• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6ED74E2A-3A3C-467D-BA81-F26C9C3595EB (resized).png
8E24D7BC-E5B2-4677-8A00-0A5516B5EFCA (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hi I just picked up a mr mrs Pac-Man and the play field is pretty rough.what are my options to try and fix this? Never had to do any cosmetic work to a pinball before so any help would be appreciated.
Also I got this non working. Haven’t had time to get into it yet but when I took the head off for travel I noticed that there was a spot on the board with no connection. Is this normal or am I missing something.
Thanks for any help

6ED74E2A-3A3C-467D-BA81-F26C9C3595EB (resized).png6ED74E2A-3A3C-467D-BA81-F26C9C3595EB (resized).png8E24D7BC-E5B2-4677-8A00-0A5516B5EFCA (resized).jpeg8E24D7BC-E5B2-4677-8A00-0A5516B5EFCA (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

J5 connection has nothing in it in that game it's normal.

#3 2 years ago

Kind of a fun and different game. Have fun.

#4 2 years ago

Full repaint or live with it as is. Depends on how crazy you want to get.

#5 2 years ago

Unfortunately there's no hardtop or repro out there that I'm aware of. You may want to just get it working and play it as is for a bit--decide first if it's a game you want to go to those lengths to upgrade/restore. I have a Stars with a pretty rough playfield but it still plays fast and fun anyway. When you're playing the game, the missing art/playfield wear doesn't matter as much. It can certainly affect the way the ball travels when moving slow, but what can you do.

As others said, the only option for now would be to repaint and clear coat it. Not impossible, but certainly a more advanced-level job. You may want to see if anyone's doing playfield restoration, but good work doesn't come cheap and that playfield needs a lot of touch up.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for your input.
I was afraid that painting was going to be my only option as that is definitely not something I can do.maybe another option will present itself in the future. For now I’m going to focus on getting it running.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Bloodsin:

I was afraid that painting was going to be my only option as that is definitely not something I can do.maybe another option will present itself in the future.

We haven't heard of any movement but it wouldn't hurt expressing interest here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outside-edge-seeking-interest-level-in-mr-and-mrs-pac-man-hardtop-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mrampmrs-pac-man-help-play-field- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.