IMG_20190323_212316_023 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190320_093418 (resized).jpg
127df09f6907609a4f7dd07db6c8f4c90c4015b2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181013_180851 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181010_190531_063 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181010_190531_061 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181008_193611_864 (resized).jpg
IMG_5499 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

Very ambitious. That will be a major accomplishment to do this. Multiple swappable playfields ?

#9 7 years ago

If you need any reference from an actual Coney Island Bingo just let me know.

After you get the prototype done and begin production on want unit #1 !

#11 7 years ago

Yes - actual playfields with holes, shooter, trough, hardware and an electronic multi game screen head. Sounds like a winner !

Scores 5 in Row in my book.

#23 7 years ago

Excellent work. It is cool you can do all this.

#26 7 years ago

A bunch of that is greek to me but I get the idea. It sounds like you have the majority of how you want to put this together figured out.

If you leave the register a dummy in the screen you could just put a coil in to fire like a knocker on an EM - adjust the screw so it isn't too loud and more clacks off credit's won. Then you wouldn't need worry about putting in a real register somewhere and having any future issues with that. Just a thought. That would give the screen a clean complete look with the simulated score on screen and give you a real clack noise for replays won.

#41 7 years ago

Great job - I can't wait to see it in a cabinet working sometime in the future. I know that's a ways off, but that will be exciting to see.

#51 7 years ago

WoW !

#59 7 years ago

Cool. A one card machine and a rare bird, not to be confused with the other Magic Squares game made later. Probably was a sample or maybe "pre-production" as they named a Magic Square game the same thing later on. Maybe it got nixed before approved full production because it just had one card and the bosses thought it might not compete well against other Bingos coming out ? Just assumptions and guesses on my part.

Very nice - might be the only opportunity to play this game via your project.

#70 7 years ago

Probably fine in homebrew - might expose somebody to check out Bingos ! Homebrew folks - check out the Bingo section. Bingos are a great area to discover. If you ever get a chance to play one - and you may need some assistance just playing your first few games - you might be surprised what you discover ! These are complex games with rules and strategy that make you think. They will also test your ability to gauge your ball launches, nudging skills and change strategy on the fly. And they are for Amusement Only - HA.

#75 7 years ago

You have been real busy. Holy Cow !

#87 7 years ago

Holy smokes - you are driven. Better take a break tomorrow though - Mom's day.

3 weeks later
#143 7 years ago

Congrats on finding a cabinet and parts for your build. Sounds like it was a good field trip too.

#146 7 years ago

Good work so far. Looks like fun. Keep posting pictures as you continue progress.

#172 7 years ago

Yup - take a break like the Mrs. says ! You are eating, drinking and sleeping this thing - LOL .

Admire your drive - but don't burn yourself out. Nice work and dedication.

2 weeks later
#202 7 years ago

You can always add ballast for balance foremost.......and weight I guess if not heavy enough to be declared a true Bingo - LOL

But yes if you need to shift weight for balance some strategic ballast could be added.

1 week later
#246 7 years ago

Beautiful 20 Holer ! As the playfield is brand new, new springs will look at home for sure ! Wow.

Can't believe all the work you are doing on this, boggles my mind. Makes me feel bad I haven't got back to my Coney Island project. Kind of feel like a slacker now while watching all the effort you have put in this big gig !

#248 7 years ago

Remember when you replace those playfield springs, if the new short springs are not available you can make two shorts out of one long new one. One little tip I can pass up the ladder... You may remember I did that on Coney Island when short springs weren't available.

I can see you are enjoying most of this odyssey - very ambitious project. You are dedicated. It will all come together I'm sure to your ultimate satisfaction with tweaks here and there. I'm sure this will be a very impressive machine when done. The neat thing is I bet you will even be able to make programming adjustments and such down the road if you see fit long after you are "done".

#263 7 years ago

Looks very good. I'd say you are approaching the home stretch ... or at least nearing it !

#279 7 years ago

ooohhh testing Stage !

#297 7 years ago

It was my guess but I just checked the forum a couple minutes ago.

Galaxy Field Looks brand spanking new.

#299 7 years ago

So Galaxy is far far away .... LOL

#306 7 years ago

What will the bell be used to indicate ? Big payouts ? Not familar with a bell in a Bingo. Did United put them in some of there Bingos ?
My very limited experience has just been with a few Bally games.

#311 7 years ago

Once you play one you'll want to have one .

Everybody should have at least one...

#313 7 years ago

Otaku - figure on taking one home from York if there is one there for sale - or at least plan on searching for one after the show.

I'm going to guess Nick just might have this Multi-Bingo ready for Bingo orientation and training at that show along with a real bingo to play.

You will like it ! Just plan on spending some time in the Bingo area. Be sure to give yourself a good time frame for Bingo's at the show. You might be there awhile once you get playing.

2 weeks later
#360 7 years ago

Very cool - I like the Comments, dates and highlights for the games mentioned.

3 weeks later
#421 7 years ago

Holy smokes - you are driven ! Do you take time time out to eat or sleep. Better watch it or mama won't give you no credits.

#425 7 years ago

I'm thinking this is turning into MANY Bingo, not a mere Multi Bingo.

Could maybe even become Every Bingo at some point !

2 weeks later
#452 7 years ago

Nick - Tons of work. What a project. I know the game will perform like a champ when you take it to York. Everyone will enjoy it. What a unique piece of Bingo machinery.

#461 7 years ago

Wow - impressed with the menu video. Holy Smokes ! Multi Bingo isn't an adequate name. That just doesn't say it all. It' so much more.

#465 7 years ago

Can't go to York but look forward to seeing posts about Bingo Row and the Multi Bingo !

2 weeks later
#470 7 years ago

Congratulations ! Everybody was very impressed from reports here on Pinside. Wish I could have been there. Hats off to you for taking the machine and some of your other Bingos to the show.

2 weeks later
#475 7 years ago

It's a test for color blindness.

3 weeks later
#499 7 years ago

Interesting factoids on Malibu Beach. You sure know an incredible amount of nuances and workings of these games Nick.

1 week later
#515 7 years ago

Tahiti sounds interesting - mini Super Cards.

#517 7 years ago

I like those little Special cards on Tahiti. Very cool feature !

#528 7 years ago

60 games - wow !

2 weeks later
#565 7 years ago

+1 to Nick on getting a Bingo into the hands of a first time Bingo owner. Everybody should have at least one Bingo !

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

New bingo owner left very happy with his new purchase. Time to rest my back!!

Nice job Nick ! New Bingo owner will enjoy game I'm sure.

2 weeks later
#627 7 years ago

Very cool - 100 working, nice test and tutorial for guests and 5 in a row ! Wow.

2 months later
#657 6 years ago

Stenciled art sounds great and will look "right". Don't know about black background though. Maybe pick good "Usual Bingo" cabinet colors. Making that machine look happy and have great stencil art sounds like a winner to me. Might be a point in it's life that machine may stand alone or with at least one side exposed. Make her pretty !

Favorite stencils on the sides and make your own new stencil for the front that indicates or hints it's Multi Bingo but with a typical Old Bingo Flair.

There's my suggestion.

2 weeks later
#677 6 years ago

It is looking really Great !

Life's a Beach and a Circus sometimes.

#686 6 years ago

The front looks Great ! I bet the game will really look nice when you put it back together.

1 week later
#702 6 years ago

Two thumbs up on helping the Bingo owners while doing all that work on Multi Bingo.

2 weeks later
#734 6 years ago

Two thumbs up on this project and so much time and effort - Nick is driven. What an effort. Huge project might be an understatement. Wow.

2 weeks later
#755 6 years ago

Yes - Palm Springs has great features. I had a visitor yesterday and we played a game and got all the features lit. It was fun explaining all the ways we could try to win and adjust our strategy as we played the game. It was 1953 all over again !

#758 6 years ago

Multi Bingo might be an understatement - That game is heading towards Everything Bingo !

2 weeks later
#777 6 years ago

Nice explanations on all the questions posed.

2 weeks later
#827 6 years ago

One Left - Holy Smokes !

#829 6 years ago

BINGO

1 week later
#847 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

It feels like I've been on a vacation for a year!
Hopefully some more good stuff coming after this weekend.

Ha Ha - 5 whole days - wow. Previous break record 5 hours.

2 weeks later
#867 6 years ago

Plate looks great installed.

#872 6 years ago

Taking it to York ? That would be really cool to share with the Bingo Bunch out that way.

#874 6 years ago

bingopodcast - I'd like to, but Expo in Chicago is in October and not that far off and within about a 90 minute drive for me.

I know York has more old games and Bingo row. I will have to think about making it in the future. I'd like to drive and come back with a game or two - but recent pin purchases make that a tough proposition. ( I'll have a hard time not coming home with something from Expo I'll guess LOL )

York show is on my bucket list though. Sometime I'll try and get there.

#879 6 years ago

Ryan - I'll try to get to York sometime. I Know I'd enjoy the Bingo Row and all the old games. I'd almost have to force myself to drive there. I know darn well I'd want to come home with a game from that show. The previous York threads made me drool.

It is going to have to be Chicago Expo for me this year - and I better go there just to look and play !

Trust me - York is on the list. I'd like to meet you guys and experience that show.

Great that Nick will have the Multi Bingo set up there !

1 week later
#933 6 years ago

Nick - you are driven !

#936 6 years ago

Always nice when a casual player or a guest is engaged with a game. Congratulations. That's the best compliment for your work.

1 month later
#1004 6 years ago

What Good Luck finding the odd button ! I had a chance once to buy an extra foot rail bar complete with those buttons a month or two after I picked up my Palm Springs. Didn't really need an extra and passed. In hindsight - what a tough part to locate. So nice you found one !!!

I recently sold my Palm Springs back to the fellow I got it from. He was very happy to get the game back eventually - but this time with it running and playing 100 % with all the work and other improvements I did to the game while I had it. ( With great technical trouble shooting advice you gave me to get it going - Thanks ) It was the right place for it to go and I just plain needed the room. I was a bit conflicted letting it go - but something needed to go and that Bingo is in hands that will also enjoy it as much as I did.

I'll have to get to York sometime to get some Bingo time in. I'm sure the Multibingo will be a big hit with the bingo crowd this year at York.

#1006 6 years ago

Yes - all Bingo's are cool.

Everyone should own one or at least get the chance to play one at some point.

I think with a little instruction and some tutoring anybody that hasn't been exposed to a Bingo will really enjoy playing one.
I bet you'll hook some new people on Bingo's at York. Or at the very least expand understanding and unravel the mystery of why people in the know enjoy these games so much. There are so many pin players that might walk right by these games and not realize the fun they are missing.

#1031 6 years ago

WONDERFUL !

3 weeks later
#1039 6 years ago

8 months later
#1160 5 years ago

Nice that you keep on working on this. I wonder how many hours you have in this game, and the neat part is that you enjoy doing it ! Cool.

Congrat's to you and your kids. Sounds like you have put the time in with them too. Wonderful.

Miss having my Bingo every so often. Like to look at these threads just to stay in touch. Everybody should have a Bingo at least once.
You are a great ambassador of Bingo's. The Multi Bingo is really something special and a great continuing odyssey. I can tell you enjoy what you are doing. Maybe one day I'll have to own a Bingo again...

8 months later
#1274 5 years ago

Nice - that book will be a winner for sure !

4 months later
#1279 4 years ago

Haven't checked in for a long while. Congrat's on the award !

1 year later
#1290 2 years ago

Nice you do this Nick. One year I should travel to York to see this and meet you. The Multi Bingo is quite the achievement.

Miss my Bingo sometimes. Maybe in the future I should get another one.

1 year later
#1298 1 year ago

Good to hear Bingo Row at the York show continues. Some year I need to make it out there. I miss my Palm Springs Bingo at times.

Bingos are such neat games. Exposing people to them is a great thing to do !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-bingo-machine?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.