• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SaminVA
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3278.JPG
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Anyone know what was the MSRP for STTNG pinball?
Just wondering if they are now worth more than when they were new.

#2 11 years ago

actually they are about the same at this point. Before when they were around the 1800-2k range they were under. now it's close to even. only took 20 years to get there. Not quite but still.

#3 11 years ago

They were 4k in 1993?.

#4 11 years ago

They tend to run in the 4500 dollar range when I see them for sale.

#5 11 years ago

they are not 4k now. Well not selling for 4k anyway. More like 3k.

#6 11 years ago

When you factor in inflation they are about equal.

#7 11 years ago

I think STTNG was 2800 NIB. Ask Lloyd he would know. He got one new I think.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$3500 - $4000 appears to be the new norm for a STTNG in good + condition.

#9 11 years ago

In good shape the market here is $3500 to $4000. I bought one last year for a little under that but it did have some issues that have been repaired.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Find me ONE at 3k that is in really nice shape and working 100%. I'll flip that sucker for a 1k profit inside a week.

#11 11 years ago

Even at 3k, it's not a screaming deal. You guys spout off how these games are worth so much, then when it comes time to sell, they seem to sit.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Find me ONE at 3k that is in really nice shape and working 100%. I'll flip that sucker for a 1k profit inside a week.

yup. 4k in good shape, easy.

#13 11 years ago

Neo, I wish you were right, but I was cash-in-hand ready to buy a STTNG since Jan 1. Gave up when I just couldn't find one for less than 4k. Decided for that money I should just bump up and get a NIB Stern.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Neo, I wish you were right, but I was cash-in-hand ready to buy a STTNG since Jan 1. Gave up when I just couldn't find one for less than 4k. Decided for that money I should just bump up and get a NIB Stern.

It had been difficult for me to find one under $4,000. I believe if one came up for $3,500 around here (Chicago area), you'd have to jump on it right away. I recently found one that needs some work (optos, broken plastics, missing Romulan ship, no keys, in serious need of cleaning/shopping) through a friend of a friend, and I'm hoping to pick it up for $2,900 next Sunday.

This is kind of what I was looking for though, something that would clean up well that I could put some work into. Psychologically, I couldn't spend $4k for a pin, but under $3k sounds a whole lot better to me, and ST:TNG is a great game for that price, assuming I don't have to put too much extra money into it.

#15 11 years ago

ST:TNG is a 4/4.5k game in nice condition. Here in the SF bay area if one was selling for 3/3.5k it would not last long.

#16 10 years ago

The question is what was the MSRP when it was new, not hey, let's bicker about the current resell values..

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

The question is what was the MSRP when it was new, not hey, let's bicker about the current resell values..

Well it kind of went that way when Neo said it's currently a 3k game and they were 2.8k when NIB.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Even at 3k, it's not a screaming deal. You guys spout off how these games are worth so much, then when it comes time to sell, they seem to sit.

I would say that a very quick (1 week) turn around for a 33% profit is a pretty screaming deal.

They have not been sitting (at all) at 4k.....if they are NICE.

#18 10 years ago

if you do some digging you can find them for 3k. If you have to have one right this second and flash around 4k, yea, your going to dig one up right on the spot. Because your paying high for a STTNG. It's not a 4k game. At the rate you guys are going, every game will be 4k minimum.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you do some digging you can find them for 3k. If you have to have one right this second and flash around 4k, yea, your going to dig one up right on the spot. Because your paying high for a STTNG. It's not a 4k game. At the rate you guys are going, every game will be 4k minimum.

I have been looking for at least six months. Lots of games are becoming more expensive. There's a flood of new collectors, so it's to be expected. STTNG is going through what WhiteWater went through.

#20 10 years ago

where you looking? if your looking on here for something reasonable, your doing it wrong.

#21 10 years ago

Been looking on Pinside, Craigslist, Ebay, Mr. Pinball, NEACF forums (New England Arcade Collectors), and BPA (Boston Pinball Assoc).

Tell you what, Neo, if STTNG isn't a 4k game, I'd pay you a $100 finders fee for a 3k game. One that hasn't been in a fire or flood

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I have been looking for at least six months. Lots of games are becoming more expensive. There's a flood of new collectors, so it's to be expected. STTNG is going through what WhiteWater went through.

same here. i watched pinside, mrpinball, and craigslist (ugh) or about 6 months and eventually got a very nice one for $4600, and believe me none i saw sat for long. that's where the market is.

#23 10 years ago

I think white watercommands a higher price because the ramps and topper is big bucks. would I trade my sttng for a whitewater, yeah I would.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I think white watercommands a higher price because the ramps and topper is big bucks. would I trade my sttng for a whitewater, yeah I would.

I have both and love both, but I think STTNG is the better game (and I never even watched/liked the show).

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Tell you what, Neo, if STTNG isn't a 4k game, I'd pay you a $100 finders fee for a 3k game. One that hasn't been in a fire or flood

+1
If I can pay your prices could you find me a MM, and a LOTR? Why don't you come live in my neck of the woods and wait around for those prices!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Yea, I was asking about the MSRP = Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price not the Pinball Blue Book price but it's nice to know if I had to sell it I might make a few bucks.
So was it $2,800.00 MSRP
I paid $1,450.00 back in 2003 and just installed the color DMD and laser cannons.

#27 10 years ago

I remember that year . It was a good year .

#28 10 years ago

could I find one for 3k. Sure, if I want to put the time in on it and track one down. Is it worth it for $100. Not at all.

#29 10 years ago

Ill pay you 500 if you can get one for 3,500 that's not a turd...

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Ill pay you 500 if you can get one for 3,500 that's not a turd...

why wouldn't you just get one for $4000 then on your own?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

why wouldn't you just get one for $4000 then on your own?

He was just making a point.

#32 10 years ago

yes a Point. Since I already own a pretty nice one.

#33 10 years ago

I like the game and play it whenever I visit, but I was told its a complicated game to keep running. There are so many things that can go wrong with the game and its a bit temperamental. I think thats what kept it a 2k game up until 2 years ago.

I put it in the TZ category of amazing, complicated games that can be temperamental at times. I'm sure there are bulletproof games out there, but this is what I was told by several people that own the game. I think if Steve Ritchie hadn't decided to make a new Star Trek game the game wouldn't be so popular right now.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I like the game and play it whenever I visit, but I was told its a complicated game to keep running. There are so many things that can go wrong with the game and its a bit temperamental.

I had a TZ and still have a STTNG and I would say both are pretty reliable once you stop moving them and dial them in.

#35 10 years ago

Mid $3k range with some cabinet imperfections.Playfield average.

#36 10 years ago

see that's pointless. So I overpay and plunk down $3500 for a game that I think is worth $2800 and then you say you don't want it, because you own it. That's why I don't find games for people that are not personal friends of mine. Pinsiders are full of shit. Said it before and i'll say it again. Then you guys wonder why you overpay for shit.

#37 10 years ago

We overpay for shit because no one is selling it cheaper regardless of what some Pinsider's might have to say about that.

Can you find a 3k STTNG? Probably. Can you find a 3k STTNG that's in great condition? Probably not.

In really nice condition it's now a 4k+ pin......that's just what it is.

Kind of like Congo is now a $2500+ pin in nice condition. Or JD is now $2200.....etc....

Can you find cheaper one's? Sure.....and either you got lucky or the condition clearly shows why it was cheaper.

#38 10 years ago

On the West Coast STTNG is a $4500 pin. End of story. I saw one on CL a couple weeks ago for $1500. Why? The seller was lazy and didn't do homework. Doesn't change the market price was just a deal. Local flipper bought it and had it up for market almost immediately. Probably didn't even touch it after picking it up.

#39 10 years ago

imho, one of the most underrated games out there. have had my eye out for one (again!..sold my last one for $1800 around 13 years ago!). seems that around 4K will get you a very good one.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

see that's pointless. So I overpay and plunk down $3500 for a game that I think is worth $2800 and then you say you don't want it, because you own it. That's why I don't find games for people that are not personal friends of mine. Pinsiders are full of shit. Said it before and i'll say it again. Then you guys wonder why you overpay for shit.

You may think a 2013 Dodge Viper is worth $5k but good luck buying one for that price. Please stop being insulting and negative, its not getting old...it is old. Unsubscribe.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

On the West Coast STTNG is a $4500 pin. End of story. I saw one on CL a couple weeks ago for $1500. Why? The seller was lazy and didn't do homework. Doesn't change the market price was just a deal. Local flipper bought it and had it up for market almost immediately. Probably didn't even touch it after picking it up.

GAAAH...who got it...Corona Bros!?!?!? Boooooo....

Hey Neo, this is the reason prices have gotten higher. FLIPPERS, not "full of shit" Pinsiders. If you don't respond to a low-priced game ad within 5 seconds, the flipper vultures will swoop in and grab the game, and put it up for triple the price. The finite supply of games keeps dwindling as they wind up in collectors' homes...you're still in the 2007 mentality of availability and prices. Sure, I used to see STTNG's for sale on CL all day long...multiples at auctions. Not anymore.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They are actually selling easily at $4k in decent condition. Not restored but routed, fixed, cleaned. I have a couple friends that have sold in this range three of these in the last 3 months. It's not even a stretch but a solid $4k. Prices are dictated by what they can be sold for. Since they sell easily for $4k a person is an idiot for selling them for $3k.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Here comes the BS...again! I would buy one at $3k, and I HATE the theme.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Could you possibly be any more full of sh!t?? I'll bet they would be $4k if you were selling one. We've seen your high prices after all the price bashing you've done over the years.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you do some digging you can find them for 3k.

You're finally right! If I do some digging I might find a Delorean and go back in time 5 years so I can by one for $3k.

#44 10 years ago

I am getting ready to sell a nice example of the game, Playfield is good except some wear under the cliffy on the neutral zone scoop. The cabinet has new decals on the main cabinet that look great! The backbox decals are old and kinda scuffed up, coindoor needs replaced due to operator drilling to insert a card reader in it. looking to replace it before sale. Playfield was just stripped and scrubbed added new white bouncy rubbers and purple posts all over the playfield. The game is overall is nice condition, plays fast, and is super fun LEDs installed! I just dont enjoy it enough to hang on to it for a long period of time. Major issue is I really want a Metallica and need to sell a game to pay for a new one. That being said most people say I should have no problem getting 4k even with the flaws. I will post sometime soon when I have it ready to go, and I play it more.

#45 10 years ago

Six months ago i bought a sttng for 2800 it was terrilby filthy needed cliffy protector and some optos. i bought it in des moines. i feel that was a good deal.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where you looking? if your looking on here for something reasonable, your doing it wrong.

Exactly! Only Neo is capable of finding the deals that don't exist. LOL

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Am I the only person that thinks this guy is full of sh!t????? How is it that nobody in this thread agrees with you, yet "Pinsiders are full of shit"???????

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

could I find one for 3k. Sure, if I want to put the time in on it and track one down. Is it worth it for $100. Not at all.

Exactly what I thought you would say. I've helped people find games for free. The hunt is half the fun. It's not worth it for $100 because you would spend the next year of your life trying to find one for $3k.

Thanks for joining us again today Neo, now go bury your head in the sand.

#47 10 years ago

CaptainNeo pricing is very consistent.....

STTNG

Buying - 3k all day long (from stupid ignorant sellers)

Selling - 5k all day long (to stupid ignorant buyers)

#48 10 years ago

Sweet! still trying to get one more, but here are my twins...

IMG_3278.JPGIMG_3278.JPG

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Sweet! still trying to get one more, but here are my twins...

That's awesome. I would love to own twin BSDs!

#50 10 years ago

Hey, both of mine had chrome legs. Did you replace yours?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/msrp-for-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.