• Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1FCE5484-7F24-4C0A-99E1-597DEB038087 (resized).jpeg
11A5A2C3-D498-4E2A-869B-685867FF0173 (resized).jpeg
1E39A532-8C38-41B4-9310-B209C761499F (resized).jpeg
6287095C-647B-4C40-9FAF-D5113B6799C5 (resized).jpeg
Note May 11, 2022 2022-05-11 20_53_29.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20211122_010546 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211122_010559 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211122_010517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211122_010503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211122_010511 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211122_010438 (resized).jpg
BB28F39B-11D8-464A-A74B-4797D6E92B44 (resized).jpeg
26205FB8-F3B7-4AE0-B604-ECBCD691D39A (resized).jpeg
E8B4B248-2547-43E9-A1CF-E5767527D941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210823_142952 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210728_154010 (resized).jpg
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 2 years ago

Check out abvideoarcades.com

#152 2 years ago

As promised, here are pictures of my light gun mame cabinet I designed, I’m having trouble getting a video up.

It uses the GUN4IR system, best light gun system in the market, no white border like sinden and no constant calibration like aimtrak. Has over 150 light gun games. Uses Big box as the front end. Digital marquee changes as games are selected and played.

If you are interested in one, PM me. I can build ones with custom designs.

0E7AAB0A-3CC4-43CE-9C84-D380F4617130 (resized).jpeg0E7AAB0A-3CC4-43CE-9C84-D380F4617130 (resized).jpeg627364DA-77D4-4679-A426-F7FD18242BBD (resized).jpeg627364DA-77D4-4679-A426-F7FD18242BBD (resized).jpegDBD99A1E-AD05-4D3F-9C89-D12EB566F122 (resized).jpegDBD99A1E-AD05-4D3F-9C89-D12EB566F122 (resized).jpegE75EDDC3-A893-4EE4-8B12-4D2E3E9C159E (resized).jpegE75EDDC3-A893-4EE4-8B12-4D2E3E9C159E (resized).jpeg
#153 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I have a multicade question for you guys that have more experience than me (which is zero)
I just got an AtGames Legends Ultimate. I bought a 5400 usb game stick on Etsy. The games work great and we are having tons of fun with it, but I’m not a fan of how either interface (not sure what to call it) works.
Coinopsx is cool looking but takes too long to load up and navigating the different systems to the favorites list is too complicated for my young girls.
Addonx loads fast and I like the look of the games as the game box, but I can’t add a favorites. Right now on Addonx it just shows all the different systems on the left and then when you highlight them it shows every game associated with that system.
My question is, can I put the USB in my computer, make a new folder called Favorites or something like that and move the games I want to regularly play, about 100 of them, into that folder so when I go to addonx my girls can just pick from the games I put on the favorites? If this is something I can do, is there a quick way of explaining how to do that or a tutorial online somewhere? I have zero experience with mames or raspberry pi or emulation or any of that.
Thanks. Here is a picture of my girls playing our multicade, they love it!
[quoted image]

Not sure. I've been going through a couple of multicades and just bought an Arcade Legends ultimate like you ($499 at Sams Club) and a 7200 game stick off Etsy (to arrive and be installed this week). If you are having trouble with the menu... I saw a cool overpriced topper with simple instructions. Here is the simple version.

coinop (resized).jpgcoinop (resized).jpg
#154 2 years ago

Very cool topper! I had actually been thinking about printing some directions for guests when they come over. I used to have a Pandora’s box stick hooked up to an atcade1up with about 2k games and when guests would come over they would spend more time looking for games than playing. With that I made a favorites list and actually hid the rest of the games but that was a built in option on the stick

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Very cool topper! I had actually been thinking about printing some directions for guests when they come over. I used to have a Pandora’s box stick hooked up to an atcade1up with about 2k games and when guests would come over they would spend more time looking for games than playing. With that I made a favorites list and actually hid the rest of the games but that was a built in option on the stick

That screen grab is from ETSY. I actually ordered one. I think it was $90 shipped, which is outrageous for what it is and slightly more than the thumb drive I ordered, but it looks really nice. I've played the game with guests having a hard time finding games.

I have only briefly gotten to play on the ATHOME Legends Arcade and the quality and assembly is as good or better than ARCADE 1up, but the games it comes with are lacking. I think the COINOPX is the way to go.

When set up and I've had some time to play I will do a writeup on ARCADE1up vs Retropi vs COINOPSX vs MAME as I will have rotated all through the arcade.

#156 2 years ago

Spent about 4 hours today scrolling through all 5400+ games and making a favorites list. Got 80 some games on it, a mix of arcade, Atari 2600, sega genesis NES and Super NES. Played a bunch of test games with my older daughter had a ton of fun. The only game I really wanted to play that we couldn’t get to work right was Atari canyon bomber. I could get it to play one player but even though we changed game modes a lot we couldn’t get the second player to work.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

As promised, here are pictures of my light gun mame cabinet I designed, I’m having trouble getting a video up.
It uses the GUN4IR system, best light gun system in the market, no white border like sinden and no constant calibration like aimtrak. Has over 150 light gun games. Uses Big box as the front end. Digital marquee changes as games are selected and played.
If you are interested in one, PM me. I can build ones with custom designs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

That looks fantastic.

Why Thank you!!! It turned out better than I hoped!...I always loved the light gun games in the arcades. This handles everything from Duck Hunt (NES), to Mad Dog Mcree, to T2 and can even handle modern shooters like Aliens Extermination. There are a couple of homebrew games from Steam that also play super smoothly.

And since I used a smart TV for the monitor, you can acutally use it to play Netflix and other streaming services too.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my Extreme home arcades almost done! What u guys think of my art work choice?
Now where to put it , no room left in my house.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi oneangrymo-

Good to see that your machine is almost past the finish line. It's a fantastic day when your EHA machine arrives & I'm sure you will somehow manage to find room for it.

Also, don't forget to register at the EHA Home Owners Unite FB Page. You will have a few questions w/ machine setup, then a few ?'s down the line. There is tons of guidance & useful information regarding everything EHA on this site.

Enjoy!

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Why Thank you!!! It turned out better than I hoped!...I always loved the light gun games in the arcades. This handles everything from Duck Hunt (NES), to Mad Dog Mcree, to T2 and can even handle modern shooters like Aliens Extermination. There are a couple of homebrew games from Steam that also play super smoothly.
And since I used a smart TV for the monitor, you can acutally use it to play Netflix and other streaming services too.

For my next build I think I want to build a smaller version of a Guitar Hero cabinet with some nice speakers. I want it to run Clone Hero (Guitar Hero Emulator), plus have a jukebox mode where you can select songs using the guitars and have the music play in the background. If space were not a concern, having a separate dedicated light gun build would be ideal. That said, I might try to squeeze in some light guns into that music build. Pull out holsters on the sides would be kind of cool.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Have you purchased from there?

#162 2 years ago

Does anyone have experience with this board? I have had it for a few years now, and it been really good. I have the daughter board for it to be able to change things on games, but haven't had good luck doing it. Are there upgrades for the board? It has a flat screen lcd that isn't put in like a normal screen. I would like to be able to switch it to a Arcadeservices lcd, with proper mount so I can put a proper glass in.

20211112_161430 (resized).jpg20211112_161430 (resized).jpg
#163 2 years ago

I did buy the 3500 game cocktail with tilt up screen and stools about one year ago. Service and communication was excellent. Quality was commercial grade. The cocktail style games sit fairly low to the ground, so I ended up getting a riser. Cocktail games sold by anyone may be uncomfortable for full sized adults.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I did buy the 3500 game cocktail with tilt up screen and stools about one year ago. Service and communication was excellent. Quality was commercial grade. The cocktail style games sit fairly low to the ground, so I ended up getting a riser. Cocktail games sold by anyone may be uncomfortable for full sized adults.

How are the joystick and button quality? Screen? I'm thinking of this one.

https://abvideoarcades.com/product/abvideoarcades-4-player-standup-arcade-machine-3500-classic-games-32-inch-screen-upright/

I thought the site looked at a little sketchy, misspelled words, etc.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Those look pretty neat. Have you (or anyone you know) ever bought from them?

#166 2 years ago

You'd be much better off buying an arcade 1up with riser and converting into a multitude instead of buying pre-built. Pretty simple do to, and a fraction of cost. If you're not computer savvy, you can even buy a pre-built PC system with thousands of games for about $600. I got a ding and dent system for $550.

#167 2 years ago

Here's my multicade. Cabinet is from recroommasters, pc system from arcade-one. Also have light guns setup. Recroommasters has since gone out of business

16368206694036741113124884458455 (resized).jpg16368206694036741113124884458455 (resized).jpg
#168 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Does anyone have experience with this board? I have had it for a few years now, and it been really good. I have the daughter board for it to be able to change things on games, but haven't had good luck doing it. Are there upgrades for the board? It has a flat screen lcd that isn't put in like a normal screen. I would like to be able to switch it to a Arcadeservices lcd, with proper mount so I can put a proper glass in.
[quoted image]

I had one of those a few years ago.
You can access the HD and add games. Get games working properly etc. I remember adding zookeeper and a few others. The roms for most missing games are already on the HD just not placed in the right folders. And the XML list needs editing. You can also edit the background "games family" and loading image. Pretty decent for what it is.

I just recently found a 19" CRT that I put in my pi cabinet to get those blacks black. And pixels perfect.
Currently running 13,000 games even thought I only play about 6.

Zookeeper, tempest, dig dug, burger time, Juno first and donkey Kong.
Are my most played. Lol

I think I'm going to mount the monitor vertical. And just load vertical classic roms. And 3 button games As the cabinet was vertical originally. Taito space invaders part 2 cabinet. But I will need to print a new cpo and bezel.

IMG_20210728_154010 (resized).jpgIMG_20210728_154010 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_142952 (resized).jpgIMG_20210823_142952 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_210018 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_210018 (resized).jpg
#169 2 years ago

I'll give that a look. I'm hoping to put a 19inch monitor in so I can also get a proper bezel and glass

#170 2 years ago

The quality of the track ball is excellent. The joysticks are 8 way and are excellent as well. I like the monitor: There is more to information on the website. You can call them and Sam can answer your questions and you can get a feel regarding their service.

#171 2 years ago

I love multi arcade as well. I modified a xbox shop stand and I hooked up with a xbox 360 and wii. Now I can play a few classic arcade games like SF, House of the Dead, Lethal Enforcers, Operation Wolf, Daytona, outrunner, guitar hero, FB Alpha (Mainly capcom arcade games) a few classic Mame like gold axe I & III. Those games were the games I enjoyed the most when i was a teenager. It is not a best looking arcade cabinet but it takes not too much space in my room.

26205FB8-F3B7-4AE0-B604-ECBCD691D39A (resized).jpeg26205FB8-F3B7-4AE0-B604-ECBCD691D39A (resized).jpegBB28F39B-11D8-464A-A74B-4797D6E92B44 (resized).jpegBB28F39B-11D8-464A-A74B-4797D6E92B44 (resized).jpegE8B4B248-2547-43E9-A1CF-E5767527D941 (resized).jpegE8B4B248-2547-43E9-A1CF-E5767527D941 (resized).jpeg
#172 2 years ago

Mortal Kombat/Midway Arcade 1up Legacy edition are on sale at Bestbuy today (11/17/2021) only for $349.99 delivered. Not my favorite but Mortal Kombat™, MortalKombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™,Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizards of Wor™ all included.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-mortal-kombat-legacy-arcade/6454302.p?skuId=6454302

#173 2 years ago

I just sold a used multicade that I bought to put on route (didn't find a spot for it and so decided to sell it) and the guy who bought it wants to return it because the bar/restaurant where he was going to put it won't take it. They are worried about the copyright issues. I am just curious what people think about having a multicade on route. Any concerns with copyright?

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

They are worried about the copyright issues. I am just curious what people think about having a multicade on route. Any concerns with copyright?

Probably safe to say most of these multi-game systems don't have legitimate licenses to bundle/sell games.
It's also unusual that arcade game manufacturers seem to have somewhat turned a blind eye for a long time.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

I just sold a used multicade that I bought to put on route (didn't find a spot for it and so decided to sell it) and the guy who bought it wants to return it because the bar/restaurant where he was going to put it won't take it. They are worried about the copyright issues. I am just curious what people think about having a multicade on route. Any concerns with copyright?

Is it a mame based multicade or does it run off a Jamma Blue Elf style PCB? The reason I ask, the Blue Elf boards were commercially produced and available for retail purchase, their main selection screen can have a coin amount assigned to pick a game. They would probably be ok with that style, a Mame based system where someone downloaded games or collections, would certainly leave one more vulnerable to lícense issues.

#176 2 years ago

I wouldn't want to route a multicade in my state. I think that's something the buyer needs to decide for themselves prior to making a purchase. Then again, if the buyer really wants to push you for selling unlicensed materials it's probably more trouble for you then them, so it might not be worth the hassle.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I wouldn't want to route a multicade in my state. I think that's something the buyer needs to decide for themselves prior to making a purchase. Then again, if the buyer really wants to push you for selling unlicensed materials it's probably more trouble for you then them, so it might not be worth the hassle.

I agree with this, but I probably wouldn't offer a refund.

Buyer purchased knowing full well what it was. It's on them if they didn't check with their client about wanting it or not. And, I would think (*not a lawyer), the buyer could be just as vulnerable if they were to push the issue of sale of unlicensed materials issue.

If buyer were to have bought drugs from someone and then the person they were buying for doesn't want them, they aren't off the hook for possesing/buying drugs.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Is it a mame based multicade or does it run off a Jamma Blue Elf style PCB? The reason I ask, the Blue Elf boards were commercially produced and available for retail purchase, their main selection screen can have a coin amount assigned to pick a game. They would probably be ok with that style, a Mame based system where someone downloaded games or collections, would certainly leave one more vulnerable to lícense issues.

It is a Blue Elf style 60 in 1

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

It is a Blue Elf style 60 in 1

I wouldn't offer your customer a refund. That's a commercially available control board. If they want a Wresltlefest PCB, Virtual Fighter PCB, or Soul Edge PCB, I can sell you/them one to replace the blue elf.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Mortal Kombat/Midway Arcade 1up Legacy edition are on sale at Bestbuy today (11/17/2021) only for $349.99 delivered. Not my favorite but Mortal Kombat™, MortalKombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™,Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizards of Wor™ all included.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-mortal-kombat-legacy-arcade/6454302.p?skuId=6454302

Thanks for this!! Just purchased it. Has a lot of good games not on the standard 60-in-1 jamma we already have.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

the Blue Elf boards were commercially produced and available for retail purchase

Aren't these just multi-game boards out of China?
Is there an official web site for these products? I'm curious to see what if any mention of license there is.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Aren't these just multi-game boards out of China?
Is there an official web site for these products? I'm curious to see what if any mention of license there is.

I mean, if you want to get technical yes lol. But these aren’t products bought in back alleys or only with cash at trade shows. There are tons of legitimate websites that sell these, including a bunch on Amazon.

I am with you, I doubt they actually obtained the licenses. And I probably wouldn’t put it on a route (not to mention the games aren’t always great emulations), but I would sell one to someone in a cabinet. OP advertised what it was and his buyer bought knowing that. I still don’t think he should be on the hook for a refund.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

There are tons of legitimate websites that sell these, including a bunch on Amazon.

Do any of these legitimate sites state that their multi-game products have any authorised license with or any mention of the original game manufacturers: i.e. Taito, Namco, Sega, Midway, SNK, Capcom, etc.

At least the Arcade1Up web site does state these.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Do any of these legitimate sites state that their multi-game products have any authorised license with or any mention of the original game manufacturers: i.e. Taito, Namco, Sega, Midway, SNK, Capcom, etc.

These boards are made in China. They don't exactly follow the rules

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Ok, so admittedly I never really examined their ads too much before. So, I checked 4 sites, 2 unknown to me, 2 that are rather large arcade part dealers and then a couple Amazon sellers. 2 sites listed games, as a surprise to me, one of them is a Huge world wide dealer, however not US based. None mentioned license by name or by MFR. Amazon was a mix of info and ads, but the constant misspellings are suspect.

To the best of my knowledge (*again not a lawyer) these are not illegal to own. As I said in my first post, I wouldn’t put it on a route. But I also wouldn’t have a problem selling someone a cabinet with one installed as long as you are up front about what’s in it.

I also wonder if the type of establishment would matter. As in quarter in machine to credit vs pay 10 per hour to access all
Machines on free play. One could make an argument that the money is for admission to the building and all “games are free as a courtesy”

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

These boards are made in China. They don't exactly follow the rules

That's my point.

Quoted from NovaCade:

To the best of my knowledge (*again not a lawyer) these are not illegal to own. As I said in my first post, I wouldn’t put it on a route. But I also wouldn’t have a problem selling someone a cabinet with one installed as long as you are up front about what’s in it.

I'm not a lawyer either but there might be merit in you playing games on these systems that you actually own the original arcade boards to, which are kept as a personal backup.
Otherwise I don't see the difference between these and buying/playing/selling pirated playstation games or pirated music CDs, etc.
Selling cabinets packed with these games is at your own risk.

The irony here is that a certain pinball person who's chased and harassed people for breaching pinball copyright, now himself sells these thousands in one arcade game systems.
Oh the hypocrisy..

BTW, I'm not here trying to police this, I just hope people make themselves better informed.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Selling cabinets packed with these games is at your own risk.

I don’t want anyone to get in trouble either.

Perhaps one would be wiser to sell the cabinet and offer the board as a free thank you gift.

#188 2 years ago

Nintendo has been known to go after people

#189 2 years ago

Here is my 3 in 1 gun game. Made from an old xenophobe cabinet.
Aliens extinction, house of the dead 3 and far cry Paradise lost. The kit was purchased from AliExpress. I 3d printed the gun bases and topper and panel parts etc.. I also painted the guns. They were blue and pink. The coin door at the bottom is a bar fridge.

It still isn't quite finished. I want to do more with the monitor shroud. Maybe some split tubing and black silicone.

IMG_20211122_010438 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010438 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010503 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010503 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010511 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010511 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010517 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010517 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010546 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010546 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010559 (resized).jpgIMG_20211122_010559 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#190 2 years ago

I do not play my multicade or any game much anymore, just too busy, but I always look forward to it.

While ago I turned it on and played Asteroids, Centipede, Juno First, Tempest, River Patrol, and Pole Position.

I actually set new high scores in Tempest, River Patrol, and Pole Position.

Very nice having all this on the ready.

Last year the game got to where it would not want to start, and I called Jason at Classic Game Rooms and he said it was probably the SD card, and he sent me a new card, and only asked that I mail back the old one, and while way out of warranty, the only costs I had was for postage for the sending the old card back.

This is the 12k+ games upright that Jason sells. I still really like it, and never plan to sell it.

If you ever get one of these, go ahead and have the steering wheel and gas/brake pedal added for the driving games, I have no clue why he does not go ahead and add those as a standard feature in the first place.

1 month later
#191 1 year ago

I’m hoping someone here can help. We were gifted this multicade. It came with a box of unopened games and a dead PC in the cabinet. Cannot find any info on the inside. What’s the easiest route to getting this back in operation, or finding the manufacturer for support? I could reload games on the PC once repaired, however, no way to “menu” through them.
Thanks,
Dennis

11A5A2C3-D498-4E2A-869B-685867FF0173 (resized).jpeg11A5A2C3-D498-4E2A-869B-685867FF0173 (resized).jpeg1E39A532-8C38-41B4-9310-B209C761499F (resized).jpeg1E39A532-8C38-41B4-9310-B209C761499F (resized).jpeg1FCE5484-7F24-4C0A-99E1-597DEB038087 (resized).jpeg1FCE5484-7F24-4C0A-99E1-597DEB038087 (resized).jpeg6287095C-647B-4C40-9FAF-D5113B6799C5 (resized).jpeg6287095C-647B-4C40-9FAF-D5113B6799C5 (resized).jpegNote May 11, 2022 2022-05-11 20_53_29.pdfNote May 11, 2022 2022-05-11 20_53_29.pdf
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multicades-i-am-hooked/page/4?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.