(Topic ID: 124923)

Multi-player EM drop target banks that reset?

By o-din

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

_CM.jpg
_spahnranch.jpg
HeroesBurger.jpg
image-812.jpg
image.jpg
Burrells.jpg
Burrells_Outdoor.jpg
devils-spit.jpg
guesthouse.jpeg
DSCN3490.JPG
DSCN3487.JPG
DSCN3488.JPG
DSCN3486.JPG
_Apocalypse-Surf-1.jpg
Modif RF.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Solar City was actually fine with the setup it had. Knocking sown all 15 in one ball was a challenge in itself. Joker Poker is just fun to play. Hard to beat the layout and artwork on this one. A pinball masterpiece. Resets on the solid state version took it to another level.

I think you make a good point, and actually, as a newbie, I have a sincere question for you guys:

Often I'll hear EM veterans bemoaning the fact that many multi-player EMs reset the scoring after each ball, thus causing you to have to essentially "play the same ball" over and over again and that once you DO accomplish everything (knocking down all the targets in Solar City or Target Alpha, for instance) the game can become boring because you're doing the same thing again on the next ball. Yet, as O-din says, sometimes what you have to try to do in ONE ball is very, very challenging (knocking down 15 drop targets in one ball, for instance).

So which is preferred? It seems like I hear that players want challenging games but would think that in some ways the multi-player games that reset each ball are more challenging. On the other hand, I get that a game that doesn't reset playfield features each ball enables you to work towards the goal probably more strategically, but also would think in some ways that's easier because you have multiple balls to achieve the goal. Just curious the thinking behind what seems a blanket determination that the single-player games that don't reset playfield features are preferred, when I also hear people say they want really challenging games. Just an honest question as I learn the history of this hobby and the viewpoints. Thanks!

#76 4 years ago

Franklin BBQ in Austin, Texas. The center of the BBQ world. For beef brisket that is. Cooked low and slow (12 hours or more) on 100% Texas live-oak and seasoned with nothing but salt and pepper, the way BBQ was meant to be cooked. Then you can add your BBQ sauce once it's on the plate if you so desire.

Ok, I may have to fire up the pit this weekend and make a brisket now that I'm drooling. Damn, I miss Texas.

#78 4 years ago

Yeah but I could LIVE on brisket, borracho beans (pintos slow-cooked in beer with bacon), and some good slaw, washed down with a Shiner Bock and the Cowboys on the TV.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
€ 8.40
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Trade
Machine - For Trade
South Harrison Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Shelburne Falls, MA
$ 279.95
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 6.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 41.00
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside