1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210906_102153 (resized).jpg
20210826_160915 (resized).jpg
20210826_160910 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210819_093656 (resized).jpg
64f1865226ed4de98cf551ae39c9ec9db4bed619 (1) (resized).jpg
121681d62c886237e690e282c26a45f1dd6ce79d (resized).jpg
IMG_20210807_093452 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

We knew it would eventually get to this point. It started with a customer wanting to replace every rollover in his @black-knight-2000 then someone wanted to replace every rollover in their Rick and Morty (Blood Sucker Edition) and then someone wanted to replace, not just every rollover, but almost all the switches in his Tales of the Arabian Nights with MRS'! And we delivered ....it called for the creation of a couple unique MRS' we hadn't invented before - but we got the job done! Here's a pic of the whole lot! Heading off to ship to the customer - of all things on his birthday.....

Thanks for your continued support and patronage!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

IMG_20210807_093452 (resized).jpgIMG_20210807_093452 (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Happy for your enthusiasm & success!
For those of us unfamiliar with your work it would be helpful if you explained:
What is an MRS?
Why might I want some?
Where can I buy them?

We work strictly word of mouth - just simply PM me or blubboman ...we have universal MRS' for plastic ramps and rollovers as well as custom MRS' for pins with bowls and such....

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The MRS switches replace the mechanical 'micro' switches. They work by sensing the metallic ball itself, without needing to touch it. The mass of the ball allows MAGNETIC sensing. What they have done is create specific mounting versions of the same technology, in this case to fit all of the places in a TOTAN where microswitches are being used. The benefit? No more broken switch issues. The MRS switches have no moving parts so they just work 'forever' and they can literally replace the existing mechanical switches just by swapping them in and hooking to the same wire. The key for M&M was to make the mounting brackets to fit each place in a TOTAN, which they apparently have now done. I suspect players that log lots of games on a machine would benefit greatly from these MRS switches. They don't get dirty, gummed up, or fail to actuate due to mechanical failures or bent switch arms, etc. They continue to work as long as a big steel ball passes near it.

Correct!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Are these custom order only? Selling via a web store?

We don't have a store - just PM me, testimonial is our modus operandi for the last 2 years now!

In your particular collection - your NBAFB has OEM MRS' (the most at 7 of Williams pins) - we make replacement for those as well....

Matt

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Whoa that is like $500 worth of MRS!

Well, not that much - but it was $360.....

Matt

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I'd imagine these are primarily useful where you have difficult to adjust switches. A ramp where the ball can go fast enough to miss the switch. A switch that can stop a slow ball and make it get stuck. Switches underneath ramps or a mini-pf that make cleaning ball trails a real pain.

Exactly!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

TZ is full of microswitches.

And your RFM (3) and SWEP1 (2) have a few MRS'!!!

Matt

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Do these still work on wire forms? The Dialed-In right orbit shot can sometimes miss the switch on the wire ramp. But since it's already metal wouldn't that give false positives or just stay on or something?

You bet...but it ain't easy.....we have 2....the first and more prolific is for Shadow (you can look on the club page)...and the most recent is in the pic for TOTAN....take a look at that twisty bastard - it took a lot of modeling to get that MRS for the wireform left to right return ramp - but we did it...

Matt

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

How bout new machines utilizing these. Not sure but could this eliminate the cut out slots on the playfields ?

We aren't sure if we'd be happy the day someone approaches us about that or not - I may have to quit my day job that day : )

Matt

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Would these work on a metal ramp or habitrail? Particularly thinking of the left ramp on The Shadow (with the diverter sending the ball across the playfield). I've installed an extended switch mount plastic, longer blade, and still get a combination of misses from the ball flying too fast or occasionally getting stuck on the switch from the ball moving too slow. Less since I made the custom adjustments but still happens. It's a very common problem on that game, I believe.

Yep...as chuckwurt noted!

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Sounds great. The Bowl on JY is one I like to try it on for sure.
The orbits on Totan and CV could definitely benefit also. My CV can miss fast balls for the left orbit. so can Totan every now and then since the switch triggers a magnet to catch the ball.
My CV is next in line for a full restore and playfield swap later this year. Hopefully more full kits will be available.

We have the JY solution available now of course - just PM me....and anything you need for CV or TOTAN - please - just reach out....the kits vary on the owners needs and motivation to install....thanks!

Matt

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

How do these look installed in a normal switch in a the playfield? The whole thing is beneath the playfield? Is anything in the slit of the switch?

For the rollovers.... The sensing section fits in the slot and just a bit below flush with the playfield..... They are black... So you don't see much, just that tiny little magnet.... They simply have a superior aesthetic to the stock switches.....

Matt

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Any pics of them installed or video in play?

Got your PM....sent you a reply - thanks man!

#42 2 years ago

Awesome news.....very good! Thanks man!!

Matt
M&M Creations

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I hope you sell millions of these. It is such a simple but elegant solution . For whatever reason, I completely dig not having switches visible on the playfield.
To be clear about "simple" since that could be interpreted wrong ... what I mean is that you're not using a bunch of complex stuff. For example, they used a processor with an inductor on Alien for solid state switches. I always thought that was slick, but overkill since TI has had a single chip solution for that available for almost a decade now.
Your solution cuts all of that crap out of the equation and replaces it with some common, passive parts and a 3D printed mount. Plus I believe you gave away a few examples on Thingiverse .
Like I said, I hope you sell millions . I completely dig endeavors like your's and need to stop overthinking when it comes to solutions to problems .

Now this guy gets it!! Thank you!!

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Would one of these work to replace the missing switch and bracket under the space shuttle on the main ramp?
Not my Pic.
[quoted image]

Yep - we've already sold 2 of our universal ramp MRS to Space Shuttle owners for that very purpose...our MRS adheres underneath the ramp the Space Shuttle cover goes over and replaces that gate and leaf switch...

Matt

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Would one of these work to replace the missing switch and bracket under the space shuttle on the main ramp?
Not my Pic.
[quoted image]

Oh, and since it looks like you have a Taxi in your collection you can also replace the switch in the spinout bowl to garner more revolutions with our Taxi MRS - makes the ball spinning round - contactless!

Matt

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Pinbot ramps, ebd star rollover, high speed ramps.

High Speed and Pinbot customers already - yep - working on star rollovers however....

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Spike2 system compatible? Would be a great fix for stuck balls in the tomb on Iron Maiden Premium/LE

Sure are!

Matt
M&M Creations

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Could someone please figure out how to put these on the Cirqus Voltaire high wire ramp?

We figured out a complex wireform for TOTAN and a more basic wireform solution for Shadow - we'll take a look again at the CV high wire - see what we can do...lots of ferritic material - makes it tricky....

Matt

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Are these detecting thru the full 1/2” of playfield wood when used to replace rollover and inlane, outlane switches?

It's simpler than that...the sensing circuit is in the slot itself (this is what makes me cry at night when I build them)- so it only needs to sense a couple millimeters.

Matt

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

What is the maximum reliable penetration through a wooden playfield if no slot were present? Thinking of homebrew mods.

About the full depth of a playfield is the max....that's why they were routed/pocketed....they had to thin the playfields up a bit for greater reliability...

Matt

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Definitely going to be ordering some from you. Just busy prepping games for the Atlanta SFGE show next weekend.
How are they in the loops with balls with a lot of speed? Like the orbits in Totan and CV

Better than the original switches....that's one of the perks of using them...instead of a mechanical strike - they use a magnetic field to trigger...

Matt

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Will there be any vendors with these MRS’ at the Pin-A-Go-Go (Dixon, CA) event this October? It would be interesting seeing these beauties in person as well as possibly taking shipping out of the purchase equation.

California sounds nice, but we don't really hit up the shows - although we do plan on being at Chicago Expo in Oct, and the Louisville show next year...otherwise - we build to order...it's a small operation really....

Matt

#72 2 years ago

An entire EATPM?!?! yep......

IMG_20210819_093656 (resized).jpgIMG_20210819_093656 (resized).jpg
#74 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Do you have replacements for the ramp entry switches for the Monster Slide and Party Punch ramps?! That would be awesome. I get rejects from the Monster Slide all the time because of the switch.

Yep, they are in the pic above...it's our universal ramp MRS - it allows you to remove all the gate stuff, the original Cherry switch and hide theMRS underneath the ramp entrances...someone on Pinside I think Pinkitten did this very thing on his EATPM - check the EATPM forum....he mentioned it recently.

Matt
M&M Creations

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone have before and after pics of a ramp switch replacement?

There are some in the Whitewater group - the point being - you won't see anything - they are so small they go underneath both the ramp and typically the decal there at the opening.....I found it - this customer replaced both gates for the entrance to Bigfoot Bluff and Insanity Falls...as you see - you'll see nothing..

https://imgproxy.pinside.com/YaOvRD2T7CvPg3hwM6iVs5lAYMlekWYz3-VkAQAVFrU/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzgvNzEvMzAvODcxMzBlNzUwYWUwNzQxMzE3ZTczNWQxNzY5YmU3MjQ2OTU0YjFmZS5qcGc

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'm about to shop my WCS I just picked up a few weeks ago. Have attempted some on the ramps like these switches.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep you simply remove those gates/switches and adhere a tiny MRS underneath the ramp to replace it....it's that simple

Matt
M&M Creations

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Makes sense. I'll start tearing into it next week, I think I'll try and do the whole game with these switches.

That's what everyone's been doing lately - doing a DE GNR right now....

Matt

1 week later
#82 2 years ago

The trend continues....this customer wished all the rollovers in his DE GnR to be MRS...wish granted...this is a pic of the 12 rollovers for DE GnR.....this is our first entire DE pin conversion - previous all MRS' conversions have been either WMS or Spooky.....this customer indicated he may want to convert most of his ramps as well - so this story may continue....

Matt
M&M Creations

IMG_20210906_102153 (resized).jpgIMG_20210906_102153 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#84 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

MRS took care of that problem! It works so much better than the original switch and it really cleans up the ramp. So far I've just replaced the switch on the Monster Slide ramp. I actually just ordered new ramps for EATPM though, so I'll put MRS on both ramps when I install the new ones. If you're on the fence about MRS, don't hesitate!

Holy Crap Kyle! Thanks for the video - we are so busy making them - we never have time for something like this!

Thanks again.

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

1 year later
#86 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Is it possible to get these for WH2O? Thank you

Of course...just PM....let's see what you are thinking.....

Matt

1 week later
#92 1 year ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Wonder if this would work with Diner as well.

Of course Slim64 ...we have one for Diner as well....in fact any pin with a bowl...we have it for: Diner, Taxi, Transporter, Mustang, DE GNR, JY, Creech....I could be forgetting one....oh, yeah...Cactus Canyon

Matt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mrs-your-entire-pin-?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.