pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Capture 15 (resized).JPG
F0200199-E72C-4C7B-A891-09804CB61499 (resized).jpeg
CD18D75E-4E13-47E6-8F4D-81E7DEB59B8A (resized).jpeg
Capture 14 (resized).JPG
Capture 13 (resized).JPG
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

This is that switch in the previous clip you sent I believe. Yellow/black and black. Normally closed.

Quoted from ArgosySK:

Thanks for the update.
So we know the following.
At end of ball the bonus unit reset works and score points and the bonus zero relay triggers the bonus unit step.
If you tilt the onus unit rest works and the the bonus zero relay trigger the bonus unit step up.
So the failure is restricted to the beginning of game set up managed by the reset Relay.
The Bonus does count down to zero on reset.
The question becomes does the "Bonus zero" relay fire at the beginning of a game?
If it does not look at this switch.[quoted image]

5224BE2C-4952-45C7-A4C0-B6FE9A619BAA (resized).jpeg5224BE2C-4952-45C7-A4C0-B6FE9A619BAA (resized).jpeg
#52 3 years ago

Yes you have the right coil for bonus score relay and the correct game over switch.

This one is tricky. It does look like your bonus score relay is pulling in your pic. So I am assuming the game is on and on ball one.
This has been happening for a while because the coil paper is crispy. It will pull until player one score's a bonus.

So here is what I am thinking. The ball is kicking out for the 1st player before the bonus has reached zero.

Can you check and clean this switch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#53 3 years ago

BTW - it looks like the Make/break switch at the top of the stack is not gapped correctly. It looks like they are both sides making contact.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

BTW - it looks like the Make/break switch at the top of the stack is not gapped correctly. It looks like they are both sides making contact.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be testing this out in a few, which make break? The game over or the bonus relay?

#55 3 years ago

Bonus.

#56 3 years ago

Which side should be the make? Top of picture or bottom of picture?

#57 3 years ago

Ok, cleaned the switch stack in the middle, (green/black wire and yellow wire) cleaned the make break on the top of the switch stack, gapped it to 1/16”. Issue remains.

Now when I turn it on, hit the start button on the front coin door panel. All the resets occur to start a new game, during this process the bonus reset relay does not pull in, in the picture I sent that shows it pulling in I had manually fired the bonus unit to lit the 1k pt circle, to correctly identify the relay involved. Otherwise that relay is not pulling until every ball on every player after ball 1 player 1. Hope that makes sense?

Quoted from ArgosySK:

Yes you have the right coil for bonus score relay and the correct game over switch.
This one is tricky. It does look like your bonus score relay is pulling in your pic. So I am assuming the game is on and on ball one.
This has been happening for a while because the coil paper is crispy. It will pull until player one score's a bonus.
So here is what I am thinking. The ball is kicking out for the 1st player before the bonus has reached zero.
Can you check and clean this switch.
[quoted image]

#58 3 years ago

ArgosySK as I play around cleaning and trying to identify things. This relay I am not entirely sure what it is? If I am on a ball or player other then ball1 player 1 and I trigger this relay it triggers the score motor and the bonus will reset. While the correct 1k pt bonus will be lit before I trigger this it will not be lit after triggering this and the player up and ball up will not be reset from triggering this relay.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#59 3 years ago

ArgosySK Mopar so some news here.... 1st the 1k pt issue does appear to be resolved. I spent a few hours cleaning contacts all over the cabinet. The 1k pt now lights on player 1 ball 1. As usual new issues crept up, 2 in fact. 1st issue, starting the game, now when I press the start button on the coin panel, sometimes it’ll start but mostly it does nothing. If I flick the coin switch then it will start (it’s been in free play as long as I’ve owned it and never needed credits on the wheel) but even then when credits are showing it won’t always start either. Then I play ball 1 player 1, it drains and then the outhole doesn’t kick it out. It starts the process I see the score motor cam trigger and move a tiny bit then it halts and that’s it. Please tell me someone can assist me here? So close to 100% functionality then get my hopes dashed like this.....

#60 3 years ago

Also it’s not fully resetting the score reels now either, it seems as if it’s just pulsing the reset sequence long enough for that to happen like it used to?

#61 3 years ago

Update I managed to resolve the score reels not resetting. It was a switch blade on the reset relay not making good enough contact. Slight adjustment issue resolved just have the other two issues remaining now.

Quoted from Jets_1479:

Also it’s not fully resetting the score reels now either, it seems as if it’s just pulsing the reset sequence long enough for that to happen like it used to?

#62 3 years ago

I’ll just keep adding things I notice as I work to resolve so if anyone has any thoughts please chime in. I notice when the ball is in the outhole, but not being kicked out of I hit the right flipper button it shuts off the power as in kills the GI hopefully that helps someone point me to the right place.....

Quoted from Jets_1479:

argosysk mopar so some news here.... 1st the 1k pt issue does appear to be resolved. I spent a few hours cleaning contacts all over the cabinet. The 1k pt now lights on player 1 ball 1. As usual new issues crept up, 2 in fact. 1st issue, starting the game, now when I press the start button on the coin panel, sometimes it’ll start but mostly it does nothing. If I flick the coin switch then it will start (it’s been in free play as long as I’ve owned it and never needed credits on the wheel) but even then when credits are showing it won’t always start either. Then I play ball 1 player 1, it drains and then the outhole doesn’t kick it out. It starts the process I see the score motor cam trigger and move a tiny bit then it halts and that’s it. Please tell me someone can assist me here? So close to 100% functionality then get my hopes dashed like this.....

#63 3 years ago

Hey. Sorry I haven't responded, I got busy at work. Glad you fixed the 1st player bonus issue.

Credit button not working.

If it was set up for free play normally the Credit Unit zero is bent or jumpered so it is always on. Green (I would check here 1st)
The other switches in blue are the normal flow for the credit button.

Also make sure the credit button itself is making good contact.

I recommend doing one at a time and test after each adjustment.

Capture 16 (resized).JPGCapture 16 (resized).JPG

#64 3 years ago

Outhole issue.

This could be one of three issues.

1. the outhole Relay switch need to be a smidge closer. (it is not holding long enough for the motor to close the make/break switch at !E
2. The outhole relay is not Holding itself on.
3. The motor switch that keeps the motor running is not pulling !E. (Don't think this is the issue because the motor runs correctly in the start up sequence)

I would check #2 1st.

#1 check the switch highlight in green on the 1st image.
#2 check the switches highlighted in Blue on the 2nd image
#3 check the switch highlighted in red on the 1st image. (The normally open side).
Capture 18 (resized).JPGCapture 18 (resized).JPGCapture 19 (resized).JPGCapture 19 (resized).JPG

#65 3 years ago

So I have checked these switches done some adjustments to see if it helps and am still not resolving it.
When the game starts absent the seperate starting issue, ball in outhole, it gets kicked out no issues. If you just drain the ball, not hitting any targets the outhole will kick out as it should. When you hit a target and that point lock relay activates (I know this is a game play Feature of Bally, you have to score for it to go to the next ball) that’s when it will not kick out. At first when I wrote this issue the ball would drop in the outhole, I would hear the coin door relay and the score motor begin but then immediately shut off. Now the score motor just continually turns.
To my untrained eye when the point relay lock mentioned above is pulled in something no longer triggers the outhole relay to fire, when that relay is not activated the outhole functions as it should....does that help any?

Quoted from ArgosySK:

Outhole issue.
This could be one of three issues.
1. the outhole Relay switch need to be a smidge closer. (it is not holding long enough for the motor to close the make/break switch at !E
2. The outhole relay is not Holding itself on.
3. The motor switch that keeps the motor running is not pulling !E. (Don't think this is the issue because the motor runs correctly in the start up sequence)
I would check #2 1st.
#1 check the switch highlight in green on the 1st image.
#2 check the switches highlighted in Blue on the 2nd image
#3 check the switch highlighted in red on the 1st image. (The normally open side).
[quoted image][quoted image]

#66 3 years ago

ArgosySK no apologies after all your helping me. Life and work are far higher priorities

#67 3 years ago

I went to the credit u it and bent the contacts together further away from the EOS switch to not allow the game to start at zero credits, sanded and made sure they were touching harder together. As of my testing now that issue appears to be resolved. So just this outhole issue

Quoted from ArgosySK:

Hey. Sorry I haven't responded, I got busy at work. Glad you fixed the 1st player bonus issue.
Credit button not working.
If it was set up for free play normally the Credit Unit zero is bent or jumpered so it is always on. Green (I would check here 1st)
The other switches in blue are the normal flow for the credit button.
Also make sure the credit button itself is making good contact.
I recommend doing one at a time and test after each adjustment.
[quoted image]

#68 3 years ago

Good descriptions From what your telling me the switches in blue are working. So I would check the normally closed switch on the Bonus Zero relay.

Capture 19 (resized).JPGCapture 19 (resized).JPG
#69 3 years ago

Resolved! I appreciate all your efforts to help me through all of this! It ended up being that bonus zero make break switch. So at least for the moment the game is functioning 100% and I couldn’t thank you enough! Whew!
I had actually zeroed in in that and one other switch to look at when you wrote back so through this process I finally have a good understanding of reading schematics and that’s the greatest thing is finally understanding how that all reads! Thanks again, your a life saver!

Quoted from ArgosySK:

Good descriptions From what your telling me the switches in blue are working. So I would check the normally closed switch on the Bonus Zero relay.[quoted image]

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-player-not-resetting-to-player-1-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.