(Topic ID: 124923)

Multi-player EM drop target banks that reset?

By o-din

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_CM.jpg
_spahnranch.jpg
HeroesBurger.jpg
image-812.jpg
image.jpg
Burrells.jpg
Burrells_Outdoor.jpg
devils-spit.jpg
guesthouse.jpeg
DSCN3490.JPG
DSCN3487.JPG
DSCN3488.JPG
DSCN3486.JPG
_Apocalypse-Surf-1.jpg
Modif RF.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I think you make a good point, and actually, as a newbie, I have a sincere question for you guys:
Often I'll hear EM veterans bemoaning the fact that many multi-player EMs reset the scoring after each ball, thus causing you to have to essentially "play the same ball" over and over again and that once you DO accomplish everything (knocking down all the targets in Solar City or Target Alpha, for instance) the game can become boring because you're doing the same thing again on the next ball. Yet, as O-din says, sometimes what you have to try to do in ONE ball is very, very challenging (knocking down 15 drop targets in one ball, for instance).
So which is preferred? It seems like I hear that players want challenging games but would think that in some ways the multi-player games that reset each ball are more challenging. On the other hand, I get that a game that doesn't reset playfield features each ball enables you to work towards the goal probably more strategically, but also would think in some ways that's easier because you have multiple balls to achieve the goal. Just curious the thinking behind what seems a blanket determination that the single-player games that don't reset playfield features are preferred, when I also hear people say they want really challenging games. Just an honest question as I learn the history of this hobby and the viewpoints. Thanks!

i prefer single players for a few reasons...

- i prefer games with "game long" objectives...
- i'm not a huge fan of "bonus scoring"... imo, it unbalances the score... i prefer games that you do all your scoring while the ball is in play...
- i do not like to "play ball, wait, play ball, wait"...

i find the great majority of multi-player games to be "less challenging"... while you do only get a single ball to accomplish whatever objective there might be, the objectives on single player games are "harder"...

#71 9 years ago

i get my bbq at uncle dewey's... it's an hour drive, and we make it MANY times during the summer...

when the wind is blowing right, i can smell it from a mile away...

http://www.uncledeweys.com/#!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

It is great stuff. As I've gotten older, I've gravitated more to pork, though. I haven't had a beef sandwich in awhile.
Strangely, I really enjoy beef ribs. The big ones that look like Fred Flintstone at the drive in kind. Most people around here just eat pork and a lot of places don't have beef ribs.

i LOVE beef ribs, and they are unobtainable around here...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-player-em-drop-target-banks-that-reset?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.