cc (resized).jpg
PXL_20200926_210541458 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200926_210535263 (resized).jpg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpg
595B672F-6D9C-49FF-9166-DCC36035F24D (resized).jpeg
creech (resized).jpg
MRS-R (resized).jpg
mrs_compare (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

Got mine installed! Works great! Consistently get 4 revs compared to the 2 I used to get. Was rewarded on my first test game by getting my playfield multiplier it to 4X. Just missed the Super Jackpot.

Only very minor bummer is that the MRS detects 1 bowl hit when a new ball is ejected from the trough into the shooter lane.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

Hey Rascal_H
This is something we were worried about! We've intentionally increased the sensitivity on these over the Williams baseline, mostly for the switches under the playfield. This can counter some issues like thick clearcoats and slightly thicker playfields which might be making original switches not effective. We carried some of that to these bowl switches just to be sure they worked well even if there is some variation on how they are installed. Even an extra millimeter sensitivity seems to matter a lot!
Is it possible to rotate it around the bowl further (toward the top of the playfield, I think?) to move it slightly away from the shooter lane? If that doesn't work, we can swap it for a slightly less sensitive one.
Let us know.
Thanks for this feedback. This is very helpful for us to tune these for best performance.
Dan

Thanks, I will try that. Hoping the adhesive tape stays sticky after repositioning. Guess I could pretty easily add some new tape if needed.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

Hey Rascal_H
This is something we were worried about! We've intentionally increased the sensitivity on these over the Williams baseline, mostly for the switches under the playfield. This can counter some issues like thick clearcoats and slightly thicker playfields which might be making original switches not effective. We carried some of that to these bowl switches just to be sure they worked well even if there is some variation on how they are installed. Even an extra millimeter sensitivity seems to matter a lot!
Is it possible to rotate it around the bowl further (toward the top of the playfield, I think?) to move it slightly away from the shooter lane? If that doesn't work, we can swap it for a slightly less sensitive one.
Let us know.
Thanks for this feedback. This is very helpful for us to tune these for best performance.
Dan

I moved to the bottom of the bowl. It seems to fix unwanted detects.

Issues here are

1) it’s more visible

2) the MRS is magnetizing the ball and with the switch at the bottom of the ball I’ve actually had the ball stick to the switch

595B672F-6D9C-49FF-9166-DCC36035F24D (resized).jpeg595B672F-6D9C-49FF-9166-DCC36035F24D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mrs-are-no-longer-unobtanium?tu=rascal_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.