Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by cjzachmann
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5783 (resized).jpeg
    5784 (resized).jpeg
    big-bass-wheel-spin-ticket-redemption-game-baytek-games1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-13-15-20-11 (resized).png
    6F4DE133-4FD9-4F75-A81A-F5D357B07D66 (resized).png
    8A753518-D6FA-4D65-B65F-455EAB3DAD94 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9815 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Depending on the multicade it might be illegal.
    it might use MAME, one of those 60 in 1 boards, or be specific for home use (free play only). There are a few that are fine for commercial use, but they are usually limited on the number of games.
    That being said, 99% people aren't going to care or even think about it.
    There are a bunch of bars with playstations sitting out for patrons to play (technically that is illegal, but no one is going to enforce it)

I think pandoras box is set-up to accept coin, though I've never tried it.
    I went the ultracade route since it was technically legal for commercial use and it had the most old-school games on it. Found a bootleg hard drive on ebay for $100 bucks, think it had 280ish old school games on it. The computer is type specific, you can still find them on ebay and KLOV.

For me having a bunch of old-school arcade games doesn't make a lot of sense, based on earning potential and the room they take up. I understand the appeal of the original cabinet and board (no missing frames, original controls, artwork) but...

#4 4 years ago

here is the cocktail version.

For me I just bought a custom cabinet, wired it up and installed an ultracade computer in it.

IMG_9815 (resized).jpgIMG_9815 (resized).jpg
    #6 4 years ago

As far as old-school games, I have a few. Think the hardest thing with those is the monitor, just recap em and replace the flyback and they are usually fine for commercial use. The joysticks and buttons break every now and again but other then that, it's a lot easier then maintaining a pin.

Pretty sure Namco made a commercial arcade with defender on it recently.... I'd have to look around though.
    you could buy a replica from that guy on ebay or the game room goodies store. But your essentially buying a look alike cabinet with a multicade computer for over 3k. Even old school arcades are getting expensive.

Kids seem to play the older games but I would assume they would be more interested in the stuff from the 90's, like street fighter 4, tekken 5 etc.
    I'd get a crane game or key master if I had stuff at a movie theatre, heard those do phenomenal in family friendly places.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Just buy a legal game if you are concerned. They are very nice and play correct.
    https://pinballpro.net/shop/pac-man-pixel-bash-coin-operated-arcade-game-namco/
    [quoted image]

that's the one I was thinking of, wasn't 100% they made a commercial version of it. I might wind up getting one of those... it's a 4 way joystick?

1 week later
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

4 way or 8 way adjustable

by the player or op?
    via the restrictor plate?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multicade-what-do-you-think?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.