 's friend made? He's no longer taking orders and I'd be interested in either buying one or building one of my own based on available plans if there are any.

Looks like 2x4 and 1x1s. Playfield appears to hang on the front/rear 2x4 corners, and lean back into the center supports. Should be fairly easy to take some measurements and cut to appropriate size.

I might make some and put some t-nuts and small wheels or casters on them to facilitate moving in a tight area.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What does everyone do with their extra PFs when they are not in the game ?

I leave mine in the shipping box, and swap back and forth. I like that they are enclosed on all sides, but it's a bit more hassle than something like the above.

#597 3 years ago

Looks like 2x4 and 1x1s. Playfield appears to hang on the front/rear 2x4 corners, and lean back into the center supports. Should be fairly easy to take some measurements and cut to appropriate size.
I might make some and put some t-nuts and small wheels or casters on them to facilitate moving in a tight area.

I leave mine in the shipping box, and swap back and forth. I like that they are enclosed on all sides, but it's a bit more hassle than something like the above.

Good ideas, Nick. This doesn't look tricky to build at all - it's getting the dimensions right. Casters sounds like a DAMN good idea!

#598 3 years ago

Looks like the one in the picture has magic sliders on the bottom, which would do the trick and have a lower profile.

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Looks like the one in the picture has magic sliders on the bottom, which would do the trick and have a lower profile.

I can confirm the furniture sliders.

#600 3 years ago

We’ve got an online session for Cosmic Cart going on in about 10 mins. Jump in the P3 owners Discord for some matches! https://discord.gg/EZFzfCzuzn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/12?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.