(Topic ID: 124745)

Multiball fail - do you prefer ball save or restart?

By Deaconblooze

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you prefer for MB...”

• Ball saver 1 vote
      33%
    • Restart shot 1 vote
      33%
    • No preference 1 vote
      33%

(3 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Timed ball save - This is nice, since it allows you to flail or take pot shots at some of the more dangerous shots until time is up. I usually adapt and try to gain control as the ball saver is about to end.

Restart shot - gives you a chance to make one clutch timed shot after draining all but one ball. .. the stakes are high!

I generally like my games more punishing, so I do like restart shots to a degree. At the same time, if I get to a difficult-to-achieve multiball, nothing's worse than draining immediately with no ball save. I'm curious what other people prefer.

#2 9 years ago

Depends on the table.

If the jackpot shots are difficult, sometimes restart is handy. If shots are risky or outlanes tend to drain, especially when balls bounce a lot upon release, ball save seems to work better.

#3 9 years ago

I would rather have to take one or two shots in a set amount of time to restart a multiball.
    New games like walking dead have way too long of ball saves for me.
    While it is fun to have a long multiball I don't want to do it every time.
    It can just lead to RFM or LOTR length games. Which I don't want on alot of games.
    edited to add this
    So I perfer no ball save no matter what but I'm into tough restarts if it's an option

#4 9 years ago

Well, since I still suck, I like the ball save because it lets me know I can flail more erratically than I usually do and actually get away with it.

#5 9 years ago

Games with no ball save, no restart, and tilt ends game are what I prefer. Tends to make me a better player.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multiball-fail-do-you-prefer-ball-save-or-restart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.