(Topic ID: 261729)

MRS for Ramps! A universal solution to plastic ramp microswitches.

By Sonic

6 days ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200210_203752 (resized).jpg
20200210_202933 (resized).jpg
20200210_203326 (resized).jpg
20200210_203302 (resized).jpg
20200210_203207 (resized).jpg
IMG_05821 (resized).jpg
20200210_202623 (resized).jpg
20200210_202525 (resized).jpg

#1 6 days ago

At M&M Creations, we first remade the previously unobtainium Williams MRS as found in: CC, CV, SWE1, SC, NGG, NBAFB & RFM - then we moved on to create custom MRS' for pins with bowls - who doesn't like watching the ball go 'round & 'round - CFTBL, Transporter, Diner & CC....but we wanted to broaden our horizons a bit with something a little more universal in it's application....so we would like to introduce a self-adhering MRS for plastic ramps/subways.....sorry, but sheet/wire metal ramps are a no to physics : (

The ramp MRS is plug & play - it simply sticks to any flat surface on a plastic ramp/subways (sides or bottom - kind of like NBAFB & CC does) and can come with bare wire leads for splicing (green to green, white to white) or if you know the length of wire needed to get back to the connector under the playfield - we are more than happy to connectorize it - Either way the ramp MRS is universal with all DE, SEGA and Williams switch matrix's....SYS11, WPC89, WPC95, PIN2K, Data East v3, the Sega Whitestar stuff.....the places you can use them are innumerable - I put some pics up so you can see what I'm talking about - there are a lot of applications to be found where sticky Cherry switches don't register, or hold up the ball or slow it down......and frankly, I'm sure some of you can even find other applications for it.

We thought it'd be good to having something a little more versatile - so here it is....see below - or more importantly - ask questions....pics are from CC, RFM, SC, CFTBL and of the MRS itself......remember, it's just pics - really for nothing more to get the brain going to kind of get the application - since there are so many ways to apply them.....
20200210_202525 (resized).jpg20200210_202623 (resized).jpg20200210_202933 (resized).jpg20200210_203207 (resized).jpg20200210_203302 (resized).jpg20200210_203326 (resized).jpg20200210_203752 (resized).jpgIMG_05821 (resized).jpg

#2 6 days ago

Nice. I just had my left ramp exit switch on RFM break (again). I think I'll be in for one of these.

#3 6 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Nice. I just had my left ramp exit switch on RFM break (again). I think I'll be in for one of these.

Good deal....just send me a PM - let me know if you want it connectorized or just bare wires to splice.....you know the drill!

#4 6 days ago

How much are the MRS?
Any discount for quantity?
Jerry

#5 6 days ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

How much are the MRS?
Any discount for quantity?
Jerry

What the heck?!? I was literally just going to PM you....that's nuts....shoot me a PM - I saw your Taxi resto and we wanted to create an MRS for the Spinout - but that's one pin we don't have (BBB, CC, SC, Transporter, Spirit - sure, but no Taxi? : ) ) .....so we were looking for some measurements and a tester.....

#6 6 days ago

So am I correct in assuming that this switch essentially works like an eddy sensor? Ball rolls near it and it registers?

If so, this is the perfect thing to fix the one remaining annoyance on my homebrew.

#7 6 days ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

So am I correct in assuming that this switch essentially works like an eddy sensor? Ball rolls near it and it registers?
If so, this is the perfect thing to fix the one remaining annoyance on my homebrew.

Correct....MRS' were used in various Sega and WMS pins....SW:Trilogy & Space Jam and Cactus Can, SafeCrack, Cirqus Vol, NBA Fast, No Good Gof, Revenge From Mars and SW: Ep 1.....

As far as your homebrew - if your using the same diode switch matrix approach as WMS and DE/Sega pins - yes - plug/play.....green to green, white to white as they say!

#8 6 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

As far as your homebrew - if your using the same diode switch matrix approach as WMS and DE/Sega pins - yes - plug/play.....green to green, white to white as they say!

I think I have my switch matrix wired backwards, but a little experimenting and I think I can make it work.

Where do I sign up?

#9 6 days ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

I think I have my switch matrix wired backwards, but a little experimenting and I think I can make it work.
Where do I sign up?

Just shoot me a PM!

#11 5 days ago

$30/piece....some have kindly expressed their feelings about the price - but when the original MRS' went extinct nearly 7 years ago - they were $25/pop...these are smaller, lighter and more sensitive.....hand built... not easy to make....or tune!

#12 5 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

$30/piece....some have kindly expressed their feelings about the price - but when the original MRS' went extinct nearly 7 years ago - they were $25/pop...these are smaller, lighter and more sensitive.....hand built... not easy to make....or tune!

And worth every penny if you need a replacement.

Keep up the great work guys! Thanks for making them.

#13 5 days ago

Thanks DeeGor for your purchase - I'm working on it as we speak!

#14 22 hours ago

Well, it showed up, I tried it, and it's awesome.

Here's your glowing review!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-very-physical-undertale-fangame/page/4#post-5475024

Thanks for building this thing - it finally fixed the last really annoying thing about my homebrew.

#15 20 hours ago

You can also make these switches yourself. They are actually quite simple to put together. You only need 2 magnets and a reed switch. I posted the design and instructions to make one here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1652237

#16 19 hours ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

You can also make these switches yourself. They are actually quite simple to put together. You only need 2 magnets and a reed switch. I posted the design and instructions to make one here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1652237

Wow... kinda mean hijacking a thread where someone made something and is trying to make a dollar... perhaps you should have posted a new thread ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Harpers Ferry, WV

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside