71wYdMW8NoL_(resized).jpg
ali_(resized).png
1996_Olympics_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
DGF_(resized).jpg
ali_9_(resized).jpg
ali_6_(resized).jpg
ali_7_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spider3582.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

Sorry I can't feel the same way .The man refused to go into the draft . Believe in it or not why is he more important than all the soldiers who went into the draft , fought , and what does it say to the men women and family's who lost loved ones. What if everybody refused to do that. The draft sucked I'm not disputing that but he was a great boxer not a great man

#88 7 years ago

Hawkmoon. Thank you for your Service to our Country

#91 7 years ago

I'm not putting down Ali even though my opinion differs. I was thanking a Vet as I always do when I see one, and if any of you others out there regardless of your feelings on Ali thank you for serving

#104 7 years ago

Yonizzell , You said I will never get it . I haven't put down anyone on this post . I feel different about Ali than you do for dodging the draft and nothing will change that . When someone posts a subject like this on a Pinball website this is what you get . Back and forth bashing. I'm a Veteran and I do get it . I get what I believe. I never said anything in my few posts putting down people who feel different than me . I just posted my opinion, but you want to put me down by saying I will never get it . I respect the people who like Ali and never said anything negative about them. Thank you to all you men and women who didn't Dodge the draft. Go ahead call me a name or make another negative comment about me because I feel different than you . This has nothing to do with color . I have Afro- Americans in my family but that is not your fucking business. I don't get it that's right my opinion is different than yours .

#108 7 years ago

I'm on this website to learn more about a hobby I have to relieve the stress of everyday life and to talk and meet and learn more about Pinball. When I get this worked up because I feel I was attacked on a subject that has nothing to do with Pinball . This is a very controversial subject that people are going to feel totally different about and I respect the people who feel different than me . You have probley helped me on different posts I have made on pinball. I haven't personally attacked anyone on this subject until I felt I was attacked then I fight fire with fire that I don't want to do . We can't talk about Ali without bashing each other. I don't want to get mad and worked up it takes me over. So to that I respect everyone's opinion but I'm going back to Pinball to what this site is for

#110 7 years ago

CrazyKevi I respect your opinion even though they differ and I remember thanking you on a Pinball question I had

#111 7 years ago

I'm sorry CrazyLevi not Crazy Kevi

#114 7 years ago

I will apologize for the language I used .I'm 55 and want to put my fighting days way in the past. I served in the USMC from 80 to 84 . They were always telling us for a long time to be prepared to go to the Middle East. Irag at the time.We never went but the threat of it scared me and I volunteered to be in the Service. I didn't like the Vietnam War and I don't agree with the way we fought it. So the soldiers who went their are my heros. Many of them lost their lives for a war nobody wanted .I would want to think they died fighting for their country and not in vain. They didn't want to go either but Joe Blow down the street didn't have a choice he did what his country asked. Yes I'm stuck on Ali dodging the draft but to try to improve myself I will watch the documentary on him. So to say I didn't have a clue made me speak for all the soldiers who can't speak because they are stuck in the 60s and 70s because they gave their life and to the soldiers who made it home but is forever changed. They are my heros. I am not putting anyone down for feeling different than me . You are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else. Again I will watch the documentary but never forget the Vietnam wall.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spider3582.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/muhamad-ali-has-died?tu=Spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.