IMG_20190323_212316_023 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190320_093418 (resized).jpg
127df09f6907609a4f7dd07db6c8f4c90c4015b2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181013_180851 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181010_190531_063 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181010_190531_061 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181008_193611_864 (resized).jpg
IMG_5499 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

This sounds incredible.
Good luck with this seemingly insane project. But oh wow this would be excellent.

2 weeks later
#63 7 years ago

Have you assembled a prototype playfield with switches & interface?

1 year later
#765 6 years ago

I love this project, but you know that. I wonder, when it's all done, how compact one of these could be made?
Like, how many different playfields would you need to play a majority of the games? 3?
I imagine making the cabinet, with the glass and ball mechs and playfield, and just having an output for the monitor at the back really reduce the profile to the essentials.

#766 6 years ago

In your examination of the portioning mechanisms, have you found any features that might have been secretly lucrative for a player? Like some double-or-nothing circuits that actually gave > 50% odds?

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

One! Over 100 games can be played with the standard 25 hole playfield. You miss out on some really cool features, but if you swapped that standard 25 hole playfield for a hold feature playfield with 25 holes and rollovers (Surf Club or Ice Frolics) you get another 3 games. You can make it as small as you like - you could even make a scale model of the playfield if you choose. I am providing all the documentation to wire up Jones Plugs and the cabinet wiring - you will be able to scale it up or down or do exactly as I have done fairly easily!

Only 3 games have rollovers?
I would definitely hunt for a 25 hole rollover playfield though. I love having rollovers light as a gameplay option. Played a lot of Surf-Club and Sea Island recently.

There are very, very few 'unfair' things, though. In fact, in all the games I've worked on so far, I can only recall one that had a funky method for preventing odds steps.

In a game like Surf-Club, what's it called when you add a credit and the game randomly gives you a feature, a teaser, or just flashes and does nothing?
I always assumed that was done somewhat unfairly to make things harder to get.

Almost all of the portioning runs through part of the reflex unit. If you disconnect the step up coil, with the unit stepped all the way down, the majority of portioning will bypass the Mixer 1 / Reflex combination. The reflex is additive, but when stepped all the way down, it allows for 50V to completely bypass the initial portioning.
You still have to make it through the (typically) 2 other mixers and spotting disc to achieve an odds award, for example.
Extra balls also generally have to go through 2 mixers and the spotting disc.
Features will be much easier to achieve as they generally only go through one additional mixer and the spotting disc.

One day I'd love to see a diagram that explains the math beyond the mixers and features and stuff. Maybe write a book when done this project.

#771 6 years ago

You can make it as small as you like - you could even make a scale model of the playfield if you choose.

No way, for me I'd need the aesthetic of the traditionally sized pinballs, fresh rubbers, and normal plunger mechanism.
I would just want the option to reduce rest of the space required as I have space issues here and would want to be able to store the machine easily.

#773 6 years ago

times, the game happens to land in the appropriate position to give you an increase in your odds or award towards a feature. This portioning is actually very controlled, despite running through all these different mechanical units.

Another Q about "increase in your odds or awards towards a feature".
Are you talking about the "teaser" lights that go on, but you're not yet awarded a feature?
I always wondered if those teaser lights coming on actually meant your odds towards that feature were increasing, or if they were just there to dazzle and distract the player.

If I put a coin in and nothing ends up happening after the coin flash, are there internal feature odds that also might still be potentially increasing, even if nothing turns on with that credit?

#774 6 years ago

If you're in love with Surf Club, then you'll want a Surf Club or Ice Frolics playfield as they are the only games with the traditional layout and the rollovers with the hold feature hardware.

OK, then I definitely will go with one of those. I really enjoy the hold even/odd features.
Beneath the playfield, how much room does that hardware occupy? i.e. wondering what the minimum height of a custom bingo cab with a Surf-Club playfield and normal playfield glass on top would have to be.
I imagine the Length and Width would just be a a few inches beyond that of the actual playfield.

#779 6 years ago

Yep! The stepper unit that controls, say, a super card, will light those teasers as it steps. The feature is only awarded on step #4.

thanks for taking my questions!
Can a feature step all of the way right away? Or multiple times at once? And if so curious as to how rare of an occurrence the multiple steps would be.

For games with a selection feature unit (time tree), the teaser arrows show what position the time tree will be in once the Magic Screen is awarded.

I don't understand what a time tree is, what games use it?

Congrats on Gay Time, that game looks fun. The "Magic Pockets" feature seems like a very unique mechanic. Will there be an allowance for generic playfields to digitally emulate Magic Pockets movement?

In terms of unique physical playfield elements, it would be interesting to do up a venn diagram showing the options of how some features overlay between games. Lit rollovers, odd/even holds, magic pockets, any other mechanisms unique to certain playfields?

I was going to ask about the Magic Lines feature, but this photo demonstrates it quite well!
magic line (resized).jpgmagic line (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#830 6 years ago

HUZZAH!!!!!

9 months later
#1122 5 years ago

She also found a bug which cannot be replicated (my favorite kind).

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#1128 5 years ago

sending some Ottawa peeps to come find you in Allentown and try it!

#1134 5 years ago

I would definitely pay for one of these ready to go. I would want the main unit, no legs needed, an external output for a screen to plug in. It would be able to travel so well. Even if I just had one type of playfield and stuck to those series of games.

1 month later
#1140 5 years ago

One day of play at Allentown - 1,688 plays. Forgot to post.
This equates roughly to 150 games played. Not bad!!!

Do you keep a metric of "credits added"? I'm the lady at the bingo machine dropping in 20-40 nickels trying to get a huge array of features lit up.

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I have to say.
I want one of these!

I too am in. Would even consider paying someone to make me one if it was done up as a kit.
I've mentioned it to Nick before, but I just want the bottom bingo chasis and a monitor output on it. Could slide it out of storage, plug it in to a monitor, and away we go.

#1143 5 years ago

and $1-$2 a game sounds good to my wallet

I would have zero problem with $1/credit, provided I trusted that you would be honouring my 5-line payout!

1 month later
1 month later
#1212 5 years ago

rah rah rah rah!

2 months later
#1257 5 years ago

be sure to add this machine to your "wish list" if you would like to own one some day.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/the-multi-bingo

8 months later
#1277 4 years ago

This year there will also be a special treat, courtesy of Dennis Dodel: a Universal 5-Star will be in Bingo Row in the free play area! This is a really interesting proto-bingo machine, and was refurbished by my 9-year-old (and she did a great job, speaking impartially. ). It's a really fun game that cannot be reproduced in the Multi.

woah, that's a pretty darn cool game! That center Star hole looks wicked difficult. https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=864&picno=16903&zoom=1
The hole distribution is really sinister/clever. The plungeable shots at the top like #1 only appears on a single card. 11 on 2. #2 only appears on 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-bingo-machine?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.