71wYdMW8NoL_(resized).jpg
ali_(resized).png
1996_Olympics_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
DGF_(resized).jpg
ali_9_(resized).jpg
ali_6_(resized).jpg
ali_7_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

The last heavyweight fight I saw was Tyson Fury beating one of the Klitschko brothers for the title. In most sports, the athletes and level of competition today have improved from the sixties, but not in this case. Ali would have wiped the floor with those two losers.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

The Supreme court at that time was very aware of the trouble that might arrise from troublemakers like MLK, and the BP party in particular ! Elvis went!!

Yeah, that MLK was a real troublemaker, huh? Wanting equal protection under the law. The nerve of him and his people.

I'm guessing the only thing liberal about Hawkmoon is his use of the term Uppity when describing people of color.

#115 7 years ago

When asked by a reporter why He didn't support the war in Vietnam, Ali said "no Vietnamese man ever called me a n---". I think the people who are critical of Ali and use the term draft dodger, besides clearly being angry old white dudes who want their country back, have no empathy for how it must have been growing up black during that time. The one thing that I would say critical of Ali was that he probably didn't treat Joe Frazier very fairly.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

Many of them lost their lives for a war nobody wanted .I would want to think they died fighting for their country and not in vain.

They died in vain. And we should all be mad about it so that it doesn't keep happening. This dying for their country attitude just perpetuates future generations of people dying in vain. Gulf of Tonkin never happened. WMD's never happened. Ok. I'm out.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How dare you say that.
Whatever your views on the Vietnam War, or war in general, are your opinions and you're entitled to them. But for you to insinuate that the men and women who died there died for nothing denigrates their memory.
If you want to continue to have this conversation, my inbox is open.

I dare say it and you can suck it. It does nothing of the sort, and I take exception to your silly view. It absolutely does not denigrate their memory. shame on you. your view is what gets people needlessly killed.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Do me a favor.
The next time you meet a Vietnam veteran, look him in the eye and say that. Tell him his friends died for nothing.
Let me know how that goes for you.

Who do you think told me? I guess there are two types of vietnam veterans. And I said died in vain.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Meh, don't waste you breath on the ingrate.
I assumed he was posting from some foreign country, with little knowledge of the sacrifice of war. Turns out he's from California- same difference.

And you're from North Carolina. You didn't even understand my point. Geez, do you guys even read through a whole post before you shut down your mind?

1 week later
#160 7 years ago

Wait a minute, a man who changed his name to Muhammad Ali and converted to Islam thinks Allah is the greatest? I cannot believe this is true.Ogeist, you have convinced me. You have shown me the light with your well thought out arguments. I now have full clarity on what kind of man Muhammad Ali was.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/muhamad-ali-has-died?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.