5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I've been using the Mr Pinball website since 2001. That 1st year I got burned on a guy selling NOS Gottlieb EM playfields. I contacted the Atlanta police which was where the seller claimed he lived. Police report etc. It's still listed on the Mr Pinball scam alert website link and updates show the SOB is in jail now. Forward to 2018. I have always had great results with wanted ads from other collectors. Bought parts and games and was always happy since lots of these people aren't on Pinside or RGP back in the day. Recently posted for a couple PF's and most responses were scammers. To protect yourself:

1) Do a reverse image scan on google. Take any pictures you're sent, download and click "images" on google. Download the pics and see if listed to a former sales ad or a pin website.

2) Gmail is the preferred Nigerian server.

The rest has been covered here like bad English, no phone contact number etc.

Sucks that a great resource is now being overrun. I have these dirt bags responding to my "wanted" ads on CL asking what my best price is for the pinball machine I want to buy only because I list in the selling area. Oh well, just be smart.

#2 5 years ago

I too have used Mr Pinball for at least 10 years and they just sit there waiting for a new FS or WTB ad to hit so they can jump on it immediately, I'd guess maybe 35-40% of the ads there are from scammers.

#3 5 years ago

Site was the standard for about 15 years but between here, FB and CL I just don’t bother anymore.

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

that guy on Mr Pinball is scamming away:

Simpsons Pinball Party, 2003 Stern: 3700 Full LED, perfect game, almost perfect box, beautiful plastics (comes with extra plastics), all in order. Working. Bought as HUO with 1492 plays on it.
    Haris
    [email protected], Maine 09106

Posted a few weeks back the same but listed in Reno, NV using different emails:

bobby bossphilson [email protected] saying his name ADAM JOSEPH and even send a copy of someone driver license... He sent me the pictures from this ad https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70486

just FYI

#6 5 years ago

I was going to warn others, but when I searched for a thread I came up with this. I had two instances of scammers within the last couple of weeks on Mr. Pinball. Scammers are now going on to Pinside, copying word for word, and putting the ad on Mr. Pinball. I reported the scammers to the site moderator of Mr. Pinball. I realize that Mr. Pinball used to be the way to go, but I would not make a deal or even entertain anything on there. Pinside is the only place.

#7 5 years ago

Problem is nobody buys local. All I do is cash & carry sales. There are scams everywhere even on Pinside. Plenty of local collectors, pinball shows, etc...to keep me busy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-pinball-website-is-overflowing-with-scammers?hl=patentlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.