12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spideynhb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your usual strategy for multiball?”

• Keep all 3 in play no matter what, mostly defensive shots 24 votes
      56%
    • Attempt to hold two of the balls and score with the third 17 votes
      40%
    • Let one ball drain intentionally so that you can easily hold one ball and score with the other 1 vote
      2%
    • Multiball? These things can have more than one ball in play at once? 1 vote
      2%

(43 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

I've only owned 4 games, with 3 of the 4 having 3 ball multiball, and one having 2 ball (Taxi). Of the two I have now, I find myself letting the first ball in 3 ball multiball in FH drain so that I can try to hit the trapdoor with the second. In Taxi I can usually hold a ball and try to shoot with the other, but with only two balls it's easier to lose multiball.

#2 12 years ago

I try to hold two pinballs on one flipper and score with the other. once you learn how to juggle the pinballs that are held on one flipper it gets easier to use this strategy.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

I try to hold two pinballs on one flipper and score with the other.

Me too. Unfortunately on SM, that makes me have to listen to annoying Stern flipper buzz..

#4 12 years ago

It depends on the game. Many games offer an incentive to keep as many balls as possible in play. If there is no penalty for letting one drain, I usually do.

1 year later
    #5 10 years ago

just want to bump this topic to see what other peoples tactics are,?? because my multiball skills have been terrible lately , and really letting my game down, any thoughts would be awesome!!!

#6 10 years ago

Keeping 2 balls trapped is the best strategy.
    I don't drain on purpose because you have nothing to loose. Even if it is a 4 ball mb.
    The period where you try to hold all the balls until the third ball drains can get you many points. If not you get to the 2 balls anyway..

#7 10 years ago

Pinball 101 describes some multiball control skills such as the cradle separation. Definitely recommended for that and other info.

Fun House is one of those games where the third ball can just get in the way. If you can trap two balls on a flipper you might shoot for gangways with the other, but I can't recall if those can be advanced during multi.

Here's a Fun House vid from the finals of Pinburgh 2012. (go to 47:00)

#8 10 years ago

If you have 2 balls on one flipper, and a thrid is coming down the inlane, wait. If it hits the 2, pushes them forward, and one starts to tip over the flipper, give the flipper a little click... like a half-flip. Just release the button and press it again almost instantly. This will make a ball bounce cleanly over to the other flipper. This technique is great once you get the hang of it.

#9 10 years ago

I know control is key to be a great pinballer, but some games it really pays off to become a claymore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multiball-tactics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.