(Topic ID: 271579)

Mr. Tantrum's Pinball Apron Cards (with poll)

By Mr_Tantrum

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who likes installing custom apron cards for their pins?”

• The first thing I do when I get a new pin is to tear up the ugly OEM cards and PM Mr. Tantrum to see if he has or can desing me some new ones. 17 votes
      21%
    • I like custom apron cards, but I only have them on some of my pins since I prefer well-made ones with quality graphics. 44 votes
      54%
    • I'm happy to download any old card design from on Pinside, well done or not, print it on my crappy printer on cheap paper, and slap them on my pin. 9 votes
      11%
    • Who in their right mind would deface a pinball machine with custom apron cards? 12 votes
      15%

(82 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    426BB039-9488-45BC-AAB1-A6FE838D6A9E (resized).jpeg
    20200829_182419 (resized).jpg
    20200829_182435 (resized).jpg
    20200820_163557 (resized).jpg
    20200820_163429 (resized).jpg
    20200720_180018 (resized).jpg
    20200720_175403 (resized).jpg
    lw3cards (resized).jpg
    cometcards (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200710_190006 (resized).jpg
    20200708_191151 (resized).jpg
    0A227484-C871-49E7-BCD6-59B80A5F6342 (resized).jpeg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

New Aerosmith cards have been posted. While some of these look like others already out there, I've completely redone the graphics as those available were lacking in image quality.

http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/aerosmith

4 weeks later
    #53 3 years ago

Any Ghostbusters cards in the works?

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Any Ghostbusters cards in the works?

No, but there are several good ones already out there. I'm always happy to make cards that aren't my original designs for $10 a set. Same process is used with photo quality printer, clear gloss vinyl overlay, colored edges, etc.

#55 3 years ago

Just got my LW3 cards and love them!

20200820_163429 (resized).jpg20200820_163429 (resized).jpg20200820_163557 (resized).jpg20200820_163557 (resized).jpg
    #56 3 years ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Just got my LW3 cards and love them!

Those look great installed. Thanks for posting.

#57 3 years ago

GNR would be cool.

#60 3 years ago

I got my Star Wars cards and they look great! I saw people wondering why anyone would pay 10 bucks for this and it is easy. I don't have the resources to make this quality of card. They are more than just a photo print and are very high quality. I also had a minor issue with one card and Mr. Tantrum made it right for me with no issues. Great service. I'll post installed pictures when my second set (Ghostbusters) arrives!

#63 3 years ago

Looks great installed!

20200829_182419 (resized).jpg20200829_182419 (resized).jpg20200829_182435 (resized).jpg20200829_182435 (resized).jpg
    #64 3 years ago

Excellent quality apron card, have a few of them already and just placed another order for a few more for my Stern machines, well worth the $10.

1 week later
    #67 3 years ago
    Quoted from MisterScappy:

This bums me out.
    When I first tried having custom cards printed, I sent them to Walmart’s photo center. When I came to pick them up, they wouldn’t give them to me without a release form because they had a copyright symbol on them. Funny thing is that CVS’s photo center printed them with no issues, but their quality sucked and they zoomed in on the image. After that, I started printing them myself. There’s another thread here on Pinside where someone was posting custom cards that he created and the OP went silent in that thread. One can only assume that he got a C&D from PPS aa well.
    I hope you can work something out with PPS, maybe producing cards for them?

I have dealt with copyright infridgement for most of my career. Its a funny thing, the holder of the copyright is under no obligation to monetize or really do anything with their Intellectual property, but they own it and must demonstrate the defense of it to hold up in court. That said, the holders can usually be enticed to 'license' it if they can can make a revenue stream out of it, or they can own the entire process and merely sub-contract the production. If someone wanted to talk with PPS and offer to "revenue-share" with some mechnism to audit/authorize, then the discussion would be different. PPS would need to be 'reminded' that their is a ton of creative that goes into each piece, and that creative needs to be paid for as part of the revenue-share plan.

So two options/avenues which would benefit everyone:
    1) PPS licenses their IP to someone or some company with some audit/revenue details worked out to cut them in. Licensee takes care of the creative part, the production and the shipping. PPS doesn't have to do anything but collect their license fees. (Money flows to PPS)
    2) PPS remains the exclusive exclusive license holder and card SELLER and promotes these cards on their website and then simply 'sub-contracts' EACH ORDER they receive at a fee the production to a third party which could also be drop-shipped to the buyer. No licensing required. (Money flows to Third-Party Producer).

1 week later
    #68 3 years ago

Mr_Tantrum did an exceptional job producing brilliant, high gloss score cards for my 1988 Gottlieb Diamond Lady! Order from this guy! He sent the cards immediately after I purchased!

426BB039-9488-45BC-AAB1-A6FE838D6A9E (resized).jpeg426BB039-9488-45BC-AAB1-A6FE838D6A9E (resized).jpeg
    10 months later
    #71 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nothing for either BSD or TZ?

Unfortunately, due to PPS demands I do not offer any cards with Bally/Williams content: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-tantrum-s-pinball-apron-cards#post-5717456

#72 2 years ago

I've added several cards recently, including Alien

http://aproncards.com

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-tantrum-s-pinball-apron-cards/page/2?hl=manto1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.