(Topic ID: 184651)

Multimorphic P3 at TPF thread, post reviews and video here! (Now including 2018)

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yetimon
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-03-16 18.13.37 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 18.07.35 (resized).jpg
2018-03-16 17.50.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180316_175004 (resized).jpg
29249633_1734084833319403_8602124778632904704_n (resized).jpg
010-tpf-2018-850x566 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).png
39e (resized).jpg
TPF game list (resized).png
IMG_1241 (resized).JPG
IMG_1242 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1238 (resized).JPG
IMG_1237 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
10eaeaf09d76e60ad30056073d379c534959f868 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #110 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #113 Gerry answers some questions from the thread. Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 2 years ago

The first pics of the Multimorphic booth are in (thanks Labnip). Looks like they have 4 machines there, maybe 5? I wonder if any of them are from the first production run.

The team will be revealing 3 new mini-games tomorrow:
Pinball Trainer
Grand Slam Rally (first 3rd party produced game)
Heads Up (first head-to-head game)

Gerry's seminar is at noon tomorrow.

996da99c8c969aba3e0e37b94e279899519d9f11 (resized).jpgf3b8b387efec56b0a4e7c658f5bb91b33967fdd6 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Eight machines.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#3 2 years ago

How about some playfield pictures?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Eight machines

Whoa! That's insane.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Whoa! That's insane.

So sounds like at least a couple from the first official run.. I think Gerry said they were keeping at least 8 of the first run for shows and such? That's awesome that they got 8 lined up with all the different games, I think that will def pull in some orders!

Thanks for starting the thread solarvalue !!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Thanks for starting the thread

No problem. Actually I couldn't help myself, I'm so excited for this system. I look at the other games coming out and think: "that's great, but it's only one game." So many more possibilities with the P3.

What an awesome showing at TPF! Love the toppers differentiating the different types of games.
Let's get some more pics and video rolling in.

#7 2 years ago

I must be OCD because I just love seeing all of those identical cabinets, lined up side by side in perfect unison. Man I wish I was there.

#8 2 years ago

Video.... I need video damnit! I want to see them in action! Ive already reached out to P3's pinside account about pinfest next month. NO RESPONSE Come on guys I really want to see one of these in action.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Ive already reached out to P3's pinside account about pinfest next month. NO RESPONSE

I'm sure they have been busy with production and the lead-up to TPF, probably why they haven't responded.

#10 2 years ago

Yeah I'm not getting down on them. I know they've been swamped.

I'm just really eager for some information, feels like its been forever and I'm anxious to finally see it in person.

Hey P3 How about some facebook updates at least?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I'm just really eager for some information

I think they are launching a new website tomorrow as well, maybe someone could ask about this?

#12 2 years ago

We are a little busy. We will post info ASAP!

image (resized).jpeg

#13 2 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#14 2 years ago

How does the artwork keep getting worse!?!? At what point will they get themselves a Dirty Donnie or Zombie Yeti!? It's massively important that these games LOOK GOOD in order for this endeavor to succeed. I say this as a fan of the platform!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How does the artwork keep getting worse!?!? At what point will they get themselves a Dirty Donnie or Zombie Yeti!? It's massively important that these games LOOK GOOD in order for this endeavor to succeed. I say this as a fan of the platform!

Hmmm.. I like the lexy art, but have to agree with heads up (and I'm not one to be too critical of art on pins), is that like a proto translite or just for the show?

#16 2 years ago

Maybe mandraws can create some alternate translights? He would make them awesome.

#17 2 years ago

I can't be the first to suggest this, but a licensed or "inspired" version of Bust-a-Move could be a hit on the P3! Especially in network play!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I can't be the first to suggest this, but a licensed or "inspired" version of Bust-a-Move could be a hit on the P3! Especially in network play!
» YouTube video
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I think mr. K has suggested something similar, but yeah there could be some fun to be had there, esp head to head

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Hmmm.. I like the lexy art, but have to agree with heads up (and I'm not one to be too critical of art on pins), is that like a proto translite or just for the show?

The translite is just for the show.

#20 2 years ago

Man, all those P3s lined up in a row is making August seem even further away now

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Man, all those P3s lined up in a row is making August seem even further away now

Ha! I have been rewatching all p3 content on YouTube over last month hoping to notice something new -- hopefully tpf video posts can tide me over till shipping

#22 2 years ago

OK, TPF attendees, now is your time to shine. Go forth and gather all the pics, video and gameplay experiences of the P3 that you can. Then return here to report. Fly my pretties, fly!

#23 2 years ago

Omg... Would it kill P3 to post a video or two? Do they not have anyone doing marketing? There should be someone out there doing some cheerleading for their new product. I can't believe no facebook posts, no YouTube videos, barely a dribble on pinside. Hello? P3? Anyone?

#24 2 years ago

You know what would really get this off to a good start? Some video from their new production facility... Followed by an interview or two from one or two of their designers/engineers about the process and thoughts while creating the game(s). Maybe some gameplay at the show or a general overview video of the playfield highlighting the unique shots or parts of the game.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Omg... Would it kill P3 to post a video or two? Do they not have anyone doing marketing? There should be someone out there doing some cheerleading for their new product. I can't believe no facebook posts, no YouTube videos, barely a dribble on pinside. Hello? P3? Anyone?

They've been busy a hell making games, getting machines built, and preparing for the show. Maybe you should have just gone to TPF, then your impatience wouldn't be an issue.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Lol, they've made announcements periodically and gerrys done some videos on YouTube covering some of the innovations and lexy gameplay.

A lot of focus though on getting the machines built now. Once production picks up I expect you will see more marketing. Doesn't make sense to use limited resources on marketing rather than dev and construction when you can't sell people a game.. but also they've been done a great job resptesrnting at shows they were able to get to every year.

User/owner vids also probably coming late next month as the first ones ship

#27 2 years ago

Guys its not that. Im afraid of yet another great concept going down the tubes because of poor marketing. I think the video/pinball combination is a great idea and this is an amazing take on integrating the two. Ive seen plenty of P3's videos and have been less than thrilled with the footage provided. I think the videos like what was done for "Total Annihilation" really give you a good feel for the gameplay and overall make me excited to play the game (as a matter of fact im MORE excited to see Total Annihilation as a result). Marketing can either make or break a game. Getting people excited about it matters. Getting attention matters. Bringing people closer to your story and making them relate counts to making it in this industry. Especially as the home market continues to grow.

That said, im not trying to be a Debbie downer, i just want to light a fire under this thing. I want the P3 machine to be all it can be.

#28 2 years ago

I think your point is fair. Even with them shipping soon, it's still getting a tepid response here it seems. Sort of a problem with an engineer running a company (I am one) , so focused on technogy (classical 'quality') and not enough on the 'sex sells' part (romantic 'quality')

- see also, Zen and the art of motorcycle Maintenance

Quoted from lurch:

Guys its not that. Im afraid of yet another great concept going down the tubes because of poor marketing. I think the video/pinball combination is a great idea and this is an amazing take on integrating the two. Ive seen plenty of P3's videos and have been less than thrilled with the footage provided. I think the videos like what was done for "Total Annihilation" really give you a good feel for the gameplay and overall make me excited to play the game (as a matter of fact im MORE excited to see Total Annihilation as a result). Marketing can either make or break a game. Getting people excited about it matters. Getting attention matters. Bringing people closer to your story and making them relate counts to making it in this industry. Especially as the home market continues to grow.
That said, im not trying to be a Debbie downer, i just want to light a fire under this thing. I want the P3 machine to be all it can be.

#29 2 years ago

Tepid at best... A year ago. The response is downright frigid now. I suggest someone get the game room review guys a machine to play. (i forget their names, but they recently did a good review of dialed-in). Or hell, get me a machine to take to pinfest and I'll buy some go pros to make a review and footage myself.

#31 2 years ago

Finally.... Something. Thank you.

#32 2 years ago

I'll post a bunch of videos after the seminar (which starts imminently).

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#33 2 years ago

apparently whoever was supposed to stream the semimnars is dropping the ball?

#34 2 years ago

In seminar. Lexy Apparently now in production. First run sold out. Second run starts in July and ships in aug.

#35 2 years ago

I don't believe anyone is streaming the show... Nothing on their site about it (hell there aren't even events listed on the tpf page) as expected there is nothing in multimorphics facebook page and I can't find anything on pinside about this.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I don't believe anyone is streaming the show... Nothing on their site about it (hell there aren't even events listed on the tpf page) as expected there is nothing in multimorphics facebook page and I can't find anything on pinside about this.

Ed posted a while back looking for someone to stream seminars -- then updated to say "position filled". I had Randy ask him where to watch and he said texas_pinball on twitch.

#37 2 years ago

I don't see anyone with a camera.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ed posted a while back looking for someone to stream seminars -- then updated to say "position filled". I had Randy ask him where to watch and he said texas_pinball on twitch.

good call. Just found it..... Says offline

https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball

#39 2 years ago

There is one on a tripod but no one is controlling it or aiming it at anything important.

#40 2 years ago

The seminar is winding down now, they're doing q&a. The presentation before that was very brief, I don't believe there was anything announced that wasn't already public in Gerry's last update.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

The seminar is winding down now, they're doing q&a. The presentation before that was very brief, I don't believe there was anything announced that wasn't already public in Gerry's last update.

Thanks for the update.

#42 2 years ago

The questions are pissing me off. Here is Gerry in production ready to sell machines, and most of the questions are asking about far fetched "can it do X" future ideas and not what it can do today (which is a lot).

#43 2 years ago

Imo. After several years most of us know what it can currently do.

#44 2 years ago

yup, i think most of us know what it can do now. I believe most of the questions/statements are more philosophical. Like: imagine if you could put X in it, that would be cool. Or, imagine if we could do X with it.

I think they are great, and should be considered as suggestions or people exploring the possibilities with their imaginations. Its a good thing, its making people think.

#45 2 years ago

Sure, I get it; but there won't be such a opportunity for future features if they don't sell the games they have now. I'd love to see more ideas about what people can do with the systems current capabilities, which like I said is a lot.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Sure, I get it; but there won't be such a opportunity for future features if they don't sell the games they have now.

And thats what upsets me! NO live-stream, no marketing, no videos, barely any pictures, no facebook updates, no interviews, nothing. Just old youtube videos, and radio silence.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

And thats what upsets me! NO live-stream, no marketing, no videos, barely any pictures, no facebook updates, no interviews, nothing. Just old youtube videos, and radio silence.

We are running the first eight machines from the CM at a crowded show and just finished a seminar. We are happy to be busy with the folks who are here and at the booth, and I personally wish you could be here at the show ...and I also know that doesn't really help.

We will get videos up as fast as we can. Again, sorry.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

We are running the first eight machines from the CM at a crowded show and just finished a seminar. We are happy to be busy with the folks who are here and at the booth, and I personally wish you could be here at the show ...and I also know that doesn't really help.
We will get videos up as fast as we can. Again, sorry.

Thank you.... I understand you are busy and focused on the show and right now you need to focus on the show. That said, most of your base following is right here on pinside... It would benefit you greatly to include folks in pinside as it's already a great tool to get your message out there.

I'm not trying to be ungrateful. I honestly want to help and see this thing succeed! As I've said many times, it's an innovative product I'm just concerned that it's not getting the attention it deserves.

I'll shut up now.

#50 2 years ago

Gotcha lurch -- I see where your coming from. I guess I get the feeling that because the proto to production time has been so long on this, the p3 won't be made or broke by marketing right now.. it's just a slower and continuing process that will take time to reach people thru shows and games in the wild as more games for it are also made.

I think some of the cold response on pinside is due to people either not having a chance to play, needing a big hit game to be converts, or others that are still traditionalists. But I don't think the P3 needs quite the hype as a new single game launch where you hope to sell a ton of units right away.. p3 is able to be a long term product.

All that said, more marketing never hurts and could help with early orders. I'll be interested to see the pinside response when someone nails a licensed theme on this platform

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
LightAndTimeArt
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 125.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Little Shop Of Games
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside