Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DefaultGen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

"Manual Still Stapled To Cabinet" seems to be gaining in popularity as a somewhat credible indicator of home-use-only since original receipts are rarely passed along, if only because of privacy concerns. Obviously this applies primarily to newer Stern machines.

#2 8 years ago

I like "What the fuck does it matter ? You wanna buy it or not ? "
    or
    WTFDIMYWBION.

#3 8 years ago

Yeah I hear ya. I have bought a couple of operated machines that still had them in tact though. Of the machines I've bought that had them I think about 50% were HUO. I do think it is a neat bonus.

#4 8 years ago

I have a Mystic, does that count?

#5 8 years ago

I have to admit, I read the title too fast (msstc != mstsc) and thought, "Remote Desktop is the new HUO?"

#6 8 years ago

How about instead of a new acronym that has no actual connection to game condition, we try to get rid of the existing ones.

My TRON:LE, which I bought NIB and has maybe 500 plays on it, doesn't have the manual stapled because wanted to get in the bag, so it would fail your test.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I have to admit, I read the title too fast (msstc != mstsc) and thought, "Remote Desktop is the new HUO?"

Ha me too, i use it daily though so i guess it's on my mind. I thought it was about playing a pin remotely!

#8 8 years ago

I personally like
    IIMBSIDRCIMWIATATM

It's in my basement so I don't really care I'm happy with it and that's all that matters.

If someone wants to figure out how to say that....

#9 8 years ago

IMO whether or not it's still attached means squat and proves squat. I always remove it from my NIB games and have yet to be "dinged" for it on resale. In fact, if someone ever tries to ding me for it I'll chuckle and show him the door.

#10 8 years ago

I rip mine out of the cabinet so I can have all the documentation for my collection in one place.

Whenever I see MSSTC as a feature, I wonder why...so silly. Not proof of anything.

#11 8 years ago

It wouldn't matter to me if the bag was still in it. I might actually think the owner was a little bit of a moron for not ever taking it out.

#12 8 years ago

Staple guns and sanding out your shooter lane are the keys to an extra thousand or two when selling games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/msstc-its-the-new-huo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.