(Topic ID: 184651)

Multimorphic P3 at TPF thread, post reviews and video here! (Now including 2018)

By solarvalue

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-03-16 18.13.37 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 18.07.35 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 17.50.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpg
29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg
010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).png
39e (resized).jpg
TPF game list (resized).png
IMG_1241 (resized).JPG
IMG_1242 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1238 (resized).JPG
IMG_1237 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
10eaeaf09d76e60ad30056073d379c534959f868 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #110 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by gstellenberg (6 years ago)

Post #113 Gerry answers some questions from the thread. Posted by gstellenberg (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 6 years ago

I can't wait to see how this game develops. You can tell the code and on-screen visuals / info is still very premature, so it's hard to tell from the videos what gameplay and the final experience will be like. The lighting and magnets on the upper playfield look really cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing their version of a flow game.

Loved the red/yellow/green ball launch from the ramp!

I've been a P3 pre-order from the old PVC days, so it's good to see some of the visions coming to life. That said, it's hard coming out of every show and someone else is always the belle of the ball. Hopefully at some point over the next year or so, Multimorphic is in a position to start promoting games more heavily.

My concern is that SO MANY people seem obsessed with toys, playfield models (Back Alley), and overall aesthetics, that most people won't ever see the P3 as showing the "coolest" game at any given show. Post-show hype is temporary, but it would be nice to have some buzz around the P3 at some point. Unless they get a killer theme and show it mostly / fully realized, I'm guessing at best it will take until the aggregate game library is enough for people to stop ignoring the value proposition of the total package.

I know Gerry doesn't want a full siege of orders right now, since they're not ready to support them. But that said, something needs to change if that volume is ever to come. Maybe organic growth from a larger library will do it over time, and maybe the inclusion of their boards in Spooky's TNA and Alice Cooper help extend that timeline? That said, I feel something needs to happen at some point to make people take notice. A real cornerstone game, with a slew of "look what else I could add for super cheap" seems like what it would take.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Definitely a chicken and egg thing (as so much of startup life is). If we ramped up sales quicker, we'd have a bigger marketing budget, but it takes a bigger marketing budget to ramp up sales. There's a similar dilemma with manufacturing. Ship more machines and grow the budget for better fixtures, jigs, processes and such, but shipping more machines without proper processes and problem solving would result in more service calls from frustrated customers that would impede ongoing manufacturing and process improvements because of our small team and limited resources.
Mind you, these are good problems to have to work through, but the choices we make in order to keep the business manageable aren't always what people in the community wish we were doing. From the outside looking in it's easy to say 'spend more money', 'do things faster', 'go to more shows', 'offer more incentives'. There are no ramifications to offering suggestions, but there are big ramifications to extending company resources beyond our means. Please don't stop with the suggestions though. We love and listen to all of them, and we act on many of them. Just please understand that not every suggestion is made with all of the inside information needed to justify implementing it. If you're able to help implement your suggestions (either financially or by donating (fully or partially) time/resources), definitely contact me. Multimorphic is where it is today because of passionate people in the industry who believe in and want to help us achieve our full vision.
We of course deal with the same catch-22 with investors. Because we're doing things differently than everybody else, potential investors want to see results before they'll be willing to invest (working machines, growing revenues, killer apps, etc), but we need money to get there. Well, we'll get there either way... either quickly with outside investor help or slower by continuing to make consistent progress with our small team, but it's admittedly frustrating answering questions about why we're not ramping up, marketing, and developing big name licensed themes as fast as all of the other manufacturers (most of whom are backed by $millions or aren't risking as much by innovating).
The good news is we all have the same goals... continue developing, manufacturing, selling, and shipping P3s and games. We're growing our volumes, improving our quality, increasing build times, developing new games, and attracting new customers (as proven by more sales during TPF weekend than any previous show). We're also providing control system boards (P3-ROC, PDBs, SW-16s, etc) to a growing list of other manufacturers, and that's super exciting for everybody involved.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Gerry, you and I have spoken enough over the years that hopefully you didn't take my comments as impatience. You know I'm in for the long haul. I do get frustrated for you that P3 is always so under the radar. I wish more people saw the potential and felt it was as cool as I do. As I said, I know you're not looking for a slew of orders now. You making sure you have the infrastructure and processes in place to support current and future sales. So why would you invest in marketing now? Totally get that. Going forward, I am concerned about what people seem to gravitate toward in a crowded market these days: flashy theme with a packed playfield. TNA is an obvious exception. But everyone is loving Alice this year. At last Expo it was all about JJP Pirates. Because the P3 is something different and multi-game, it's never going to have the same physical wow factor. I just hope, for everyone's sake, that enough consumers can get past that superficial evaluation of how excited to be about an upcoming game.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Now if we could just keep from debuting games a few weeks early. Hmm... maybe Ed will delay TPF by a few weeks next year?

Wishful thinking. I've experienced very few release deadlines that didn't feel a couple weeks earlier than I wanted. When it's your baby, there's always the "if only I could have finished X" factor. But I get your point. I can't wait for the day you roll into shows with whatever your team will define as a "sufficiently polished" product.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

After playing a couple of games I asked her and a few friends what they'd be willing to pay for one of these without them knowing the price point. No one got higher than $5200.

To be fair, nobody (including probably Gerry) would pay $10k for Lexy. Just like nobody would pay $400-500 for Call of Duty or Halo. Most of the cost is going toward the core system/infrastructure to support a multi-game platform. I agree with some of the comments above, and have expressed my own concerns about what creates a tipping point, but asking people what they'd pay without totally understanding the potential and opportunities available for the entire platform isn't fair.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-at-tpf-2017-post-pics-video-reviews-here?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.