(Topic ID: 124923)

Multi-player EM drop target banks that reset?

By o-din

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_CM.jpg
_spahnranch.jpg
HeroesBurger.jpg
image-812.jpg
image.jpg
Burrells.jpg
Burrells_Outdoor.jpg
devils-spit.jpg
guesthouse.jpeg
DSCN3490.JPG
DSCN3487.JPG
DSCN3488.JPG
DSCN3486.JPG
_Apocalypse-Surf-1.jpg
Modif RF.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I wish I could remember. I last played it at a party almost 2 years ago.

They do.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

'73 Big/Hot Shot. Get the drops down and they stay down, very little to do after that.

When Gottlieb remade it as SS Pinball Pool, they also stay down, but you can reset them during the ball by getting in the upper kickout holes, which scores the bonus and resets the drops, and also leaves the bonus multiplier where it is. If you can keep the ball going long enough you can rack up some points that way.

They also used that "remotrip" on it, which drops the corresponding target on the other side. I don't like that feature and I disabled it on my game.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks guys! All this pinball stuff is making me hungry.
Man cannot live on the silver ball alone.
DSCN3490.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

What you did to those ribs is blasphemy in these parts...

Great looking Surfer, though, congrats

#55 9 years ago

You can still be a BBQ guy in SoCal. You don't need much.

Low and slow, indirect heat and don't sauce them until you take them off. Mop them in the last hour or so, but you want to be careful using sauce to do that, it can burn due to the high sugar content. Also, sauce can soften and remove the bark, and great BBQ is all about the bark. 3 to 4 hours on the smoker for ribs. Charcoal is ok to use, the real stuff (lump hardwood) is far superior to the "K" product. Just use that and some good hickory chunks early on in the process and you're on your way.

It's pretty simple.

The Devil's Spit sauce is pretty good stuff. Famous Dave's is ok for chain BBQ, we actually have it here. But it's pretty far down the list of places I'm going to go to get BBQ. If I'm somewhere else that doesn't have good stuff, I can go there though.

#58 9 years ago

There's a general rule about BBQ places.

If you can't smell it when you drive up to it, just keep on going.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't recommend going there when the weather is bad or it looks like rain, because there is only outdoor seating. It is almost like somebody's front lawn. But last time I went there it was very good.
Burrells_Outdoor.jpg
Burrells.jpg

When is the weather ever bad in SoCal? And I was under the impression that it doesn't ever rain anyway. So eat some barbecue!!!

This place in KC used to be mainly outdoors, but it's kind of cold here in the winter. They started out selling wood to places, then decided to make their own Q.

http://woodyardbbq.com/

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It usually doesn't. But today it looks like the skies may just open up and give us a little.

I don't think I've ever seen a drop of rain any time I've been out there. Clouds in the morning, yes. But no rain.

My brother in law who lives in LA confirms that people there don't drive very well once the first drop of rain hits the windshield.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Like was said, Famous Dave's is pretty good for a chain, but a couple of the best bbq I've had were in these two buildings. I highly recommend them if nearby and in the mood for bbq
Kansas City, MO
image.jpg
Birmingham, AL
image.jpg

I eat at Dreamland every time I'm in Birmingham. It's not bad, but it just can't compare to Arthur's. Problem number one is they don't slow smoke the ribs, they grill them. They're not bad, but again, not much bark or smoke ring and without those, it's just not the same. But it's decent barbecue.

Jack, where in the world do you drive 75-80 on LA freeways? Nowhere in LA that I've ever driven. You couldn't do that on the 405 at 3 in the morning.

Well, I guess when you get further down south on the 5 or further up north you can do it, but in LA proper, I go faster on the city streets.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Franklin BBQ in Austin, Texas. The center of the BBQ world. For beef brisket that is. Cooked low and slow (12 hours or more) on 100% Texas live-oak and seasoned with nothing but salt and pepper, the way BBQ was meant to be cooked. Then you can add your BBQ sauce once it's on the plate if you so desire.
Ok, I may have to fire up the pit this weekend and make a brisket now that I'm drooling. Damn, I miss Texas.

Texas is really good at brisket. Too bad they don't know how to do all the other good stuff...

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Yeah but I could LIVE on brisket, borracho beans (pintos slow-cooked in beer with bacon), and some good slaw, washed down with a Shiner Bock and the Cowboys on the TV.

It is great stuff. As I've gotten older, I've gravitated more to pork, though. I haven't had a beef sandwich in awhile.

Strangely, I really enjoy beef ribs. The big ones that look like Fred Flintstone at the drive in kind. Most people around here just eat pork and a lot of places don't have beef ribs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-player-em-drop-target-banks-that-reset?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.