(Topic ID: 184651)

Multimorphic P3 at TPF thread, post reviews and video here! (Now including 2018)

By solarvalue

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-03-16 18.13.37 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 18.07.35 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 17.50.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpg
29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg
010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).png
39e (resized).jpg
TPF game list (resized).png
IMG_1241 (resized).JPG
IMG_1242 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1238 (resized).JPG
IMG_1237 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
10eaeaf09d76e60ad30056073d379c534959f868 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #110 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by gstellenberg (7 years ago)

Post #113 Gerry answers some questions from the thread. Posted by gstellenberg (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

The first pics of the Multimorphic booth are in (thanks Labnip). Looks like they have 4 machines there, maybe 5? I wonder if any of them are from the first production run.

The team will be revealing 3 new mini-games tomorrow:
Pinball Trainer
Grand Slam Rally (first 3rd party produced game)
Heads Up (first head-to-head game)

Gerry's seminar is at noon tomorrow.

996da99c8c969aba3e0e37b94e279899519d9f11 (resized).jpg996da99c8c969aba3e0e37b94e279899519d9f11 (resized).jpgf3b8b387efec56b0a4e7c658f5bb91b33967fdd6 (resized).jpgf3b8b387efec56b0a4e7c658f5bb91b33967fdd6 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Eight machines

Whoa! That's insane.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Thanks for starting the thread

No problem. Actually I couldn't help myself, I'm so excited for this system. I look at the other games coming out and think: "that's great, but it's only one game." So many more possibilities with the P3.

What an awesome showing at TPF! Love the toppers differentiating the different types of games.
Let's get some more pics and video rolling in.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Ive already reached out to P3's pinside account about pinfest next month. NO RESPONSE

I'm sure they have been busy with production and the lead-up to TPF, probably why they haven't responded.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I'm just really eager for some information

I think they are launching a new website tomorrow as well, maybe someone could ask about this?

#16 7 years ago

Maybe mandraws can create some alternate translights? He would make them awesome.

#22 7 years ago

OK, TPF attendees, now is your time to shine. Go forth and gather all the pics, video and gameplay experiences of the P3 that you can. Then return here to report. Fly my pretties, fly!

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I'm not trying to be ungrateful. I honestly want to help and see this thing succeed! As I've said many times, it's an innovative product I'm just concerned that it's not getting the attention it deserves.

Totally understand your pain Lurch. The P3 never gets enough attention on Pinside, I'm not really sure why. They've just shown the first ever online head-to-head game and yet things like the announcement of Elvira 3 (without even as much as a picture) are receiving so much more attention.

It's great that they have made such a good showing at TPF. 8 games is a big deal, not even big manufacturers like JJP have that many games at the show. Remember these guys are on a shoestring budget, they are mostly volunteers and have had to focus on actually getting the product made, I'm sure they will switch some of their focus to marketing as they start to have something to sell.

I'd love to hear some reports, they must be getting a lot of play. Reviews, pics and video will hopefully start to come in over the next few days and I really hope they can get the new website up soon.

#54 7 years ago

I found a couple more image on the Pinball News site:

22 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago

Yep, those reviews and videos should be coming in soon...

waiting_dog_by_hetel-d50or4g (resized).jpgwaiting_dog_by_hetel-d50or4g (resized).jpg

#56 7 years ago

Should start rolling in any second now...waiting (resized).jpgwaiting (resized).jpg

#59 7 years ago

Maybe tomorrow...62373d88761c6f19e34360984e20a423 (resized).jpg62373d88761c6f19e34360984e20a423 (resized).jpg

#69 7 years ago

Great review of the P3 on the latest episode of Chris' Pinball Podcast (TPF 2 show) where he says that the head to head game was the most fun he had at the show.

#70 7 years ago

10eaeaf09d76e60ad30056073d379c534959f868 (resized).jpg10eaeaf09d76e60ad30056073d379c534959f868 (resized).jpgd7ebbc2f2477868359ede402647ac42d283cd4e5 (resized).jpgd7ebbc2f2477868359ede402647ac42d283cd4e5 (resized).jpg

#78 7 years ago

I'm impressed with how fast they have been able to produce completed games seeing as production did not begin very long ago.

Some questions for the team:
How many of the games on the floor were from the first production run?
How did the new games hold up during the show?
Who made the third-party baseball game?
When will we see the new website (Norton is still blocking the old one)?

#84 7 years ago

Yeah, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with the response. I listened to 2 different pinball podcasts that did TPF reviews today and neither of them mentioned the P3 at all.

Edit: I just read some interesting reviews over on the Tilt Forum, so feeling a bit better about it. In case anyone is interested:

http://tiltforums.com/t/thoughts-on-the-new-stuff/2567

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I'm writing a game for this platform currently, and if you know of an artist that meets these requirements, please send them my way! (Seriously).

Did you try @mandraws? I believe he is not long out of college and fairly reasonable, plus he's an awesome artist looking for work with pinball experience.

#90 7 years ago

I have another question for when gstellenberg gets here:

Would is be possible to design a slightly larger upper-playfield module for the system which makes use of the extra space currently taken up by the wall and scoop module? That is, can the wall and scoop module be easily removed by the consumer and would it theoretically be possible for a larger upper-playfield module to be mounted in the larger area created? I was wondering it would be possible to do this for games which do not require the wall and scoop module for gameplay and want a little more space on the upper playfield.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

2 rounds of like 2minutes I think. The goal was to score as many points by collecting Gems and avoiding red vortexes which will transport your ball to your opponent. No special attacks. Penalties exist... IE the ball that is lost is transported to the other player. The flippers cannot be cradled indefinitely as "power" is taken from the reserves while flipper is powered. You Have a finite amount to time the flippers can be powered and that "reservoir" is refilled when you are not flipping.

Thanks for the explanation Zitt, when you lose the ball to your opponent, how do you get a new one?
Love the flipper power idea, that sounds awesome.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

To add a bit more detail on Heads Up:

Thanks Mocean that sounds really cool, we need some longer video now that we know how it works

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

You can also have stuff suspended down over the LCD - it just can't touch the playfield surface (messes with ball detection).

No, I'm pretty sure stuff can touch the playfield surface, it's not a touch-screen, the ball detection works in a different way.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Production run #1 is sold out. Production run #2 is nearly sold out (if you want a machine in or around August, contact me today!). Building up a huge hype train and then telling people they can't have their machines for 8+ months might be what other MFGs do, but it's not what we want to do. When we start building up inventory, we'll put much more effort into marketing. Heavy marketing now will just cause frustration and create customer fatigue waiting for machines.

Great to hear that the first and second run are almost sold out. That makes sense to wait before marketing the P3 too much. I think its mostly hard core supporters in here, so we just want to see things happen as quickly as possible.

1 month later
#127 6 years ago

Hi gstellenberg ,

Can we expect an update soon?

Thanks

#129 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for checking in. It's just nice to hear that things are rolling along. Will you still be doing the monthly public updates for now or have you already moved to a different model for communication with the general public (such as announcements when important stuff is ready)?

9 months later
#134 6 years ago

Just been perusing this thread in anticipation of TPF 2018, can't wait to see what the Multimorphic team have in store for us this year!

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Did they say ccr is going to be revealed at tpf? That would be awesome!! Way sooner than expected if that’s true..

Yes, according to the TPF game list they will have 2 machines running Cosmic Cart Racing:

TPF game list (resized).pngTPF game list (resized).png

#140 6 years ago

I've just updated the title so we can continue the discussion about the Multimorphic P3 at TPF 2018 in this thread.

#142 6 years ago

Only a couple more days until Cosmic Cart Racing is revealed at TPF, found this old picture from 2013:

39e (resized).jpg39e (resized).jpg

#145 6 years ago

This is from an old (2013) Pinball News interview with Gerry in which he talked a bit about CCR (could be totally different now of course):

"CCR wanders a bit farther from the pinball-norm. It's a racing game; the objective is to win races. It doesn't make much sense to present a racing game as a traditional 3 or 5-ball game. Instead, there is no concept of ball number. When you launch the first ball, the race begins. If you lose 1, 2, 5, 10, etc. balls, you get penalized by having your cart slow down, stop, or crash, but the game doesn't simply end. Your game ends when the race is over and you didn't do well enough to proceed to the next race. How does this affect multi-player gaming? Multi-player games on a single machine are similar to racing heats. You play a race. Then other players play a race. Winners move on to the next 'heat'. Multi-player gaming on multiple machines (network connected) is simultaneous. That's how you can race directly against other human players. There are other differences though from other racing-themed pinball machines. It is cart-style racing after all... so expect power-ups and fun ways of improving your performance or slowing down your opponents."

"The CCR playfield was designed with a racetrack in mind. There are inner loops, outer loops, and ramps that all return the ball to the flipper (via the playfield, not via raised wireforms). It's intended to be fast-paced and require ball control skills to get deep into the game. Beginners should be able to enjoy winning a race every now and then, while experts should be able to get through a couple of races before they'll have to be 'in the zone' to keep winning. The use of the playfield LCD in CCR is completely different than in LL-GG. The CCR playfield will present the race. As such, the playfield will be fully dynamic, following your cart around the racetrack. We aren't using too many virtual interactions, but there are some."

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It would be nice to see this platform streamed at some point. All the videos I've seen on youtube are not very good quality and do not show a complete game played.

Here you go:

#150 6 years ago

I wonder if the P3s are being set up today?

#151 6 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip?sr=a

Jack Danger streaming P3 now.

#152 6 years ago

Was quite brief but you can see a few seconds of the TPF booth at 14:50 in this video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239533772

Including a sneak peak of CCR:

CCR (resized).pngCCR (resized).png

#153 6 years ago

From Pinball News:

010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg

#155 6 years ago

29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg

#156 6 years ago

IMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpgIMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpg

#167 6 years ago

A few notes from the seminar for those who missed it:

About Cosmic Cart Racing:
- Layout is designed for flow with loops, ramps, etc.
- The game is race-based, not ball-based. You don't have a limited number of balls but if you drain you slow down.
- There are magnets on the ramp which can stop balls, reverse the direction, lock balls, ramp assist (propel the ball like the supercharger in Getaway), etc.
- There are magnets in the orbits which can stop, catch or lock balls.
- Targets on the side of the playfield award power-ups.
- Can play individually (against the computer), multiplayer (race heats against up to 4 players), networked multiplayer (race against real players on other P3 machines at the same time over the internet)
- Layout is done, code is about 50% done, ships in a few months.

About the P3:
- They are half way done with production run 2.
- They are shipping games each week.
- Games ordered now will be ready in the summer.
- They plan to eventually offer another screen in the backbox which will be available to show different content.
- 3rd party developers are working on games.
- If you buy this weekend you get $500 credit for Cosmic Cart Racing with the platform

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I missed the seminar - available online still?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239783818

Starts at about 2:19

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

This system has been in development for about 5 years now and I'm worried that it'll be old news when it finally hits the street.

It doesn't work like that with this system. Remember that, unlike a conventional pinball machine where you have initial hype which wears out over time, this is a multi-game platform, so interest and the incentive to buy the platform will grow naturally as more games are developed. It's already hit the street by the way and, as they are building the same platform each time, production will only get faster from here. Yes, the upper playfield modules are different for each game, but they will have much less downtime than conventional companies between builds.

Also remember that this is the same company that makes the P-Roc and P3-Roc controllers and, with both American Pinball and Spooky using their board systems now, they have other revenue coming in. So they can take their time to get everything right.

#181 6 years ago

Those videos are great! Anyone get and Grand Slam Rally footage? Still haven't seen that game.

#192 6 years ago

Any more vids?

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'll get some videos up soon on the current state of Cosmic Cart Racing.

Can we please have a video of Grand Slam Rally as well?

Edit: Didn't see the last few posts on the next page.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-at-tpf-2017-post-pics-video-reviews-here?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.