(Topic ID: 64837)

Mulling a Trade: My TRON Pro for your SafeCracker?

By Richthofen

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Richthofen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a TRON Pro 3rd run manufactured in Feb 2013 (two translites). Unmodded except for shooter lane protector and blue flipper rubbers. About 750 plays on the game. I've always wanted a Safe Cracker so I'm putting this out there, see if anyone wants to do the trade. I'm in New England and would rather not ship.

Willing to hear offers or do a combo +/- another game of mine or cash depending on what condition your game is.

#2 7 years ago

Morning bump. This is a longshot trade idea and I'm totally aware of that.

#3 7 years ago

Both really fun games. Good luck with the trade!

#4 7 years ago

Got to give a little to get a little glws

#5 7 years ago

But you LOVE Tron!

#6 7 years ago

I do love TRON. Lots. But there are probably more Trons than SafeCrackers out there. Someday when I'm rich I will have TRON again, if someone wants to deal.

TRON's probably the better game but I have a huge nostalgia hangup about SC. When I was a kid I played one at my local arcade and kind of want that feeling back. Weird, right?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

TRON's probably the better game but I have a huge nostalgia hangup about SC. When I was a kid I played one at my local arcade and kind of want that feeling back. Weird, right?

Not weird at all. Most of us got into the hobby because of nostalgia.

#8 7 years ago

Give us this day, our daily bump.

#9 7 years ago

Very understandable. I played Marc's at last year's Texas Pinball Festival and fell in love with it.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I do love TRON. Lots. But there are probably more Trons than SafeCrackers out there. Someday when I'm rich I will have TRON again, if someone wants to deal.

Not at all. I played tempest arcade at pizza joint across the street from my dad's barber shop with shoe shine tip money. First game I got was an atari tempest. Love it. What followed were 35 more pins, arcades, air hockey, dome hokey, Foos ball , jukebox , darts, mega touch , puck bowler, .....
Basically, to my wife's dismay, I went nuts.

#11 7 years ago

You may need to add about $1K to that deal IMHO.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

You may need to add about $1K to that deal IMHO.

Maybe. Depends on condition. I am open to offers, and have cash to add if the deal merits it.

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

Bumpage. Know its a longshot.

2 weeks later
#14 7 years ago

I saw a Safe Cracker on Saturday that I was trying to buy but it was in tough shape. No topper, no wings, no magic tokens. playfield wear, some rusty metal parts. Hard to say no but I didn't think it was worth what the seller wanted for it.

So someone else make my dreams come true on here. TRON (or any of my other games) for Safe Cracker, let's do this!

1 week later
#15 7 years ago

BUMP.

2 weeks later
#16 7 years ago

Do not settle for a crap SC rich!

#17 7 years ago

Man if I still had a SC I'd be all over this trade and I have a Tron already! Many many years ago when I did have a SC I grew tired of it nearly instantly and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I guess I should have held onto it longer because a couple of years later and all of a sudden people starting wanting that game. It's a cool novelty game but not really a long term keeper. Tron on the other hand, now that's a game worth keeping!

#18 7 years ago

Go for another pat lawlor pin tz. Ill work out a trade

#19 7 years ago

think i saw a SC for sale a few weeks ago at the Houston arcade/pin show.

#20 7 years ago

I suggest that SC is really only worth having in a much larger collection. It is a fun game but only if you have 10 others to play also.

Just curious, have you put much time on one?

#21 7 years ago

don't do it dude..... keep the tron!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

think i saw a SC for sale a few weeks ago at the Houston arcade/pin show.

You did see one, it was mine and it was not for sale.

#23 7 years ago

I mean, I like TRON a LOT. But SafeCracker really pulls the heartstrings. Problem is my pinball fund is fixed now; Taxi restore in progress, plus (more importantly!) baby on the way, due February. No more new pins for a while. so if I want SC I gotta trade TRON.

#24 7 years ago

This is irony. I traded my CQ domestic SC in 2011 for a Tron LE.

2 months later
#25 6 years ago

Bump. I'd be willing to add Pin*bot and/or Strikes and Spares to the deal as well.

5 months later
#26 6 years ago

Long term bump. Want to trade TRON Pro for SafeCracker, possibly throw in another pin or cash.

1 week later
#27 6 years ago

Bump.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Not weird at all. Most of us got into the hobby because of nostalgia.

Good money in nostalgia these days......

4 months later
#29 6 years ago

Bumping this. Finishing up my Taxi restore; itching for a new game to come into the house. Willing to trade my Tron Pro + possible cash for the right Safecracker, or Tron + Strikes & Spares. If you got a safecracker in the Northeast and wanna sell, it would be an awesome xmas present for me!

#30 6 years ago

seriously

#31 6 years ago

Keep TRON you will cry later if you do this trade

#32 6 years ago

I was thinking of starting the same thread but.... My Funhouse for your KISS.

#33 6 years ago

Safecracker is a special game to me. I love TRON, don't get me wrong. But SC is my grail; it brings me right back to 1996.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside