(Topic ID: 45273)

Looking for MSF Frankenstein lighting pics and ideas.

By blondetall

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Fatsquatch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

homer-simpson-doh.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
0330131957b.jpg
0330131957.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Mom's upgrading her line-up again and her Flintstones should be here in the next week or so, so the Frankenstein currently in her room has to go... straight to my house! That leaves her with TAF, PM, and Flintstones (and Twin Win hiding in the basement because it's "not fun") and I'll have RFM, JP, and MSF. Yay, more options!

I already know that the lights in the pop bumpers are out, so I'll be ordering up some LEDs for those, since you've got to take off 2 ramps to get to them and I'm not doing that on a regular basis. Is there anything else I should get for it? They literally have had zero problems out of it since they got it, so it runs great and looks wonderful, and I want to keep it that way. Thinking about more LEDs in it depending on how hard it is to get to them. Next weekend is going to be "pinball cleaning" weekend with all 3 of mine getting Novus, fresh bulbs where needed, etc, and I just want to make sure I've got everything I need for Frankenstein beforehand.

So, suggestions? What have you all done to yours? Any pics of LEDs versus regular? My JP came with LEDs, my RFM did not, and I'm not a purist or LED freak so I could go either way really.

#2 11 years ago

Bump.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

I found most of the GI lights were a pain to get to, the wires were stapled underneath and most of the upper GI bulbs required a lot of plastic/ramp removal. I never had the time to get around to it- Good luck!

#4 11 years ago

I did mine in in complete LEDs,wasnt bad at all Ill post pics later looks good though.

#5 11 years ago

I think I may go the LED route since it appears these arent the easiest bulbs to get to. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

#6 11 years ago

I love MSF. I will b doing a complete led conversion. I am also going to get gold mirror blades from Drano. This game really does not need any mods....it was made so well.

#7 11 years ago

Id LED the game just so you wont have to come back later and change bulbs. I you like the light a incandescent puts out then try a warm white LED.

#8 11 years ago

I have an MSF and LED conversion ( especially the back glass) made a huge difference. I have also upgraded the back glass speakers with out that noticeable of a difference.

#9 11 years ago

Here are some phone pics of mine not the best quality but you get the idea.

0330131957.jpg0330131957.jpg 0330131957b.jpg0330131957b.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Like all pics looks better in person

#11 11 years ago

I just spent 2 hours on/off cleaning and changing bulbs on MSF. It wasnt too much of a pain, but I mostly changed the underneath bulbs I could reach. We havent ventured into the ones under ramps or plastics yet, because I dont have enough bulbs. Making a list and checking it twice though. Right now it is about 70/30 regular/LED but between the new bulbs and replacing/cleaning the regulars it is much brighter.
I only color coded the inserts to whatever color they were, and used some blue/orange in the backbox because half the regulars l iterally fell out of the base and I didnt have enough to do it without LEDs. Looks much better in person of course, but I like it so far. Hoping to get frosted whites for the topside to keep the same soft colors but so that I only have to pull this thing apart once.

#12 11 years ago

Before.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#13 11 years ago

After.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 11 years ago

So pretty together.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 11 years ago

I believe I've seen that exact MSF somewhere before...

#16 11 years ago

I am afraid you are mistaken. This one has LEDs in it.

#17 11 years ago

Mom said they took the glass off twice when they had it. Once when I was there and cleaned it with her when she first got it. I can tell they were busy racking up high scores because it was filthy. It seems the rolly bracket thing is missing on the left side under the playfield, so it falls off the track then gets twisted when i am trying to put it back down. Also, the lockbar somehow broke both brackets and just sits on top now, doesnt lock. I have a list of things to get for it, so it will be all pretty and fixed up when I get done. It plays great, just needs a beauty makeover.

I didnt realize how similar the layout is to JP until I got them next to each other, but it already seems harder just having to light FRANKENSTEIN to even start a mode.

#18 11 years ago

I am afraid you are mistaken. This one has LEDs in it.

homer-simpson-doh.gifhomer-simpson-doh.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 259.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/msf-is-coming-to-my-house-tomorrow-anything-i-should-know and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.