Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wad54601
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Ok guys, this one has me puzzled (they all do as I'm still new at this!). Sometimes and not every time, when playing, a ball goes in the lock trough that isn't registered and the machine goes into hunt mode looking for it only to kick it out without registering the lock. I've ran a switch test and all switches test normally as working.

Any ideas?

Also, are all games of this period clear coated?

#2 5 years ago

I'm not familiar with the lock switch, but I assume it's mechanical. My guess is that sometimes the ball 'lands' hard enough to activate the switch and sometimes it 'lands' too softly to make the switch. When in switch test mode, use the ball to test the switch activation and see if you can get the ball to not activate the switch. Also, it may be that the switch is less likely to activate when the machine is 'cold', so try it right after a first power-on for the day.

Dunno about the clear coating, but I'd think so.

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, I've used the balls in test mode to test the switches and they all test normally. This was after first powering it up too.

#4 5 years ago

It can really only be a couple of things providing you don't have a bulb or something down there

The micro switch that sits around the up kicker...

The other 4 switches that are arranged on the membrane .

Does it ball search on the first ball lock? If so it's probably an intermittent issue with the micro switch.

If it never ball searches after the first ball lock but will after the 2nd, 3rd etc...it's probably the membrane switch

8 months later
#5 4 years ago

Does anyone carry the membrane switch?

1 month later
#6 4 years ago

I am having the same problem if I remove the trough the sensors(4) will still detect the pinballs. Does the switch lock the first ball? The metal ring on the switch might need to be adjusted. Going to try this when I get home.

Wade

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venedocia, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 10,999.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside