BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 73.
#501 4 years ago

It's looking great.
Congrats to devs.

#502 4 years ago

If anyone is interested in selling their Cosmic Cart Racing Module, PM me.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If anyone is interested in selling their Cosmic Cart Racing Module, PM me.

Pretty sure Multimorphic still has these available.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Pretty sure Multimorphic still has these available.

We do indeed. Every time we sell out, we build more to replenish inventory, and we built a bunch of extras to have ready to go at TPF this year.

Order a CCR playfield, and it'll ship in just a day or two.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#505 4 years ago

My friend made this for me. Fits 2 playfields and will slide under a pinball machine. PM me if interested.

Resized_20200325_201615 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201615 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201623 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201623 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201629 (resized).jpegResized_20200325_201629 (resized).jpeg
#506 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My friend made this for me. Fits 2 playfields and will slide under a pinball machine. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's actually really sweet! I could use a couple of those. Do you or your friend have the measurements / plans to build our own?

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My friend made this for me. Fits 2 playfields and will slide under a pinball machine. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Neat! Will that slide in from the front of a machine or only from the side?

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Neat! Will that slide in from the front of a machine or only from the side?

I asked him to make it so will slide in from the front. I am picking it up today after work (I'm essential). I will post a pick later.

He has a side business as a craftsman, so at this time he would prefer to sell. He does a good job. He built our kitchen table and we own a piece of wall art he made. You can check him out on YouTube at "Andy Bird Builds ".

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

He has a side business as a craftsman, so at this time he would prefer to sell. He does a good job. He built our kitchen table and we own a piece of wall art he made. You can check him out on YouTube at "Andy Bird Builds ".

Too bad. Shipping those would kill the value for me.

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My friend made this for me. Fits 2 playfields and will slide under a pinball machine.

Looks nicely built, needs a fabric dust cover.

#511 4 years ago

Here are some more pictures. Fits under P3 from the side, but not the front. Andy can probably adjust width if you want to slide in from front. This was first try.
15852566515068149230236988874422 (resized).jpg15852566515068149230236988874422 (resized).jpg15852567144448124650225186433025 (resized).jpg15852567144448124650225186433025 (resized).jpg15852567277957064294408045886638 (resized).jpg15852567277957064294408045886638 (resized).jpg

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Here are some more pictures. Fits under P3 from the side, but not the front.

These actually look really cool, might be nice to have them on display.

1 week later
#513 4 years ago

Received Heist yesterday. I took me about 45 minutes to install the new upper flipper that is needed. Was very easy to do and if I did it again i'm guessing it would take half that time. Instructions were great and easy to understand. The playfield is very heavy but still easy to install. Only problem I had with it was game would not boot. It would go right back to the launcher screen. I sent a email to support and they got back to me within 5 minutes on a Saturday night with a phone call. That was awesome!!!!! He had me uninstall the software and then install new and I was up and playing. After playing a couple games I turned both flipper coils up for more power and the game is playing great. I love the theme and the layout is great. The crane also really adds a lot. So far I am loving it. If anyone local wants to check it out they are welcome over after the lockdown .

Great Job Gerry and Team. I think this is a big winner for you guys. Congratulations!!

IMG_7618 (resized).JPGIMG_7618 (resized).JPGIMG_7619 (resized).JPGIMG_7619 (resized).JPGIMG_7621 (resized).JPGIMG_7621 (resized).JPGIMG_7622 (resized).JPGIMG_7622 (resized).JPGIMG_7623 (resized).JPGIMG_7623 (resized).JPGIMG_7624 (resized).JPGIMG_7624 (resized).JPGIMG_7625 (resized).JPGIMG_7625 (resized).JPGIMG_7626 (resized).JPGIMG_7626 (resized).JPGIMG_7627 (resized).JPGIMG_7627 (resized).JPGIMG_7628 (resized).JPGIMG_7628 (resized).JPGIMG_7629 (resized).JPGIMG_7629 (resized).JPGIMG_7630 (resized).JPGIMG_7630 (resized).JPGIMG_7631 (resized).JPGIMG_7631 (resized).JPGIMG_7634 (resized).JPGIMG_7634 (resized).JPGIMG_7635 (resized).JPGIMG_7635 (resized).JPGIMG_7640 (resized).JPGIMG_7640 (resized).JPGIMG_7641 (resized).JPGIMG_7641 (resized).JPG
#514 4 years ago

Thanks for the pics, looks great.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Cosmic Cart Racing 2.0.2.0

Oh - I just saw what you did there! Very nice, Gerry

#516 4 years ago

That upper flipper module is badass! Well engineered, cool to see it out of the game

#517 4 years ago

Those six rectangles with different colors between the playfield/screen and the upper playfield have been described as scoops. Could somebody explain their function?

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Those six rectangles with different colors between the playfield/screen and the upper playfield have been described as scoops. Could somebody explain their function?

Actually, each rectangle is a pair: one "scoop" and one wall. They can all be raised individually and each wall / scoop can be lit individually with RGB LEDs. If the game raises one scoop, that flat rectangular piece raises up and you can shoot the ball into it. Each scoop also has a vertical wall in front of it, which is used to create barriers that block segments of the upper playfield.

For example, there's a mini-game called ROCS where all the scoops and walls raise up. This keeps the ball trapped on the lower playfield and you are tasked with hitting virtual targets on the LCD. Once you complete your objective, one of the walls lowers and you need to shoot the ball into the exposed scoop. Similarly, there is a mode in Lexy where you're in a warehouse and you need to smash crates and collect the contents by rolling over them on the LCD. All the scoops are up and 2 are exposed by lowering their corresponding wall. One scoop leads to the next room, and the other allows to you go back the prior room, in case you left before collecting all the parts.

CCR uses these 1 or 2 at a time to create blockages to the ramps or as a special hurry-up shot to hit. Heist! uses them in different ways as well. If you watch Gerry's stream (which was on Dead_Flip's Twitch channel) it shows multiple creative uses of the scoops and walls.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Actually, each rectangle is a pair: one "scoop" and one wall. They can all be raised individually and each wall / scoop can be lit individually with RGB LEDs. If the game raises one scoop, that flat rectangular piece raises up and you can shoot the ball into it. Each scoop also has a vertical wall in front of it, which is used to create barriers that block segments of the upper playfield.
For example, there's a mini-game called ROCS where all the scoops and walls raise up. This keeps the ball trapped on the lower playfield and you are tasked with hitting virtual targets on the LCD. Once you complete your objective, one of the walls lowers and you need to shoot the ball into the exposed scoop. Similarly, there is a mode in Lexy where you're in a warehouse and you need to smash crates and collect the contents by rolling over them on the LCD. All the scoops are up and 2 are exposed by lowering their corresponding wall. One scoop leads to the next room, and the other allows to you go back the prior room, in case you left before collecting all the parts.
CCR uses these 1 or 2 at a time to create blockages to the ramps or as a special hurry-up shot to hit. Heist! uses them in different ways as well. If you watch Gerry's stream (which was on Dead_Flip's Twitch channel) it shows multiple creative uses of the scoops and walls.

This whole platform is really fascinating. How does the game keep track of the balls when hitting targets represented on the LCD?

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This whole platform is really fascinating. How does the game keep track of the balls when hitting targets represented on the LCD?

An IR sensor grid.

IR (resized).pngIR (resized).png

Here's an old article by Pinball news that steps through lots of detail about the platform: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/12/31/p3-in-depth-review/

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

An IR sensor grid.
[quoted image]
Here's an old article by Pinball news that steps through lots of detail about the platform: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/12/31/p3-in-depth-review/

That is a great and very thorough article! I’ll have to read more later. Looks like with Heist, Multimorphic has found the sweet spot between traditional pinball and what is clearly a next level version of it. Wow!

#522 4 years ago

who distributes Multimorphic machines?

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Flip n Out Pinball (Zmeny on pinside) and PinballStar are two that I know of.

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I'm about 90% sure you can order direct thru multimorphic too.
That's how I got mine.

#525 4 years ago

I've not seen this mentioned here yet, but here it is:

p3 (resized).jpgp3 (resized).jpg

Looking forward to finding out more about the new rules!

countem.gifcountem.gif

...see you in the chat room.

newRules.gifnewRules.gif

3 weeks later
#526 3 years ago

I learned quite a bit from that stream, thanks for doing that Gerry.

I also ordered a set of artwork protectors for the P3, once I start taking it to shows, I don't want people pulling the art off (without my knowledge).

The protectors come bundled in a compact cylinder, and have a plastic film on both sides (like new playfield plastics). It also comes with a bag of screws (thankfully a couple of spares in the bag since I managed to strip one out with an impact driver).

They look fantastic upon install - adding a glossy finish to the artwork which looks quite nice in person. For those that have a P3, there is a recessed area where the artwork lies currently - the protectors take up a bit of that space. I think these are a must if you plan to have your P3 available to the public to play (no matter how supervised).

I also ordered a new magnet apron for Heist - I haven't ordered a new one before, and I was very pleased - it ships flat sandwiched between cardboard, and the apron itself has a score/instruction card built in which is really extremely helpful for the game. While I was installing the protectors, my daughter installed the apron magnet - she was very pleased with how easy it was to swap. I had her wipe down the apron with a lint-free cloth while the magnet was off (in case any dirt found its way there), and it look fantastic. The new sling plastics and apron really complement each other, especially when the Heist module is installed. Great work, Multimorphic!

#527 3 years ago

Got to the Wizard mode of Lexy today! Drained during phase 2. But now I know that it is achievable.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I learned quite a bit from that stream, thanks for doing that Gerry.
I also ordered a set of artwork protectors for the P3, once I start taking it to shows, I don't want people pulling the art off (without my knowledge).
The protectors come bundled in a compact cylinder, and have a plastic film on both sides (like new playfield plastics). It also comes with a bag of screws (thankfully a couple of spares in the bag since I managed to strip one out with an impact driver).
They look fantastic upon install - adding a glossy finish to the artwork which looks quite nice in person. For those that have a P3, there is a recessed area where the artwork lies currently - the protectors take up a bit of that space. I think these are a must if you plan to have your P3 available to the public to play (no matter how supervised).
I also ordered a new magnet apron for Heist - I haven't ordered a new one before, and I was very pleased - it ships flat sandwiched between cardboard, and the apron itself has a score/instruction card built in which is really extremely helpful for the game. While I was installing the protectors, my daughter installed the apron magnet - she was very pleased with how easy it was to swap. I had her wipe down the apron with a lint-free cloth while the magnet was off (in case any dirt found its way there), and it look fantastic. The new sling plastics and apron really complement each other, especially when the Heist module is installed. Great work, Multimorphic!

Pics please of the apron.

#529 3 years ago

If you just want to see the image, scroll down on this page: https://www.multimorphic.com/store/artwork/heist-artwork/

If you want a picture installed of it installed on a machine, I'll snap one when I next switch my home machine back to Heist if nobody posts one before then.

- Gerry

#530 3 years ago

Hi gstellenberg , curious about what is happening over there with your factory. I heard Texas is opening up but Austin is still closed, are you back at work?

#531 3 years ago

IMG_20200509_105419 (resized).jpgIMG_20200509_105419 (resized).jpg

I don't take great photos, but I did remember to snap one before streaming today!

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi gstellenberg , curious about what is happening over there with your factory. I heard Texas is opening up but Austin is still closed, are you back at work?

Stay at home orders are lifting in very specific ways. Multimorphic is moving forward as we have been for a few weeks... continuing production in a highly reduced capacity but abiding by active state and county regulations. More importantly, we are making decisions with our employees safety being the highest priority. We'll ramp back up fully when we're more comforable with the situation, likely based on health stats compiled for the area after more things have been open for a while.

We have shipped a number of P3s recently, and we're in the middle of building the next batch of Heist playfields. As such, we're working through the backorder. As described before, the nature of P3 playfield manufacturing allows us to build them outside of a traditional factory environment... so we're building and shipping products, just slower than we otherwise could.

- Gerry

#533 3 years ago

Stock market is improving... which is good.
I need to see if I can set a new limit order so I can get Heist soon to add to Multimorphic's backlog.

7 months later
#534 3 years ago

Played a brand new out of box Heist today. My very first unboxing of any pin. Helped a buddy who recieved his today well ahead of schedule! He asked if I could come help and I didn't know what it was until I got there.

Anyway. Straight out of the box the upper playfield seems to be raised about 1/16" above the lower. This creates a bit of a lip and caused some flying air balls.

Is this common? Is there an adjustment? Thoughts?

Thanks.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Straight out of the box the upper playfield seems to be raised about 1/16" above the lower. This creates a bit of a lip and caused some flying air balls.

There are two playfield latches on either side of the front of the playfield. When they are released from their catches (the small levers above them), they will spring towards the playfield, and should engage with the small tabs on either side. Sometimes a gentle push downward will help the latches seat against the playfield and should help keep the front edge flush with the scoops.

Gerry demonstrates this in the learning series video when he installed a LLEE playfield.

As always, feel free to send any questions or inquiries to [email protected], and someone will get back with you usually within a few hours if not sooner.

-TJ

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Anyway. Straight out of the box the upper playfield seems to be raised about 1/16" above the lower. This creates a bit of a lip and caused some flying air balls.

EDIT: Apparently I typed too slowly.

One or both sides of the upper playfield may have escaped the latches. If so, you can just push down on the surface on each side and click it back down. Pull the latch levers towards the front of the machine to make sure the latches are free to capture the playfield's tabs.

If both playfield tabs were firmly latched, then we'd want to know if each side was level with the aluminum blocks on the sides or not. That'll direct next steps.

- Gerry

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Played a brand new out of box Heist today. My very first unboxing of any pin. Helped a buddy who recieved his today well ahead of schedule! He asked if I could come help and I didn't know what it was until I got there.
Thanks.

Quoted from tjw998:

There are two playfield latches on either side of the front of the playfield. When they are released from their catches (the small levers above them), they will spring towards the playfield, and should engage with the small tabs on either side. Sometimes a gentle push doenward will help them seat against the playfield and should keep it flush.
Gerry demonstrates this in the learning series video when he installed a LLEE playfield.
As always, feel free to send any questions or inquiries to [email protected], and someone will get back with you usually within a few hours if not sooner.
-TJ

Definitely make sure the latches are catching first. This is required and easier than trying to track down other issues. Once you seat the tabs under the latches, give the playfield a tug upward to make sure it is secured. If that hasn't been done, it should fix the issue you're describing.

If the tabs are engaged and you still have a height issue, definitely contact support before you go further. I was in the initial run, and as a result, I had a multitude of issues that manifested in what you're talking about.

It's possible the scoops/walls are not level. There are adjustments for these, but they are somewhat more than a minor pain to tweak. The other thing that was a problem on more than one of my playfields was that the side tabs (that get secured by the latches) were not as "level" as they should be. I was instructed to bend these tabs to get the right height on the playfield.

Again, definitely contact support before you do either of these last two fixes. The P3 is a different animal than other pinball machines, so you should certainly get the lay of the land before you start randomly attempting fringe tweaks.

PLUS...their support is AWESOME, so no worries about getting top tier assistance with any issues. Both Gerry and TJ have been amazing with any issues I've consulted them about.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

PLUS...their support is AWESOME, so no worries about getting top tier assistance with any issues. Both Gerry and TJ have been amazing with any issues I've consulted them about.

I responded to your post within an hour of you posting it, and while I was typing, 2 people from Multimorphic beat me to it...on a public forum. At 10pm on a Friday no less. Did I mention their support was awesome?

Gerry and TJ need to get a life!

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I responded to your post within an hour of you posting it, and while I was typing, 2 people from Multimorphic beat me to it...on a public forum. At 10pm on a Friday no less. Did I mention their support was awesome?

Support is outstanding at MM!

#540 3 years ago

Super excited to be in the club as well as to get the P3 showing on some location play in Northern Virginia, it will be at Reclaim Arcade in Fredericksburg when we open end of January. Thanks Ecw0930 not only for the help but highlighting that question even before I got here! I did go back and watch BuffaloPinball's unboxing video and saw him gently push down on his Heist playfield to secure so I'm sure that's all it is on mine, will get that done. The machine is so impressive and excited to dig in more on all that's possible. And a huge thanks to gstellenberg and the whole team, super responsive by email and easy to work with.

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Super excited to be in the club as well as to get the P3 showing on some location play in Northern Virginia, it will be at Reclaim Arcade in Fredericksburg when we open end of January. Thanks ecw0930 not only for the help but highlighting that question even before I got here! I did go back and watch BuffaloPinball's unboxing video and saw him gently push down on his Heist playfield to secure so I'm sure that's all it is on mine, will get that done. The machine is so impressive and excited to dig in more on all that's possible. And a huge thanks to gstellenberg and the whole team, super responsive by email and easy to work with.

This is exciting! I can't wait to take a trip down there to check out how you have the machine set up. People will love it!

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is exciting! I can't wait to take a trip down there to check out how you have the machine set up. People will love it!

Make the trip! The place is awesome and the pins are epic!

1 week later
#543 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My experience, too. Stellar customer support.

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

My experience, too. Stellar customer support.

Would you say it is Cosmic Customer Support?

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Would you say it is Cosmic Customer Support?

All the support I received was at lightspeed

1 week later
#546 3 years ago

Adds some color. Love it.

22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg95095700-E317-43AF-B30C-4866EF2FB090_1_105_c (resized).jpeg95095700-E317-43AF-B30C-4866EF2FB090_1_105_c (resized).jpegD34C4DF1-AC37-4010-A05C-4FC8D4AA0D76_1_105_c (resized).jpegD34C4DF1-AC37-4010-A05C-4FC8D4AA0D76_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#547 3 years ago

I just purchased the Lexy Lightspeed module last week and got to the 2nd stage of the Wizard mode tonight. I can’t believe I waited so long to get this game!

43077935-49D1-4D78-A1DD-ABE23F90B286 (resized).jpeg43077935-49D1-4D78-A1DD-ABE23F90B286 (resized).jpeg
#548 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I just purchased the Lexy Lightspeed module last week and got to the 2nd stage of the Wizard mode tonight. I can’t believe I waited so long to get this game!
[quoted image]

One of the most underrated games. Never played any pinball game before with so much diversity between the modes. Definitely P3's best use of the ball tracking.

#549 3 years ago

P3 experts: I have had this happen A LOT. Lately (upper left). It’s annoying but would be better if there was a ball search.. but that seems to not be happening on my machine at all.

I’ve had enough weird things happen lately where I’m wondering if there’s an opto out somewhere.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

What do I do to level this better? The ball is getting stuck ALL. THE. TIME. Behind that one trap. Can I lower it somehow?

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What do I do to level this better? The ball is getting stuck ALL. THE. TIME. Behind that one trap. Can I lower it somehow?

I had that issue with the Heist playfield after removing and installing it many times. The issue was a nut on the far left side front of the playfield module had fallen off in one of the removal/replacements, which caused it to sag a small fraction. Replacing the nut fixed it for me.

If that doesn't do the trick for you, does it do it for other modules? If so, then there is a wiki document detailing how to relevel scoops/walls that might help.

As to other issues, can you post what they might be? If ball is not diverting properly you may have a blown fuse on the PD-16.

You may wish to open support tickets for your issues - I've had very good response time from MM regarding issues. Faster than I am able to actually address, in most cases.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
8,499 (OBO)
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/11?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.