(Topic ID: 259660)

Mr&mrs pacman pin.

By arcadebeast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
    8AECF932-5048-4EAE-9841-FA945DF14459 (resized).jpeg
    51ADDBA1-0B4D-4F9F-879A-AF5439996799 (resized).jpeg
    1 006 (resized).jpg
    1 005 (resized).jpg
    1 001 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2880 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Anyone know where the braided ground coming from the body hooks up in the back box? Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Their should be a braided strap along the top back box that has a hole for the truss head screw.
    The braid is stapled to the bottom surface of the top backbox.
    If the braid is not present, it could have been removed by someone.

1 week later
    #3 4 years ago

Thank for the response vec-tor. Do u happen to have a pic of it? Thanks again.

#4 4 years ago

On mine, it was attached here. I do not know if it's from origin or not.

IMG_2880 (resized).JPGIMG_2880 (resized).JPG
    #5 4 years ago

As long as its attached to the metal shielding you are good.

#6 4 years ago

thanks guys, always there when i need help. thanks again

4 weeks later
    #7 4 years ago

hey, guys once again I'm looking for help. replaced CPU and driver board with alltek boards. all was fine and while playing a game last night all lamps under plastics and bumpers not lighting up. all other lamps on the playfield are working fine. switched out lamp driver board with 2 others and still the same. Did anyone ever have this issue? thanks

1 001 (resized).jpg1 001 (resized).jpg1 005 (resized).jpg1 005 (resized).jpg1 006 (resized).jpg1 006 (resized).jpg
    #8 4 years ago

No G.I. lighting? Check the rectifier board fuses.

#9 4 years ago

this may be a dumb question. I'm green when it comes to fixing these things but where would that be located?

#10 4 years ago

Turn the power off to the game. They are in the lower body of the game. You can pull each one and check if they are good.

#11 4 years ago
    51ADDBA1-0B4D-4F9F-879A-AF5439996799 (resized).jpeg51ADDBA1-0B4D-4F9F-879A-AF5439996799 (resized).jpeg8AECF932-5048-4EAE-9841-FA945DF14459 (resized).jpeg8AECF932-5048-4EAE-9841-FA945DF14459 (resized).jpeg
    #12 4 years ago

all fuses good

#13 4 years ago

Do you have general lighting in the head/ back box?

#14 4 years ago

yes everything else work fine

#16 4 years ago

Q19 led on the driver board stays lit if that means anything. ok, thanks for the link will check it out now. thanks for the help.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
    #17 4 years ago

I was hoping it was something on the easy side. Haha. Do a little reading and if you can’t get it, one of the big guys can walk you through it. Good luck.

#18 4 years ago

GI lights come right off the power supply and (typically) have no connection to the computer of the game. If all the playfield GI is out but you are positive the fuse is good you have a loose connector or broken wire. Start with the playfield power connector plugged into the power supply. There is a triac in all of this so see my further notes....

It's been pointed out there is a lamp flasher and triac to power the GI. That's probably where the fault is. See my post below...

#19 4 years ago

This is incorrect, there's a Traic that turns the GI light on and off, during different game modes.
    Its mounted next to the power supply.
    I had same problem with mine, I just bypassed it.

#20 4 years ago

Hey guys thanks for the reply. I do have some lights lit on Playfield. Only ones not lit are all under Playfield plastics and pumpers. Also wdenni do you have a pic of triac that you bypassed. Meanwhile I will check wires thanks again.

#21 4 years ago

Thanks Wdennie, I completely forgot about the triac. That is most likely the problem. There is a lamp flasher board on the playfield that needs a load lamp to activate. Sometimes this lamp is bad or missing or replaced with an LED. If any of this is true the triac will not activate and there will be no playfield GI.

#22 4 years ago

Q19 is the coin lockout coil, nothing to do with your issue.

#23 4 years ago

Where is this triac board? On the Playfield?

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcadebeast:

Where is this triac board? On the Playfield?

Reread post #19

#25 4 years ago

Should be mounted in the metal plate next to the power (fuse) board near the transformer

#26 4 years ago

thanks, guys
    had the time to mess with it today. after hrs of going nuts, I figured out. Aux driver board under the playfield. I resolder the pins. now lamps work but I must have messed something up with soundboard. green lite flash 5 times at boot up all good. but no sound. when I press on sound rom U4 I got sound pulled it out to reseat it and now nothing. could it be the rom. and where can I get new ROMs already set up for the game? thanks

#27 4 years ago

I also have another soundboard but the green light stays on after boot up.

#28 4 years ago

Ahhh, you have the domino effect.
    You know, you try and fix one thing, then another shows up and then another and so on.

#29 4 years ago

lol, this machine was working fine. this all happened last Saturday. do you know of anyone that repairs bally soundboards?

#30 4 years ago

I am having to repair a Bally Centaur S&Q board that is flaky...
    Also, a Harlem Globetrotter SND board.
    But I am on the west coast.

#31 4 years ago

Do u repair boards??

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcadebeast:

Do u repair boards??

Yes, I have repaired different pinball boards...
    Most of the boards I have repaired are from the 1970's to 1990's

#33 4 years ago

I see ignored user post. How did that happen??

#34 4 years ago

Sorry vect-tor I don’t know how I did that. Anyway is there any where I can send my soundboard for repair?

#35 4 years ago

Soundboard all set. Sound rom at U5. i re soldered chip socket all is good. Thanks to all taking the time to help.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcadebeast:

Soundboard all set. Sound rom at U5. i re soldered chip socket all is good. Thanks to all taking the time to help.

Fantastic...

#37 4 years ago

Thanks vec-tor

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mrampmrs-pacman-pin-?hl=vec-tor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.