(Topic ID: 184651)

Multimorphic P3 at TPF thread, post reviews and video here! (Now including 2018)

By solarvalue

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-03-16 18.13.37 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 18.07.35 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 17.50.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpg
29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg
010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).png
39e (resized).jpg
TPF game list (resized).png
IMG_1241 (resized).JPG
IMG_1242 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1238 (resized).JPG
IMG_1237 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
10eaeaf09d76e60ad30056073d379c534959f868 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #110 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by gstellenberg (7 years ago)

Post #113 Gerry answers some questions from the thread. Posted by gstellenberg (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Boy, you really just nailed the whole "Pinball Conundrum". It is a market that has a history and continued legacy of valuing the art/aesthetics as a major part of the entire experience, and in weird ways the art can mask an entirely missing game (see Jpop).
P3 is definitely a potentially disruptive technology. I mean, it literally is, but there is a missing component of it that weighs heavily.
There was a lot of discussion of Alice Cooper's cabinet as well before the game was shown. People had a lot to talk about the cabinet. How the art "integrated" with the buttons. "Butter" cabinets. This excited people (traditional pinball people).
I wonder if Multimorphic should start demoing at Esports/gaming shows more. Try connecting with a new audience and see if they resonate there.
Like, for example there was a gaming show in my city last week. It had 12,000 attendance. It was all about Smash Bros, Call of Duty, and also indie gaming. No pinballs on site.

The price point is way too high for the esports demographic and truth be told, pinball just simply doesn't resonate with a large portion of those demographics either.

I don't know much about P3, I hope they succeed and accomplish what they've set out to accomplish, but I know it's a tough road ahead when a business is aniche within a niche with limited capital in order to make the product a viable option to an already crowded market. Personally if I had a business in that position, social media would be heavily leveraged every single day just documenting the process of creating this business and journey.

The lack of art was one thing my wife and I noticed over the weekend and last year as well. After playing a couple of games I asked her and a few friends what they'd be willing to pay for one of these without them knowing the price point. No one got higher than $5200. That being said, it's such a small sample size, but I'm curious to see what others think about the price point in relation to the package that is being presented at these shows.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

To be fair, nobody (including probably Gerry) would pay $10k for Lexy. Just like nobody would pay $400-500 for Call of Duty or Halo. Most of the cost is going toward the core system/infrastructure to support a multi-game platform. I agree with some of the comments above, and have expressed my own concerns about what creates a tipping point, but asking people what they'd pay without totally understanding the potential and opportunities available for the entire platform isn't fair.

It definitely isn't fair when you're trying to assess the full value and utility of a product, but there are a lot of people who won't bother giving any product a fair shake once sticker shock sets in, that's just reality for any product being brought to market. But once individual game kits become a reality (if they're not already) then we're talking some positive growth potential.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-at-tpf-2017-post-pics-video-reviews-here?tu=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.