(Topic ID: 184651)

Multimorphic P3 at TPF thread, post reviews and video here! (Now including 2018)

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yetimon
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-03-16 18.13.37 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 18.07.35 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 17.50.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpg
29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg
010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).png
39e (resized).jpg
TPF game list (resized).png
IMG_1241 (resized).JPG
IMG_1242 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1238 (resized).JPG
IMG_1237 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
10eaeaf09d76e60ad30056073d379c534959f868 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip?sr=a

Jack Danger streaming P3 now.

#152 1 year ago

Was quite brief but you can see a few seconds of the TPF booth at 14:50 in this video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239533772

Including a sneak peak of CCR:

CCR (resized).png

#153 1 year ago

From Pinball News:

010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg

#154 1 year ago

I like the ramp lighting - hope the main screen does more than that 1 image though

#155 1 year ago

29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg

#156 1 year ago

IMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpg

#157 1 year ago

Looks pretty cool. Like the ramp lighting. And the magnets are brilliant.

#158 1 year ago

So from that promo vid, looks like there’s 2 Ramps, 1 with 3 ball lock on the magnets, an outer full orbit, possibly 2 mini orbits, and maybe 1 or two other shots? 1 Up the middle?

#159 1 year ago

Whatever it has they need to fire their marketing department. Ive been following P3 for the past year, barely a trickle of information has come out in the past few months. They need to focus on generating some excitement about their product. I have been stoked since the first time i laid eyes on this machine. It truly integrates in a way that PIN2000 only ever dreamed of. This is a giant evolutionaly step in pinball, yet only a wimper has been made about it. Im no marketing expert but im getting frustrated that this hasnt gained more traction.

Can we get some better videos? Can we see the insides? Can we get some interviews with the designers? Ive seen some of this, but all of these would help generate some excitement. Please guys. I am fascinated with P3 and cannot wait to see it in the flesh.

Please bring one to Pinfest! The NW is really the home of the avid pinballer (who else spends so much time indoors much of the year?)

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from lurch:

They need to focus on generating some excitement about their product.

I disagree, they need to focus on getting manufacturing figured out to a point where they consistently build and deliver machines. Only then should they focus on marketing.

#161 1 year ago

The magnets are super cool. Does the screen interact with the ball in CCR?

It would be cool to have Mario Kart style power ups that you could collect to alter the race. I was kinda hoping for more of a speed racer type game like F-Zero, or one of the cool antigrav racers.

#162 1 year ago

I have to agree with lurch. A year ago I would have said "focus on production" but we're almost a year in now and I think they need to start building what the Sales guys call "funnel". Hopefully some of that comes out of this year's TPF but there's really little buzz going on.

As owners, or soon to be owners, we have to push this too, if we want more product for our P3s. I'm intending to start streaming P3 material from my basement as soon as it arrives - gameplay, overviews, maintenance, etc. I'd love to see more owners do the same.

As for CCR, I'm on the fence. I'd need to know a lot more about it before deciding to buy it. The basic gameplay looked a little dull in the promo video. I'd like more info on how it works - how do you enable and start multiball, are there powerups, does the main screen interact in any way beyond that base image? Too many unknowns for me as yet.

#163 1 year ago

Hard to focus on sales and promotion when they are still struggling with manufacturing issues. Those kinks need to get figured out. If they can get all the preorders out the door some of us owners will help a bit - I’m also planning on at least doing some YouTube videos so there’s more content available. I think they still have to be careful with limited resources where they spend them right now? For sure it is frustrating to see little marketing and little buzz though, I do agree.

Ccr looks like it probably still needs a lot of coding? I’m pretty sure Gerry has mentioned collecting power ups off the screen and such like Mario cart — that would only make sense. It’s nice to finally see the layout though. I was hoping for something deeper personally.. still looks fun though.

#164 1 year ago

When are you guys expecing delivery? I'm eager to see reviews/gameplay from regular pinsiders!

I do agree that they need to be careful to avoid previous mistakes by startups. (Like lebowsky, bbb, etc) at the same time id rather not see this thing wither on the vine. I'm not saying go out and spend a ton of money on marketing. I'm more swayed by average joe reviews, interviews, factory tours, etc all of which are free or minimal investment. This system has been in development for about 5 years now and I'm worried that it'll be old news when it finally hits the street.

#166 1 year ago

Watching the seminar it looks like there are 4 different power-ups you can get.

#167 1 year ago

A few notes from the seminar for those who missed it:

About Cosmic Cart Racing:
- Layout is designed for flow with loops, ramps, etc.
- The game is race-based, not ball-based. You don't have a limited number of balls but if you drain you slow down.
- There are magnets on the ramp which can stop balls, reverse the direction, lock balls, ramp assist (propel the ball like the supercharger in Getaway), etc.
- There are magnets in the orbits which can stop, catch or lock balls.
- Targets on the side of the playfield award power-ups.
- Can play individually (against the computer), multiplayer (race heats against up to 4 players), networked multiplayer (race against real players on other P3 machines at the same time over the internet)
- Layout is done, code is about 50% done, ships in a few months.

About the P3:
- They are half way done with production run 2.
- They are shipping games each week.
- Games ordered now will be ready in the summer.
- They plan to eventually offer another screen in the backbox which will be available to show different content.
- 3rd party developers are working on games.
- If you buy this weekend you get $500 credit for Cosmic Cart Racing with the platform

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from lurch:

When are you guys expecing delivery? I'm eager to see reviews/gameplay from regular pinsiders!

I’m expecting April- may timeframe, I think I’m in last 1/4 of the 2nd run.

Thanks solar for the summary — I missed the seminar - available online still?

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I missed the seminar - available online still?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239783818

Starts at about 2:19

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from lurch:

This system has been in development for about 5 years now and I'm worried that it'll be old news when it finally hits the street.

It doesn't work like that with this system. Remember that, unlike a conventional pinball machine where you have initial hype which wears out over time, this is a multi-game platform, so interest and the incentive to buy the platform will grow naturally as more games are developed. It's already hit the street by the way and, as they are building the same platform each time, production will only get faster from here. Yes, the upper playfield modules are different for each game, but they will have much less downtime than conventional companies between builds.

Also remember that this is the same company that makes the P-Roc and P3-Roc controllers and, with both American Pinball and Spooky using their board systems now, they have other revenue coming in. So they can take their time to get everything right.

#172 1 year ago

I've been seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a P3 for a while. Is there any way to buy this weekend and get the CCR promo if I'm not at TPF (but wish I were...)?

#173 1 year ago

Typed too soon, lol. A quick google search shows this quote on their deposit page:

"Deposits received by 12am CST on 3/19/2018 will be given a $500 credit towards the purchase of Cosmic Cart Racing (also expected to ship in summer 2018)."

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-pinball-machine/p3-pinball-machine-deposit/

#174 1 year ago

Watched Gerry speak and quick demo. Some cool stuff on ccr. Still seems like not enough variety / content/ strategy going on though.. I wonder if we’ll see another ‘traditional’ style game this year - maybe with some new mech modules that slide down the right and left sides to change up the shots over the left and right sides of screen. Inverted pop bumper or spinner would be cool

#175 1 year ago

TPF 2018 was a huge success! Thanks for following along from afar.

CCR is our first and long overdue foray into my favorite type of pinball game... fast and flowing. It's got a bunch of physical and lighting features whose effectiveness will continue to improve as we tweak implementations of the software, but as it stands today (about 50% complete software), CCR is exactly what we wanted it to be: a physical pinball version of popular cart-style racing games.

One risk of doing things differently than everybody else and exploring new ideas in a very traditional industry is that people seeing the machine and/or new P3 games sometimes expect them to be like all of the other games. CCR is definitely not like other new games being released in pinball today. The playfield layout rivals that of any modern machine, but the software and game structure is very different. At TPF, most people who played it once didn't understand what was happening (mostly because the instructional overlays haven't been implemented yet - we dropped the ball on that one). Most people who played it more than once started to pick up on the way lighting effects are used to identify more valuable targets and how powerups can be used to help win races. The learning curve isn't steep, but it definitely exists, and we're always discussing ways to reduce it.

All that said, we were blown away by the enthusiasm for the game and the continued support for our efforts. We're continuing to learn and grow in the industry, and our presence at TPF was bigger than ever before. Thank you for being a part of our journey.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

2018-03-16 17.50.14 (resized).jpg

2018-03-16 18.07.35 (resized).jpg

2018-03-16 18.13.37 (resized).jpg

#176 1 year ago

Is the intent to keep the CCR module undecorated to allow it to be more easily used for many different games, or is it just early?

#177 1 year ago

Ryan Claytor posted a couple quick vids of ball locks-

Super cool feature. Does seem like the module could lend itself well to future software builds utilizing the layout as well. i am really hoping for more screen integration / animations in the 2nd half of the software

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Is the intent to keep the CCR module undecorated to allow it to be more easily used for many different games, or is it just early?

The CCR playfield is themed/decorated. The game is based around tubular race tracks in space, and the playfield artwork (both surface and plastics) is decorated with outer space elements (star fields, planets, etc). As such, it's still ripe for new rulesets and different space-based games, but the implementation was imagined specifically for CCR. I've never been a big fan of figurine-type toys and such on playfields, but there are spots for them as well.

I'll post some high resolution pics after we unpack the show machines.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Watched Gerry speak and quick demo. Some cool stuff on ccr. Still seems like not enough variety / content/ strategy going on though.

I expect you'll change your mind when you get a chance to play (on fully implemented software). The objectives are really very similar to traditional pinball games, complete with 'modes' requiring different shot combinations (implemented in different races/track), multiballs, lesser objectives to increase risk/reward, and of course powerups that can changed the whole flow of your progress (offensively and/or defensively). That said, CCR will definitely not be a super complex game that requires you to understand intricate relationships between rules/modes/etc and 45+ minutes to consider your game successful. That's not what I think makes pinball fun. In fact, I think super deep rulesets make pinball less fun in general. They have their place, but CCR isn't it. CCR is about action, flow, and fun gameplay.

- Gerry

#179 1 year ago

Had fun playing these at the show. I do think some better marketing would help sell these. My friends who do not attend the shows know nothing of Multimorphic. I always spend some time on these when I attend shows. One thing that did jump out at me was the game trim/armor. Was really bad powder coating compared to stern/cgc/jjp/spooky. For a $9500 price tag i feel it should be nicer. Overall i really like the package. Really fun to play and they had that one more game feel.

#180 1 year ago

gstellenberg - thanks for the reply - I like where you are going with the rules, sounds fun and it seems like you guys nailed the theme you were going for. I hope some year you’ll get 4 machines up here so we can play a linked 4 player ccr race- that would be pretty cool!

#181 1 year ago

Those videos are great! Anyone get and Grand Slam Rally footage? Still haven't seen that game.

#182 1 year ago

I must have played this about 10 times on Saturday with some friends, it was a ton of fun.

#184 1 year ago

I can't wait to see how this game develops. You can tell the code and on-screen visuals / info is still very premature, so it's hard to tell from the videos what gameplay and the final experience will be like. The lighting and magnets on the upper playfield look really cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing their version of a flow game.

Loved the red/yellow/green ball launch from the ramp!

I've been a P3 pre-order from the old PVC days, so it's good to see some of the visions coming to life. That said, it's hard coming out of every show and someone else is always the belle of the ball. Hopefully at some point over the next year or so, Multimorphic is in a position to start promoting games more heavily.

My concern is that SO MANY people seem obsessed with toys, playfield models (Back Alley), and overall aesthetics, that most people won't ever see the P3 as showing the "coolest" game at any given show. Post-show hype is temporary, but it would be nice to have some buzz around the P3 at some point. Unless they get a killer theme and show it mostly / fully realized, I'm guessing at best it will take until the aggregate game library is enough for people to stop ignoring the value proposition of the total package.

I know Gerry doesn't want a full siege of orders right now, since they're not ready to support them. But that said, something needs to change if that volume is ever to come. Maybe organic growth from a larger library will do it over time, and maybe the inclusion of their boards in Spooky's TNA and Alice Cooper help extend that timeline? That said, I feel something needs to happen at some point to make people take notice. A real cornerstone game, with a slew of "look what else I could add for super cheap" seems like what it would take.

#185 1 year ago

Out of curiosity - how hard would it be to remove the backbox on one of these? I love the idea of having a single machine that can play multiple games so I’m very interested to see how the platform develops, but if I can’t remove the backbox easily it’s not an easy purchase for me.

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Out of curiosity - how hard would it be to remove the backbox on one of these? I love the idea of having a single machine that can play multiple games so I’m very interested to see how the platform develops, but if I can’t remove the backbox easily it’s not an easy purchase for me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-official-multimorphics-p3-is-shipping#post-4003842

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

It's a 10 minute job involving about 10 cables and 2 bolts.

- Gerry

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I know Gerry doesn't want a full siege of orders right now, since they're not ready to support them. But that said, something needs to change if that volume is ever to come. Maybe organic growth from a larger library will do it over time, and maybe the inclusion of their boards in Spooky's TNA and Alice Cooper help extend that timeline? That said, I feel something needs to happen at some point to make people take notice. A real cornerstone game, with a slew of "look what else I could add for super cheap" seems like what it would take.

Definitely a chicken and egg thing (as so much of startup life is). If we ramped up sales quicker, we'd have a bigger marketing budget, but it takes a bigger marketing budget to ramp up sales. There's a similar dilemma with manufacturing. Ship more machines and grow the budget for better fixtures, jigs, processes and such, but shipping more machines without proper processes and problem solving would result in more service calls from frustrated customers that would impede ongoing manufacturing and process improvements because of our small team and limited resources.

Mind you, these are good problems to have to work through, but the choices we make in order to keep the business manageable aren't always what people in the community wish we were doing. From the outside looking in it's easy to say 'spend more money', 'do things faster', 'go to more shows', 'offer more incentives'. There are no ramifications to offering suggestions, but there are big ramifications to extending company resources beyond our means. Please don't stop with the suggestions though. We love and listen to all of them, and we act on many of them. Just please understand that not every suggestion is made with all of the inside information needed to justify implementing it. If you're able to help implement your suggestions (either financially or by donating (fully or partially) time/resources), definitely contact me. Multimorphic is where it is today because of passionate people in the industry who believe in and want to help us achieve our full vision.

We of course deal with the same catch-22 with investors. Because we're doing things differently than everybody else, potential investors want to see results before they'll be willing to invest (working machines, growing revenues, killer apps, etc), but we need money to get there. Well, we'll get there either way... either quickly with outside investor help or slower by continuing to make consistent progress with our small team, but it's admittedly frustrating answering questions about why we're not ramping up, marketing, and developing big name licensed themes as fast as all of the other manufacturers (most of whom are backed by $millions or aren't risking as much by innovating).

The good news is we all have the same goals... continue developing, manufacturing, selling, and shipping P3s and games. We're growing our volumes, improving our quality, increasing build times, developing new games, and attracting new customers (as proven by more sales during TPF weekend than any previous show). We're also providing control system boards (P3-ROC, PDBs, SW-16s, etc) to a growing list of other manufacturers, and that's super exciting for everybody involved.

- Gerry

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Definitely a chicken and egg thing (as so much of startup life is). If we ramped up sales quicker, we'd have a bigger marketing budget, but it takes a bigger marketing budget to ramp up sales. There's a similar dilemma with manufacturing. Ship more machines and grow the budget for better fixtures, jigs, processes and such, but shipping more machines without proper processes and problem solving would result in more service calls from frustrated customers that would impede ongoing manufacturing and process improvements because of our small team and limited resources.
Mind you, these are good problems to have to work through, but the choices we make in order to keep the business manageable aren't always what people in the community wish we were doing. From the outside looking in it's easy to say 'spend more money', 'do things faster', 'go to more shows', 'offer more incentives'. There are no ramifications to offering suggestions, but there are big ramifications to extending company resources beyond our means. Please don't stop with the suggestions though. We love and listen to all of them, and we act on many of them. Just please understand that not every suggestion is made with all of the inside information needed to justify implementing it. If you're able to help implement your suggestions (either financially or by donating (fully or partially) time/resources), definitely contact me. Multimorphic is where it is today because of passionate people in the industry who believe in and want to help us achieve our full vision.
We of course deal with the same catch-22 with investors. Because we're doing things differently than everybody else, potential investors want to see results before they'll be willing to invest (working machines, growing revenues, killer apps, etc), but we need money to get there. Well, we'll get there either way... either quickly with outside investor help or slower by continuing to make consistent progress with our small team, but it's admittedly frustrating answering questions about why we're not ramping up, marketing, and developing big name licensed themes as fast as all of the other manufacturers (most of whom are backed by $millions or aren't risking as much by innovating).
The good news is we all have the same goals... continue developing, manufacturing, selling, and shipping P3s and games. We're growing our volumes, improving our quality, increasing build times, developing new games, and attracting new customers (as proven by more sales during TPF weekend than any previous show). We're also providing control system boards (P3-ROC, PDBs, SW-16s, etc) to a growing list of other manufacturers, and that's super exciting for everybody involved.
- Gerry

Gerry, you and I have spoken enough over the years that hopefully you didn't take my comments as impatience. You know I'm in for the long haul. I do get frustrated for you that P3 is always so under the radar. I wish more people saw the potential and felt it was as cool as I do. As I said, I know you're not looking for a slew of orders now. You making sure you have the infrastructure and processes in place to support current and future sales. So why would you invest in marketing now? Totally get that. Going forward, I am concerned about what people seem to gravitate toward in a crowded market these days: flashy theme with a packed playfield. TNA is an obvious exception. But everyone is loving Alice this year. At last Expo it was all about JJP Pirates. Because the P3 is something different and multi-game, it's never going to have the same physical wow factor. I just hope, for everyone's sake, that enough consumers can get past that superficial evaluation of how excited to be about an upcoming game.

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Gerry, you and I have spoken enough over the years that hopefully you didn't take my comments as impatience.

Not at all, Tim. I quoted you but was addressing broader discussions about Multimorphic marketing (or lack thereof) and more background behind our decision making.

I totally agree that the market currently seems to react more positively to game debuts with 'world under glass' presentations with a definite bias towards presentation over gameplay (I know it's not that straightforward, but it's there), and initial goals of the P3 were gameplay features / modularity / variety / engineering / etc. It's interesting to me how many emails I get from people who spend time on LL-EE that describe how much they love the game after getting to spend some time digging into its depth and the variety of objectives and such. I've actually already gotten multiple such emails from TPF attendees.

I look forward to building out our team and debuting games with more initial wow factor, and that will happen. If I have my way, though, it'll never happen at the expense of playability.

Now if we could just keep from debuting games a few weeks early. Hmm... maybe Ed will delay TPF by a few weeks next year?

- Gerry

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Now if we could just keep from debuting games a few weeks early. Hmm... maybe Ed will delay TPF by a few weeks next year?

Wishful thinking. I've experienced very few release deadlines that didn't feel a couple weeks earlier than I wanted. When it's your baby, there's always the "if only I could have finished X" factor. But I get your point. I can't wait for the day you roll into shows with whatever your team will define as a "sufficiently polished" product.

#192 1 year ago

Any more vids?

#193 1 year ago

Can’t believe this is the 2nd year at tpf and no grand slam rally vids!!

Really hardly anything on cart racing either— seems there’s so many pinheads that have so far dismissed the p3 as too video gamish or gimmicky or non traditional (prob many without playing it or putting some time on it) There was way more coverage of an empty cabinet (kosmic kaos) - wtf?? Maybe if steve Ritchie designed the next p3 title more people would take notice - ha!

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

There was way more coverage of an empty cabinet (kosmic kaos) - wtf??

Boy, you really just nailed the whole "Pinball Conundrum". It is a market that has a history and continued legacy of valuing the art/aesthetics as a major part of the entire experience, and in weird ways the art can mask an entirely missing game (see Jpop).

P3 is definitely a potentially disruptive technology. I mean, it literally is, but there is a missing component of it that weighs heavily.

There was a lot of discussion of Alice Cooper's cabinet as well before the game was shown. People had a lot to talk about the cabinet. How the art "integrated" with the buttons. "Butter" cabinets. This excited people (traditional pinball people).

I wonder if Multimorphic should start demoing at Esports/gaming shows more. Try connecting with a new audience and see if they resonate there.

Like, for example there was a gaming show in my city last week. It had 12,000 attendance. It was all about Smash Bros, Call of Duty, and also indie gaming. No pinballs on site.

#195 1 year ago

It would be sweet to get SDTM to stream some head to head cosmic car racing vs each other. And/Or dead flip to stream some of the games the platform has to offer.

I hope P3 makes it to Banning CA for one of their many expos throughout the year. Huge Venue. CA folks gots money to spend! ...at least that's what other people tell us

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How does the artwork keep getting worse!?!? At what point will they get themselves a Dirty Donnie or Zombie Yeti!? It's massively important that these games LOOK GOOD in order for this endeavor to succeed. I say this as a fan of the platform!

Quoted from Rarehero:

If they had a theme that was exciting (unlicensed or licensed) with fantastic art direction, hype and opinions would change 100%. Most pinball people still see this as an interesting tech demo with awful art. Sure they had a ton of "games" at TPF, but they were more concept demos with even worse art! They need a killer art director who understands how to make these things shine on a budget. Being frugal doesn't always have to result in poor art...you just need a good artist who knows how to stretch the budget and create a few appealing assets to manipulate well.

These posts still ring true. Don't shoot the messenger, but as long as these games look like tech demos put together by engineers the appeal is going to stay super limited. People will come to shows, play them and find them fun, and then move on, because the audience for $10k games that aren't polished is extremely small.

My personal recommendation, take it or leave it, is that one really polished game would sell 10x as many P3s as 7 sketchy tech demos. It looks cool at a show to have them all lined up, you're showing the breadth and possibilities, I totally get it, but few people are going to spend that kind money for this level of presentation. IMHO.

Art and theme and presentation matter, you only have to read Pinside for 5 minutes to know that's true, and not just my opinion.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

These posts still ring true. Don't shoot the messenger, but as long as these games look like tech demos put together by engineers the appeal is going to stay super limited. People will come to shows, play them and find them fun, and then move on, because the audience for $10k games that aren't polished is extremely small.
My personal recommendation, take it or leave it, is that one really polished game would sell 10x as many P3s as 7 sketchy tech demos. It looks cool at a show to have them all lined up, you're showing the breadth and possibilities, I totally get it, but few people are going to spend that kind money for this level of presentation. IMHO.
Art and theme and presentation matter, you only have to read Pinside for 5 minutes to know that's true, and not just my opinion.

This.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Boy, you really just nailed the whole "Pinball Conundrum". It is a market that has a history and continued legacy of valuing the art/aesthetics as a major part of the entire experience, and in weird ways the art can mask an entirely missing game (see Jpop).
P3 is definitely a potentially disruptive technology. I mean, it literally is, but there is a missing component of it that weighs heavily.
There was a lot of discussion of Alice Cooper's cabinet as well before the game was shown. People had a lot to talk about the cabinet. How the art "integrated" with the buttons. "Butter" cabinets. This excited people (traditional pinball people).
I wonder if Multimorphic should start demoing at Esports/gaming shows more. Try connecting with a new audience and see if they resonate there.
Like, for example there was a gaming show in my city last week. It had 12,000 attendance. It was all about Smash Bros, Call of Duty, and also indie gaming. No pinballs on site.

The price point is way too high for the esports demographic and truth be told, pinball just simply doesn't resonate with a large portion of those demographics either.

I don't know much about P3, I hope they succeed and accomplish what they've set out to accomplish, but I know it's a tough road ahead when a business is aniche within a niche with limited capital in order to make the product a viable option to an already crowded market. Personally if I had a business in that position, social media would be heavily leveraged every single day just documenting the process of creating this business and journey.

The lack of art was one thing my wife and I noticed over the weekend and last year as well. After playing a couple of games I asked her and a few friends what they'd be willing to pay for one of these without them knowing the price point. No one got higher than $5200. That being said, it's such a small sample size, but I'm curious to see what others think about the price point in relation to the package that is being presented at these shows.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

After playing a couple of games I asked her and a few friends what they'd be willing to pay for one of these without them knowing the price point. No one got higher than $5200.

To be fair, nobody (including probably Gerry) would pay $10k for Lexy. Just like nobody would pay $400-500 for Call of Duty or Halo. Most of the cost is going toward the core system/infrastructure to support a multi-game platform. I agree with some of the comments above, and have expressed my own concerns about what creates a tipping point, but asking people what they'd pay without totally understanding the potential and opportunities available for the entire platform isn't fair.

#200 1 year ago

Love the comments. That you guys are vocal about ways to bring us broader appeal means you care enough to voice your opinions, and that's awesome. At the same time, our only real struggle at this point is in ramping up manufacturing. Our backlog is about 3 months and growing; so our efforts are heavily invested in manufacturing right now. The growing backlog seems to be a result of people enjoying our current games and loving the platform model. To Tim's point above, when we do start putting out individual games (game kits) that you guys would value at $10k and sell them for $3k (give or take), the value proposition of the P3 will be fully realized, and we'll be off to the races.

So while some days I wake up wishing the entire pinside community (and broader gaming community) was as gung-ho about the P3 as our early adopters, the truth is that would result in unmanageable growth. This is another way Multimorphic is different from most other pinball manufacturers. When other MFGs bring a new game to market, they have to sell hundreds or thousands to avoid big losses. The P3 and the platform model are long plays. We want to grow at a slower, steadier pace, at least for now.

I'll get some videos up soon on the current state of Cosmic Cart Racing. I'd love to get feedback and initial impressions. The groundwork is in place for an amazing game. Next steps are to add more onscreen instructions to help people understand the game better (that's the biggest thing that was missing at TPF).

- Gerry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside