(Topic ID: 212455)

MrsPin Podcast - Here’s one for the ladies (and gents)!

By MrsPin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

813D1E04-419A-445B-B242-913D0E43D69D (resized).jpeg
    159E3716-9B3D-43B1-AFF7-90EDE96BEEC2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2018-03-18-12-15-21 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 5 years ago

Congratulations @mrspin! You forced me to listen to a podcast for the first time ever, because several pinpals told me you were talking about my global pinfiending on yours. I have to admit i didn't listen to the whole thing, though. My ears ran out of steam i guess... I've just never been into talk radio, nor audio-books. I don't even tend to watch video links that friends send. Sorta OT but, do people ever post textscripts of podcasts, the way you can sometimes find the texts from radio interviews and the like? I think i prefer reading because i can take it in at my own pace.
    Anyway, i can confirm that the only way i could possibly play as often i do is that i am currently living in pinball-Mecca like Portland(OR) where we have at least one IFPA approved competition per week, and sometimes as many as three. It probably helps that i have no children or pets or partners or other commitments to complicate my attendance at any event i feel like (evenings/weekends anyway, but pinball even comes before work, sometimes...)
    One of the things i quite enjoy about pinning in Oceania is that the Aussies and Kiwis have gotten into doing big multi-day events lately; packing in two or more competitions in a day and stringing several days like that together for a big long wonderful weekend of pinball. Not to mention that it's the New Zealand pinball scene that first lured me into the competition world (thanks guys!). Once i discovered the calendar page on IFPA, i started checking it before i plan any travel, so i can maximize attendance at convenient pinball events.
    Last comment: as a single woman who travels a lot, i have found that pinball is a great way to A) spend time out in a bar with something to do so guys don't creep on me too much, and B) make new friends when i've moved to or am working in a new place.

Thanks for the shout-out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mrspin-podcast-here%e2%80%99s-one-for-the-ladies-and-gents?tu=adania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.