6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oyvindmo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Years ago I hacked together the "Multi-Machine Parts Search", at http://moll.no/pinball/parts/. Knowing how that sausage was made, it is somewhat incredible that a) it's still alive, and b) people still find it useful. Considering that last fact, I don't want to mess with it too much, as its simplicity is one of its (few) strengths.

But, one thing I have long wanted to do is to somehow provide some search functionality without losing the structural information contained in the original parts list. So, I did some quick hackery today. If you go to the page and click the small tree icon next to a machine's name, you'll get to a searchable tree-view of the parts structure. Not sure how useful it actually is, but it's something. I have a few ideas for improvements already, but I'll still try to keep it simple.

Enjoy!

4 months later
    #3 5 years ago

The parts search page is now back up and running, after a week of being broken. Thanks to pinballlife for letting me know it was dead

2 weeks later
    #4 5 years ago

...and thanks to TheNoTrashCougar for letting me know that searching for part numbers with a hyphen in them didn't work... How did I not notice this before?! Oh well, that bug has now been fixed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-machine-parts-search?tu=oyvindmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.