6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chris_james0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Multiball”

• Why not! Always hold balls in multiball, 29 votes
      56%
    • I'm with you, Feels like cheating 5 votes
      10%
    • who care's lets play pinball 18 votes
      35%

(52 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

I have been watching a few videos on how to play pinball and tournament vids etc, and
    I was wondering why it should be allowed to hold balls on one flipper while shooting the other?
    Always thought that Multiball play should be that - Playing with all 3 balls at once!
    I feel the other is cheating
    Do they allow this at PAPA?
    what are your thoughts:

When you're cradling a ball on one flipper you are partially taking that flipper out of play. It's not easy playing with just the other flipper. Also while one flipper is cradling you have a much larger center drain.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I've been trying to gain control of balls during multiball lately. I find that since I'm horrible at it, I am much better at playing them all live than I am at cradling two and trying to shoot just one.

Andrei Massenkoff won PAPA 11 (and took 2nd the year before) and he doesn't generally cradle during multiball. If he does, it's for very short periods, like to stagger a shot a little so he's effectively only dealing with one ball at a time. He's considered a "flow" player or an "on the fly" player (as opposed to a "control" player). So it is possible to play that style and do well.

The cradle techniques take a lot of practice and time to become proficient. It's definitely a "one step back to take two steps forward" kind of thing.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Takes a lot of skill to make cradling work for you during multiball. More power to you if your good enough to maintain it.
    I can do it for brief stints but usually end up with them all beck in play again. I'm working on doing it mostly when I'm down to two balls. What's fun is nailing the ball in play with your cradled ball in order to prevent it form going SDTM.

This is definitely tough to do. You have to see the ball heading for the middle early enough to release your cradled ball to roll far enough down the flipper to make it happen. And then if you have two balls cradled, do you risk putting them out of control to save the one that's heading down the drain? But then again, if you do have two balls cradled, your chances of achieving the deflection are higher. It's an extremely strategic situation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 50.00
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 25.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 21.00
    $ 11.95
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5.00
    $ 12.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside