Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by solarvalue
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61AAdL76S-L._AC_SL1000_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_2114-ANIMATION.gif
    4895d434959bdd27203700cdf2bf0e448d0451dd (resized).png
    Screen-Shot-2020-03-07-at-9.26.37-PM (resized).png

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

From a recent TWIP interview with Multimorphic:

"The theme is unlicensed, but it’s also super well known and highly entertaining. The game’s creative director, Stephen Silver, created an amazing story and layout that integrates the theme perfectly. When you hit the start button, you’re immediately immersed in the world he built for you, and gameplay keeps you immersed until your final drain."

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-special-edition-march-9th-2020/

Screen-Shot-2020-03-07-at-9.26.37-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-03-07-at-9.26.37-PM (resized).png

Anyone have any ideas what this game could be about?

#3 4 years ago

Well, something's making tracks there. So I'd wager we're not in space anymore - but perhaps a rocket tied to the arrow?

I'm really looking forward to seeing this mechanism that Gerry's spoken about... after seeing what they were able to do with the magnetic locks in CCR, they have quite a bit to live up to!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Almost looks like Hot Wheels

+

#5 4 years ago

Just realized: is that insert unique? I don't think I've ever seen an arrow with tails in another game?

#6 4 years ago

I don't even care what the theme is, I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!! Always something new and innovative to look forward to in P3 games.

#7 4 years ago

There's a street and a flaming arrow. I'd guess a racing theme but that's what their last game was.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from bean_:

I'd guess a racing theme but that's what their last game was.

Looking at the treads of the tires, perhaps something more monster truck or demolition derby related?

#9 4 years ago

tank treads?

#10 4 years ago

Tuned in. Doesn't look like anything from Quest for Glory (which by the way has the foundation to be pretty epic). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-game-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-quest-for-glory-pinball

So far I enjoy Lexi but not the other games. If they come out with 3-4 games that are different and I enjoy it would probably push me over the edge to finally get one. It's the entry price that holds me back right now being that Lexi is the only game of real interest of mine right now. The P3 platform has a lot of potential and I'm glad to see people starting to build new games for it now.

#11 4 years ago

The kids love the other games. We have fun competitions on Rocs and Cannon Lagoon. But yeah, having another full game will be cool.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Just realized: is that insert unique? I don't think I've ever seen an arrow with tails in another game?

Titan Pinball showed a teaser last week of the insert being cut: https://www.facebook.com/100006837031258/videos/2548687635369113/

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Doesn't look like anything from Quest for Glory (which by the way has the foundation to be pretty epic).

I can confirm it's not Quest for Glory (thanks for following the project, though)!

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Titan Pinball showed a teaser last week of the insert being cut:

I saw a still from that and didn't notice the tails on the arrow. Pretty neat!

#15 4 years ago

When I first saw the arrow insert I guessed Robin Hood, but the artwork doesn't jive with that. (Besides, American Pinball filed for the rights to that IP)

I'll take a random stab at it and say Around the World in 80 Days. I base it solely on knowing that it's a free license, well known, and there is an insert of a flaming arrow on a road which conveys an idea of traveling fast. Having a hot air balloon toy swooping around the playfield would be very neat

It also sorta reminded me of Roadshow. The marks on the pavement remind me of treads on construction equipment, and the fire of destruction in their wake. Or maybe a modern take on Taxi.

#16 4 years ago

Looks like an insert from Hot Wheels

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Looking at the treads of the tires, perhaps something more monster truck or demolition derby related?

BigFoot.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robin Hood, but the artwork doesn't jive with that. (Besides, American Pinball filed for the rights to that IP)

Robin Hood first appeared in English folklore around the 1400s. Anyone interested in making a Robin Hood game can do so, no license required.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hood

#19 4 years ago

Channeling my inner Dr. Ken Jeong... I know exactly what this is… monster trucks!

#20 4 years ago

Looks like tyre tracks going across a bridge, can't quite make out what is under the bridge, looks like a toaster. And the text says "Lo...", I guess that's lock.

#21 4 years ago

Top right — been staring at it a while.. looks like a green sign on top starting with ‘a’ — atm machine? Looks like a screen below that sign and what could be an atm? Not sure what that has to do with theme... and not convinced that’s what it is just spitballing..

Also there’s a versatile mech with a big personality and There’s tank treads.. wondering if it has something to do with robots and there’s some kind of interactive robot mech that picks up the ball, can place or toss it, be bashed.. etc.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Robin Hood first appeared in English folklore around the 1400s. Anyone interested in making a Robin Hood game can do so, no license required.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hood

American Pinball applied for the trademark though

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-february-11th-2019/

So if they get it, you could still make a Robin Hood game but you can't call it Robin Hood directly.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Top right — been staring at it a while.. looks like a green sign on top starting with ‘a’ — atm machine? Looks like a screen below that sign and what could be an atm? Not sure what that has to do with theme... and not convinced that’s what it is just spitballing..

Maybe some sort of cops and robbers theme? Go rob a bank and get away from the police

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe some sort of cops and robbers theme? Go rob a bank and get away from the police

Good theme ..safe cracker is the only one to my knowledge

#25 4 years ago

The letters peeking out have a nice comic art style - curious to see the whole package!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Good theme ..safe cracker is the only one to my knowledge

I haven't played it, but The Mafia also seems to be bank robbery themed. Kingpin is cops and robbers adjacent

#27 4 years ago

Fair — haven’t played either of those but safecracker is a great game.. so different from classic 3 ball in a very good way

#28 4 years ago

Well Kaneda was excited, so Gerry's hype is working!

#29 4 years ago

4895d434959bdd27203700cdf2bf0e448d0451dd (resized).png4895d434959bdd27203700cdf2bf0e448d0451dd (resized).png

#30 4 years ago

Looking forward to flipping this one

#31 4 years ago

Very happy that the reveal is going to go ahead. Will give us something to celebrate!

#32 4 years ago

is the reveal going to be streamed? If so, which platform. I am eagerly awaiting this release!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

is the reveal going to be streamed? If so, which platform. I am eagerly awaiting this release!

I'll be interested in this information, too!

#34 4 years ago

It will likely be live streamed on twitch but the exact details are not yet determined.

#35 4 years ago

I predict "Heist" will be the next title.

#36 4 years ago

HOLY CRAP that looks great! And for $2750, it's a no-brainer. YouTube video is up, btw.

#37 4 years ago

Multimorphic’s next pinball creation is revealed: HEIST! Check it out!!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/heist-revealed-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Deep Dive: In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!

IMG_2114-ANIMATION.gifIMG_2114-ANIMATION.gif
    #38 4 years ago

My cops and robbers guess was sorta close and my random idea for an Around the World in 80s Day mech is sorta in there. I'm taking my two half rights as one full right.

#39 4 years ago

I’ll take 5 points for the ATM machine game looks rad!!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

and there’s some kind of interactive robot mech that picks up the ball, can place or toss it, be bashed.. etc.

This is basically describing the crane.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjw998:

This is basically describing the crane.

True! Ten points for the win??

5 months later
    #42 3 years ago

Two Captive balls, one on each side. Actually small ping pong balls; they with look an act like steel balls. Inlay will be one piece, need I say more? This will change pinball!

#44 3 years ago

Gerry, you were told not to give away R&D information. Please stop the leaks or you will be reported to admin.

Please do not disclose the fact that these "floating balls" contain RFID and have the ability to change color. Or any pictures of that "other thing".

#45 3 years ago

Just wait until you see the version that works without the ball guide!

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#46 3 years ago

Click bait. Nothing to see here, move along.

So you are ready to reveal the first 3D playfield? I'm very curious to know how you will suspend that mini-playfield.

61AAdL76S-L._AC_SL1000_ (resized).jpg61AAdL76S-L._AC_SL1000_ (resized).jpg
    #47 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

So you are ready to reveal the first 3D playfield?

Can you buy a bunch of unsold 3D TVs from that fad several years ago? Put that in and baby you've got a stew going.

#48 3 years ago

You promised not to reveal Trey. We both know about the glass. Don't blow it OK? Remember Pinball2000.

7 months later
    #49 2 years ago

We need to spark talk of the NEXT p3 pf module. Scott danesi music, some thing something amazing?!?

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

We need to spark talk of the NEXT p3 pf module. Scott danesi music, some thing something amazing?!?

And before that reveal, apparently a pretty important Heist update on the horizon!

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-new-game-speculation-thread?hl=sixleggeddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.