• Latest reply 4 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200318_154911 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I just noticed that the MSRP for the Stern Jurassic Park line (Pro, Premium, LE) each went up by $100 recently.

Looks like several other titles may have been bumped up too (Iron Maiden, Deadpool)

#2 4 years ago

Maybe they are raising money so they can fix my screwed up BM66 play field?

/sarcasm

#3 4 years ago

Didn’t they go up at the beginning of the year?

#4 4 years ago

they go up every year, what else is new. more money and shittier quality.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Didn’t they go up at the beginning of the year?

Yes, first of Jan they went up. Are we saying they went up again?

#6 4 years ago

Stern and JJP higher ups I hope you are reading this. I built a new addition to our home last fall. I have room for probably 6-10 more pinballs. I have money sitting in the bank to buy these pinballs. I won't be buying any NIB pinballs from you anytime soon. Tired of the greed, crappy quality control, incomplete software, and paying more for less. Get your crap together, because this greed is slowly going to kill this hobby for lots of us. Thank you.

#7 4 years ago

JP Pro MSRP: $5899. US Inflation rate last year: 2.3%. 5899 * 0.023 = $135. Seems like they're actually lowering prices to me...

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

JP Pro MSRP: $5899. US Inflation rate last year: 2.3%. 5899 * 0.023 = $135. Seems like they're actually lowering prices to me...

Pretty sure it was 5999, then 6099 in 2020?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

EDIT: I'm not sure since I didn't pay MSRP because no one does.

#9 4 years ago

Who is buying NIB for 2020 anyway?

Put spending confidence & abilities to the side

Odds are there will be some decent pricing & decent inventory of HUO games soon. Not fire sale predatory pennies on the dollar stuff. Just decisions being made, etc.

Will be tough to sell a $6K Pro NIB when they’re in the $4K’s here. Maybe $3K’s for undesirable titles? Perhaps folks trading games will be more common if pricing dips a tad too low?

Guess we will see. I don’t think I’m gonna buy NIB or HUO either way. Might need my cash to buy low & sell high or maybe just to survive for a while.

Weird times.

Lock downs.

Thousand point drop in SP500

Closed borders

Closed forever business already

People dressed like stormtroopers spraying cities with weird machines.

Pinball MSRP... lol

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Who is buying NIB for 2020 anyway?

Got mine!

20200318_154911 (resized).jpg20200318_154911 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Shit tickets secured, sir!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Shit tickets secured, sir!

Yep, good to go!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Even so, the displays are cheaper, the CPU boards are cheaper, the power switch location is cheaper, the lockdown is cheaper, the rails are cheaper, the clear coat is cheaper, and distributors are price fixed at a higher price. . .so there’s that.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Got mine![quoted image]

Unboxing video please!!!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

Unboxing video please!!!

Unboxing is fine...but please no Live Stream of you using it.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

In 2003 a NIB LOTR was around $4k. In 2020 dollars $4k is $5477. So we could say that Stern's base games have really only gone up say $300 right? No. Think about how much more in regards to features is in LOTR compared to today's Stern Pro's. Think of the cabinet head being changed from wood to mostly metal, cheap decals being used versus direct cabinet printing, removal of the lockdown bar, removing the backbox lock mech, etc. Finally toss in the cheaper parts often being used such as the coil stops. Only then does it become clear just how much Stern has increased their prices and lowered their build of materials cost.

That same LOTR from 2003 for $4k should be compared to a Stern Premium today. At that point the real price increase to get a game with similar features is $3,000. What's even more eye opening is that's a $3,000 increase for similar features yet lower quality parts and build quality.

#17 4 years ago

New sterns were not 4k for lotr and those early sam system games.
Lotr, tspp, harley davison (right when they switched from sega to stern), etc all were $3100 new.

A few years later After that, I used to get them for $3700 shipped NIB with a bill acceptor from jack.
Spiderman, 24, csi, wof, nascar, family guy, potc, BBH etc all $3700 shipped with bill acceptor.

Iron man is when they were raised to 4k even. Tron was $4100, Bdk $4100 , Transformers pro, x men, both $4100.
Then they started going up annually and here we are now which is way top much. They still earn the same on location or less.
A higher priced machine does not make it earn more unfortunately.

#18 4 years ago

Sure seems like people complained about price, quality, and features back then just like they do today. They have as long as I have been in the hobby at least. In general, I think games of today are much better than games of the past. I see a lot of improvements in art, gameplay, design, displays, lighting, etc. Stern is no different than any other manufacturer. They make a product, set the price, and the customers ultimately decide if that price is agreeable. Even with all the competition that has sprung up over the years, Stern still sells the most and the cheapest pin.

#19 4 years ago

Stern is lucky to sell any games in this economy, never mind executing a price increase. I will buy NIB games when I can get them for $5200 delivered.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

New sterns were not 4k for lotr and those early sam system games.
Lotr, tspp, harley davison (right when they switched from sega to stern), etc all were $3100 new.
A few years later After that, I used to get them for $3700 shipped NIB with a bill acceptor from jack.
Spiderman, 24, csi, wof, nascar, family guy, potc, BBH etc all $3700 shipped with bill acceptor.
Iron man is when they were raised to 4k even. Tron was $4100, Bdk $4100 , Transformers pro, x men, both $4100.
Then they started going up annually and here we are now which is way top much. They still earn the same on location or less.
A higher priced machine does not make it earn more unfortunately.

I overpaid for my tspp, $4295 delivered in 2003, still have it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/msrp-price-increases?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.