cc (resized).jpg
PXL_20200926_210541458 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200926_210535263 (resized).jpg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpg
595B672F-6D9C-49FF-9166-DCC36035F24D (resized).jpeg
creech (resized).jpg
MRS-R (resized).jpg
mrs_compare (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Just making a repro part announcement. We began making repro MRS' in mid-2019 - but only announced on the RFM forum (they are handmade and didn't want to get overwhelmed with orders). We've been branching out more to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in SC, CV, NBAFB, NGG, SWEP1 and CC ...they went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive (which we've found is key when playfields have clear-coats applied!) than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SWT) and a repro M&M Creations MRS.

Further, we designed an MRS mod for CFTBL (see pic) to be placed in the whirlpool to garner more revolutions instead of that silly Cherry switch getting whacked by the ball. PM if interested!

Matt & Dan

MRS-R (resized).jpgMRS-R (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpgcreech (resized).jpgcreech (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I just received your creature bowl switch. Can you post a picture with the switch installed.
Thanks

Just head over to the Creech group for pics of installed units... If that fails... Just shoot me a call!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What’s the pricing? Way to go

Hi Chris....replacement MRS' are $25/switch....the custom Creech MRS' are $30/switch....

#9 4 years ago

And just like that M&M Creations releases a custom MRS for Transporters bowl....granted a very rare pin - but we have one and love it - so it was on the list to make - and now is available!!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

How about a reed switch for Cactus Canyon?

We have them... Or did you mean the bowl for the skill shot?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Would something like taping a steel shim to the back of the switch help to cut down the field from picking up the ball in the trough?

Negative... That would disrupt the field.... Moving is the best bet

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I love my MRS on CFTBL - what a great mod. Would one of these work on the Diner coffee cup?

We didn't announce...I guess we are now... But we have that... Just hasn't released it for purchase yet

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I wonder if one of these could be modifed to replace the left ramp switch on shadow?

It occurred to me many years ago - but with all the metal on the ramp - it doesn't work well....

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Your doing God's work.
Nice job

It's funny - one thing Dan and I learned from all of this - is what may seem 'simple' was FAR from it....these little bastards are tricky and require tuning....it took almost a full year to get where we are at....and even though I'd argue we are at full command behind the magic of these things - there are still days we both go - 'huh...didn't know that'....so hopefully nobody armchair QB's these things - because you wouldn't have a remote idea how complex they can be.....

3 weeks later
#35 4 years ago
Quoted from maglar:Where do I go yo purchase these? I need one for Creature.

Just PM me - I'll put you on the list...

7 months later
#38 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I finally got around to installing one of these switches on one of my Cactus Canyons this weekend. It works great and the wiring was just the right length.
Here are some pictures after I had attached the MRS and removed the old cherry switch. I zip tied the wires to the flasher harness, the same as the original switch, for a stock look.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good job! Thanks for the kind words. Please review the pic I've included- you can also mount the MRS to the hex-post (that's why the bolt is included)....so either mount it to the hex-standoff or stick it to the bowl - either way works....

Matt
M&M Creations

cc (resized).jpgcc (resized).jpg
6 months later
#41 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Still making the bowl switch for Creech?

We sure do! Just PM me to order!

Matt
M&M Creations

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Still making the bowl switch for Creech?

Also - since I see you have a Shadow - check out our MRS solution on the Shadow forum - lots of pics and testimonials - oh on the HEP thread too - he adopted our solution on a couple recent restorations!

Matt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mrs-are-no-longer-unobtanium?tu=sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.